Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

ThreeSixXero posted:

The Empire is always stupid, though. Why can't they break the status quo for once and make a smart Empire?

We tried that. They killed the guy and threw him in a reactor outside of Ilum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vriess posted:

We tried that. They killed the guy and threw him in a reactor outside of Ilum.

His problem is he claimed to be the emperor. We all know that you have to claim to be the voice of the emperor instead. Darth Marr seems to be doing well enough at managing the current chaos without stepping on too many toes. Also, having a DS SI as my main I feel obliged to point out who would really do well to run an empire. I only ask that you worship your proper god just like those good people on Nar Shadda. Even the dread masters seemed to agree!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

His problem is he claimed to be the emperor. We all know that you have to claim to be the voice of the emperor instead.

Yeah, that worked out pretty well for Darth Baras.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Thumbtacks posted:

Oh. Then yes, you have to finish Oricon's story questline. (I've only heard it referred to as "attuned", so I wasn't sure. Thought you meant security key, for some reason.)

Finishing the quests isn't even needed, you just have to land on the planet and physically go to the operation entrances on the east end of the map. The two visible entrances both lead to the Dread Fortress, while the one that's behind the teleporters leads to the Dread Palace.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Promethium posted:

Finishing the quests isn't even needed, you just have to land on the planet and physically go to the operation entrances on the east end of the map. The two visible entrances both lead to the Dread Fortress, while the one that's behind the teleporters leads to the Dread Palace.

I thought you had to take the speeder and it wasn't connected?

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
I am the dumb, spent all my basic comms on things like isotope 5 vials rather than save them and use them to gear up to 69 mods today

Derp a derp moron stupid

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

hobbesmaster posted:

I thought you had to take the speeder and it wasn't connected?

You don't have to unlock fast transport before zoning in to the operations. It's easier to get there once you have the speeders, but going through the monster-infested roads works fine. Just be careful not to stumble into the heroic area.

Cinereus
Feb 15, 2008

BigDes posted:

I am the dumb, spent all my basic comms on things like isotope 5 vials rather than save them and use them to gear up to 69 mods today

Derp a derp moron stupid

Basics are for 66 not 69 mods anyway and you can use the credits you got from selling the iso 5 to buy some of the mods and enhancements anyway even if it's not optimal

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Cinereus posted:

Basics are for 66 not 69 mods anyway and you can use the credits you got from selling the iso 5 to buy some of the mods and enhancements anyway even if it's not optimal

They're for 69s now that 2.4 is here.

Everything got shunted down a notch cause of the new gear

Also iso 5 aren't need for crafting anymore it seems so their price has plummeted

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Cinereus posted:

69s are now bought with Basic comms, with Elite comms buying 72s, and Ultimate comms buying 78s. It's beautiful, really, because now we have an incentive to run HM55FPs again.

BigDes posted:

Also iso 5 aren't need for crafting anymore it seems so their price has plummeted

I suppose I got lucky: right before 2.4 dropped, I had sold two Isotopes for ~100k each. I kinda feel sorry for the person who bought both of them.
But, if they were removed from crafting, does that mean crafting those pieces is now easier? Or, at the very least, not as costly?

ThreeSixXero fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 2, 2013

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ThreeSixXero posted:

69s are now bought with Basic comms, with Elite comms buying 72s, and Ultimate comms buying 78s. It's beautiful, really, because now we have an incentive to run HM55FPs again.

Unless you're already full up on 72s.

I liked turning in my nearly capped out ultimate coms for 78 armorings though. I should be above 40k hp now fully buffed which should be very helpful.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Dang that's a pretty severe mudflation. How long were nightmare scum and TFB out for?

What rating are the story mode ops giving now?

Argh, I'm so behind I need to hit dulfy and catch up.

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

Unless you're already full up on 72s.

Alts and companions, dude. I want Quinn in full 72s, now.

Rascyc posted:

What rating are the story mode ops giving now?

