Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Nah, people obviously want Acid Storm instead. I mean, who doesn't want to spend $75 on a masterpiece figure that takes up a good deal of shelf space of some non-character who appeared in one episode for 30 seconds that nobody but the most hardcore fans have ever heard of? Let's make a ton of them and sell 'em at mass retail!

Yep, looks like they made another Transformer that's gonna wind up on the Island of Misfit Toys this Christmas.

Seekers are great, don't you want to collect them all?

[ ] White
[ ] Red
[ ] Orange
[ ] Yellow
[ ] Green
[X] Blue
[ ] Purple
[ ] Brown
[X] Black
[ ] Gray
[ ] Transparent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Still hoping, years later, for a Ramjet Retool.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Nah, people obviously want Acid Storm instead. I mean, who doesn't want to spend $75 on a masterpiece figure that takes up a good deal of shelf space of some non-character who appeared in one episode for 30 seconds that nobody but the most hardcore fans have ever heard of? Let's make a ton of them and sell 'em at mass retail!

The other two Rainmakers don't even have official names, and I'm assuming Acid Storm didn't either up until his Classics release.

e: in better seeker related news, Generations will feature a new Armada Starscream

catch22 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 3, 2013

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Podges posted:

I wish I had a better quality version of this image but someone pointed this conversation out from a previous issue.

Such a hilarious little detail to call back to.

Hey, have a better quality:

You said James Roberts is doing some book-signing in Manchester? I got a friend who might want to go for me, but I can't seem to find any information about this signing. Where and when is it?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Oh god I hate that I live in New Zealand. I would love to meet the guy :swoon:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Prowl has arrived

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
How does it feel, compared to a Binaltech? In general, how is the scale compared to that line, as well?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It's smaller than a binaltech/alternator. It is in scale with recent MP's like MP10 Optimus, Soundwave and Sideswipe/Red Alert.

As far as feel goes, the MPs (aside from megatron) all feel solid to me. I can't compare it to a binaltech's feel, I only have the alternator versions.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 4, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I have the Binaltech versions, and while obviously the current MP cars are not as heavy as a Binaltech, they are far superior in terms of engineering. The MPs also hang together better and don't suffer from floppy parts as often as Binaltechs, although again this is partly due to being more lightweight.

I don't really see much point in comparing them, honestly. Even as someone who was brought back into serious TF collecting by way of the Binaltech line, they're trying to do very different things with the same basic concept. Binaltech was cool at the time because of the approximations of the G1 characters some of the figures pulled off. The current MPs are the G1 characters, and achieve that goal through extremely clever engineering that may or may not have been possible in the Binaltech days. Would I trade in my Binaltechs for new MPs? Probably not, I love the Binaltech line too much. Would I ignore the MPs for not being Binaltech equivalents? Hell no, they're amazing.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 4, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Joe Fisto posted:

Prowl has arrived

I got a message from my delivery app that te UPS man was by my house already, but is gonna take the weekend off and try again Monday.

Because work.

I'm so jealous.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Nilryna posted:

It's killing me to wait for the prototype pictures. I have to see how awesome it is. I mean, it's not like they can gently caress it up... right? ...Right, guys?

EDIT:

Also, I'm trying to get some extra cash for a 3DS, so I went through my stash of TFs. Out of 3 bins of figures, this is what I could part with. Very random, and apparently I hate jets now? Any reasonable offer will be considered because I hate dealing with TF sperglords on eBay and such.

How much shipped for Skullgrin shipped to New England States region of the US? Also exactly what is wrong with the little Huffer? He was one of my first Tfs bought back on my birthday from a Benny's in 1984? On a tablet so its hard to tell. Edit. Oh. No arm. Poor Huffer. :(

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Well I finally put batteries in my Metroplex and I've got to say I'm disappointed. An industrial noise and one phrase? The Helipcopter Megatron I have I got for £5 has 3 phrases/noises. Metroplex still loving rules though, given the biggest thing I have next to him is G1 Predaking and that comes up to his knee.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

Well I finally put batteries in my Metroplex and I've got to say I'm disappointed. An industrial noise and one phrase?

