Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apotheosis posted:

Elvarheim (The guy behind The Azincourt and Glimmer) has come out with a new weapon:

The Cyrodilic Steel Dagger

(BTW, The Nexus is making GBS threads itself right now, so try to download it later.)

BTW, this mod goes great with Insanity's Steel Shortsword, which he just released (on my phone so I can't link).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GrizzlyCow posted:

Have you looked at XCE? To my knowledge it is the least sexualized body mod on the Nexus.

XCE is what I'm using right now, but mostly it is just a high res map of the default body with a few tweaks for the feet. The vanilla body has it's own proportion problems, especially around the shoulders. I just want to find a decent looking body that doesn't make me want to snap their fragile spine like Bane on Batman.

EDIT. You can't link, but I can.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007
Anyone know of a mod that makes dawnguard's main questline bearable? I did find this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25219// which I don't think I'll ever get tired of. The mod that makes arvak not look like crap seems pretty solid, too. Anything else I've missed?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Some sort of counseling, maybe.

pyro_archvile
Oct 2, 2011

Not actually an Arch-Vile

Carnalfex posted:

Anyone know of a mod that makes dawnguard's main questline bearable? I did find this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25219// which I don't think I'll ever get tired of. The mod that makes arvak not look like crap seems pretty solid, too. Anything else I've missed?

Thanks for a new candidate for the bad mods thread!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Apotheosis posted:

Elvarheim (The guy behind The Azincourt and Glimmer) has come out with a new weapon:

The Cyrodilic Steel Dagger

(BTW, The Nexus is making GBS threads itself right now, so try to download it later.)
The model is nice, but the textures make it look realy plastic-y in that screenshot. Is it the same in-game?

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

The model is nice, but the textures make it look realy plastic-y in that screenshot. Is it the same in-game?

That is rendered in software with more power than Skyrim's engine (Marmoset Toolbag). Technically, it will only look worse in all ways in game. That said, I don't think it looks plastic-y here.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
So what's the most "complete" lighting overhaul? All I want is a little darkening of nights and interiors(hopefully with appropriate lighting to match) without going overboard, though as used to darkness in the game as I had become, I'd rather have it than not. I used RLO previously, but it was still missing a lot of places and the inconsistency I found a little annoying.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

IMO, Climates of Tamriel for exterior lighting and Enhanced Lights and FX for interiors. Add in Lanterns of Skyrim and Wearable Lanterns for some additional lighting.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm running around town. An NPC says one of their generic lines to me. I enter a building before they finish talking. The NPC is now standing right inside next to me.

Is there any mod that fixes this? It's getting really weird having guards bust into my private home to tell me to stop lollygaggin'.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Scyantific posted:

IMO, Climates of Tamriel for exterior lighting and Enhanced Lights and FX for interiors. Add in Lanterns of Skyrim and Wearable Lanterns for some additional lighting.

CoT looks good and all, but I have a few questions/concerns. First of which it seems like a bit much for someone who keeps most of the visuals default, the near photo-realistic clouds in particular seem out of a place since my game is far from all super-HD-ified. Also, CoT does seem to do interior lighting adjustments, so I assume it plays nice with ELFX? Speaking of which it looks like ELFX doesn't do Dragonborn yet. Although it looks like most lighting modders haven't made it to DB yet.

Are there any fixes for the godawful lighting situation in Hearthfire homes?

And on an unrelated note has Deadly Dragons fallen out of favor since I last played? It's not in the new OP.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Uhhh so what do you suppose has put a skeleton overlay over everything in my vision?? This is a clean install.

SKSE
ENB Reference Mod
RealVision 2.3n
Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized
Texture Pack Combiner
Better Dynamic Snow
Detailed Rugs - Pelts
WATER

I don't even..?

Edit: It's the ENB. why

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

epitasis posted:

Uhhh so what do you suppose has put a skeleton overlay over everything in my vision?? This is a clean install.

SKSE
ENB Reference Mod
RealVision 2.3n
Texture Pack Combiner
Better Dynamic Snow
Detailed Rugs - Pelts
WATER

I don't even..?

The real question is why wouldn't you want this

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

epitasis posted:

SKSE
ENB Reference Mod
RealVision 2.3n
Texture Pack Combiner
Better Dynamic Snow
Detailed Rugs - Pelts
WATER

I don't even..?

