Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bang this in your ears.

http://pitchfork.com/advance/224-is-survived-by/

loving finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

This is fantastic and exactly what I wanted from them. The use of melody on this album is top notch. The last couple of songs seem reflective of the sound they went for on Gravity, Metaphorically, and given how much I loved that track, I'm really glad there's more of that style here. I'm also glad that they still have songs in their older style present as well, it's a great mix of the two IMO. I can't wait to hear this stuff live.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Deathwish just sent out download links for the album, too.

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

My question is, is DNA about trying to get laid, or familial burdens?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_71 posted:

Deathwish just sent out download links for the album, too.

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

My question is, is DNA about trying to get laid, or familial burdens?

I've never in my life spent a whole year being antsy in anticipation of a single album and holy poo poo it has not let me down. This is absolutely fantastic. I'm so happy I preordered the hard cover vinyl.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Akileese posted:

I've never in my life spent a whole year being antsy in anticipation of a single album and holy poo poo it has not let me down. This is absolutely fantastic. I'm so happy I preordered the hard cover vinyl.

I grabbed the deluxe edition too, and yeah, the past few weeks have been impossible to deal with the anticipation for this album.

The last three tracks make me want to cry in a good way.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Waiting until my copy arrives tomorrow before I listen to it. God drat are deathwish always on top of things.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new Stray From the Path is streaming. It's a bit broey and some of the lyrics are embarrassing, but it's fun turn-your-brain-off kind of stuff. RIYL Rage Against the Machine and Every Time I Die.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Oh man the title track on the new TA tape

I knew when I heard that riff in the teaser a while back that that would be my favorite song

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 19, 2013

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I knew when I heard that riff in the teaser a while back that that would be my favorite song

That's how I feel about Non Fiction, too. I watched that preview over and over and over with the same 30 seconds of song in it.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Traitorous Leopard posted:

The album is growing on me a lot and I really like it, but that riff is definitely the best thing on the whole album.

Packaging on this is loving awesome. Even the paper dust sleeve thing matches the color of the artwork and vinyl!

the Paper
Aug 12, 2003

SUP GANGSTA BRUTHAS. I BE DA BIGGEST PIMP IN DA HOOD

Kevar posted:

The album is growing on me a lot and I really like it, but that riff is definitely the best thing on the whole album.

Packaging on this is loving awesome. Even the paper dust sleeve thing matches the color of the artwork and vinyl!

I think it's a tossup between the riff on Is Survived By and the one near the end of DNA, but god drat I'm really enjoying this album. Did not disappoint.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My favorite musical moment on the album is the little drum fill that comes right after the second "Please stay here tonight" in DNA. I kind of wish that they had mixed that track more like the live performance they posted, where there's pretty much nothing but the drums right there.

Spliff
Sep 16, 2005

i love choking myself when i cum.

This poo poo is gonna be insane.

TBHC stand up

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Sugar Blaster posted:

I don't care what the group consensus is, there's a new Saves the Day album out and even though I'm probably blinded by my unconditional love for anything Chris Conley releases, I adore it.

I share your love for both the album and everything else this guy has done. The only artist I can think of that has never let me down.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Wrote a little something about the new Touche Amore album over on the Mishka blog here

I'm completely blown away by it and it gets better every time I listen to it. PS - I know I fudged up and called this their second full length meanwhile it's their third.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I keep getting impressed with the thematic continuity between PTSBBAM and Is Survived By.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

So Limpwrist is going to play in Toronto in a few months. I really hope to be able to see them when they play.

http://exclaim.ca/News/torontos_not_dead_yet_fest_ropes_in_limp_wrist_left_for_dead_mind_eraser_for_2013_edition

In other news ASSUCK still loving rules.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Every Time I Die just announced a tour with letlive. and Code Orange Kids. I'm so down for the Cleveland date.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Man Take this to your Grave's ten year aniversery is comeing up. I feel old....

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

AcidRonin posted:

I feel really old whenever I think about when "The Colour and the Shape" came out, even though it's less applicable to this thread.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

AcidRonin posted:

There's a really good article on the making of TTTYG in the newest issue of Alternative Press.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I really have no idea where else to put this, but the new Melt-Banana is streaming over at Spin and it's pretty great: http://www.spin.com/articles/melt-banana-fetch-a-zap-records-interview-album-stream/

Also, what did you guys think of the new Into It. Over It.?

5-meo-catte
Apr 23, 2012

caffeine
you're all that I wanted in a girl
you're all that I need in the world
I'm quite enjoying New Model Army's latest, "Between Dog And Wolf". This single has been out for a little while but since the album is out now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDNNYE744SI

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys
I'm frankly astounded New Model Army still exists. I never would have thought that until now.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Eight Is Legend posted:

There's a really good article on the making of TTTYG in the newest issue of Alternative Press.

yea i read that and i actually hate Pete Wentz a little more now. I don't know if you've read it but IIRC, its basically Pete saying "Yea i was a hardcore kid but i wanted to make money so I started a pop-punk band". I realize it's horribly cliché of me to hate on a musician for wanting money but it almost seems like that was his whole purpose....

