Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

MotoMind posted:

I keep thinking how awesome it would be to make a suit out of ballistic nylon.

A friend of mine who is a custom tailor (and rides) is considering doing so. I don't know how it will look, but....

Yerok, kudos for making it a three piece suit.

If I ride in a suit and tie, I want to have the old school horse riding boots and gauntlet gloves and cabbie cap to go along with it.

VVV It took me a minute, but that made me laugh.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MoraleHazard posted:

If I ride in a suit and tie, I want to have the old school horse riding boots and gauntlet gloves and cabbie cap to go along with it.

Thats called impersonating an officer

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Some of my favorite pictures from Sunday:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:staredog:

Wait, you're in wisconsin? Where at? Have we had this conversation before?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Looks like Madison

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I am most definitely in Madison. I'm pretty sure I saw you post something about Milwaukee at some point Jim. I posted in the the goon rides thread, but I didn't really get many replies.

Jose Pointero
Feb 16, 2004

We're not just doing this for money. We're doing it for a SHITLOAD of money!

Jose Pointero fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 28, 2019

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Yerok posted:

Go post those in the GBS thread about the bikers/range rover :parrot:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

RE: Range Rover Chat

NY Post posted:

28-year-old Christopher Cruz can be seen in the video in a white t-shirt slowing down in the middle lane of the West Side Highway, right in front of the now-famous black Range Rover driven by 33-year-old Alexian Lien with his wife and two-year-old in the car. Cruz got hit by the Range Rover for this brake check and was later hospitalized and released for minor injuries, reports the New York Post.

The police have since arrested Cruz and thrown the book at him, effectively marking him responsible for the half-hour chase that ended with Alexian Lien beaten and his car smashed. Police charged Cruz with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child, and menacing.

I approve, however I wish that the charges were spread about to all of the people that beat the dude and/or his car.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

SaNChEzZ posted:

RE: Range Rover Chat

I approve, however I wish that the charges were spread about to all of the people that beat the dude and/or his car.

If Cruz knows his poo poo, he'll lawyer up and get the charges dropped or severely reduced.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

I'm glad the police actually charged the right people. Very weird.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Did a little side road off my favorite mountain run and took a panoramic. Also pictured is my old Harbor Freight case I turned into a rad hardcase with $10 worth of stuff from the hardware store.

fullsize: http://i.imgur.com/dzk6dw4.jpg

It was a fun little road, but goddamn it made me re-think riding fine dirt like that with street tires. I almost ate it several times, including once where I narrowly avoided going off the edge :sweatdrop:
I was also testing out my new Hero3, and cobbled together a rough first test video. Me almost falling off the side of the mountain is at 4:00, and me hooliganing over a footbridge is at 4:50 :v:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I thought you were kidding when you said you almost went off a mountainside.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
That observatory with the footbridge looks kind of like Mt. Wilson: Confirm/Deny?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

n8r posted:

I thought you were kidding when you said you almost went off a mountainside.

Hah, I know.

MetaJew posted:

That observatory with the footbridge looks kind of like Mt. Wilson: Confirm/Deny?

Aye. Fun little road to get up there.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.

Yerok posted:

All of those are great. It's like the Revzilla "Commute" video; but better.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Snowdens Secret posted:

So what you're saying is this guy's fully qualified to drive a Manhattan taxi
I think he was talking about the bikes, not Mr. Lien.

But if he was talking about Mr. Lien... :black101:

Yerok posted:

I wonder if I could get something like that in a 600 Denier Cordura... :allears:

MoraleHazard posted:

A friend of mine who is a custom tailor (and rides) is considering doing so. I don't know how it will look, but....
Oh, really?
Color me VERY interested.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 2, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Kenny Rogers posted:

I think he was talking about the bikes, not Mr. Lien.

But if he was talking about Mr. Lien... :black101:

Considering it sounds like Lien nearly took an unrelated guy's legs off in this road rage incident and left him crippled, only a few weeks after a Manhattan taxi driver in the middle of a road rage incident with a biker also plowed into an unrelated woman, severing one leg and leaving her crippled, this somewhat loses its humor

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Snowdens Secret posted:

Considering it sounds like Lien nearly took an unrelated guy's legs off in this road rage incident and left him crippled, only a few weeks after a Manhattan taxi driver in the middle of a road rage incident with a biker also plowed into an unrelated woman, severing one leg and leaving her crippled, this somewhat loses its humor

From what I can tell (I have watched the video in slo mo many times now) the brake check guy (Cruz) doesnt actually fall. You see him wobble a bit as GoPro guy turns around, then you see him get off his bike and punch the drivers side window a few times. A few other bikers then pull in front of the SUV. I will make the logical jump then that the crippled individual was one who stopped his bike in front of the Range Rover when the initial attack on Lien's vehicle occured by Cruz and others. You can clearly see one guy get run over by the passenger side tires of the range rover (his spine is run over and he is laying in the middle of the road behind the SUV) as well as 2 bikes as Lien beats it the hell out of there. The second bike he hits as he exits the highway doesnt have anyone on it. Lien also clearly veers left away from the stopped motorcycles on his passenger side to get away the first time, but the manuever is impossible since they were stopped right in front of his SUV.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 2, 2013

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Snowdens Secret posted:

The second bit is probably something only residents of the 5 Boroughs would know. Sorry.
On the first bit, I have to admit a certain curiosity how one could simultaneously be:
A) In any sort of position to be struck by Mr. Lien's Range Rover, even incidentally...
B) An "unrelated guy"...

