Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Echo Chamber posted:

I thought the end was mocking the common nerd fantasy of having their childhood bully ending up working for them in some low level job. The "source" is the bullied eighth grader imagining the future.

This never happens. My dark imagination has me believe this future won't really be the case.

I assumed that his dad would actually be one of the 9/11 hijackers.

edit: that's a hell of a new page :jihad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Story Of Small Businessman Struggling Under Obama Administration Draws To Close

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Onion predicts the future once again.

Republicans Stalling Obama's Agenda By Speaking, Moving In Slow Motion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This was great, but as usual the little text stories along the bottom steal the show.

"Will.i.am files lawsuit against all other Wills who are."

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
U.S. On Verge Of Full-Scale Government Hoedown

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

I can't stop laughing

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

They could probably run this every couple months even now. I'm sure most Americans think he's still PM. He's the name that jumps to my mind first and I know it's David Cameron.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
What A Government Shutdown Means For You

:xd:

quote:

• Any harm that may occur to you during the shutdown will still affect your body in real life. Essentially, if you die in the shutdown, you die for real.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

May Contain Nuts posted:

They could probably run this every couple months even now. I'm sure most Americans think he's still PM. He's the name that jumps to my mind first and I know it's David Cameron.

Edit: Actually nvm

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

It may be more news relevant, but it's not as good as the older Banjo Player Sought in Hootenanny Spree.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Der Spiegel just published an article titled Dolphins May be Dumber Than We Think. It immediately reminded me of an older article from The Onion titled Study: Dolphins Not So Intelligent On Land

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Nation Trying To Fix Up Ralph Nader With Date

EDIT:

Another good one in that category: Study Reveals Dolphins Lack Capacity To Mock Celebrity Culture

Lysidas has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Oct 2, 2013

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
:argh: 10 Photos That Will Make You Angry Because You Are A Strange Person Who Gets Upset At Pictures Of Wallets :argh:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hmm, this explains why every other Kickstarter is a "minimalist wallet."

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Holy hell:
POINT: "The Republican Party Cannot Stand By And Let Obamacare Destroy This Country" by By John Boehner, Speaker Of The House Of Representatives / COUNTERPOINT: "Help Me" By John Boehner, Speaker Of The House Of Representatives

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I think this article's become relevant again.
"Look, It’s Come Down To This: Either I Have To Murder John Boehner Or He Has To Murder Me" by Barack Obama

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Reince Priebus Forced Back Into Ancient Puzzle Box After Being Tricked Into Saying Name Backwards
Old but still gets a chuckle out of me. Good Photoshop, too.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Remember Jackie Harvey?

quote:

Soup weather may have ended last month, but in another month or so, it's going to be high time for some cold soups. Seriously, if you haven't tried a nice chilled gazpacho, you haven't lived.

Item! I just got word that Seattle grunge singer Curt Kobain died again! I don't know how this is possible, but it's true. Why is the road to musical stardom littered with the bodies of all the greats? The Big Bopper, Buddy Holly, Jimi Joplin, Jon Lennon, Two-Pack Shaker, little Joe C, and now Kobain again. They are missed, one and all.

Speaking of Joe C-related things, the big news is that Joe C's partner in musical crime, The Kid Rock, is getting married to former Baywatch babe Pam Anderson! The Kid Rock sure is a lucky guy, landing a woman as classy and pretty as her.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
The Onion Reviews 'Gravity'

http://www.theonion.com/video/the-onion-reviews-gravity,34083/

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Was gonna post this, it's one of my absolute favorites from back in the day

quote:

"This is an incredible find," said Dr. Christian Hutchins, Oxford University archaeologist and head of the dig team. "Imagine: At one time, this entire area was filled with spooky, bony, walking skeletons."

"The implications are staggering," Hutchins continued. "We now know that the skeletons we see in horror films and on Halloween are not mere products of the imagination, but actually lived on Earth."
According to Hutchins, the skeletons bear numerous similarities to humans, leading him to suspect that there may be an evolutionary link between the two species.

