Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I didn't realize you could actually get the characters together for a rampage or just dicking around. Every time I call them I get blown off. Lamar is the only one I've been able to hang with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Did the GTAO update fix the SP car issue?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

lady blue shanghai posted:

And if they can patch in/DLC heritage characters can't they also make the granny pics bigger and easier to see? It's a dumb system but being able to clearly see the faces would make it somewhat less dumb.

Who cares what the grannies look like, focus on how your character looks and how the various options changes their appearance.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Whoever is responsible for the cop chase Trevor transition needs to be loving sawed in half by a train in front of his children. Now I have to redo that loving assassination, because BAWSAQ ate all my money when I reloaded the autosave after it turned into four stars, I died and the stock crashed again. Goddamnit.

And Rockstar's servers will probably go down in the meantime. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Anti-Hero posted:

Did the GTAO update fix the SP car issue?

Apparently!

quote:

In addition to opening up access to Grand Theft Auto Online, today's automatic update for GTAV on both platforms features a host of fixes for issues you may have encountered in Story Mode. See below for a list of prominent fixes, and if you have any problems downloading this update or are experiencing technical issues not addressed here, please hit up our tech support team at the Rockstar Support Site or on Twitter.

Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay
Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked
Fix for issues where the character’s money could drop below zero and become stuck there
Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars
Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector’s Edition owners
Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51500/gtav-title-update-details.html

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Lotish posted:

Every time I call them I get blown off.

There's something ironic about this after GTA IV.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Maybe I'm late to the party here, but are the PS3 servers down? I keep getting "Failed to host game." or "Failed to join game.", etc.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

miscellaneous14 posted:

DLC grandmas would be radical.

I have a game that I think would interest you. It's called Cookie Clicker.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Who Dat posted:

Maybe I'm late to the party here, but are the PS3 servers down? I keep getting "Failed to host game." or "Failed to join game.", etc.

They were never up...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

miscellaneous14 posted:

Hey Michael, it's your partner in crime, Franklin. Let's go Whoring!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Getting the garage and the free sports car should be your first order of business. Makes it a lot easier to get away from the psychopaths and chase people down if you're feeling psychopathic yourself

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hey for what it's worth I was having major hang up probs all night on 360, just tried solo mode and actually got to do the race, then got "kicked by other players".

Now my guy is showing up on my character wheel...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Rockstar make the granny pics bigger.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

SplitSoul posted:

Whoever is responsible for the cop chase Trevor transition needs to be loving sawed in half by a train in front of his children. Now I have to redo that loving assassination, because BAWSAQ ate all my money when I reloaded the autosave after it turned into four stars, I died and the stock crashed again. Goddamnit.

Yea that boned me on the stocks once as well. It's cool to see that transition maybe once or twice, but now about 1/5 times switching to Trevor, I have to ditch 2-star cops first. Gets irritating when you just want to do something specific.

Also apparently Michael is a perfect dad post-ending. Always watching TV with the kids, having sex with his wife or dropping her off somewhere.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

DrNutt posted:

This is the dumbest thing about GTA: Online I've heard. Why don't they just force people to use auto-aimfree aim in online gameplay? Lock-on targeting has absolutely zero place in PvP gameplay.

Exactly. I just assumed you'd be able to play in a lobby without auto aim. Why the gently caress would you even bother with deathmatch? I'm just going to stick with driving around I guess.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

leidend posted:

Awesome, xbox live has decided now is the time to make me enter a third (!!!) contact e-mail/phone and then not send me the verification number. I've tried several different ones and now I have to go to bed.

Thanks for making it easy to cancel live and go back to PS, MS.

Yeah, this has happened to me twice now. Luckily the verification stuff didn't seem to be necessary as it let me login without it fine.

I really hate dealing with Xbox lives account/billing system, it is seriously the most hosed up poorly designed buggy unreliable confusing shitfucked piece of software and systems ever. I'm talking all of it, the website, the stuff on the console. Everything. Ever try dealing with payment or credit card issues with live? I hope not because it is the biggest pain in the rear end.

Gawdfather
Jul 29, 2011

miscellaneous14 posted:

I could've sworn I heard Roman cackling madly, but maybe it's just delusions from my efforts to get to the promised land of gtao

Gawdfather fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 2, 2013

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So after waiting for an hour at the "Launching session" screen I can confirm that it doesn't work no matter how long you wait. And after completing the torture mission for the third time now I have lost any desire to see the end of this garbage single player.

I really really hope that multiplayer is worth this long loving wait because seriously gently caress R* for releasing this broken garbage.

EDIT:

Damo posted:

Yeah, this has happened to me twice now. Luckily the verification stuff didn't seem to be necessary as it let me login without it fine.

I really hate dealing with Xbox lives account/billing system, it is seriously the most hosed up poorly designed buggy unreliable confusing shitfucked piece of software and systems ever. I'm talking all of it, the website, the stuff on the console. Everything. Ever try dealing with payment or credit card issues with live? I hope not because it is the biggest pain in the rear end.

Xbox.com is stuck in French for me for some reason and I can't figure out how to fix it. I live in Oregon. :negative:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why the gently caress aren't you people saving after the torture mission if you hate it so much?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

mynameisjohn posted:

Getting the garage and the free sports car should be your first order of business. Makes it a lot easier to get away from the psychopaths and chase people down if you're feeling psychopathic yourself

There's a free garage?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

JGBeagle posted:

So after waiting for an hour at the "Launching session" screen I can confirm that it doesn't work no matter how long you wait. And after completing the torture mission for the third time now I have lost any desire to see the end of this garbage single player.

