Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

If I remember right, this is actually a GW figure, right?

Yeah, sorry for not mentioning it. I'm going to be oathing more GW later in the month, just haven't decided what yet. Kanban says I have too many options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

:siren:I, Dagon, oath for October one Terminator (GW), one Krootox and rider (GW), one Genestealer (GW, amnesty), one VASA Archangel (Urban Mammoth, counts-as Infinity Aleph Deva), one Bubblegum Crisis robot (GZG, counts-as Infinity Aleph Devabot, amnesty), one robot tank thing (GW kitbash, counts-as Infinity Ariadna Traktor Mul), one Hassassin Lasiq (Corvus Belli/Infinity), and one Elf guy (Reaper Bones).

Dagon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 2, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's going to be a lot of pink bones at the end of the month.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Heck yah.

Still not sure which I'm going for. I'm looking at a couple of the familiars at the moment.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dagon posted:

:siren:I, Dagon, oath for October one Terminator (GW), one Krootox and rider (GW), one Genestealer (GW, amnesty), one VASA Archangel (Urban Mammoth, counts-as Infinity Aleph Deva), one Bubblegum Crisis robot (GZG, counts-as Infinity Aleph Devabot, amnesty), one robot tank thing (GW kitbash, counts-as Infinity Ariadna Traktor Mul), one Hassassin Lasiq (Corvus Belli/Infinity), and one Elf guy (Reaper Bones).

I assume all the counts-as-infinity implies they're all 28mm scale, right? And GZG = Ground Zero Games?

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I assume all the counts-as-infinity implies they're all 28mm scale, right? And GZG = Ground Zero Games?

Yes to both. I think the GZG Anime is 15mm, and the basis of the tanky thing is epic/6mm, but I am using them in a 28mm game.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
I Oath 1 Skorne Incindiarii and 1 Cyriss Diffuser for October
from Privateer Press

Painted dude only has a few colors (amnesty), other is not painted

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15 oath the following:

6 GW Orcs
5 GW Night Goblins
1 Ral Partha Orc

I don't know exactly what the Ral Partha orc is from, I think that Crucible game they tried to put out a long time ago? Anyway, I'm going to try to speed paint it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I moths oath for October:
Dwarf pirate (Reaper, 28mm)
Void Wretches (x3), Tara, Karina, The Nothing Beast (Wyrd Miniatures, 28mm, Malifaux)
French Soldiers (x5) (Warlord Games, 28mm, Bolt Action)

The Malifaux figures are for the special Malifaux thing, the French are taking advantage of this month's amnesty!

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I Korwen oath for the month of October
Hakkar the Destroyer, Makeda 2 and Molik Karn all from Privateer Press
10x High Elf Bowman from Games Workshop

edit: one of the bowmen is almost done, but I'm gonna make some changes to him. If that's not allowed I'll just oath 9x bowmen instead.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I, Iris of Ether, oath the following:

Astrid, female bard
Goblin

Both are Reaper's Bones line, 28mm scale.

Pre-conversion picture of the goblin:

He was already missing his arm when I got him. :shobon:

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
Nvm.

Oxford Comma fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 2, 2013

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Tyrant Xerxis, a Mortitheurge Willbreaker, Tiberion, and Molik Karn from Privateer Press, 5 Grey Knights and a Dark Angels Company Master from Games Workshop, and "Saruman and Gandalf at the tower of Orthanc" from Mithril Miniatures (32mm) for the month of October.

OH GOD THAT IS SO MUCH STUFF

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

krushgroove posted:

Buffalo Squeeze, what say you: do you want your diorama (all of it) to be your oath for October, or do you want to just shoot for finishing it by the end of the oath season?

I'm gonna try and do it all for my October oath.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
So my friend made a good point to me about how I should get working on my vast pile of stuff-to-paint while I'm still unemployed, so here goes nothing.

I, Direwolf, oath 10 Possessed Chaos Marines, 1 Chaos Marines Standardbearer, 1 Forgefiend/Maulerfiend, 1 Hellbrute, 1 Space Marine Drop Pod, 1 Space Marine Storm Talon, 1 Aegis Line with Quad Cannon, and Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters (GW, 40k), as well as 4 PanOceania Magister Knights (Corvus Belli, Infinity)

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Did you finish your Savin' da Whales attempt?

