Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
My race has been "loading session" for the last 10 minutes. I assume it's improbably not going to be starting anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
^^^^^ On the xbox, if it didn't go immediately to the car selection after that guy shows up and gets out his car, it wasn't going to work.

Harmonica posted:

There's an option to change your minimap permanently to the larger map (it's pretty useful for keeping an eye on where people are) - are you sure you didn't select that?

Aha! That's exactly what it was. I didn't expect the option to be the multiplayer menu instead of the controls menu.

Mr Fantastisch
Jun 17, 2010

Vetitum posted:

I've been doing laps looking for something like that...

If you're facing the southern gate, heading north, there's a small ridge that runs along the fence line perpendicular to the road inside the base. Its the road on your map that leads to a little loop. Use that cliff to jump over, and be prepared to get raped by tanks. The best way to get one is to close the gap on foot before he can shoot, and either hijack it or kill the driver as he gets out to shoot you.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

GTA:O is awesome! I've only played it by myself, but doing this with friends is going to be so rad!

Hopefully Australia gets fixed up soon.

Maybe though while in single player mode you will be able to invite your friends in to join you... A way around the being unable to connect thing.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's actually working! Playing deathmatch with some frenchies.

Wanna play with some goonies though

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The loadtimes with LTS are kinda ugly, but it is fun. Good sense of vulnerability etc.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
How do you set Crew Challenges? I missed the dang tooltip when it popped.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

ExplodingSquid posted:

Maybe though while in single player mode you will be able to invite your friends in to join you... A way around the being unable to connect thing.
It wont let you invite people who haven't completed the tutorial, unfortunately, which is why that bloody race is such a bottleneck for people.

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009
Could someone post the link for all the weapons/armor location map again please (single player).

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Got as far as the "waiting for other players" screen, first race. Music is still playing and that little loading symbol spinning. But it's been sitting there for about 10 minutes now. Frozen? I'm afraid to turn it off having not gotten this far before.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

It seems since the yanks are at work and in bed that the thing is actually working.

Goodbye Wednesday.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

loving around with pubbies for now.

PSN: sequalsgoon

Hit me up.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I got the update (PSN) and played some singleplayer and the Checklist on my phone telling me open missions has been replaced with Job List (No Jobs Available) - what's that about?

The update also made the game remind me that I have the blimp available for some reason.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Mr Fantastisch posted:

If you're facing the southern gate, heading north, there's a small ridge that runs along the fence line perpendicular to the road inside the base. Its the road on your map that leads to a little loop. Use that cliff to jump over, and be prepared to get raped by tanks. The best way to get one is to close the gap on foot before he can shoot, and either hijack it or kill the driver as he gets out to shoot you.

Got it, couldn't find any jets though :(

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
The missions, once you get a lobby full of people going, are a blast. Really well made and chaotic as hell, just like RDR but much more dynamic. Just did some ridiculous drug-ambush-shootout on the side of a mountain with bikes and cars all over the place, ending in a mad pursuit through a river after everyone had totaled their rides. Guy with the suitcase was just able to make it to the other side and had the team flag down a passer-by for a neat victory ride. Brilliant.

Then a race along Route 68 in sports cars in the pissing rain with trucks heading the over way. Messy.

MrLonghair posted:

If somebody scores something better than a Bravado Gauntlet for a first (free insured etc) car, let me know where you found it. Curious to see how one could optimize secondary etc characters.

A lot of the spawn ins are the same as single player, I think it just forces your hand with what you see driving around. So like I posted earlier, if it's your kind of thing, there's a Sanchez or BF Injection off-roader in Sandy Shores.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Had some fun playing with pubbies, but now I'm just said waiting to find a mandatory LTS game with an infinite spinny loady thing and no way to back out :(

Good times while I was actually doing stuff, though!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I made a French child very angry. :v:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I got excited because I got past waiting for other players for the first race, but now I'm stuck on Launching Session.

Oh well, I guess. We'll see how long it takes for this stuff to start working most of the time instead of occasionally.

Spartehcus
Sep 18, 2007
I'm Spartehcus!
Not sure if this was explained in Online play but I found a pretty cool feature/way to get money.

If you go to los santos customs in a stolen car, you can sell it to the shop in the same screen you are asked to repair it.

Not sure on the cool down until you can bring another car to the same place.