They're virtually the same scale as before, except they drop some Verpines in addition to Arkanian.

SM55s should be more easy mode than they were before given that you can farm for 72s, which were for doing NiM.

ThreeSixXero fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 2, 2013

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, that worked out pretty well for Darth Baras.

Darth Baras was also a lazy gently caress who never did a god drat thing himself since he got to be a Darth, so its possible in his case that his sloth, toe stepping, and loving over the Dude/ette Who Did That poo poo He Needed was a bad move.

Cinereus
Feb 15, 2008

BigDes posted:

They're for 69s now that 2.4 is here.

Everything got shunted down a notch cause of the new gear

Well crap now I feel stupid and just as screwed after using all my basics to sell iso 5 before the patch dropped

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

wtftastic posted:

Darth Baras was also a lazy gently caress who never did a god drat thing himself since he got to be a Darth, so its possible in his case that his sloth, toe stepping, and loving over the Dude/ette Who Did That poo poo He Needed was a bad move.

lso there were two other "voices"; one in Voss that the SW fucks up, and the one the JK fucks up in Kaas. The combination of such is probably why we got the big reveal at the end of Makeb that the Emporer is dying, if not dead already.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Vriess posted:

lso there were two other "voices"; one in Voss that the SW fucks up, and the one the JK fucks up in Kaas. The combination of such is probably why we got the big reveal at the end of Makeb that the Emporer is dying, if not dead already.

I haven't gotten that far on Rep side, but its equally plausible that the Republic believes that by killing the the voice they killed the Emperor and that Marr doesn't really care one way or another- if there's no voice, there's no way for the Emperor to guide them and so long as he avoids claiming to be the Emperor/ the Voice there's no way he's really transgressing by taking the reins . Either way I need to finally suck up my distaste for rep side poo poo/ jedi bull crap and just do the JK storyline with Master Orgus "Who The gently caress Left Me in Charge, Where Am I?" Din.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Vriess posted:

Its not known whether that actually was the Voice the second time. There have been convincing theories otherwise but most damning of all imo is this: Skip to 27.00. "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.”

Its implied the Emperor is coming back regardless though.

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Nephthys posted:

Its not known whether that actually was the Voice the second time. There have been convincing theories otherwise but most damning of all imo is this: Skip to 27.00. "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.”

The Emperor has had multiple bodies ever since his rise to power after the Great Hyperspace War.

Even if his body this time was killed, it could be assumed that he can just get a new body before his "power" runs out. I'd suspect that his version of "dying" is that he really did lose a lot of "power" when he was killed this time and that is why there is reason to be concerned, but the game will undoubtedly bring him back so he can be a boss or something.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Nephthys posted:

The Sith Warrior, who becomes the Emperor's Wrath and is guided by a cult of Purebloods known as the Emperor's Hand, is informed that the JK simply defeated another voice and subsequently has an extra dialogue option when talking to Marr after Makeb whom is absolutely apathetic if the Emperor is dead or not.

My theory is that Lord Vitiate has transcended to being a sort of galactic "Intelligence," rather than really needing any corporeal form.

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya

ThreeSixXero posted:

I wondered why the Oricon story missions were dropping 66 gear + Basic comms.

Looks like I'll be spending my weekend running HM 55 FPs and Makeb/CZ-198/Oricon dailies on my lvl 55's...

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, I tried to hit Oricon last night and gear up my juggernaut, but my mishmash of Dread Guard and Campaign gear isn't quite up to the minibosses at the end of each quest. I'll have to get geared up before I can get geared up. :smith:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I feel like I'm running out of useful keybinds. Usually I have always kept the important ones on shift/control/alt+mouse4. On my juggernaut, for example, I think shift was the one that gave me rage, control was the one that gave me defense, and alt gave me +max HP. (Can you tell I haven't played my Juggernaut in a while?)

