Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Welll... that kinda sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sounds like a Kickstarter or Amazon Payments problem.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Otisburg posted:

Huh, Reaper themselves posted a comment indicating that you were (however briefly) pulled out of a reward teir when you adjusted your pledge and there was nothing they could do about it.

Huh. Yeah I never heard of that before. Weird.

I guess wait till things are pretty slow, maybe in a few days, and up your pledge in the middle of the night or something.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah, I'll be aiming to do mine in the middle of a US night, if I do it at all.

Though, the most likely thing is that I'll pull out entirely, in which case, I'll let you guys know here so if anyone wants the slot (wave 4 IIRC) they can have a chance to jump on it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think I'm going to stop keeping up with this for a week or two and then look at it fresh and decide if I still want the core.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Also I know this will not happen but Kicktraq has this making $14,000,000 and change. :laugh:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Pierzak posted:

So that's it for me getting Bones 2 :( thanks, saves me the worry.

There's always retail. Based on bones 1, they should be on stores before christmas 2014.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

jammu posted:

There's always retail. Based on bones 1, they should be on stores before christmas 2014.
Either way I'm hosed on the shipping from the US, and there's like 1 store selling Reaper in Poland. I'll keep an eye out, but I don't have high hopes.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Peas and Rice posted:

Also I know this will not happen but Kicktraq has this making $14,000,000 and change. :laugh:

That's nothing, it was trending towards $25 million before Kicktraq's new day started.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kicktraq does not seem to dice funding finer than "daily", so right now it has all the money earned before midnight yesterday (like $950k) as one datapoint, and all the money earned so far today ($200k) as a second data point. It is finding the average of these two numbers ($575k) and projecting that much income per-day for the next 23 days. This is obviously wrong.

Give it a week and Kicktraq will start being useful, maybe, if it does anything smarter than a straight-up average daily income. Which it should, since kickstarters follow a fairly well-known curve of 1 big rush on day 1, then a slow period, and then a rush in the last handful of days with a big peak on the final day.

If they don't do that, they're stupid.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 3, 2013

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Pierzak posted:

Either way I'm hosed on the shipping from the US, and there's like 1 store selling Reaper in Poland. I'll keep an eye out, but I don't have high hopes.

Yeah. Reaper products are pretty hard to find in europe :( .

Someone on the other forum linked me a following German webshop that seems to sell most of the Bones figures:
http://www.shop.battlefield-berlin.de/index.php/katalog/showarticles/25138-1-bones.html
(note that Pathfinder minis are on their own category for some reason)

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

jammu posted:

There's a heavy blow to the RotW-people:
Estimated postages vary from 60-80 dollars /w canadians at $50.

Last time it only cost a 1 Sophie (or 25$ if you for some reason wanted her), which was ok price. Sadly US post rates have skyrocketed. :(

I've still nor received my minis from the first kickstarter because of them loving up their rest of the world shipping and breaking international postage laws about declaration. It's entirely possible I won't get it at all (I probably will, but it's been 2 weeks since customs got an accurate valuation and I've still not heard anything from them). Reaper flatly refused to provide a true invoice which made it far harder to provide because it was split between the amazon payment and then the top up from their pledge manager.

Outside America I couldn't recommend this to anyone. If you're in the US though then it's going to be a good deal.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

PST posted:

I've still nor received my minis from the first kickstarter because of them loving up their rest of the world shipping and breaking international postage laws about declaration. It's entirely possible I won't get it at all (I probably will, but it's been 2 weeks since customs got an accurate valuation and I've still not heard anything from them). Reaper flatly refused to provide a true invoice which made it far harder to provide because it was split between the amazon payment and then the top up from their pledge manager.

Outside America I couldn't recommend this to anyone. If you're in the US though then it's going to be a good deal.

All the orders to Taiwan this year arrived without a problem. They even tell how they're going to declare the stuff this time in the FAQ.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

PST posted:

breaking international postage laws about declaration.

What's this now? I thought they were pretty adamant about declaring things correctly.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At $1.4M, people who pledged for the Core set finally get another freebie: five pretty cool looking armored bad guys!

"2 Hellknights (Orders of the Nail and the Scourge), Anti-Paladin, the Whispering Tyrant, and the Horned Hunter!"

Given Reaper pulled in $224k today, so if they do about the same tomorrow, we should see this one achieved right around the end of the day.

If we get one or two stretch goals per day, and about one in three or one in four apply to the core set, that's still between six and maybe fifteen or so additional blocks of items, which would make the $100 a really great deal.

On the other hand, I think we'll see a slowdown to more like $100k a day, while the gaps between stretch goals increase, so it'd entirely possible we'll see only three or four more additions to the core set by the last day; but then on the last day we should see a big push.

I'm still kind of on the fence. I'm hopeful, but if Reaper opens up one or two more $50 add-ons and starts splitting stretch goals evenly between them, the core set, and costs-money individual add-ons, we might not see the core set grow much more at all. I think that'd be a big mistake.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

PST posted:

Which country are you in? I have friends in the UK recieve it fine, I moved to Singapore inbetween the end of the Kickstarter and them shipping, mine arrived 2 weeks after the ship email with no problems at all.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It sounds like he/she's in the UK - HM Customs can be a bit slow but I got my letter with payment info about a week after I mailed in copies of the payment confirmed emails I got from Reaper and Amazon.

I'm a bit put off by the shipping cost, but if things slow down I can see myself doing at least one core expansion and a few of the add-ons. But probably less add-ons than I'd like. Not that it matters much really, because I'll have so many models to paint it'll take me ages to put a dent in the pile.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

krushgroove posted:

It sounds like he/she's in the UK - HM Customs can be a bit slow but I got my letter with payment info about a week after I mailed in copies of the payment confirmed emails I got from Reaper and Amazon.