Uh, Metroplex has something like 7 phrases and a bunch of tech sounds. What phrase?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Makes a 10 second industrial noise and then says 'He heeds the call of the last Prime' and it's a mare hitting the chest button to make him say that too. Am I missing something?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

Makes a 10 second industrial noise and then says 'He heeds the call of the last Prime' and it's a mare hitting the chest button to make him say that too. Am I missing something?

Maybe yours is broken? Where did you get it?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

If he's Canadian the voice chip on that one was neutered significantly.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

From Kapow Toys in the UK. Instructions look like a US version. Doesn't look like the button contacts are that great either.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Goldskull posted:

From Kapow Toys in the UK. Instructions look like a US version. Doesn't look like the button contacts are that great either.

If there's no other languages on the box, it's a US version. A 10 second noise sounds like you have a busted chip. The international version has no English phrases, just noises.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I don't have the box anymore, hitting the chest button makes a significant 'transform/industrial' noise, hitting it again he speaks the 'Last prime' phrase and that's it for noises. And his eyes/chest flash.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Another possibility: bad battery connection. When I first got mine, it would only occasionally make any noise at all, and usually just the first of the set. Most of the time, hitting the button did nothing, but I fixed it all with a chunk of tin foil stuffed in the battery compartment, just like we did back in the 80s.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?prodFindSrc=cart&productId=20083786

Masterpiece Soundwave is up for sale on TRU.ca for any Canadian goons who still don't have one.

I'm tempted but I've gotta stay strong in my resolve to only buy Autobot masterpieces.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Seattle/Portland goons: Metro is at the Portland and Vancouver area Costcos and the Southcenter Costco.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Iced Cocoa posted:

Hey, have a better quality:

You said James Roberts is doing some book-signing in Manchester? I got a friend who might want to go for me, but I can't seem to find any information about this signing. Where and when is it?

Thanks! And I'm still working things out for the signing, the guys seem to be pretty busy so we've not managed to sort out flights yet. But if it's on it'll be the first Saturday in November at Travelling Man. If not November then I think we'll rearrange for the new year.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

Another possibility: bad battery connection. When I first got mine, it would only occasionally make any noise at all, and usually just the first of the set. Most of the time, hitting the button did nothing, but I fixed it all with a chunk of tin foil stuffed in the battery compartment, just like we did back in the 80s.

Ah the old school solution. I'll try that, the back battery compartment seems a bit loose anyway despite me screwing it in as far as I can.

In other news, MP Smokescreen ordered because Smokescreen rules. Still waiting to see pics of MP Wheeljack, couldn't care less about the Bumblebee.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wait, MP Wheeljack?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yup, MP-20
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-transformers-masterpiece-mp20-and-mp21-announced-wheeljack-and-bumblebee/27621/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh hey, I remember now. We were all 'what's Bumblebee gonna turn into?'

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh hey, I remember now. We were all 'what's Bumblebee gonna turn into?'

I will laugh so hard if that Bumblebee turns out to be a middle finger to the fans Camaro Bumblebee. The meltdowns on TFW will be amazing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe he'll be a Suzuki Swift again like the Alternity version. How is that one anyway?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The MSJ posted:

Maybe he'll be a Suzuki Swift again like the Alternity version. How is that one anyway?

Not great. Fussy transformation, terrible feet, and fat (even for a bumblebee).

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
There's gonna be no such thing as a mainline MP Bumblebee that doesn't turn into a VW Beetle. Anything else just isn't happening given the line's current direction.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Other posted:

There's gonna be no such thing as a mainline MP Bumblebee that doesn't turn into a VW Beetle. Anything else just isn't happening given the line's current direction.

I hope he has penny racer proportions. I don't see how a normally proportioned VW is going to turn into the G1 version of Bumblebee. The EJ Su version works much better for an actual VW.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Captain Rufus posted:

How much shipped for Skullgrin shipped to New England States region of the US? Also exactly what is wrong with the little Huffer? He was one of my first Tfs bought back on my birthday from a Benny's in 1984? On a tablet so its hard to tell. Edit. Oh. No arm. Poor Huffer. :(

You mean Bludgeon? I don't have Skullgrin, although I kind of wish I did... I'm trying to get $22 for Bludgeon, if you're still interested.