With my sniper, though, I've got a lot of utility cooldowns I use. A lot. Smuggler's Luck, Cool Head, Illegal Mods, Burst Volley...I think there's another one, too. For those of you who keep everything bound instead of clicking (I have a select few abilities in a box that I keep near the center of my screen to see and click quickly, but generally I try to keep everything bound), how do you have your poo poo bound?

It gets slightly more complicated when I need to activate a bunch of them at once (which I can't always do, what with GCDs and such). How do you usually approach this?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Thumbtacks posted:

I feel like I'm running out of useful keybinds. Usually I have always kept the important ones on shift/control/alt+mouse4. On my juggernaut, for example, I think shift was the one that gave me rage, control was the one that gave me defense, and alt gave me +max HP. (Can you tell I haven't played my Juggernaut in a while?)

With my sniper, though, I've got a lot of utility cooldowns I use. A lot. Smuggler's Luck, Cool Head, Illegal Mods, Burst Volley...I think there's another one, too. For those of you who keep everything bound instead of clicking (I have a select few abilities in a box that I keep near the center of my screen to see and click quickly, but generally I try to keep everything bound), how do you have your poo poo bound?

It gets slightly more complicated when I need to activate a bunch of them at once (which I can't always do, what with GCDs and such). How do you usually approach this?

If you can afford it, get a Naga Razer MMO mouse.

Seems pricey at $60-$70, but it seriously makes this game so much easier having 12 extra buttons on your thumb. I can't imagine playing it any other way. Between 1-12 and Shift+1-12, that's 24 super easy hotkeys.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Medullah posted:

If you can afford it, get a Naga Razer MMO mouse.

Seems pricey at $60-$70, but it seriously makes this game so much easier having 12 extra buttons on your thumb. I can't imagine playing it any other way. Between 1-12 and Shift+1-12, that's 24 super easy hotkeys.

I'm saving money to buy a computer that isn't lovely, I can't afford wasting money on computer mice. I have heard that, though, so once I have the spare money, I'll probably buy one.

I just don't like binding things to numbers if I can help it. At least if they're not abilities. Probably should, though, I'm not using the space.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ok, the /kill self destruct ability the droids in the new raid is the best.

Place's record is currently 6 kills.

edit: Actually kephess randomly being an add and his class being "disappointment" is in fact the best.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 3, 2013

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008
The new operations are pretty good. Lustre will probably wear off after I've been running them a few months, but for now I am pleased. I hope they can continue the pace of content development they've been doing, it has actually been pretty good lately.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

VonLudwig posted:

The new operations are pretty good. Lustre will probably wear off after I've been running them a few months, but for now I am pleased. I hope they can continue the pace of content development they've been doing, it has actually been pretty good lately.

The first of the new raids went so quickly. Bosses 1-4 were down in about 40 minutes. Cue 5 wipes on the final boss before we figured out the mechanics :suicide:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
OK, theorycrafters / math geeks: now that gear is inflated again, is it still worth it for me to be running around with my assassin tank in a 4-piece of 3 63s and a 61 for the set bonus vs. upgrading to all 72s? I don't raid anymore, obviously, or I wouldn't be stuck with such trash.

(Edit:obviously armorings, the rest are 69s/66s,some enhancements are still 66s for better stats and less endurance)

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

thegodofchuck posted:

OK, theorycrafters / math geeks: now that gear is inflated again, is it still worth it for me to be running around with my assassin tank in a 4-piece of 3 63s and a 61 for the set bonus vs. upgrading to all 72s? I don't raid anymore, obviously, or I wouldn't be stuck with such trash.

(Edit:obviously armorings, the rest are 69s/66s,some enhancements are still 66s for better stats and less endurance)

The Endurance difference of being in 72s (on pieces that can have a set bonus, or the head, chest, gloves, greaves, and boots) and in 63s (on the same pieces) is 465 minus 320 which is, roughly, a difference of ~1450 HP (since endurance grants ~10 HP per unit).

