Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Here's hoping that Julio Jones has a crappy day. I can't very well wish ill on the Saints D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Ugh, such crappy luck that my backup (who had a fantastic match up) was injured during my starter's bye week. And then you guys all scooped up all the lovely one-week starter QBs.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
0-4. Taking Ray Rice over Peterson is looking dumber by the week, but y'all already knew that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I will do unspeakable acts if someone can trade me a QB.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Stevie Lee posted:

0-4. Taking Ray Rice over Peterson is looking dumber by the week, but y'all already knew that.

I wanna thank the scumbags who perpetuated the evil lie that Ray Rice would be playing this week.

Well, actually, I want to say Harbuagh can die in a fire for only running the ball loving 8 times.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm sure Braksgirl is very happy.

bbf2 posted:

Ugh, such crappy luck that my backup (who had a fantastic match up) was injured during my starter's bye week. And then you guys all scooped up all the lovely one-week starter QBs.

I will happily trade you Cam Newton for Mike Glennon. NFC South quarterbacks..same thing.

jabro posted:

I will do unspeakable acts if someone can trade me a QB.

I had 7.5 points today!
_______________________________________________________________/

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm sure Braksgirl is very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5hae6PlPYA

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

20 Team Fantasy League S5: The Dan Marino division are the best (fans of George Lopez)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I am loving ecstatic someone was dumb enough to pass up Purple Jesus for Ray Rice. Best decision ever.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Breathe a sigh of relief every time it goes to Sproles. Stay away from Colston and Graham!

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Just looked around the league and noticed in half the matchups there are players starting that were out or on bye with able replacements on the bench. Either everyone slept for 1:00 PM EST kickoff like me or have lost hope already 4 weeks in :smith:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

wasianchickn posted:

Just looked around the league and noticed in half the matchups there are players starting that were out or on bye with able replacements on the bench. Either everyone slept for 1:00 PM EST kickoff like me or have lost hope already 4 weeks in :smith:

Hmmmmmm

Perhaps there needs to be a great purge in this league?? God knows the wait list is long enough to support that.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
My team is crumbling one injury/terrible performance at a time.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

wasianchickn posted:

I only noticed 2.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
TOO LATE THE GREAT PURGE HAS BEGUN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtU3vUOa2sw

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Pain of Mind posted:

I only noticed 2.

Ok well it was only 5 people with two of em having multiple and bbf2 gets a pass for there being no QBs left. The rest of us just have pathetic 0s from a lack of production.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Riding the .6 points of Danial Thomas I squeak by Wasian to knock him from the unbeatens.

Lesson Learned: Start Miami RBs, not Giants TEs.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I kept hoping someone would fumble to take out your lead...too bad it was Darren Sproles, the one guy you don't have in your lineup.

Other lesson: never take Andre Johnson out of your lineup if you aren't gonna wake up before 10 gameday to fix that.

Also, just because Delanie Walker gets poo poo for targets and yardage doesn't mean he won't beat out the poo poo Giants offense.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Basically how I felt regarding the Miami defense the entire game hoping they would stop Brees completing passes to Colston or Graham. There is no goddamn stopping it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXy_DO6IZOA&t=40s

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I needed to get a mere ~18 points from Miami wide receivers last night to beat Zoltan Mesko. I think I know why I lost.

Well, that and I did not start Nate Washington thanks to ESPN's Insider projections which seem to be about as accurate as asking my dog to set my lineup.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 1, 2013

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

tadashi posted:

I needed to get a mere ~18 points from Miami wide receivers last night to beat Zoltan Mesko. I think I know why I lost.

Well, that and I did not start Nate Washington thanks to ESPN's Insider projections which seem to be about as accurate as asking my dog to set my lineup.

Never listen to ESPN Insider projections. I like to click on them for a good laugh then reset my lineup to something that actually scores.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Are insider projections just the projected points or do you guys actually have the paid accounts? If so lol

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Power of Pecota posted:

Are insider projections just the projected points or do you guys actually have the paid accounts? If so lol

It came with the magazine subscription that I bought for my kid's baseball team fundraiser.

halonx
May 4, 2005

wasianchickn posted:

Ok well it was only 5 people with two of em having multiple and bbf2 gets a pass for there being no QBs left. The rest of us just have pathetic 0s from a lack of production.

My backup QB is a big pussy who needs to play again and Rodgers is my main point maker who had a bye. It looked dismal any way I tried the lineup.

But THIS week, hopefully my team won't be complete crap.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
With that last win, my streak is at 2 and I'm only 1 game back in the division! :D

Now if only those three other teams at 3-1 in front of me would kindly lose, that would be great. Thanks.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Oh hey! My whole team is on a bye this week! Super duper!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Braksgirl posted:

You drafted them. Who is your QB? I'll trade Palmer for him straight across and you'll have a QB to play. I'll take the loss with a bye week QB.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Braksgirl posted:

This is actually the best way to draft a fantasy team.

- Draft the best players avail, gently caress where their byes are

- Lose the one (or two) games as a consequence but at least your'e not shouldering one big name bye every week.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Just a friendly reminder that the great purge is keeping track of who's being active.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSIjZ2F-eDQ

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

My QB situation is fine. I've made something work.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

jabro posted:

It came with the magazine subscription that I bought for my kid's baseball team fundraiser.

I've been stringing along free magazine subscriptions from different rewards points I never use so it's been free for me for a couple years now.

So, uh, anybody got a QB available for next week?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 3, 2013

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
My opponent this week in the 20 has the QB and an RB that I own in my big money league. Go Wasian, kick my rear end

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

tadashi posted:

I've been stringing along free magazine subscriptions from different rewards points I never use so it's been free for me for a couple years now.

I have this Blaine Gabbert

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

seventeen posted:

My opponent this week in the 20 has the QB and an RB that I own in my big money league. Go Wasian, kick my rear end

I own absolutely none of your players in my other leagues so I shall do my best :thumbsup:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

seventeen posted:

I realize this would never happen, but I'd love to make this a pay league.

If for no other reason but greed.

BUt I knw a lot of y'all don't have the money for that, so don't panic.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

tadashi posted:

Geno Smith's available since like my entire team has a week 9 bye anyway.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

I realize this would never happen, but I'd love to make this a pay league.

If for no other reason but greed.

BUt I knw a lot of y'all don't have the money for that, so don't panic.

Weren't you supposed to make a trophy at one time?

This league deserves the most resplendent of trophies.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I vote for money league next season. I want it to feel even worse when I'm winless through the first five weeks.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Weren't you supposed to make a trophy at one time?

This league deserves the most resplendent of trophies.

Yeah, I actually recently thought about doing a plaque because it'd be the easiest way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

JetsGuy posted:

Yeah, I actually recently thought about doing a plaque because it'd be the easiest way to do it.

I would gladly pony up $5-$10 bucks a year to contribute to a trophy fund.

• Locked thread