Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I sure hope this is the place to put this new single from Within Temptation, because it sure as gently caress needs to go somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6MpsDPKts

Dat vocal solo. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Shamed posted:

If it makes you feel better, Australia have had the best demo release this year so far with Bastardizer's Demo(n)s Unleashed.

Plus, you always have Evil Invaders. Was jealous as hell of that lineup this year. I'm sure next year will have even more filthy disgusting Venom worship. The best kind of worship.

I haven't been to an Evil Invaders since the first one, really slack. Never heard of the last band, must be ultra new.

Now, regarding comeback albums, the latest Satan and Carcass albums may just hit the top of the list for this year. Wow.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Rime posted:

I sure hope this is the place to put this new single from Within Temptation, because it sure as gently caress needs to go somewhere:

That sounds pretty loving awesome. There's only a few tracks of Within Temptation that I like, this is one of them.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Houseplant posted:

Lyric video from the title track "Fire on the Mountain": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmtBeUA8cTA

This loving rules. Especially since I love war history.

Rime posted:

Yeah, heard this yesterday. This is a good, catchy song. Sharon den Adel is one of my favourite female vocalists, and it's cool to hear her doing a duetto with Tarja. And, well, it's cool to hear Tarja too, as I haven't listened to old Nightwish in ages and don't really care about her solo stuff. The part with her vocal solo is really good, and I also love the buildup towards the end of the song.
WT do have a lot of mediocrity in their discoography, but the previous album The Unforgiving was a really solid piece of (let's be honest here) pop metal. Here's hoping the upcoming one is as good.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Alan from Primordial is on vocal duties for Twilight of the Gods? Sold sold and sold again! The rest of the band sound pretty awesome too but sometimes you just have to fanboy. News of this completely slipped under my radar but that track has put them on my must buy list.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

DroneRiff posted:

Alan from Primordial is on vocal duties for Twilight of the Gods? Sold sold and sold again! The rest of the band sound pretty awesome too but sometimes you just have to fanboy. News of this completely slipped under my radar but that track has put them on my must buy list.

Speaking of Alan, have you heard Indoctrine by Blood Revolt while you're at it?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I received an album for review by a band called Iron Mask.

I'm not sure if the cover is terrible, awesome, or both at the same time.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Non Serviam posted:

No worse than the typography or the album title itself.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
New Conducting from the Grave is streaming on Bandcamp here: http://conductingfromthegrave.bandcamp.com/

Sounds much more like When Legends Become Dust than Revenants which is a good thing

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Non Serviam posted:

Well at least it's kinda-sorta slightly subtle about using the tired-as-gently caress teal and orange colour scheme. And using such an unpretentious, honest cartoony style is kinda fresh.
Is the music any good?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
The new Atlantean Kodex album is awesome. If you like Candlemass/epic doom/heavy metal, you 100% want it in your life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0KYpbiatcI

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Read some older pages because I thought the Tyr album had not been discussed. It's awesome. It's everything this music should be.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Non Serviam posted:

Why are there cock rings on those two stalagmites in the background?

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Houseplant posted:

So has anyone had a chance to listen to the leak from Twilight of the Gods?

http://www.season-of-mist.com/bands/twilight-of-the-gods

I heard the live set was so-so considering it was all Bathory covers, but I am definitely curious to hear an original album.

Lyric video from the title track "Fire on the Mountain": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmtBeUA8cTA

Ninja edit: Those falsettos: :black101:

This poo poo is awesome! I heard it...or a few tracks anyway...in December.
Stoked that this is a finished product.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

I sort of like the art style there. Not the art itself but the style seems ok. Brings back memories of liking Iced Earth. The font on the album title though? What the gently caress were they thinking?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Non Serviam posted:

I saw it and thought it was a Sonata Arctica album cover. Make of that what you will.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

DroneRiff posted:

I sort of like the art style there. Not the art itself but the style seems ok. Brings back memories of liking Iced Earth. The font on the album title though? What the gently caress were they thinking?

Better use of Papyrus font than the Lamb of God logo :v:

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

comes along bort posted:

Why are there cock rings on those two stalagmites in the background?

They had to put something cool on there

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

DroneRiff posted:

Well at least it isn't loving Morpheus. God drat I hate that stupid loving font so much.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.
Goddamn the new Castevet track rules...this is going to be even better than Mounds of Ash.
https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/castevet-as-fathomed-by

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Nordick posted:

Well at least it isn't loving Morpheus. God drat I hate that stupid loving font so much.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Non Serviam posted:

He's wearing a corset and his scythe is backwards.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Sort of off topic, but do any of you people use Last.FM? I've been using it lately to find new bands. Seems pretty cool. I feel like it has dropped out of popularity though, as seriously nobody I know in real life is using it, and it seems like the SA group there has been dead for a long rear end time.
But it's still a solid resource for finding new bands to listen to. My only real exposure to new metal bands or bands I haven't heard of is this thread, the black metal thread, and last.fm.

Anything else I should be using?