The main stat difference of being in 72s and in 63s (with the same guidelines as above) is 440 minus 300 which is 140 (thanks basic math) and which is not easy to calculate given DRs on the main stat and given that I can't assume that you'd be using the same mods and enhancements throughout your build (unless you plan on stacking endurance) and working backward on that would require extensive care. According to a stat calculator I've been messing with, you'd probably be seeing a ~6% damage increase between the two numbers (which I determined by inserting several numbers in the range of 2000-2700 and adding 140).

And I have no idea how to calculate armor rating other than that I know that at heavy armor level, armor rating from 72s is equivalent to ~1000 armor. And I know that the Sin tank buff boosts its armor by 150% given that Sins wear light armor and I'd have to actually load the game to check the values (which I cannot do at the moment of this post).

E: Also, Stat Calculator

ThreeSixXero fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 3, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Wow, I really don't like the 4v4 arenas--it highlights my deficiencies in PvP.

I preferred it when I could hide behind less-spastic players :v:

Styles
Jul 17, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

lots of people in my pvp guilds got some explaining to do

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Alter Ego posted:

I love the PVP arenas when you can convince the dumbass DPS players to attack their healer first. Plus being able to get 70-140 ranked comms in a matter of minutes rather than once a day is really nice.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

It also sucks when - like I had last night - the teams are 4 healers vs 4 healers. They all went into sudden death since no one could bring down anyone lower than like 90% health. Seems there are still a few bugs in them too. I had a 4 vs 2 more than once and not because people left - the matches started and ended that way.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, I tried to hit Oricon last night and gear up my juggernaut, but my mishmash of Dread Guard and Campaign gear isn't quite up to the minibosses at the end of each quest. I'll have to get geared up before I can get geared up. :smith:

If you want help with that tonight, I can hop on Adonnta (healer) or Tswend (sniper) to push you along. They're both better geared and need to run through.

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008

thegodofchuck posted:

It was worth it to upgrade to the 72s, as long as you could get the new set bonus. It's super worth it now. The new set bonus really isn't much worse than the old one, and the hp and armour rating you're passing up by not upgrading is actually pretty considerable.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Ok, the /kill self destruct ability the droids in the new raid is the best.

Place's record is currently 6 kills.

edit: Actually kephess randomly being an add and his class being "disappointment" is in fact the best.

I'm excited to see the "pull into group of pubbies for max rage" trolling that is going to ensue.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

VonLudwig posted:

It was worth it to upgrade to the 72s, as long as you could get the new set bonus. It's super worth it now. The new set bonus really isn't much worse than the old one, and the hp and armour rating you're passing up by not upgrading is actually pretty considerable.

The point is that I can't get the set bonus, I would be getting vendor gear, which has no set bonus. Whatever the equivalent of Black Market is at 72. Verpine? So it's lose the bonus for the stats or lose the stats and keep the bonus.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

wtftastic posted:

If you want help with that tonight, I can hop on Adonnta (healer) or Tswend (sniper) to push you along. They're both better geared and need to run through.

Thanks, but I actually did a run with Place, Bedinok, and Humdrum last night after the raid on our alts. Highlights included dying like 17 times each while doing the heroic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008

thegodofchuck posted:

The point is that I can't get the set bonus, I would be getting vendor gear, which has no set bonus. Whatever the equivalent of Black Market is at 72. Verpine? So it's lose the bonus for the stats or lose the stats and keep the bonus.

In that case I'm not entirely sure. As long as you're replacing the mods and enhancements with 72s+, it might be better to keep the set bonus. The enhancements on the black market/verpite gear you can get with comms are not great, but there are actually some decent enhancements on the oricon gear. On the other hand, the stat increases on the armorings themselves might not be worth giving up a set bonus for. They are considerable boosts, and for a non-tank I would probably say just do it for the main stat at this point. In your case, I guess maybe try it, keep your old armourings and see if you feel more or less survivable with the new stuff.

• Locked thread