Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

MB13 posted:

MP22 is going to be Ultra Magnus "Perfect Edition". Based on the MP10 mold, it will come with his trailer and be able to combine with it.

:stare:

Yeah, I might have to pick that one up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Geez, I think this will be my first MP. What's the turnaround on MPs going from announcement to being re-released by Hasbro in the US? 12+ months at least, right?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Well I'm up for that. Could this be the long-awaited first UM headsculpt that's not terrible?
Are we doing the thing where a head sculpt too far from the base doesn't count?

Cuz I can get behind that, but the Gens UM has a nice sculpt.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I hope he comes with a teensy Minimus Ambus.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Captain Magic posted:

I hope he comes with a teensy Minimus Ambus.

You can bet your balls that somebody is going to make a 3rd party Minumus Ambus to put in the armor.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Geez, I think this will be my first MP. What's the turnaround on MPs going from announcement to being re-released by Hasbro in the US? 12+ months at least, right?

At least, also gotta hope Hasbro decides to release it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

Are we doing the thing where a head sculpt too far from the base doesn't count?

Cuz I can get behind that, but the Gens UM has a nice sculpt.

Yeah I mean it's OK but it's kind of bizarre that in a world where we've had a killer fiction-accurate Straxus head for years, there still isn't a UM head that actually looks like the toon/comic.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah I mean it's OK but it's kind of bizarre that in a world where we've had a killer fiction-accurate Straxus head for years, there still isn't a UM head that actually looks like the toon/comic.

Does Myclone UM count?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TFW2005.txt posted:

With Trailer...that's funny. A 300$ parts-former,awsome. Its hard for me to consider this a MP when it is nothing more than a white prime with trailer that you have to add on. One day TT/Hasbro will get it right,let me know when that happens.....

Well there is just no pleasing some people I guess. :shrug:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't know, a true UM would be pretty cool. I kinda like the idea of getting a MP-10 anyway though so I'm really satisfied with the idea.

Doesn't the MP-10 mold have a matrix slot? I wonder...

therealjon_ posted:

At least, also gotta hope Hasbro decides to release it.
Do they traditionally not? I was under the impression the MPs we haven't gotten had very specific reasons. ie, is gun and licensing?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't know, a true UM would be pretty cool. I kinda like the idea of getting a MP-10 anyway though so I'm really satisfied with the idea.

Do they traditionally not? I was under the impression the MPs we haven't gotten had very specific reasons. ie, is gun and licensing?

There was the case of MP Rodimus lacking his Space Winnebago form for his US release, but Hasbro seems to have turned a corner on their US MP releases with MP-10.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So. Excited.

That said, I am conflicted. Do I get classic Magnus or wait for the inevitable Japanese Powered Convoy repaint? Because I loving love that colour scheme (it's the only version of the original I own, in fact)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I just hope that when you open his chest it has a big sign that reads "CAN'T DEAL WITH IT"

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
MP Ultra Magnus....I may even pony up the extra cash for the Takara Version. Any time frame for release? Probably not 2013 I assume.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Since I can never find an MP-10 Prime, I guess this is going to be my first masterpiece figure.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Blackheart posted:

:siren: Holy loving poo poo Masterpiece Ultra Magnus :siren:

It's killing me to wait for the prototype pictures. I have to see how awesome it is. I mean, it's not like they can gently caress it up... right? ...Right, guys?

EDIT:

Also, I'm trying to get some extra cash for a 3DS, so I went through my stash of TFs. Out of 3 bins of figures, this is what I could part with. Very random, and apparently I hate jets now? Any reasonable offer will be considered because I hate dealing with TF sperglords on eBay and such.

So, if anyone wants anything, lemme know.

Also, the black and gray dealie is a Rodimus that I airbrushed grey and black for Shadow Scyther before I picked up a bootleg one.

And, the insecticons are busted to poo poo and kinda only good for parts. Same with the bottom of Skylynx, and ... Huffer? Is that his name?

VVVV

Very top left is a Generations/Universe Blaster.

The one directly underneath it is WFC Megatron. Or, if you're talking about the one to Blaster's right, that's Universe Ramjet.

Nilryna fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 1, 2013

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

What are the two jets at the top left?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Galaxy Force Soundblaster and Classics Ramjet.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

The Goon posted:

Now do you think there's any possible way of getting one of those bad boys to Japan without paying a ton in shipping? Like an inter-Costco shipment or something?

I'm hoping Japanese Costcos get them, as there's one right near me.

If so, and there's none close to you, I'd be willing to ship one to you.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Who's the robot next to (right side) of Bludgeon? Oops, a painted Rodimus :)

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 1, 2013

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

strangehamster posted:

Who's the robot next to (right side) of Bludgeon?

Nilryna posted:

Also, the black and gray dealie is a Rodimus that I airbrushed grey and black for Shadow Scyther before I picked up a bootleg one.

EDIT:

PM me, or toss an email my way ( usa1572 [at] gmail [dot] com )if you have any questions. I feel like I'm junking up the thread. I don't wanna do that.

Nilryna fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 1, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I'm interested in the Legends Megatron.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nilryna posted:

It's killing me to wait for the prototype pictures. I have to see how awesome it is. I mean, it's not like they can gently caress it up... right? ...Right, guys?

