Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Akett posted:

So I found a Spider Nest. There was absolutely nothing of use in there. I don't know if there's a drop from the spiders I'm missing or if there's something there in hardmode. Either way, if you're afraid of spiders and aren't in hardmode you can feel free to ignore nests.

I went through 4-5 spider nests with nothing of use in them, but the 6th one did. Not going to spoil it here, but they are worth exploring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Fish Noise posted:

Any item that can be crafted into something else will have "Material" in its text.
Check EVERYTHING for "Material" and put them on the Guide and look at all the poo poo there is to build.
Even if you think you know everything that can be built from an item, put it on him anyways. You may be surprised. so many wings!

Then clean up those bricks when you discover that previously endgame items have at least two more stages to go.

This is all well and good, but while I have the necessary ingredients for Tiger Climbing Gear (Shoe spikes and Climbing Claws) I have no idea how to build it. Do I need a special bench? If so, what kind?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wahad posted:

This is all well and good, but while I have the necessary ingredients for Tiger Climbing Gear (Shoe spikes and Climbing Claws) I have no idea how to build it. Do I need a special bench? If so, what kind?

I think you need the Tinkerer Workbench.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I haven't played this since release. Is there any sort of inventory auto-sort button? That would make life so much easier. I can't find it, but I worry I'm missing something obvious!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Angry Diplomat posted:

In other news, I'm listening to the eclipse music and holy gently caress it owns :stare:

The Eclipse is a right bastard. Like a Goblin Army if it was actually dangerous

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
#1 item I've found so far: Usuable light source that keeps up with you while you're moving.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

mfcrocker posted:

The Eclipse is a right bastard. Like a Goblin Army if it was actually dangerous

Amazing. I was always kind of disappointed at how lackluster the Goblins were; I want to build a kickass fortress and stage a bloody, bitter defense against a fearsome tide of unholy beasts. Now that clowns no longer destroy terrain, I'm absolutely going to activate Warlord Mode and build my fortress right on the ground, fighting the Hallow and Crimson tooth and nail as they encroach. Looking forward to my first eclipse :black101:

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Wahad posted:

Related question, the Tiger Gear is a material with two other ninja items. Are these items available somewhere before hardmode?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Man, those rainclouds that damage enemies for every droplet really gently caress up early bosses if you can get them placed well.

Devour or Fire posted:

#1 item I've found so far: Usuable light source that keeps up with you while you're moving.

Oh my god, I'm so hyped.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Fintilgin posted:

I haven't played this since release. Is there any sort of inventory auto-sort button? That would make life so much easier. I can't find it, but I worry I'm missing something obvious!

There's a quick stack button on chests that'll hoover up stuff in your inventory that stacks with stuff in the chest. Other than that, you're on your own. Frankly I'm not sure what behavior you'd want an auto-sort button to have.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Neraren posted:

Related question, the Tiger Gear is a material with two other ninja items. Are these items available somewhere before hardmode?

Get them in chests. That's where I found them.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Man I wish the winter biome would extend higher up. I made a cool snow tower but if I climb it, the biome transitions to woodlands, even though I'm in the middle of the winter biome.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Neraren posted:

I don't know where the Black Belt is from but the Tabi drops from a rare mob in hard mode.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/V96NEd6.jpg

gently caress YES TERRA BLADE.

http://i.imgur.com/BX6u02M.jpg

Got super lucky, had a solar eclipse and got 3 broken swords.

Red Herring fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 2, 2013

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
So has anyone figured out which blocks/walls can be painted? I found grey brick/grey brick walls can't be painted and wood/wood walls can, but other than that I haven't done much experimentation following the grey brick disappointment (since it's what I was building with already).

Also, in the snow biome I found the thing that makes Silt/Slush useful. Is there another one of these for Mud?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Office Thug posted:

Man I wish the winter biome would extend higher up. I made a cool snow tower but if I climb it, the biome transitions to woodlands, even though I'm in the middle of the winter biome.

If it works the same way as other biomes you just need to pile up couple hundred snow or maybe ice blocks in your tower or in air next to it (disguised as as clouds)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Giggily posted:

Man, those rainclouds that damage enemies for every droplet really gently caress up early bosses if you can get them placed well.

Wait what? I've found rainclouds, but they actually damage enemies?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Powercrazy posted:

Wait what? I've found rainclouds, but they actually damage enemies?

It's the Crimson equivalent of the Thorn Wand spell.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So if I died to Plantera do I need to beat another Hard Mode boss again before its summoning item spawns again? Scouting the entire underground jungle for a single flower gets a wee bit tedious, especially if you're not sure that flower even exists.