I'm a bit put off by the shipping cost, but if things slow down I can see myself doing at least one core expansion and a few of the add-ons. But probably less add-ons than I'd like. Not that it matters much really, because I'll have so many models to paint it'll take me ages to put a dent in the pile.

Yeah customs in the UK can be a bit random with incoming things - I used to order a lot of stuff from overseas, sometimes it would be stopped, sometimes it came through uncontested (same value, same company). There is nothing Reaper can do about this.
As to the shipping costs, it's still going to work out to be cheaper and more convenient to get it via the kickstarter. Yes you are not getting as good a deal as the free shipping USA people, but you will still be getting a good deal. Certainly not enough to recommend people outside of the US getting in on it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mr Beens posted:

There is nothing Reaper can do about this.
Not underdeclare large packages?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Pierzak posted:

Not underdeclare large packages?

The FAQ says they're declaring whatever you pledged, minus shipping costs. Not sure how that's underdeclaring.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Last KS, they declared based on the base pledge. So if you got Vampire plus a whole bunch of extras, they declared it as $100 worth of minis. Obviously, they've learned that it didn't work out so well.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah, the declared value on my package was $100 but I sent copies of the payment emails saying I'd paid over $300, so I was charged VAT for that amount. This is part of the 'dumbass tax' that Reaper mentioned in their pie chart.

Pierzak posted:

Spirit Games in the UK have a lot of Bones stuff in stock: http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/results.php?search=bones&menu=5

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Hmm... now do I want 5 or 10 more villiage rioters for a pitchfork and torch wielding mob?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

neonchameleon posted:

Hmm... now do I want 5 or 10 more villiage rioters for a pitchfork and torch wielding mob?

Where are those at? I haven't seen those in this kickstarter.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Ravendas posted:

They were in the last Kickstarter, and are now available at retail.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

At $1.4M, people who pledged for the Core set finally get another freebie: five pretty cool looking armored bad guys!

"2 Hellknights (Orders of the Nail and the Scourge), Anti-Paladin, the Whispering Tyrant, and the Horned Hunter!"

Given Reaper pulled in $224k today, so if they do about the same tomorrow, we should see this one achieved right around the end of the day.

If we get one or two stretch goals per day, and about one in three or one in four apply to the core set, that's still between six and maybe fifteen or so additional blocks of items, which would make the $100 a really great deal.

On the other hand, I think we'll see a slowdown to more like $100k a day, while the gaps between stretch goals increase, so it'd entirely possible we'll see only three or four more additions to the core set by the last day; but then on the last day we should see a big push.

I'm still kind of on the fence. I'm hopeful, but if Reaper opens up one or two more $50 add-ons and starts splitting stretch goals evenly between them, the core set, and costs-money individual add-ons, we might not see the core set grow much more at all. I think that'd be a big mistake.

Glad to see that the core set hasn't been abandoned after the expansion sets were introduced; it was seriously a concern for me.

e:(I agree whole heartedly with the bolded bit.)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 3, 2013

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Probably going to bail on this, depending on how good the mars attacks ks is tomorrow. Mantic are uk based after all.

I have a first wave so I'll tell you guys if/when I'm going to drop out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm looking over the wave 1 minis and I don't see one, have they done a grell yet?

Edit: holy poo poo, they added Sir Justin to the kraken image, that thing is huge.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 3, 2013

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Sir Forscale can take him on! :black101:

So the KS has slowed down... but if the previous one is an indication, the last week (and the last day) will be absolutely insane.

I still remember upping my pledge for TWO Cthulus with like less than a minute to go.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Ravendas posted:

This guy.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm looking over the wave 1 minis and I don't see one, have they done a grell yet?

No tentacle-brains yet, but there's 4 legged-brains on bones 2 in "Dungeon Monsters" section.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Edit: holy poo poo, they added Sir Justin to the kraken image, that thing is huge.

Ahahaha, I wanted the kraken before, but was kind of on the fence. Consider me sold.

Also, if you don't paint this guy

like this guy

you don't deserve your bones. :colbert:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Phoon posted:

Probably going to bail on this, depending on how good the mars attacks ks is tomorrow. Mantic are uk based after all.

The shipping waves may have the unintended consequence of backers not jumping ship until the absolute last possible minute.

There are currently (and recently) some really great miniatures kickstarters, and Bones II is also competing with the shadow of Bones.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Leperflesh posted:

Bear in mind also that a lot of us are just camping to see where things end up, but will almost certainly be buying in to SOME degree toward the last few days.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jammu posted:

No tentacle-brains yet, but there's 4 legged-brains on bones 2 in "Dungeon Monsters" section.

Yeah I saw the intellect devourer, maybe they'll have a underdark add on with a grell, mindflayer and absoleth.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

More mindflayers would always be good.

On other wishlisting, This guy and its hillbilly-buddies should be on kickstarter:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yup, this is a must-buy for me now. Perhaps I'll model him eating a dragon.

e.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah I saw the intellect devourer, maybe they'll have a underdark add on with a grell, mindflayer and absoleth.

Haha, "ABSOLETH VODKA: ABSOLETH OBEDIENCE", the favorite drink of aboleths everywhere!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 3, 2013

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Question begs: Which of those monsters are owned by Wizards?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kerzoro posted:

Question begs: Which of those monsters are owned by Wizards?

They can own the name but not the image, it's why there's an oxidation monster in Bones 1. Reaper already has an illithid pirate and aboleth figures, they're just under different names.
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/fish/sku-down/03230
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/illithid/sku-down/03135

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
So that character in the Pirates of the Carribean is based on a D&D monster? Or is it the other way around?

• Locked thread