Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

I'll just turn on passive mode and round up cars for Simeon.

*gets rear ended by some kid in a Koeingessseggegeggegg, sprayed with SMG*

Oh.

Passive mode is a state of mind man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Why is playing Missions making me LOSE money?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Herr Direktor posted:

Passive mode is a state of mind man.

I think all it does is give 'Bad Sport' rep to people who kill you while it's on. It sure doesn't do anything the tooltip says.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Passive mode specifically states it's only active on foot.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Passive mode specifically states it's only active on foot.

And it specifically doesn't work on foot. Been shot on foot, been run over on foot. It doesn't do poo poo.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Obsurveyor posted:

And it specifically doesn't work on foot. Been shot on foot, been run over on foot. It doesn't do poo poo.

Maybe it's broken :haw:

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Funnily enough solo session loads fine, then dumps me into a loading screen with a bunch of other people, then loads the first race tutorial again and finally sits on loading forever. I find it amusing it goes through the same thing twice.

Thats all I've been seeing, had enough time staring at it to wonder if my patched install is corrupted or something.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

VarXX posted:

Whoa, I actually got to the "waiting for players" forever thing on PS3.

Progress :dance:

Hopefully I'll get there tomorrow :allears:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Maybe it's broken :haw:

It does show your(or other people's) icon as a "No" sign instead of the regular dot. So the game definitely recognizes it's active. People also get that blip when they're in a store, but you can still beat them up and kill them. That's why I think it's attached to Bad Sport cred.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

jerkstoresup posted:

You have other assets to acquire for that heist that do not have mission markers. Check your email.

I don't see anything. I'm afraid it might be bugged.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Obsurveyor posted:

It does show your(or other people's) icon as a "No" sign instead of the regular dot. So the game definitely recognizes it's active. People also get that blip when they're in a store, but you can still beat them up and kill them. That's why I think it's attached to Bad Sport cred.

So that means you could accidentally run someone over who has passive mode enabled, and get bad rep for it? That's kind of lame.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now

Obsurveyor posted:

It's probably in the impound lot. Look for a car symbol on your map or the Impound in the legend. You could also try calling the insurance company on your phone contact list. Whenever you quit the game, make sure you are in your car or on your bike. At least until you get a garage, then I think you can have any of your vehicles delivered to you at any time(as long as it's not nearby).

Thanks a bunch. I'll try calling the insurance company.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

jerkstoresup posted:

You have other assets to acquire for that heist that do not have mission markers. Check your email.

I'm at the same place they are and I don't have any e-mails or texts or anything. I also can't switch to Michael.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

RagnarokAngel posted:

I don't see anything. I'm afraid it might be bugged.

Have any backup saves? That does sound bad if you can't switch to Michael after rescuing him, and he's not "laying low".

e: I hope you've tried this but try turning off the system and loading the game again. Sometimes this can make things right when the game bugs out.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 2, 2013

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

miscellaneous14 posted:

So that means you could accidentally run someone over who has passive mode enabled, and get bad rep for it? That's kind of lame.

If that's how it works, sure. I'm just guessing though. Passive mode certainly doesn't work the way they describe it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

jerkstoresup posted:

Have any backup saves? That does sound bad if you can't switch to Michael after rescuing him, and he's not "laying low".

Quick browse of the internet says the online patch has messed up character switching for some people. Hoo boy.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
No online on ps3 is a bummer, but PIS is up to 15.20 at least!

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

RagnarokAngel posted:

Quick browse of the internet says the online patch has messed up character switching for some people. Hoo boy.

I had character switching issues (360), killing yourself seems to solve it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wake_N_Bake posted:

I had character switching issues (360), killing yourself seems to solve it.