Was it due by the end of the month? I'll post it anyway now.

I've saved da whales!?

Those ships took a lot longer than I expected. I like the way the colors turned out on the ships and elephants.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for October this Wyrd Shang miniature and this Reaper Bones Spider Swarm

Spending the day at uni painting, so I'm going to go for the speed painting bonus.

Also, Shang is from Malifaux.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dagon posted:

Mt. ORourke posted:

I Oath 1 Skorne Incindiarii and 1 Cyriss Diffuser for October
from Privateer Press

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15 oath the following:

6 GW Orcs
5 GW Night Goblins
1 Ral Partha Orc

I don't know exactly what the Ral Partha orc is from, I think that Crucible game they tried to put out a long time ago? Anyway, I'm going to try to speed paint it.

moths posted:

I moths oath for October:
Dwarf pirate (Reaper, 28mm)
Void Wretches (x3), Tara, Karina, The Nothing Beast (Wyrd Miniatures, 28mm, Malifaux)
French Soldiers (x5) (Warlord Games, 28mm, Bolt Action)

Korwen posted:

I Korwen oath for the month of October
Hakkar the Destroyer, Makeda 2 and Molik Karn all from Privateer Press
10x High Elf Bowman from Games Workshop

edit: one of the bowmen is almost done, but I'm gonna make some changes to him. If that's not allowed I'll just oath 9x bowmen instead.
No, you're fine!

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath the following:

Astrid, female bard
Goblin

Both are Reaper's Bones line, 28mm scale.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Tyrant Xerxis, a Mortitheurge Willbreaker, Tiberion, and Molik Karn from Privateer Press, 5 Grey Knights and a Dark Angels Company Master from Games Workshop, and "Saruman and Gandalf at the tower of Orthanc" from Mithril Miniatures (32mm) for the month of October.

Direwolf posted:

So my friend made a good point to me about how I should get working on my vast pile of stuff-to-paint while I'm still unemployed, so here goes nothing.

I, Direwolf, oath 10 Possessed Chaos Marines, 1 Chaos Marines Standardbearer, 1 Forgefiend/Maulerfiend, 1 Hellbrute, 1 Space Marine Drop Pod, 1 Space Marine Storm Talon, 1 Aegis Line with Quad Cannon, and Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters (GW, 40k), as well as 4 PanOceania Magister Knights (Corvus Belli, Infinity)

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for October this Wyrd Shang miniature and this Reaper Bones Spider Swarm

All good! Accepted!

Buffalo squeeze posted:

I'm gonna try and do it all for my October oath.

OK, noted!

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
I, Derlix, oath for the month of October One Tokusetsu Butai (28mm) from Corvus Belli, and three Void Wretches (28mm) from Wyrd Minitures

Gettin' ambitious this month!

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
This amnesty is just what I've been waiting for!

I, TheBlobThing, oath the following minis:
1 Company Commander.
1 Company Master.
3 Kriegsmen. These are an attempt at saving da whales from my oath from June.
2 Tactical Marines.
1 Escher Necromunda gang leader.
10 Grave Guard.
10 Skeleton Warriors.

All from GW or Forgeworld.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Schmetterling posted:

Spending the day at uni painting, so I'm going to go for the speed painting bonus.

Also, Shang is from Malifaux.

Oath Complete!

Speed painting, done! I also painted half of an angler-fish man, but didn't get a photo (or remove any mold lines) before I began so he can remain as an unseen experiment in painting swamp monsters bright blue and purple.

Is it ok to post this now, and do some nicer photos of these two minis with my later oath complete post? I'm waiting on some water effects gel before I commit to doing something fancy. (After seeing what it could do earlier in the thread, I just had to try it. And conveniently, I have this Bones Cthulu lying around...)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yep, you're fine, the base doesn't need to be done to get the Speed Painting point :)

And I suddenly feel all unspecial with my Bones stuff, everyone else has a Cthulu too!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:protarget: I, Kommando, Oath one Atlas Battlemech, two Drillson hover tanks and thirty stands of trees. :protarget:

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!

