Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

Taken down. What was this?

snippet of kendricks bet cypher verse taking shots at drake that are as blatant as possible without actually saying the dudes name. i think the videos got shut down but the line was "and nothing's been the same since they dropped 'control'/and tucked a sensitive rapper back in his pajama clothes"

also to all you fools who havent listened to stay trippy yet you need to because thats like my fav album of the summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lmao when Kendrick calls you soft

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Teaser of Kendricks BET Cypher.

“And nothin’ been the same since they dropped ‘Control’ / And tucked a sensitive rapper back in his pajama clothes / Ha-ha, jokes on you, high-five, I’m bulletproof / Your poo poo’s a never penetrate, pin the tail on the donkey, boy you been a fake,”

possible drake shots????

No Of course not. But It's far more of a Papoose diss.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Lmao when Kendrick calls you soft

I mean yeah. But when you then later go and do interviews complaining about it and then go on to say you aren't going to do anymore songs with him, when the Song wasn't even a loving diss. You deserve everything you get.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 3, 2013

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

also to all you fools who havent listened to stay trippy yet you need to because thats like my fav album of the summer

Good looks, forgot about this one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"back in his pyjama clothes" is such a poo poo line. what are the highlights on the new camron cos im not getting into it at all, production early in the tape is weak

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

I AM BRAWW posted:

Teaser of Kendricks BET Cypher.

“And nothin’ been the same since they dropped ‘Control’ / And tucked a sensitive rapper back in his pajama clothes / Ha-ha, jokes on you, high-five, I’m bulletproof / Your poo poo’s a never penetrate, pin the tail on the donkey, boy you been a fake,”

possible drake shots????

The highlight (which I didn't notice earlier) was Kendrick using Schoolboy Q as a prop for a corny high-five. I was like 'who is that fat dude in the background?'

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"back in his pyjama clothes" is such a poo poo line. what are the highlights on the new camron cos im not getting into it at all, production early in the tape is weak
Kendrick, like most good rappers, gets away with corny poo poo because he has the right delivery. Nas is the most prolific.

temple fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 4, 2013

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
got that new new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poynOlC9T2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpVKYaCtJY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOXmELcrXg0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74IxsEDRYZk

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
So like, I'm pretty sure Old is better than MNIMN in terms of longevity and innovation but MNIMN feels all sleek and sexy and mainstream I guess so that's cool too. I'd probably rank them
1. Old
2. Nothing Was The Same
3. My Name Is My Name
though.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I just want to say that Lonely leading into Clean Up is the sickest thing ever.

Also Break It bangs. The production on this album is exemplary.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

HoneyBoy posted:

I just want to say that Lonely leading into Clean Up is the sickest thing ever.

I'm a huge fan of these two. All of the Side A beats are fantastic to me.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Why are people hating on the high-five so much? It's a loving BET cypher who cares

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010
That high five was hilarious. Q is the coolest dude in Black Hippy.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
OLD is cool because it exposes people to Paul White, who is crazy good producer with a very unique and hard to define style. He has a lot of strange sounds all swirling around the beat, and he blurs samples with programmed instruments exceptionally well. Loving his drum sounds on this record. His Watch The Ants EP was pretty rad too. It has a Danny Brown feature, of course, but it also has rockin' song with Sean Price on it.

Here is the Danny Brown song, complete with a sick music video. It might be old for some, but this slipped under many people's radar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfwURseLopU

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGMO9eWfjmM

This is like some Diplomatic Immunity poo poo. So is the track with Tity Boi. Hope that full version comes out soon. Ghetto Heaven is objectively better than Old and MNIMN. Killa is back in fine form. Lion Sleeps Tonight sample? Oh hell yeah. Lizzy has got some loving heat.

I had higher expectations for MNIMN, it's good, but not great. S.N.I.T.C.H. is fantastic but I find the production haphazard. I was hoping for an album of King Push/Numbers On The Board's back-to-back-to-back.

Float On is really good I missed that the first go round but Old still not doing it for me. It feels like Danny tried to give everybody what they wanted, versus putting it all on the table with XXX like, "Yo this is how I make an album". Where are the quotables. Rap is about brevity and melody and lines that make you go COT drat.

Nothing Was The Same low key might be looked back on as a classic album. Kendrick has made exactly two hot tracks since Members Only. Drake was right when he told him to get back to making dope projects instead of creating all these Twitter moments for rap nerds with tiny attention spans.

Welp, see ya later.

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 4, 2013

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Turns out all my favorite songs on old are prod by Paul White.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I haven't given the new Killa a proper listen because I'm still hooked on Old but I don't see the hate it was getting minutes after it dropped. There needs to be like a 2 day opinion probation in this thread after stuff drops because everyone gets so caught up calling every good album on first listen the greatest poo poo ever and anything that doesn't immediately grab them in the first 30 seconds of the first 5 songs is trash.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Ayo, if you like the Rustie produced beats off Old (Dope Song, Way Up Here, Break It (Go)) I highly recommend Rustie's album Glass Swords. Apparently Rustie sent Danny 7 tracks. Hopefully we see more of them later, cause those two murder poo poo together.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I never paid any attention to Rich Homie Quan but I downloaded his mixtape on a whim and I'm enjoying it enough. There's a fair amount of skips but I think the good outweigh the bad.

please discuss

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Camron is back

:nws: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhgDrsGv48p7GX0zR0

hype hype hype

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

When is this coming out? apparently its a miniseries?