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

What happened before this picture? Looks like something I want to watch.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
I still feel like nothing anyone in the video did was correct, but after watching the videos of the Hollywood Stuntz antics from the rest of the day I feel a little more compassion with Mr. Lien. If you watch those videos you notice behavior that goes beyond just inducing road rage and crosses over into intimidation. Riding down the street the wrong way (while traffic filtering), riding on sidewalks, cutting off other vehicles, riding on the shoulder, causing traffic jams, filtering through multiple lanes of traffic, it goes on and on. Their attitude is obviously that no one else matters. It is in that mindset that changes this entire situation from tragedy to an inevitable clash with destiny. I would never wish bodily harm on anyone, nobody deserves to get paralyzed over some stupid poo poo like this. However, one of my favorite sayings is "Tell me who you are with and I will tell you who you are". If you associate with people that obviously have no respect for anyone else, you are destined to be lumped in with them and suffer the same fate.

Unfortunately, we are missing information from just before the original video. It is my opinion that Mr. Lien was intimidated by having so many motorcycles near his vehicle driving erratically and somehow lashed at them, perhaps by swerving or brake checking one of the riders. To assume they picked on Mr. Lien because he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time goes against my instincts. They intimidated or frightened him, he reacted aggressively, and that's when the first video starts with Cruz "brake-checking" Lien, which in reality appears to be Mr Cruz attempting to stop the Range Rover. A "brake check" is when you hit the brakes quickly and let go to get someone off your six. It is very clear to me that at the beginning of the video the riders are focused on the Range Rover over some (perceived or otherwise) aggression. People in large groups like this are like bees, very docile and for the most part harmless until you introduce aggression into the mix.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Kenny Rogers posted:

The second bit is probably something only residents of the 5 Boroughs would know. Sorry.

It was international news.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

What the hell are all these words? The discussion threads are thataway. Or, if you really wanna get nasty, you could... post in the GBS thread :unsmigghh:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That thing is so boss it even has a trailer hitch

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 3, 2013

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Holy hell, what are those type of tires called because I'm totally tempted to slap some on the bike for winter here.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Dr. Light posted:

What happened before this picture? Looks like something I want to watch.

An Australian guy who posts on the Triumph RaT forums.

http://www.triumphrat.net/ride-trip-reports/197185-my-adventure-in-north-america.html

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

nullscan posted:

Holy hell, what are those type of tires called because I'm totally tempted to slap some on the bike for winter here.

They look like some sort of winter car tire to me:

I guess the guy is a pretty serious adventure rider:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYpgEOA9LWU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
There's a guy on ADV who puts a car snow tire on the back and knobby on front on his Vstrom and rides through the winter.

vstrom_rider.jpg

Not gonna do it. Used to ride my bicycle in the snow and ice—but that didn't break or hurt me when I inevitably fell down.

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 3, 2013

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
New Superduke 1290 video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8heeP16TIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8heeP16TIc

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Ungh, dat bike.

KTM make the best ads. That sound in the tunnel. Sigh.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Seriously. ATTN: EVERY OTHER SINGLE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER ON THE PLANET. THIS IS HOW YOU DO ADVERTISING.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Seriously. ATTN: EVERY OTHER SINGLE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER ON THE PLANET. THIS IS HOW YOU DO ADVERTISING.

I dunno, I think it needs more obscure shots of minor details of the bike, and the landscape. and what about the rider? What kind of lifestyle does he have? How am I supposed to know whether this bike fits into my lifestyle if I can't find out if I identify with it?

Could do with music that has more broad appeal too, what kind of music should I like if I want this bike? I cant hear it over all that engine noise!

EDIT: just realised we don't even get to meet his attractive girlfriend. Does the rider even have an attractive girlfriend?

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 3, 2013

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
This was posted on Facebook, you should all be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=287336168040109

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

http://silodrome.com/horex-vr6/

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 3, 2013

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Took me a minute to figure that one out. 3-Valve narrow angle V6... I can only assume that this is the new VW/Audi influenced Ducati engine.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

xaarman posted:

This was posted on Facebook, you should all be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=287336168040109

:aaaaa:

I'd help ~*stuntaz*~ shut down highways if they did stuff like this instead of lovely wheelies.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Zool posted:

Took me a minute to figure that one out. 3-Valve narrow angle V6... I can only assume that this is the new VW/Audi influenced Ducati engine.

It's the VR-6 motor by German company Horex. It's supercharged.

Because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Heh, it has a pillion seat.

That engine sounds like dubstep.

For content, the Freeride E: http://youtu.be/t5SqoyR8Ht0