QLD? Really? Goons near me... whaddya know.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 2, 2013

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

The water effects are for :cthulhu:. I'm making a diorama with a cliff and a cultist and runed slabs bursting from the ocean and it's going to be so cool... now I just need to be a better painter. :eng99:

Shang and the spiders are as done as they'll get, bases and all.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Speed Painting Completed!

This guy is goofy as hell. Good think BSB's are S4, he needs all the help he can get lugging that thing around.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Kommando posted:

:protarget: I, Kommando, Oath one Atlas Battlemech, two Drillson hover tanks and thirty stands of trees. :protarget:

This will probably be my "Get Based Out" entry.

QLD? Really? Goons near me... whaddya know.

Accepted, but...the Get Based Out is meant to be for a single game-legal base, you're not going to cram 30 trees on one hex base, are you? I'm just making sure you don't mean a diorama or display board instead.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

krushgroove posted:

Accepted, but...the Get Based Out is meant to be for a single game-legal base, you're not going to cram 30 trees on one hex base, are you? I'm just making sure you don't mean a diorama or display board instead.

I guess not then. Theyre terrain.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
You might have missed my oath, since you accepted Kommando's, which is after mine.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Kommando posted:

I guess not then. Theyre terrain.

OK - can you please edit your original post so we make sure the recordkeeping stays correct? You're always welcome to do a GBO entry, but I was wondering how many trees you were going to fit onto a base :)

TheBlobThing posted:

This amnesty is just what I've been waiting for!

I, TheBlobThing, oath the following minis:
1 Company Commander.
1 Company Master.
3 Kriegsmen. These are an attempt at saving da whales from my oath from June.
2 Tactical Marines.
1 Escher Necromunda gang leader.
10 Grave Guard.
10 Skeleton Warriors.

All from GW or Forgeworld.

Accepted! sorry about that!

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
I'd like to make use of amnesty month to paint some models that've languished in halfpaint-land for literally years so with that in mind

:siren:I Khadhul Oath to paint one Ogryn and two Elysian Drop Troops :siren: from Games Workshop and Forgeworld

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Khadhul posted:

I'd like to make use of amnesty month to paint some models that've languished in halfpaint-land for literally years so with that in mind

:siren:I Khadhul Oath to paint one Ogryn and two Elysian Drop Troops :siren: from Games Workshop and Forgeworld

Perfect! Accepted!

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Haha that is awesome! Great face

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

ineptmule posted:

I'm gonna say no but I would really love to see them included with a group of dudes - indeed for that reason I'm gonna say that you can count minis at one scale higher for numbers if you have them integrated with immobile objects. (So you could do three 28mm guys workin' at your tiny computers and qualify.)

Alright, sounds legit to me. I'll probably throw something else in for the themed group later, although I'm not sure if I'm going to flesh out what I'm oathing, or throw up a ton of these 15mm guys I have sitting around...

For the month of October, I do oath one Malifaux Talor, one converted-from-rifle Djanbazan HMG, and two Sedition Wars Teleport doohickeys, all in 28mm scale.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

Alright, sounds legit to me. I'll probably throw something else in for the themed group later, although I'm not sure if I'm going to flesh out what I'm oathing, or throw up a ton of these 15mm guys I have sitting around...

Accepted

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, ForkBanger, oath to paint 10 High Elf Seaguard and the Viktorias Viktoria of Ashes and Viktoria of Blood.

I could not honestly tell you which Viktoria is Ashes and which is Blood, though. My Malifaux 2e book hasn't arrived yet, but I want my crew ready when it does.

First, though, I need more primer.

The Seaguard are Games Workshop, the Viks are Wyrd.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Korwen posted:

Yes, of course that's allowed.

Illudere posted:

Was it due by the end of the month? I'll post it anyway now.

I've saved da whales!?