Its hackers. They keep putting skulls on my stuff too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's the enblensmask.png in the original ENB v0.223 download. why

why

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Hackers got into the files and uploaded viruses into them

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Viperix posted:

CoT looks good and all, but I have a few questions/concerns. First of which it seems like a bit much for someone who keeps most of the visuals default, the near photo-realistic clouds in particular seem out of a place since my game is far from all super-HD-ified. Also, CoT does seem to do interior lighting adjustments, so I assume it plays nice with ELFX? Speaking of which it looks like ELFX doesn't do Dragonborn yet. Although it looks like most lighting modders haven't made it to DB yet.

Are there any fixes for the godawful lighting situation in Hearthfire homes?

And on an unrelated note has Deadly Dragons fallen out of favor since I last played? It's not in the new OP.

CoT plays nice with ELFX as long as you don't use any of CoT's interior modules.

I'm not done with the Gameplay section of the OP yet, but Deadly Dragons will be added. It's still the only good dragon combat overhaul mod out there.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Scyantific posted:

CoT plays nice with ELFX as long as you don't use any of CoT's interior modules.

I'm not done with the Gameplay section of the OP yet, but Deadly Dragons will be added. It's still the only good dragon combat overhaul mod out there.

Goody, sounds like that'll be the lighting solution I go with. Here's hoping the modder somehow gets to Dragonborn before I actually start playing...

Anything to be done about the Hearthfire problem? *sigh* I'm not sure I care, I've run into nothing but annoyance and irritation when it comes to Hearthfire. A great idea but too few options and limitations; and either it's a mess to work with or most modders don't seem to care because no-one has done much with it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Viperix posted:

Goody, sounds like that'll be the lighting solution I go with. Here's hoping the modder somehow gets to Dragonborn before I actually start playing...

Anything to be done about the Hearthfire problem? *sigh* I'm not sure I care, I've run into nothing but annoyance and irritation when it comes to Hearthfire. A great idea but too few options and limitations; and either it's a mess to work with or most modders don't seem to care because no-one has done much with it.

You could pop open the CK and add/change lighting to your tastes. It's really not all that hard once you get used to it.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Vasudus posted:

You could pop open the CK and add/change lighting to your tastes. It's really not all that hard once you get used to it.

Yeah, I've been there already, I should probably pop it open and have a go again. Last time I was using a different set of lighting mods and one of them was doing something to the Hearthfire houses to mess up my fiddling. Honestly I just need to get back into modding and make my own drat house. How hard could it be? It's only been 10 years since I last used the Morrowind CS...

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Viperix posted:

Yeah, I've been there already, I should probably pop it open and have a go again. Last time I was using a different set of lighting mods and one of them was doing something to the Hearthfire houses to mess up my fiddling. Honestly I just need to get back into modding and make my own drat house. How hard could it be? It's only been 10 years since I last used the Morrowind CS...

Making my own house has been a project of mine for the last few weeks. I learned most of the basic poo poo with the CK and I've been slowly throwing a few hours at it here and there. It's really easy once you get used to it.

I really really like the Dwemer architecture so I've been building basically a dwarven trophy hall with like balconies and waterfalls and poo poo, all underground.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
loving finally, Morrowind style rechant over time:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/42356//

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Yeah that should go in the OP, great mod.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
This looks interesting. Dynamic Loot, let's you customize drops according to enemy type. Looks like you can disallow high tier items from dropping, so it might be a suitable Morrowloot-lite.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

^ Well you really can't call it a Morrowloot-lite because Morrowloot also disables the crafting of high-tier items as well.

Gyshall posted:

Yep, adding this because gently caress carrying around soul gems for recharging purposes. Between this and SPERG enchanting stuff just got a whole lot more fun.

E: OP is finally done, about loving time I finished it. A few notes:

-I didn't bother to include massive gameplay overhauls like Requiem or SkyRe, mainly because I don't use them. I'll add them if need be though.
-The same can also apply for house mods. If you've got a house mod that would interest people, feel free to post it here and I'll add it to the OP.
-If anyone's got more Dawnguard/Dragonborn mods that are actually good, post them and I'll add them.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 1, 2013

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Alasyre posted:

This looks interesting. Dynamic Loot, let's you customize drops according to enemy type. Looks like you can disallow high tier items from dropping, so it might be a suitable Morrowloot-lite.

No apostrophe. Lets you customize. And it is absolutely amazing, especially now with MCM support. It DOES NOT alter leveled lists; it works with those that are already in place and then merely adds enchantments onto stuff that would drop normally! Really awesome, it's basically Lootification only without needing to dick around with stuff from outside the game thanks to MCM. Totally awesome.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!

