Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Vasudus posted:

They always, always use the stupid mandarin collar too.

Those have three purposes:
1) It's cold as balls and you are either too stupid or denied the use of snivel and are wearing an IOTV or plate carrier.
2) To prevent riser burn when jumping.
3) Jacking up your collar so you look like a dumbass.

I cannot think of any other good reasons behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

BaconAndBullets posted:

Those have three purposes:
1) It's cold as balls and you are either too stupid or denied the use of snivel and are wearing an IOTV or plate carrier.
2) To prevent riser burn when jumping.
3) Jacking up your collar so you look like a dumbass.

I cannot think of any other good reasons behind it.

Keeps dirt from going down your shirt when low crawling, same with hot brass. Also keeps your tender neck from getting chafed from slings or the leathery calloused grip of your battle buddy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Thump! posted:

Airsoft.png:

Haha. It's the Charge of the Fat Brigade.

I don't get why the airsofters don't just do the rebel thing. All you need is a tracksuit or whatever and then, boom, you're ready to go with your toy AK.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
$40 for a sling but no belt for my fat rear end.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

11b1p posted:

$40 for a sling but no belt for my fat rear end.
$300 to for a pretend MBITR. If you give a sperg a cookie he's going to want a pouch to put it in, and some Peltors, and....

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always

for once a woman is lifted up by the patriarchy

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ghost bones posted:

Her manner, the critic Kenneth Tynan wrote, was that of "a serpentine lasso whereby her voice casually winds itself around our most vulnerable fantasies."

"She has sex but no positive gender," Tynan wrote. "Her masculinity appeals to women and her sexuality to men."

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

ghost bones posted:

They're going through an awful lot of trouble to give that unconscious lady mouth to mouth. I guess this is before work smarter not harder was a thing people said about getting things done.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

$300 to for a pretend MBITR. If you give a sperg a cookie he's going to want a pouch to put it in, and some Peltors, and....

Hahahaha god

Someone get to work on a real fake crypto loader device.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Casimir Radon posted:

gently caress Airsoft.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Guy on the right is wearing a flight suit. Is this a common "operator" thing for foot patrols? They're hot enough without extra gear on top. I can only imagine the concentrated odor of a never-bathes Afghan + flight suit + gear + desert summer = A whole new level of stank.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

flight suits were a thing in 2007, we had them and we were def not operators. end of tour the frog suits got rolled out. it's for the fire resistance.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

Hahahaha god

Someone get to work on a real fake crypto loader device.
Jerry! Stop calling it a Kike-13, people are going to think we're idiots! No, it doesn't actually do anything.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Dudes, check out my new SEE-WHY-ZEE TEN!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Casimir Radon posted:

Jerry! Stop calling it a Kike-13, people are going to think we're idiots! No, it doesn't actually do anything.

Hopefully it comes with a fake comsec incident report to fill out when you lose it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Hopefully it comes with a fake comsec incident report to fill out when you lose it.

Nah man airsoft security manager.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Seriously you guys! I spent like 2 months allowance on that, you're going to be sorry when we don't have any pretend crypto!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Their whole airsoft AO will be on lockdown while they do hands across the grass field otherwise mom is gonna be real mad.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Where do you keep finding this? Your compilation posts in this thread always have the most interesting stuff.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

When the army took away the kyk 13s from everyone I cried. No longer can someone shoot their comsec load inside of my radio in a matter of seconds, now there has to be minutes of fumbling around with menus. Also when the GFC loses his fill 5 minutes from the objective there is a blinding white light when the SKL is pulled out to fill the motherfucker.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Casimir Radon posted:

Am I seeing this right, this is a fake MBITR that they put a real radio inside? Can you not get MBITRs surplus or something?

edit: do they make fake PSC-5s?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

hannibal posted:

Am I seeing this right, this is a fake MBITR that they put a real radio inside? Can you not get MBITRs surplus or something?

edit: do they make fake PSC-5s?
Real MBITRs are a bit expensive, even for these idiots. They're a bit older but perfectly good for the purposes of most users so it's not like they're outmoded.