Yeah, the arm is missing on Huffer. It's tragic. :( I think I'm actually going to put the broken ones on eBay as a lot for parts--cause who can complain about broken TFs? ...well, there's obviously the chance someone will, but come on...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Absolutely. Broken TF lots sell great on eBay, I can attest to that. Just make sure you mark them clearly as 'For Parts/Spares'.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

catch22 posted:

I hope he has penny racer proportions. I don't see how a normally proportioned VW is going to turn into the G1 version of Bumblebee. The EJ Su version works much better for an actual VW.

This is actually what I was wondering. I know that Takara does miracles with enginnering on the MPs, but how are they going to take a VW and make a Bumblebee that's the correct scale with the rest of the MPs? Wouldn't he have to be shorter than Sideswipe?

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Arsenal_12 posted:

This is actually what I was wondering. I know that Takara does miracles with enginnering on the MPs, but how are they going to take a VW and make a Bumblebee that's the correct scale with the rest of the MPs? Wouldn't he have to be shorter than Sideswipe?

MP Bumblebee is just going to be G1 Bumblebee in a nicer box. :suicide:

The_Doctor posted:

Absolutely. Broken TF lots sell great on eBay, I can attest to that. Just make sure you mark them clearly as 'For Parts/Spares'.

Good to know. I wouldn't have figured people would want broken TFs at all, really. But I guess there are customizers and such.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
There's also the guys that either break them down and sell individual parts or combine multiple junkers to build a mintish one for a profit.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Arsenal_12 posted:

That's going to be an interesting choice on their part. If they keep the car modes to scale with one another, Bumblebee will be huge, because a Type 1 VW Beetle is only an inch or two shorter than a Lamborghini Countach. The Nissan brothers should be about 12 inches longer than Sideswipe in car mode, but I have them in robot mode right now so I can't check. If Bumblebee is car scale, the very nature of his transformation is going to make him tower over the other two in robot mode. I have to think they'll either squish the car mode down or maybe work up some very clever folding tricks that don't require extending Bumblebee's legs but just collapse the car parts around a smaller robot frame.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Nilryna posted:

You mean Bludgeon? I don't have Skullgrin, although I kind of wish I did... I'm trying to get $22 for Bludgeon, if you're still interested.

Yeah, the arm is missing on Huffer. It's tragic. :( I think I'm actually going to put the broken ones on eBay as a lot for parts--cause who can complain about broken TFs? ...well, there's obviously the chance someone will, but come on...

I was on tablet. It looked like Skullgrin. I already have Bludgeon still sealed. And Banzaitron. So my samurai tank mold needs are well
covered right now. My bad. Should have looked closer. It looked black and like the Skullgrin/Darkmount mold.

But just to add some actual TF content:

What does everyone think of the possible Overlord Kabaya kit? (Possible because the mockup art has the Fort Max kit photos on it still.)

I haven't yet assembled my Fort Max (debating if I want to keep it Fort Max colors, or go for a Grand or Brave scheme. gently caress minipla stickers.)
so no idea how it will be but 30 bucks for the full kit is a tad pricey but gives a near IDW/modern Deluxe scale toy to fit in with MTME comics..

Also are there good sites on TF customizing? I got a loose but mint Energon Starscream and am debating using this second one to maybe custom a
Slipstream out of him, or a Deluxe version of one of my Kreo minifig extra builds. (Mile High. She is a Primeverse seeker. Who talks French.)

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Peter Bazooka posted:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?prodFindSrc=cart&productId=20083786

Masterpiece Soundwave is up for sale on TRU.ca for any Canadian goons who still don't have one.

I'm tempted but I've gotta stay strong in my resolve to only buy Autobot masterpieces.

gently caress me, right? -- I can't figure out how to get the Canadian TRU to ship to US.

Is there any Canadian goodhearted goon that could get one and ship it to me? if so, drop me a note at (see later post)

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 7, 2013