OK, yes, it was due by the end of the month. Here's the rules:

quote:

To save a failed, oath, all you have to do is follow the same steps as above for oathing a model, with these exceptions:
You need to clearly say you’re going to ‘Save Da Whales!’.
The model(s) can be in any incomplete stage - part-painted is fine in this case.
A link to your original failed oath is required (you won’t be eligible for the season-ending prize without it) - quoting your original post is fine.
Post a picture of your complete saved oath with ‘I’ve Saved Da Whales!’.
You can’t earn any points from judges, the Log or completion - the only thing you get out of this (apart from finishing your unloved models) is the entry into the season-ending prize from Leperflesh.

So, as obliquely referenced by the part I bolded, you're supposed to oath your Savin' da Whales like a regular oath, and then finish it, during a single month. Now, I do see that you finished your new oathed model for September, and I gave you full points for it, and it's also obviously fine to attempt Savin' da Whales again in October, and you've finished the models now, so you will get it now.

But now I realize we weren't clear in the rules that savin' da whales is an oath, and if you fail it, that'd be failing an oath for that month (e.g., you shouldn't get points). That's how it worked last year, but since we weren't clear about that, I don't think it'd be fair to take away your September points.

So don't worry about it, but I'll have a chat with Krushgroove about the Savin' da Whales rules, so it doesn't happen to anyone else. Actually I'm inclined to say that if you both A) oath new models in a month, and B) oath to Save da Whales, and you succeed with A but fail with B, you ought to still get full points for that month (since Whales don't earn you points anyway). But again we ought to make that clear in the rules.

Derlix posted:

I, Derlix, oath for the month of October One Tokusetsu Butai (28mm) from Corvus Belli, and three Void Wretches (28mm) from Wyrd Minitures
Krushgroove, you missed approval for this one, I believe.

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!

Speed painting, done!

... Is it ok to post this now, and do some nicer photos of these two minis with my later oath complete post?

I am confused. This is fine as a post to show your speed-painting, and I've credited you the point for that. But, is this your Oath Complete post, per the bolded bit, or is it not? It's fine either way, but I don't know if you intend for me to give you points now for completing your oath, or if you're going to post an oath complete post later with other pics.

Kommando posted:

Are the mechs and tanks Iron Wind Metals again? And, I'm putting you down as "terrain", apropos of the later discussion with krushgroove.

Under 15 posted:

Speed Painting Completed!

You are missing the World Time Server in your speed painting photos.

quote:

Speed painting! - How fast can you paint one model? AFTER your oath is approved, take two pictures with the worldtimeserver.com website clearly in the background of your picture: one at the start of your painting session with your single-color model, and one at the end of your painting session with a completed model! The base does not need to be done to be called 'completed', but remember that if all your models are based you do get a point for basing. The time stamps on the worldtimeserver.com site must be within 24 hours of each other. No extra points for quickest painting time! That would be too hard to prove without video.
(Emphasis mine.)

Signal posted:

For the month of October, I do oath one Malifaux Talor, one converted-from-rifle Djanbazan HMG, and two Sedition Wars Teleport doohickeys, all in 28mm scale.

Malifaux is Wyrd Miniatures, but what is Djanbazan, and is Sedition Wars a game or a miniature maker? Also I just realized the link was for your conversion before photo, so I grabbed that, but in the future if you can bold Conversion for me and put your photo inline, that'd make it more likely I don't miss it.

:frogsiren:Everyone:orks:
I'll be doing the prize draws Friday. Please check the spreadsheet for errors just in case I missed your September oath, hosed up your points, or otherwise failed to give you credit. I generally make at least one or two mistakes per month... don't let it be you!

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
I, Oxford Comma, oath to paint the following three miniatures in October:

From left to right:

1) Cassandra, a Malifaux character from Wyrd
2) Officer, a Bolt Action! character from Warlord Games
3) French Maid, a character from Reaper

All are 28mm in scale, and please keep your fingers crossed that my son doesn't find and abscond with one of my minis, again. :ohdear:

Oxford Comma fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 3, 2013

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing 1 "Zhanshi" Infinity miniature by Corvus Belli

Gonna try and speedpaint it. Any Infinity dudes know who she is? Got it in my swag bag from Nova.

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 3, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That'd appear to be a Zhanshi. Basic line troop or inexpensive hidden Leiutenant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Yep, definitely a Zhanshi 3.

• Locked thread