Now this is just pathetic.

I haven't seen a fake PSC-5, but here's a guy building a fake PRC-117.

doogle posted:

When the army took away the kyk 13s from everyone I cried. No longer can someone shoot their comsec load inside of my radio in a matter of seconds, now there has to be minutes of fumbling around with menus. Also when the GFC loses his fill 5 minutes from the objective there is a blinding white light when the SKL is pulled out to fill the motherfucker.
I didn't even know about that. They make a really big deal about loading crypto in tech school, and then you find out it's generally the responsibility of the user. In the last 5 years I helped someone load from an SKL once because they couldn't figure it out.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 2, 2013

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Real MBITRs are a bit expensive, even for these idiots. They're a bit older but perfectly good for the purposes of most users so it's not like they're outmoded.

Now this is just pathetic.

I haven't seen a fake PSC-5, but here's a guy building a fake PRC-117.

gently caress, if you want a radio whats wrong with just using a loving off the shelf motorola or whatever?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

gently caress, if you want a radio whats wrong with just using a loving off the shelf motorola or whatever?
You can buy a pretty nice VHF handheld that does FRS and GRMS for about $100, and it looks a hell of a lot less dorky.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Doesn't look as cool in the $75 radio pouch you have attached to your $300 plate carrier loaded with fake SAPI plates.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Doesn't look as cool in the $75 radio pouch you have attached to your $300 plate carrier loaded with fake SAPI plates.
Do you suppose any of them have one of these?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dead Reckoning posted:

Where do you keep finding this? Your compilation posts in this thread always have the most interesting stuff.

I know where to look :haw:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Casimir Radon posted:

Do you suppose any of them have one of these?

Where the gently caress was this when I was in Afghanistan?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
At home getting hosed by someone else.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Third World Reggin posted:

At home getting hosed by someone else.

Jody got your fleshlight.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jody got your fleshlight.

That's just loving sad.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Polish have riced up a CV-90 with some not-terribly-practical-looking "stealth," but also a 120mm gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4U3MwV9jeA

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hell yah NOD tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-LupA0YkeU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That thing looks cool as gently caress. How prevalent is detection by radar, though? If they're trying to defeat aerial systems, I'm questioning the value of even bothering...the cost of RAM-coated armor, even in mass-produced/modular/easily replaceable panels is probably prohibitive if the radar-defeating characteristics are well-designed. Going the easier route of spraying RAM over the armor panels would make it much more affordable but less likely to be useful, at least against powerful look-down radar sets.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
That thing looks tall as gently caress. Watch the T-55 drive by, it looks like a Dinky Toy

brozozo
Apr 27, 2007

Conclusion: Dinosaurs.
My cousin is a KC-10 pilot, and he passed along this refueling montage his buddy made recently while on deployment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKkKDl5_7b8

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Godholio posted:

That thing looks cool as gently caress. How prevalent is detection by radar, though? If they're trying to defeat aerial systems, I'm questioning the value of even bothering...the cost of RAM-coated armor, even in mass-produced/modular/easily replaceable panels is probably prohibitive if the radar-defeating characteristics are well-designed. Going the easier route of spraying RAM over the armor panels would make it much more affordable but less likely to be useful, at least against powerful look-down radar sets.

Wouldn't a day driving through the mud make most stealth measures ineffective anyway?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

brozozo posted:

My cousin is a KC-10 pilot, and he passed along this refueling montage his buddy made recently while on deployment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKkKDl5_7b8

Jesus Christ on a stick, that is the cleanest DC-10 I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ArchangeI posted:

Wouldn't a day driving through the mud make most stealth measures ineffective anyway?

I'd expect mud to be pretty radar-transparent. If that's the most radar reflective surface on the tank, it's going to blend into the ground pretty effectively.

• Locked thread