Also that whole "your-new-single-and-Panics'-are-the-same-loving-song-i-swear-to-god" thing.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
I caught Self Defense Family at Saint Vitus last night. Besides being good as hell as normal, they played a couple new songs and they were seriously dope. The new LP will be something brilliant.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nitevision posted:

I caught Self Defense Family at Saint Vitus last night. Besides being good as hell as normal, they played a couple new songs and they were seriously dope. The new LP will be something brilliant.

I'm really hoping video surfaces of this show or something cuz I was really bummed at not being able to go.

I also would've liked to have seen the opening live podcast done by one of the dudes in the band, as they are funny as hell.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently Chris Dodge of Despise You and SPAZZ has prostate cancer. Anyone heard about this?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AcidRonin posted:

Pete saying "Yea i was a hardcore kid but i wanted to make money so I started a pop-punk band".
Well it worked, good for him.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

AcidRonin posted:

"Yea i was a hardcore kid but i wanted to make money so I started a pop-punk band".

This is like hardcore kid 101. See also: New Found Glory and probably any pop punk band started after the members were in high school

Nitevision posted:

Lucky bastard. Deathwish needs to just take my money already. I want this LP yesterday.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Kevar posted:

This is like hardcore kid 101. See also: New Found Glory and probably any pop punk band started after the members were in high school

Yeah but NFG is actually good :v: (controversial opinions itc whatever, I just have a ridiculous soft spot for that band for whatever reason)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Total reach/shot in the dark, but does anybody happen to have a line on a spare ticket for the Oct 9 Touche Amore/United Nations/Saddest Landscape show in Brooklyn?

A friend of mine is hoping to get in but that thing sold out fast.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So, this is looking to be a pretty sweet fall for tours...

quote:

10/1/2013 San Diego, CA @ Che Cafe
10/2/2013 Riverside, CA @ Blood Orange
10/3/2013 San Fran, CA @ 654 House
10/4/2013 Oakland, CA @ Casa De Kitty
10/5/2013 Redding, CA @ Pastry House
10/6/2013 Portland, OR @ Slabtown
10/7/2013 Vancouver, BC, Canada @ Rainbow Connection
10/8/2013 Seattle, WA @ Black Lodge
10/9/2013 Boise, ID @ The Crux
10/10/2013 Salt Lake City, UT
10/11/2013 Denver, CO @ Mutiny Now Books
10/12/2013 Kansas City, MO
10/13/2013 St. Louis, MO
10/14/2013 Chicago, IL @ Gnarnia
10/15/2013 Kalamazoo, MI @ The Millhouse
10/16/2013 Grand Rapids, MI
10/17/2013 Pittsburg, PA @ The Spot
10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY @ Suburbia w/ The Jazz June
10/19/2013 Brooklyn, NY @ St, Vitus Bar w/ Braid, The Jazz June
10/20/2013 Boston, MA @ Roggie’s
10/21/2013 Montreal, Canada @ Stack Your Roster HQ
10/22/2013 Ottawa, Canada @ Luneta Cafe
10/23/2013 Toronto, Canada @ Skramden Yard
10/24/2013 Akron, OH @ The Happy Dog
10/25/2013 Philadelphia, PA @ The Sad Girl*
10/26/2013 Burtonsville, MD @ The Hive*
10/27/2013 DC / Richmond, VA*
10/28/2013 Virginia Beach, VA @ How I Beat Shaq*
10/29/2013 Greensboro, NC @ NYP*
10/30/2013 Charleston, SC*
10/31/2013 Gainesville, FL
11/1/2013 Gainesville, FL @ The Wooly
11/2/2013 Gainesville, FL
11/3/2013 Gainesville, FL
11/4/2013 Jacksonville, FL @ Burro Bar
11/5/2013 Tallahassee, FL
11/6/2013 New Orleans, LA @ The Big Top
11/7/2013 Austin TX
11/8/2013 San Antonio, TX @ The Collective
11/9/2013 Fort Worth, TX
11/10/2013 El Paso, TX
11/11/2013 Albuquerque, NM
11/12/2013 Tempe, AZ @ TUF

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

So, this is looking to be a pretty sweet fall for tours...

A band I really enjoy is doing Ottawa :aaaaa:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids but not Detroit?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AcidRonin posted:

I still like that album, I don't know if it's because it's actually solid or just high school nostalgia.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Dickeye posted:

I still like that album, I don't know if it's because it's actually solid or just high school nostalgia.

I'm in the same boat and I'm going to go with high school nostalgia. One of the first shows I ever went to was them opening for some band I can't even remember.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Gonna see Caravels blow up a pizza shop in GSO.

White Lung continues to own: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16120-blow-it-south/

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

From a few pages ago (just catching up on the thread) but seriously, The Smith Street Band is amazing and I basically haven't stopped listening to this EP since it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tnimark posted:

From a few pages ago (just catching up on the thread) but seriously, The Smith Street Band is amazing and I basically haven't stopped listening to this EP since it came out.
They are still touring in the USA I think.