Gyshall posted:

Yes. Awesome. Great. I need this, thank you.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just a heads up guys, the USKP will enter its 2.0 beta phase this weekend.

Normally I wouldn't have said anything about it, but Arthmoor and the USKP team are going to be changing up how the USKP works for version 2.0.

Arthmoor posted:

Due to an increasing number of odd engine related bugs it's been decided among the team that we will need to convert the USKP (and therefore all the DLC patches too) into what's called a "False ESM". That is, and ESP file which is flagged as an ESM by way of changing the flag in TES5Edit.

So why would we want this? There are a few classes of bugs this has already been shown to help with in internal testing:

-Seemingly random crashes in and around major cities, and other areas where a lot of data is edited.
-The "landscape foliage bug" in which a child worldspace begins displaying landscape foliage from its parent worldspace because an object in the parent worldspace was edited. This is readily apparent in Darkwater Pass.
-The "LOD trees show up at close range" bug. This is where you will sometimes see trees that are clearly intended to be displayed as LOD sitting within the currently loaded cells, sometimes even merged into the real trees. As described here.

There may be others, but these 3 classes of bugs are confirmed to be correctable by converting to a false ESM.

So you might be asking then. Why not a proper ESM file? Two reasons mainly:

1. Steam cannot support ESM files, we'd have to cease distribution there all together and not just for the USKP.
2. Other mods are relying on the filenames being ESP files and not all of those mods are currently being maintained anymore.

It's already been verified that Wrye Bash is OK with changing the flag. It will not complain when the files get bumped up into the ESM section.

With proper CRC checks, BOSS won't complain either. Though I'm hoping some other method can be used to detect it ongoing because having a growing mountain of CRC checks won't be helpful. Perhaps version number parsing from the description field.

I cannot vouch for how NMM will react since I don't use it, and I'm not sure anyone else on the team has tried it either.

Who knows what Mod Organizer will think.

We will bump all the version numbers on all the patches up to 2.0 when this happens. We don't have a time frame yet, because there's also a giant mountain of vanilla bugs piled up in the tracker to address too. But when it happens, all of the patches will be updated at the same time.

Our proposed changes in the load order for the game will look like this:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
[The rest of your stuff]

The main reason for this should be obvious. It will generate much less interference with things following on in the ESM group, and at the same time allow us to undo some of the changes in each DLC patch that are only there because the USKP canceled them out due to its own edits.

Best of all, thus far in testing, it poses no risk for converting them in the middle of an active playthrough, even with a lot of other mods loaded.

So anyway, that's where we're headed now. We've already kind of leaked hints at it, so now it can be considered confirmed rather than rumor

The ESM Conversion Checklist
Wrye Bash Support - Working as of svn version 3059.
NMM Support - Works as expected, NMM flags the files with a warning but allows them to move into the ESM group.
Mod Organizer Support - v1.0.0rc1 and up has been confirmed to work.
TES5Edit Support - Support for this is pending in version 3.0.31.
BOSS Support - Should work but needs to be verified first.

Checklist items need to be completed before we move forward on this.

BETA Scheduling
We're planning to go into beta on all 4 patches Saturday (October 5). I expect we'll have a minimum of 2 weeks testing, perhaps longer, to see how all this affects things and to validate that none of the new fixes coming in with this are broken.

With that in mind, I figured this is as good a time as any to say so. Once this round of beta testing is complete, the USKP will no longer be distributed on Steam. Leaving the 1.3.2c version up there is already causing us problems and we can't in good conscience leave it up there after 2.0 has gone live. So anyone still using Steam to get the USKP needs to transition to one of the other available download sites.

We're also going to have to check to see if Steam will accept a falsely flagged ESP file and deliver it back to the user intact as such. I mention this now because if it doesn't, then ALL of the unofficial patches will have to be taken down from Steam and everyone using those too will need to make provisions to change to another download site.

So keep that in mind for those of you using Steam.

So basically, nothing will change, other than the fact that the Unofficial Patches will now load immediately after their respective ESM files. They are still going to be ESP files, they will simply be flagged as an ESM. This also serves as a heads up to anyone using the Unofficial Patches through the Steam Workshop, that you'll need to switch over to the Nexus versions in the event that they cannot publish the 2.0 series of patches through the workshop.