EDIT:

Also, I'm trying to get some extra cash for a 3DS, so I went through my stash of TFs. Out of 3 bins of figures, this is what I could part with. Very random, and apparently I hate jets now? Any reasonable offer will be considered because I hate dealing with TF sperglords on eBay and such.

And, the insecticons are busted to poo poo and kinda only good for parts. Same with the bottom of Skylynx, and ... Huffer? Is that his name?

VVVV

Very top left is a Generations/Universe Blaster.

The one directly underneath it is WFC Megatron. Or, if you're talking about the one to Blaster's right, that's Universe Ramjet.

How much for Thunderwing?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Galaxy Force Soundblaster is really neat! How much would you want for him, shipped?

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm interested in the Legends Megatron.

I guess I could do $12 shipped, as long as you're in the US.

drrockso20 posted:

How much for Thunderwing?

$12 shipped in the US.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Galaxy Force Soundblaster is really neat! How much would you want for him, shipped?

It's actually the Blaster version of it. http://www.tfu.info/2008/Autobot/TFUBlaster/blaster.htm

I'd do $15 shipped in the US for it if you're still interested.

Also, all prices are just kind of dug up from eBay's most recent sales.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I picked up Orion Pax & IDW Megatron today and I really like both figures but man are their transformations finicky as all hell

Also both of their spotlight issues are amazing, Megatron is the epitome of magnificent bastard, and I love that Alpha Trion's alt mode is a freaking Tumbler

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

catch22 posted:

Does Myclone UM count?

I'd agree it's the best attempt to date but it's still a little chibi. And the fact it's the best attempt to date is just a little sad.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So, interesting note for our thread's namesake (So to speak) - Mike Costa penned a book Marvel published this week.

Not to get anyone upset since I doubt he's going anywhere for a long time, but if Costa can write an X-book I think Roberts is going to end up there eventually too.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Thats if he wants to, though. Something tells me, atleast until he finishes the story he wants to tell, the guy who wrote Transformers fanfic as a kid is living the dream right now.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Nilryna posted:

How much for Ramjet?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Veg posted:

Thats if he wants to, though. Something tells me, atleast until he finishes the story he wants to tell, the guy who wrote Transformers fanfic as a kid is living the dream right now.

Yeah, I think he's doing exactly what he wants to. I think the man definitely has a bright future, though. I wonder what comics he's a fan of other than Transformers?

Nilryna posted:

I guess I could do $12 shipped, as long as you're in the US.

I'm in the US. Send me a PM.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If Masterpiece Magnus is to scale it could very well wind up the size of a supreme figure.

And will probably be more expensive than Metroplex.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

If Masterpiece Magnus is to scale it could very well wind up the size of a supreme figure.

And will probably be more expensive than Metroplex.

Being more expensive than Metro is a given.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

funtax posted:

How much for Ramjet?

$20 shipped.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm in the US. Send me a PM.

PM sent! :D

The Rage posted:

Being more expensive than Metro is a given.

I would easily pay third party prices for a MP UM--assuming they actually get the armor to work right. For some reason, I find it easier to trust third parties with armor add-ons than I do Takara or Hasbro... I'm not sure that's a proper response... :confused: Although, the issue with Hot Rod's back not pegging too reliably does ring a bell.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

I am totally on board with a Ultra Magnus MP.

Now bring on Galvatron. In fact, I would love to see the IDW verse Galvatron that turns into the Tumbler looking tank as an MP.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
The newer MP Starscream is being reissued...for $200.

Can't say I blame them as the first release cost a ton on the aftermarket, but with so many MPs on the verge of release $200 is too much to justify on a slightly better version of an MP I already own. Maybe it'll eventually see another stateside release...oh wait, they still need to get through TWO MORE loving RAINMAKERS

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

The newer MP Starscream is being reissued...for $200.

Can't say I blame them as the first release cost a ton on the aftermarket, but with so many MPs on the verge of release $200 is too much to justify on a slightly better version of an MP I already own. Maybe it'll eventually see another stateside release...oh wait, they still need to get through TWO MORE loving RAINMAKERS

My goal is to sell the Walscream I own then upgrade to the MP-11

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

I thought about doing that myself but I modded mine to not have the hip kibble. Don't know what kind of price they are fetching

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Takara is doing MP reissues with a lot of regularity of late. Bodes well to see them cheaper later on.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

The Rage posted:

I kind of wonder if Hasbro will ever release updated versions of Starscream and Skywarp. I mean, I'm saying, "Nah, I'm fine with my mismatched seekers" now, but given a chance to upgrade? Maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Nilryna posted:

I kind of wonder if Hasbro will ever release updated versions of Starscream and Skywarp. I mean, I'm saying, "Nah, I'm fine with my mismatched seekers" now, but given a chance to upgrade? Maybe...

Nah, people obviously want Acid Storm instead. I mean, who doesn't want to spend $75 on a masterpiece figure that takes up a good deal of shelf space of some non-character who appeared in one episode for 30 seconds that nobody but the most hardcore fans have ever heard of? Let's make a ton of them and sell 'em at mass retail!

Yep, looks like they made another Transformer that's gonna wind up on the Island of Misfit Toys this Christmas.