Also, I found material for new melee/defense gear in the hardmode underground jungle and new mage gear in the hardmode dungeon, so am I safe to assume there's new ranged gear as well? And if so, any hints where I can find it? Just about the only place I haven't looked yet was the jungle temple, and I kinda doubt the material would be hidden there.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
I haven't updated my game yet. Just wanted to see how people are liking the update so far. I was really into Terraria when it first came out but haven't played in a while and I'm hoping the new content can really draw me back in.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

President Ark posted:

It's the Crimson equivalent of the Thorn Wand spell.

Ah Vile Thorn, yea that is a great item. I hope there is a hardmode equivalent, because I love those multi-hit spells/weapons.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Powercrazy posted:

Ah Vile Thorn, yea that is a great item. I hope there is a hardmode equivalent, because I love those multi-hit spells/weapons.

The inferno fork from the corrupt? dungeon lets you cast a fireball that persists for a little while, multi-hitting the gently caress out of anything inside of it. With a spectre set of armor, one fireball can kill a wyvern :3:

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but boomsticks with meteor shot loaded don't seem to score multi-hits if more than one projectile hits an enemy at once, meaning you're better off using regular ammo with it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The shotgun is the same, apparently. Kind of a shame - blasting a cloud of buckshot through a group of enemies at once seems like the most intuitive use for a weapon like that.

a cartoon duck posted:

Also, I found material for new melee/defense gear in the hardmode underground jungle and new mage gear in the hardmode dungeon, so am I safe to assume there's new ranged gear as well? And if so, any hints where I can find it? Just about the only place I haven't looked yet was the jungle temple, and I kinda doubt the material would be hidden there.

I know there are tons of new guns, so I'd be very surprised if there weren't new accessories and armour pieces to facilitate a ranged playstyle. Hell, you can get a pretty sweet revolver called THE UNDERTAKER pretty much right off the bat if you have Crimson.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

So if I died to Plantera do I need to beat another Hard Mode boss again before its summoning item spawns again? Scouting the entire underground jungle for a single flower gets a wee bit tedious, especially if you're not sure that flower even exists.

Before the first time I fought Plantera I saw two of the flowers that spawn it. I just checked, the first flower is still there.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Eclipses ain't no thang with Jungle-Temple brand defenses!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Christ, this is a completely new game now. They would've been justified in charging another 10 dollars for it, it's a ginormous expansion. I have something to keep me busy for months now!

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

a cartoon duck posted:

It seems like good ranged weapons can drop in the hallow/corrupt dungeon from mobs. I got a rapid-fire shotgun as a drop from one of the creatures in there. The shotbow that you can make with chlorophyte is also very good. It helps to have good ammo for it, like cursed arrows, and the ranged damage bonus from a magic quiver and the ranged chlorophyte set.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So what is the deal with Lava? There was a waterfall of it I could walk through with no trouble. But toe high lava that barely shows does 70 damage.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

So what is the deal with Lava? There was a waterfall of it I could walk through with no trouble. But toe high lava that barely shows does 70 damage.

Waterfalls don't have any real properties to them, they're just for show. So they won't wash away torches, slow you down, or cause damage to you if it's lava.

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Waterfalls don't have any real properties to them, they're just for show. So they won't wash away torches, slow you down, or cause damage to you if it's lava.

And oddly enough, spawn goldfishes. I've had goldfishes spawn in my lavafalls and then immediately die to the pool of boiling fire beneath :v:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there any way to check which of the 8 mutually exclusive biomes/ores are in a given world without entering hardmode to see what spawns or even better, force worldgen to use one or the other?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So how do I make an infinite waterfall, the same trick as the water dupe, but higher up?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

So how do I make an infinite waterfall, the same trick as the water dupe, but higher up?

You just put a half block next to a source block and it creates a waterfall. It doesn't really generate any water on the other side, either.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Waterfalls will actually wash away torches, but they won't slow you down or cause damage to you.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

You just put a half block next to a source block and it creates a waterfall. It doesn't really generate any water on the other side, either.

He's talking about a glitch that existed before 1.2, not the decorative waterfalls.

Matrim posted:

Waterfalls will actually wash away torches, but they won't slow you down or cause damage to you.

Really? I've placed torches in the new kind of waterfalls and they were fine.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

How do I get into a jungle dungeon? I think I need a key or something.

stradiwari
Nov 5, 2006

Matrim posted:

What. the. poo poo. I have no idea how to build a house. Please show the rest of it!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Matrim posted:

Do those spears actually hurt enemies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Powercrazy posted:

Do those spears actually hurt enemies?

Yes. About 50-70 damage, on the down and upstroke. They reach all the way down to the ground. The spikey ball traps between them do the same damage, only they multi-hit. :v:

• Locked thread