Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
We'd spend an hour deciding what to play and what the rules are.

I want to play Horse and Piggies (Cubbies). Volleys and headers are free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Whoever lost had to stand in the goal facing away from everyone whilst everyone else had one chance to blast the ball at them as hard as possible.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Intergortion posted:

Whoever lost had to stand in the goal facing away from everyone whilst everyone else had one chance to blast the ball at them as hard as possible.

Same, except they had to bend over so we could blast the ball at the rear end.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

We had something called jamaican rules, so when you hit him you take a couple steps forward and repeat. Could only get three shots assuming you hit the bloke every time.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Puseklepp posted:

Same, except they had to bend over so we could blast the ball at the rear end.

Yeah same. We called it Hot Arse or Arse Kick

edit: and if you lost games back to back the arse-penalties got closer and closer

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

atomic gog posted:

Yeah same. We called it Hot Arse or Arse Kick

Redass.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
We sometimes played so if the ball went on the pavement that was a throw-in. But if the ball bounced off the curb then that was ok. But this was only when we managed to get all the houses on the road playing a game, so like 10 lads all running around after the ball like a pack of dogs. Funny how the road seems to big and wide and then you visit your parents' house.... :(

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

FA doubles were always a laugh

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bum raps

TelekineticBear! posted:

FA doubles were always a laugh

"I'll be Liverpool!"

Maybe we should start a thread for nostalgic child football games or something.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Relevant classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Www7g4EkM

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Freestyle football owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEBO9DfBUbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRosx6zouI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xdFZM6nq8

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
There was a guy in Amsterdam who did this stuff on the street. Not sure if he's still there, not been in years. Anybody seen him?

He was great. There's a bit about him in Brilliant Orange. Apparently he was signed by some club, but just couldn't function as part of a team, sadly.

Smarf
Mar 21, 2004

Arsehole!!!!

Mickolution posted:

There was a guy in Amsterdam who did this stuff on the street. Not sure if he's still there, not been in years. Anybody seen him?

He was great. There's a bit about him in Brilliant Orange. Apparently he was signed by some club, but just couldn't function as part of a team, sadly.

He was still there about a year ago. He threw a hissy fit when someone tried to record him and he refused to continue his performance until the guy stopped recording, hah.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Smarf posted:

He was still there about a year ago. He threw a hissy fit when someone tried to record him and he refused to continue his performance until the guy stopped recording, hah.

Yeah, I remember taking a photo of him and he stopped for a second. Mustn't like having his photo taken, fair enough. I'm going over there next month, hope he's still there.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
My favorite freestyling footballer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SJquH7UXHw

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

tbp posted:

My favorite freestyling footballer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SJquH7UXHw

nice to see neil shipperly is still in his prime.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

rear end cobra posted:

You lose and get to sit behind the goal and see whoever hasn't lost all their points battle it out. A perfect time to invoke rule #10.

Edit: Here, have the wiki:

Mmmm. That's missing the part where every player gets to kick the keeper in the rear end after they score 25 points.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Reading players turn team photo into tribute for Jem Karacan, who had his leg fed into a wood chipper by Leeds and is expected to be out for a year

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
motherfuck are we back at this again?

Anyway,

1909, First known photo of a football match between two clubs of the Faroe Islands. HB Tórshavn (white arms) won 3-1 over TB Tvøroyri.

From Wikipedia.

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Oct 4, 2013

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

fixed ahahahaha

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Wilshere taking football back to the 1930s

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Uh oh, Wengy hates smoking.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Yohan Kebab posted:

fixed ahahahaha

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Someone help me out here.
So he tweeted that picture as some kind of "hey look, even one of the greatest players of all time smoked!" justification, but then he goes on to say that he doesn't smoke..even though photographic evidence exists that he does?

:psyduck:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

A friend asked him to hold the cigarette and he needed both hands to txt so was holding the cigarette in his mouth until his friend returned. It's not even a 'real' cigarette it's an electronic one. He was txting the friend who asked him to hold it because it was then 3am and he had been waiting for him to return for five hours and was concerned about his safety.

It's all a big misunderstanding really.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Dunban posted:

Someone help me out here.
So he tweeted that picture as some kind of "hey look, even one of the greatest players of all time smoked!" justification, but then he goes on to say that he doesn't smoke..even though photographic evidence exists that he does?

:psyduck:

Jack Wilshere is proper loving thick

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
It makes sense if you look at it like accusing a player of eating badly and then they tweeted "Usain bolt eats X y and z, but regardless Im eating healthy anyway so it doesn't matter"

Still he was photographed anyway so

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
A person who has smoked is not necessarily a person who smokes. Hth.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Maybe he is being a gentleman and holding it for a young lady.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Wilshere is an idiot, we all knew that.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I wonder if there are any pics of Maradona doing coke for when the next Jack Wilshere oops picture comes out...

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
I have smoked a cigarette on numerous occasions. I do not, however, 'smoke'.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Paperhouse posted:

I wonder if there are any pics of Maradona doing coke for when the next Jack Wilshere oops picture comes out...

Also...

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Piers Morgan tweeted Wilshere this morning warning him he'll never be as good as Maradona unless he stops smoking. (he genuinely phrased it "final warning")

The man's loving moron.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Wilshere didn't inhale it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's clearly just trying to pull the blonde. Fair play to the dad.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Reminder that Chamakh got evicted from Arsenal because he smoked shisha.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ravel posted:

Reminder that Chamakh got evicted from Arsenal because he smoked shisha.

No he didn't. It was more to do with him being poo poo. And possibly that prostitution he may or may not have been involved with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sircozzie posted:

Piers Morgan tweeted Wilshere this morning warning him he'll never be as good as Maradona unless he stops smoking. (he genuinely phrased it "final warning")

The man's loving moron.

I know we all hate Piers Morgan, but the guy was clearly joking. He linked two pictures of Maradona and Cruyff smoking.

• Locked thread