Also I listened to MNIMN 5-6 times and its not sticking to me as Old does, mostly the production.

farmtrill
Feb 2, 2006

Robert Analog posted:

I haven't given the new Killa a proper listen because I'm still hooked on Old but I don't see the hate it was getting minutes after it dropped. There needs to be like a 2 day opinion probation in this thread after stuff drops because everyone gets so caught up calling every good album on first listen the greatest poo poo ever and anything that doesn't immediately grab them in the first 30 seconds of the first 5 songs is trash.

not to put cam down cause he is probably my fav rapper, but it doesnt exactly take long to digest a camron mixtape and form an opinion on it. to say that you dont understand the hate without giving it a proper listen makes you a symptom of your own complaint. maybe you will think it sucks too after listening to the 18 or so tracks on there. i starts off with a few good ones and slides from there. it shows hints of old cam, the instagram song is cool, but its plagued the same problems everything he has done post crime pays: bad beats, cam sounding progressively sicker and bunged up, reusing the same lines.. cam has tried to recapture the dipset plinky piano and cheesy samples vibe on some of the tracks but it doesnt really work, especially when its followed by those terrible symphonic beats with rapid hi-hats thing and 2 year old throwaways that no one liked when they first leaked. that jungle song is ooooold and used to have vado on it instead of yo gotti.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gucci on that libertarian tip. good video too

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
if y'all liked that young thug track on gucci's ww3 you should check his tape, it's future if he smoked a lotta sherm and got thrown in a washing machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzqnbZEHlZo

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

The Fresh Prince posted:

Ayo, if you like the Rustie produced beats off Old (Dope Song, Way Up Here, Break It (Go)) I highly recommend Rustie's album Glass Swords. Apparently Rustie sent Danny 7 tracks. Hopefully we see more of them later, cause those two murder poo poo together.

Rustie's album is cool because it is a dance record that fucks with you. A bunch of drops are delayed by a couple of beats, which throws the listener off. A few beats are happy to be cheesy, and others never quite hit a danceable beat. Great record.

Just getting around to listening to the latest Flatbush Zombies mixtape. I love how Erick Arc Elliott produces almost all of it. I get a real kick out of big works that have a uniform sound.

Makes up for how uninspired the beats on the last Underachievers mixtape was.

Besson fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 4, 2013

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Besson posted:

Rustie's album is cool because it is a dance record that fucks with you. A bunch of drops are delayed by a couple of beats, which throws the listener off. A few beats are happy to be cheesy, and others never quite hit a danceable beat. Great record.

also recommending glass swords, tied for my fav electronic album with SBTRKT's in 2011. here's a banger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_DXzAYmzg

also its always easy for me to forget how great old aggressive ti was so here is a reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBHJH0dsEN4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

check out rustie live if you get a chance, he drops a lot of hip-hop and his sets are basically non stop bangers. really goood

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Ti is a modern day Ice Cube.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

temple posted:

Ti is a modern day Ice Cube.

By that, do you mean that his street cred now resonates as much as Martha Stewart's? Or the fact that he's been further falling into the pit of irrelevancy since his debut? Seems to me like the only thing he's got to do now is to make a few more questionable acting decisions, and we'd have a dead ringer.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 4, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How could he ever lose street cred for having literal army guns out the rear end? That makes no sense. If anything it makes his songs hit harder.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

RBX posted:

How could he ever lose street cred for having literal army guns out the rear end? That makes no sense. If anything it makes his songs hit harder.

You could say the same about John Popper, honestly. poo poo, the guy even tours with them. Owning guns and using them are two entirely different things.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 4, 2013

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCl2Ro5tGgY

get home safely is gonna bang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_n8k84g5IE

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
The ice cube <-> TI comparison is fairly uncanny but lets not forget just 4 years ago dude got caught trying to buy automatic weapons and suppressors...

This year he's on a Robin Thicke song so i dont een know

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sonny Cheebah posted:

You could say the same about John Popper, honestly. poo poo, the guy even tours with them. Owning guns and using them are two entirely different things.

Let's not go down this road.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Everyone knows its only street to buy guns AND kill people with them you bitch rear end gently caress boys. You all ever heard of rap music before?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

remember when dre rapped about his guns and was like "what, you think i sold them all?" and I guess yeah, he probably did

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
New Waka tape http://www.datpiff.com/Waka-Flocka-From-Roaches-To-Rolex-mixtape.534424.html

I got killers everywhere, they'll find you, you aint Nemo

bars sons

temple
Jul 29, 2006

You know how hard you think Freddie Gibbs and Gucci are? That was Ice Cube except he was probably worse. Ti went from Trouble Man to Bill Cosby. Its interesting.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

temple posted:

You know how hard you think Freddie Gibbs and Gucci are? That was Ice Cube except he was probably worse. Ti went from Trouble Man to Bill Cosby. Its interesting.

The only NWA dude who was actually close to "hard" was Easy-E, don't know what you're going on about. I don't know how much of Gibbs' story is real but Gucci literally shot and killed (at least one) someone, for real. Early Cube rap circles around Gucci but in terms of "realness" or street cred or whatever, Cube's stuff was all coming from studios-basically if Kendrick Lamar actually talked tough.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

temple posted:

You're still not explaining how TI is equal to Bill Cosby. Please I want to read this. I think I have an idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Well you see after being arrested for owning assault rifles that he was stockpiling because he wanted to murder the man who killed his best friend, TI was forced to do community service and puts on a nice face for white people to stay on MTV, despite putting out videos like this

Therefore Bill Cosby.

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 4, 2013

• Locked thread