Personally, I will probably jump into the beta period a week after it starts, but if anyone wants to join in on the first wave and report back any problems they might have, feel free to do so. If not, I'll keep you guys updated and let you know when 2.0 officially goes live.

Burns
May 10, 2008

quote:

-Seemingly random crashes in and around major cities, and other areas where a lot of data is edited.

This one drives me crazy. Hope they fix it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

No apostrophe. Lets you customize. And it is absolutely amazing, especially now with MCM support. It DOES NOT alter leveled lists; it works with those that are already in place and then merely adds enchantments onto stuff that would drop normally! Really awesome, it's basically Lootification only without needing to dick around with stuff from outside the game thanks to MCM. Totally awesome.

You mean this adds enchantments to anything in your leveled lists? I'm just confused because the mod description says "weapon drops are mostly vanilla" which makes it sound more predetermined than dynamic.

Or wait are they using vanilla to refer to an item's enchantment status rather than of the base game?

Also definitely getting those new patches once they're up.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Has anyone checked out this mod? The description is a combination of :words: and :psyduck:, and overall the concept seems like it would conflict with a ton of stuff, but honestly the civil war in Skyrim is so poo poo that a mod that makes it not a chore to play through sounds pretty tempting.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Burns posted:

This one drives me crazy. Hope they fix it.

That's pretty much my chief source of crashing. It's not mods per say in that 'hey, doing x in y cell with z mod will always crash' nor is it incompatibilities. I just have so many loving mods that sometimes, randomly, the game will just choke on the amount of data being loaded and freeze on me. The cell stabilizer patch thingie kind of made things better, but it still happens.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

EgoEgress posted:

Has anyone checked out this mod? The description is a combination of :words: and :psyduck:, and overall the concept seems like it would conflict with a ton of stuff, but honestly the civil war in Skyrim is so poo poo that a mod that makes it not a chore to play through sounds pretty tempting.

Is that a remake of the old "Civil War" mod?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

EgoEgress posted:

This was quite the buggy piece of poo poo when I tried it. I managed to get most of the way through it before Legate Rikke decided she was going to stick with her dialogue from the previous mission rather than give me the final quest objective.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Gyshall posted:

I made something like this 18 months ago and nobody gave a poo poo :-(

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Link it, yo.

I like that this mod uses SKSE and has a MCM menu

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I never made it, I made Soulfire instead which is in the OP. But, the recharging script used in Soulfire can, with a few modifications, be used to do this. After I had finished the script I tried to start a discussion on the official forums (I may have mentioned it here too - not sure) about whether to do something like Soulfire or go with Morrowind style recharging. Needless to say said discussion never took place, the thread fell into the abyss, and I made Soulfire which mechanics I prefer anyway.

Then this dude goes and makes it and it becomes a featured mod wth :bang:

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Kilroy posted:

I made something like this 18 months ago and nobody gave a poo poo :-(

I mentioned Soulfire should be in the OP way early in the thread! It's in the OP, in fact. It's a must have, IMO.

Edit: Oh, you mean something else. Soulfire recharges a little fast but it's simple as hell.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

J-Spot posted:

This was quite the buggy piece of poo poo when I tried it. I managed to get most of the way through it before Legate Rikke decided she was going to stick with her dialogue from the previous mission rather than give me the final quest objective.

It got a massive overhaul within the last day or two. Still some bugs left judging from the comments, but apparently it's better now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futile
May 18, 2009
Soulfire was good, I'm not sure why the passive recharging idea didn't get attention but trying to bounce ideas off of the official forums or nexus mod community was probably bound to never go anywhere. If it's not Immersive Bathrooms - Take a poo poo and Brush Your Teeth or Extra Sweaty Tanned Shiny Skin v7 Redux CBBE UNP Remastered Ultra Edition it'll probably never receive the attention it deserves as purely an idea, only until it's actually made and completed and uploaded.

CWO is a really large and ambitious project but I remember the first version was known for being buggy as hell. Would wait for others to report how v2 is.

epitasis posted:

You mean this adds enchantments to anything in your leveled lists? I'm just confused because the mod description says "weapon drops are mostly vanilla" which makes it sound more predetermined than dynamic.

Or wait are they using vanilla to refer to an item's enchantment status rather than of the base game?

Also definitely getting those new patches once they're up.
The mod doesn't touch the game's leveled lists. It uses its own custom items and runs scripts that detect enemies in the area or in combat or whatever then adds the custom items to those enemies. The armors are all vanilla based, the enchantment are mostly vanilla with a couple of custom ones.

• Locked thread