I really really hope that multiplayer is worth this long loving wait because seriously gently caress R* for releasing this broken garbage.

Are you trying to tell us you don't like this game? You aren't being very clear here....

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Rockstar couldn't avoid this unless they rolled it out slowly via a closed beta. If they did that they'd get just as much flak.

If a company like Blizzard can't handle first day influx then you can't expect Rockstar to do any better with the world's fastest selling game ever. Literally everyone and their mother is trying to play GTA Online right now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone wanna make a new social group for 360 players? The current one is full and no longer accepting requests.

Guess I can make it if nobody else wants to.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

JGBeagle posted:

EDIT:

Xbox.com is stuck in French for me for some reason and I can't figure out how to fix it. I live in Oregon. :negative:

Oh shut up you giant baby. Act like an adult.

Edit- what's your gamertag? I just want to avoid you as I'm sure most do who read this thread.

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 2, 2013

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
On the plus side, not having GTAO work let me finish getting 100% in the single player :D

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

Why the gently caress aren't you people saving after the torture mission if you hate it so much?

Oh trust me, I have. Can't do much when the game informs you the file's corrupted when you try to reload.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wrong thread

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JGBeagle posted:

Let me guess, because the single player was so awful and low effort and lacking in anything you would consider fun that you're thinking about trading this game in for Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 4?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

AndyElusive posted:

Let me guess, because the single player was so awful and low effort and lacking in anything you would consider fun that you're thinking about trading this game in for Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 4?

Nah, I already own Sleeping Dogs but thanks for reminding me of it. I haven't finished it yet so that might tide me over until GTAO is fixed (or I get Saints Row IV :v:)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
So if garages in single player are fixed, does that mean I can upgrade my car, do some missions, swap characters, and it'll beam back home?

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Smuckles posted:

This game would have sold a ton of copies without online features luring buyers. I wonder if they should have kept it a secret and enjoyed a very long beta test and load test while the rest of us happily enjoyed the single player. And then they announce it while we already have been playing the single player game a bit.

Ah well.

I know quite a few friends that got the game purely for multiplayer. I think Rockstar had a good business strategy hyping up the multiplayer aspect, considering they probably put in as much effort into it as the single player game.

The only thing I don't understand is that they spent 5 years making the game, only to release it 2 months before next gen consoles. As a result Gta v for 360/ps3 will have a drastically diminished player base in a few months.

cornface posted:

So was there a series of meetings at Rockstar where a team of important people sat down to figure out a character customization system and the consensus was limited grandma simulator? It seems like an odd choice.

Will there be DLC grandmas for more character building options?

I'm under the assumption that they simply didn't want people making wonky looking characters, as it might gently caress with immersion. So we're left with everyone looking like slight variations of each other...

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

KicksYouInHalf posted:

On the plus side, not having GTAO work let me finish getting 100% in the single player :D

This reminded me, has anyone been paying attention to the Mystery of Mount Chiliad? The whole thing is really interesting and creepy.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/430910/blog/gta-5-help-us-solve-the-games-big-hidden-conspiracy-potential-spoilers/

(The link doesn't really contain any story spoilers, but you can avoid it if you want to keep all of this fresh)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jon93 posted:

Rockstar couldn't avoid this unless they rolled it out slowly via a closed beta. If they did that they'd get just as much flak.

If a company like Blizzard can't handle first day influx then you can't expect Rockstar to do any better with the world's fastest selling game ever. Literally everyone and their mother is trying to play GTA Online right now.

Hey, you guys can keep repeating this as much as you want and it doesn't change the fact that Rockstar dropped the ball on this. It's been hours since there's been an update and they pretty much just shut down all online components of the PS3 version. So even the single player stuff like BAWSAQ stocks are hosed.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

DrNutt posted:

Rockstar make the granny pics bigger.

This needs to be the title of the GTAO thread.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Oh shut up you giant baby. Act like an adult.

Edit- what's your gamertag? I just want to avoid you as I'm sure most do who read this thread.

Should post yours as well so we can avoid poo poo heels like yourself who scream at the slightest criticism of your perfect game.

People are allowed to hold the game to higher standards then yours. Being annoyed at the roll out large game play feature by a massive studio isn't the some sort of child like rage. It's having expectations that aren't being met.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

There's a free garage?

He said getting the free sportscar, not the free garage.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

xcore posted:

He said getting the free sportscar, not the free garage.

Oh, whoops. :downs: Speaking of, how much is the cheapest garage?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

JGBeagle posted:

Oh my God, I've been following this thread all day and you've been posting hysterical poo poo like this constantly. If the game is so terrible, go finish your juice box and have a goddamn nap and don't post here, frothing at the mouth like a child. Do what you say you are going to do: Wait for Online. Give it two or three days and calm down.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Capn Beeb posted:

There's a free garage?
you gotta make like 25k for the cheapest garage, but then there's a free sportscar you can order off the luxury automobile website. I don't really like the handling but it gets up to 200mph and once the suspension is lowered it will probably be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Does anyone wanna make a new social group for 360 players? The current one is full and no longer accepting requests.

Guess I can make it if nobody else wants to.

I'll join up when I get off work if you decide to make one.

I was able to get past that horrible introduction race with Lamar and it through me into a group with 3 other pubbies. I was riding shotgun in some rear end in a top hat's pink car and, upon realizing he was driving other players on some sort of mission, he engaged troll mode. Swerving all over the road, running into cars/walls, and ignoring the objective entirely. Tired of his bullshit, we all got out and started legging it to the mission start point. We managed to get a few feet from it when the pink bastard came flying around the corner and ran us all over.

This game is going to be fun.

• Locked thread