Dirt fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 2, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dirt posted:

Sort of off topic, but do any of you people use Last.FM? I've been using it lately to find new bands. Seems pretty cool. I feel like it has dropped out of popularity though, as seriously nobody I know in real life is using it, and it seems like the SA group there has been dead for a long rear end time.
But it's still a solid resource for finding new bands to listen to. My only real exposure to new metal bands or bands I haven't heard of is this thread, the black metal thread, and last.fm.

This is gonna sound stupid, but if you have an iPhone iTunes Radio is actually not that bad at certain genres of metal, I was pleasantly surprised. You have to set the station to "Discovery" instead of "Hits". Still though, even the "Hits" can be stuff like Agalloch and Alcest which is probably below the radar of people who don't post about metal on the internet.

Sometimes they give you a complete mismatch but you can skip songs so it's not that bad. As you start telling it what you like and dislike it'll start to learn what you want to hear next.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
New Protest the Hero song is out and it's pretty killer. Along with the first, this album is looking incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPd_WEMrLM

Jadea Kelly (from Kezia, etc) is on both new tracks and really kills it.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Rime posted:

Holy poo poo. It's lowest-common-denominator riffage and really just the chorus over and over again but I didn't hate it. And I will forever and forever say that I have never liked anything else Tarja Turunen has sung on.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Dirt posted:

Last.fm helped me find bands like Timeghoul, Aspid and Coroner, so it's not that bad. I'd say it's not as useful for recs as rateyourmusic's lists and rec function, but definitely a worthwhile site.
What's your last.fm? I'd be glad to talk with fellow metal fans.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Gamma Nerd posted:

Last.fm helped me find bands like Timeghoul, Aspid and Coroner, so it's not that bad. I'd say it's not as useful for recs as rateyourmusic's lists and rec function, but definitely a worthwhile site.
What's your last.fm? I'd be glad to talk with fellow metal fans.

This is my profile.

Always looking for more friends to creep on their library for new bands.

PS other metal goons, feel free to add me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This is gonna sound stupid, but if you have an iPhone iTunes Radio is actually not that bad at certain genres of metal, I was pleasantly surprised. You have to set the station to "Discovery" instead of "Hits". Still though, even the "Hits" can be stuff like Agalloch and Alcest which is probably below the radar of people who don't post about metal on the internet.

Sometimes they give you a complete mismatch but you can skip songs so it's not that bad. As you start telling it what you like and dislike it'll start to learn what you want to hear next.

That's pretty cool, but sadly I have an android phone :(

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
is GWAR still worth seeing for $20?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

nuncle jimbo posted:

You forgot to factor in the cost of a poncho

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

nuncle jimbo posted:

Hell yes and the new album is amazing.

Shamed
Feb 14, 2012

One thousand credits is my humble price

Bottom Liner posted:

New Protest the Hero song is out and it's pretty killer. Along with the first, this album is looking incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPd_WEMrLM

Jadea Kelly (from Kezia, etc) is on both new tracks and really kills it.

False. Crush them.

On an Infiltrator related note, the dude's other band, Trenchrot, came out with a demo this year. It owns.

Also, anyone checked out Cultemort's La Messe du Diables demo this year? It absolutely slays.

Anyway, my last.fm user name is ShamedM. Feel free to add me and stuff.

edit because i'm stupid and forgot to ask: Is anyone else going to a Sabbatrinity World Tour date? I mean, if you're not going, you should probably seriously reevaluate your life. This is Sabbat. I'm going to the NYC date on October 13th. Villains, Antichrist, and Natur are opening. The night before it I'm going to a show in Philly where Antichrist, Villains, and Horrendous are playing. :black101:

Satan bressa you!

Shamed fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 2, 2013

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Rime posted:

Sounds only slighty better than some Eurovision metal entries of recent years.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Didn't realize you had an SA account Shamed.
my last.fm account if anyone cares.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

henpod posted:

Sounds only slighty better than some Eurovision metal entries of recent years.

Yeah. Their earlier stuff wasn't ground-breaking or anything but it was good; Within Temptation might as well be Evanescense at this point though, which is ironic since 10 years ago when I first heard them they were constantly mis-tagged as that crappy band. The first 2 albums are fun though.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

nuncle jimbo posted:

Absolutely.

I saw them on election night and they decapitated Obama and Romney on stage.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
http://www.avclub.com/articles/gwar-covers-billy-ocean,93870/

Speaking of in case anyone hasn't seen it, GWAR covering Billy Ocean's Get Outta My Dreams. Should've done Caribbean Queen instead but still pretty funny.

And yeah $20 is a fair deal to see them live.

Misogynist posted:

You forgot to factor in the cost of a poncho

Just pick up a cheap white t-shirt or an inspirational shirt from your local megachurch. No need to go all front row at a Gallagher show.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

nuncle jimbo posted:

Gwar is always worth seeing. New album rules and is going to make for a hell of a stage show.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Turisas - Ten More Miles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgsqSBHA6M

I don't even know anymore with this band. The video itself is definitely interesting, but the music is just ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Last.fm you say? http://www.last.fm/user/TheWolven

Now you can see how over represented Arch Enemy is in my stats. I swear it's just because the times I've listened most to Arch Enemy are the times I've remembered to enable Last.fm.