Killing yourself solves everything, it's the wonder solution.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

lady blue shanghai posted:

Progress :dance:

Hopefully I'll get there tomorrow :allears:

Turns out you get there if you press O when it says it failed to start the activity and itll close that out and then continue the cutscene. At that point you gotta reset the console.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Is it normal for auto-save to turn itself back on every time I reload the game?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

mynameisjohn posted:

you can really just grief the poo poo out of people if you feel like being a dick in online

I've been having a lot of fun savouring that tense moment where you roll up on a dude who clearly doesn't want to fight, both in your respective cars. Just wait, wait, wait, then when he finally works up the courage to try speeding past you, pop one of his tires and watch him screech off the road and crash.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
For those who have access to GTAO, how hard is it to get sticky bombs? All I wanna do is rig sweet cars with bombs and either suicide them in to people or leave them parked somewhere obvious and blow it if someone tries to jack it.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Online was great tonight---teaming up with other goons for wacky police chases and such.

Also pubbie hunting is great.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Dan Didio posted:

I've been having a lot of fun savouring that tense moment where you roll up on a dude who clearly doesn't want to fight, both in your respective cars. Just wait, wait, wait, then when he finally works up the courage to try speeding past you, pop one of his tires and watch him screech off the road and crash.

Or go into passive mode and keep bumping into someone running around with your car. As soon as they get up, just bump them again. And again. Enjoy their tears.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Solo mode sure does like to lock up often. Think I'll just plow through the single player, chip away at 100% for a while.

I lost my money in the last crash. Rebooted. Lost my Sabre. Found a Sabre, insured it etc, crashed again. So maybe when I reboot I'll still have my favorite car in the game that, for some strange reason, I cannot just buy online.

Hmm.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

causticBeet posted:

For those who have access to GTAO, how hard is it to get sticky bombs? All I wanna do is rig sweet cars with bombs and either suicide them in to people or leave them parked somewhere obvious and blow it if someone tries to jack it.

Just started up a quick solo session. They unlock at Rank 19. Pretty low for a pretty assholish weapon.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Well I'm glad I'm waiting for the PC version. By then they should have all these GTAVO issues ironed out because it's looking to be an outright mess at the moment.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
I noticed something different in singleplayer after the patch...when you get high, everything sounds all echoey. First noticed when I transitioned to Trevor and saw him smoking meth for the first time. Later discovered it happens with Franklin when you hit the bong too.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

I was minding my own business when some manic crashed into me, doubled back, and then started shooting at me.

I tailed him from a good distance until he went to do the convenience store robbery, at which point I hopped in his car and waited for him to come out, when I honked the horn and sped off.

I shot the tires out on the other cars.

That guy was pretty mad at me.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans
This thread moves way too fast for me to know if this has been brought up or not, but Ned Luke (voice of Michael) was in the latest episode of Boardwalk Empire. He even says some Michael-like things in the episode. He is credited as "Boorish Man".

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Where can you access Solo mode? I am unsure where to find it in the menu.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
SOULWAX FM SOULWAX FM SOULWAX FM SOULWAX FM lol

Well it seems I'm one of the Xbox360 users who are stuck. If it's of use to anyone I'm pretty sure my ports are closed. I've had every hang up described so far. Might try for a few more might play SP for a bit.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Where can you access Solo mode? I am unsure where to find it in the menu.

In the Online Menu there's a solo mode. Unfortunately it still seems tied to the online because it often drops connection anyway.

Loscar
Dec 13, 2002

Oh my god, bear is driving!
I love a clean five hours of basically loving myself because...well why not those assholes will play eventually right? Well maybe they won't.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

RagnarokAngel posted:

In the Online Menu there's a solo mode. Unfortunately it still seems tied to the online because it often drops connection anyway.

Er.. Where is that?

I see only Jobs, Join friends, Join crew, crews, choose character, and Play GTA online in that menu, nothing about "solo" mode.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Solo has the same result for me, except it says loading instead of waiting for other players. 360.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Evil Canadian posted:

I see only Jobs, Join friends, Join crew, crews, choose character, and Play GTA online in that menu, nothing about "solo" mode.

Have you ever thought of clicking the "Play GTA Online" option and seeing if it then prompts you with... more options?

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

How are you Aussie/NZ PS3 goons going with it? I still can't access. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

ExplodingSquid posted:

How are you Aussie/NZ PS3 goons going with it? I still can't access. :/

Ditto. I try every now and then, but I know it's going to be down.

• Locked thread