Good way to make a quick 1k though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Spartehcus posted:

Not sure if this was explained in Online play but I found a pretty cool feature/way to get money.

If you go to los santos customs in a stolen car, you can sell it to the shop in the same screen you are asked to repair it.

Not sure on the cool down until you can bring another car to the same place.

Good way to make a quick 1k though.

If someone makes an online thread this should be in the OP

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
The secret is getting past that drat first race. I saw my friend finish the race and has no problems connecting online since then. Meanwhile, every attempt I've made I get stuck in an infinite loading loop after I get in the car.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just finished SP. I hear the credits are 40 minutes long. Is there a reason to watch to the end?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Yeah don't believe the hype ps3 people: it's still totally broken.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Still broken on Xbox here too. My hopes have been well and truly dashed.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Well, dont do what i just did and waste 10 mins getting on top of Mt Chiliad. There are no Sanchez' up there. I threw myself off the cliff in anger.

EDIT: And then get spawned where i died... it's going to be a loooong way back to a road :(

Hamburlgar fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 2, 2013

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Yeah don't believe the hype ps3 people: it's still totally broken.

It's actually working fairly well for me. Although I haven't seen any other players while roaming.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Shoehead posted:

I made a French child very angry. :v:

I've been hearing a crapload of CHILDREN while playing. Wtf.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
So this seems to only work outside peak hours, like right now when I'm at work. So I have to wait until enough people just get bored of the game to be able to play it when I need relaxation the most? Are they going to eventually work it out so the game is at least playable between 4-8pm EST? I'm perfectly happy to wait another day or two but I don't see how that will matter. Is it possible they may just never get this under control and the game will never really work correctly during peak hours?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I have my head set plugged in and at the ready for ruining small children's lives.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Working for me on PS3 except I keep getting kicked repeatedly by other players for no reason within minutes of joining. Haven't even gone near other players.

Each time I get kicked it says I'm becoming a "bad sport" and will have low reputation.

Mitt Romney fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 2, 2013

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Someone shot my beanie off in an LTS match and now I don't have it anymore. :saddowns:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Hobo Clown posted:

Just finished SP. I hear the credits are 40 minutes long. Is there a reason to watch to the end?

Nope. Unless you just want to watch the scenery.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

So this seems to only work outside peak hours, like right now when I'm at work. So I have to wait until enough people just get bored of the game to be able to play it when I need relaxation the most? Are they going to eventually work it out so the game is at least playable between 4-8pm EST? I'm perfectly happy to wait another day or two but I don't see how that will matter. Is it possible they may just never get this under control and the game will never really work correctly during peak hours?

It'll be fine eventually, it's the second day and it's already much better than yesterday. Peak times is probably going to screw it up a bit for a little bit longer, but I doubt it will be perpetually hosed.

shrimp fried rice 4-EVA
Feb 2, 2012

Holding my breath and I'm playing for keeps.
Made it past the race and I'm buying clothes and stuff.

PSN: SlinkyRaptor

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I got to play for a while, but my PS3 hardlocked when I tried to quit a race. Maybe online will be fixed for most everyone by the end of today? :shobon:

And maybe someone who is good at online could make a pretty new thread with All The Tips.

Question 1 where the hell can I buy pants as a female?

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go
Tried to start the Cypress Flats LTS but it's just spinning out. I also got kicked by other players earlier for absolutely nothing. At least it's working. Somewhat.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

Hamburlgar posted:

Well, dont do what i just did and waste 10 mins getting on top of Mt Chiliad. There are no Sanchez' up there. I threw myself off the cliff in anger.

If you looking for one for your vehicle, the rest stop near the airport in Sandy Shores. There's usually some parked around there.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 2, 2013

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
Got in on PS3 this morning as well. Right after the drug mission I was outside of G's apartment and suddenly 6 people all spawned around me, and their cars were all stacked on top of each other.

One guy punched me and then danced around me a little bit, clearly looking for a fight. I shot him and then everyone else ran away.

I like this game so far.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MrLonghair posted:

I've been hearing a crapload of CHILDREN while playing. Wtf.

It's 2pm on a Wednesday, I reported one for growling in his mic over and over and the game broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Online on PS3 in Europe and it worked well up until I finished the first mission now it's just perpetually showing the eye in the skye cam. But I can still use the cellphone :D

• Locked thread