"Like humans, these creatures walked upright on two legs and possessed highly developed opposable thumbs," Edmund-White said. "These and many other similarities lend credence to the theory that hundreds of thousands of years ago, human development passed through a skeletal stage. These skeletons may, in fact, be ancestors of us all."

"Any of us could be part skeleton," he added.

My new favorite:

Bo Obama Receives Visiting Dognitaries From Furuguay

quote:

WOOFINGTON, D.C.—Aiming to strengthen yiplomatic relations with the nation of Furuguay, Bo Obama welcomed a visiting doglegation from the overseas country to the White House Thursday for talks on a wide range of vital rufforms.

The historic meeting—the first time a sitting Furuguayan dognitary has visited Woofington since the Checkers Administration—began with a traditional photo op on the White House portico, in which the two leaders formally greeted one another by shaking paws. After brief prepared rebarks, Bo and the Furuguayan diplomutts reportedly retired to the South Lawn for a private discussion of minimum wag laws and a pending flea trade agreement.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every time I read this one I just imagine the writer sitting there giggling his rear end off while throwing out as many puns as he could possibly think of :3:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Mia Farrow: ‘It’s Possible My Son Was Fathered By Frank Sinatra, Mario Puzo, George McGovern, Robert Altman, Anthony Perkins, Milton Berle, Robert Redford, Michael Caine, Danny Aiello, Or Bruce Dern. Or Maybe Francis Ford Coppola, John Cassavetes, Tony Curtis, Dustin Hoffman, Quincy Jones, Sydney Pollack, Joe Mantegna, Liam Neeson, Tom Courtenay, Bob Balaban, Or Even William Hurt'

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Meat

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

An old but classic story in light of recent events

National Funk Congress Deadlocked On Get Up/Get Down Issue

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tea Party Leaders Announce Support For Deal In Exchange For Malia Obama

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reminds me of this one: Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, And Daniel Day-Lewis Come Out As Gay (Also Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, Brian Williams, Meryl Streep, And LeBron James)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Couple classics I remember from the Clinton era:

Gaywads, Dorkwads Sign Historic Wad Accord

Clinton Calls For National Week Off To Get National poo poo Together

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dolphins Evolve Thumbs: Oh poo poo, Says Humanity

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dolphins-evolve-opposable-thumbs,284/

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Bush Sr. Apologizes To Son For Funding Bin Laden In '80s

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Majority Of Americans Never Use Physical Education After High School

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
POLL: What's Going On With The Government Shutdown?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Again with the last line.

quote:

In response to these findings, many Americans have urged the government to stop wasting millions of dollars on useless physical education programs and start focusing on real problems, such as obesity, arthritis, and chronic back pain.
That article pairs nicely from this one from earlier in the year: 450-Pound Man Didn't Go To Doctor For A Lecture

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

The article right before this one was Kidnapped Boy Found Safe, Imagines Kidnapped Boy

:smith:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
NFL Switches To All-Pink MRI Machines For Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Them making fun of the NFL will never get old, although it is a little bittersweet now that "Sportsdome" and "Get Out of My Face" aren't made anymore.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Them making fun of the NFL will never get old, although it is a little bittersweet now that "Sportsdome" and "Get Out of My Face" aren't made anymore.
Onion Sportsdome was among the best shows Comedy Central ever aired and they must pay dearly for canceling it.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah I think the number of people who know enough about sports to get the humor and the number of Onion readers isn't really the largest overlap in terms of demographics. Most of the NFL fans I know haven't watched anything but major network comedy for their whole lives and think George Lopez is the funniest man that ever lived.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

Yeah I think the number of people who know enough about sports to get the humor and the number of Onion readers isn't really the largest overlap in terms of demographics. Most of the NFL fans I know haven't watched anything but major network comedy for their whole lives and think George Lopez is the funniest man that ever lived.
Sadly, you're right. A majority of sports fans are stupid as hell and/or lack self-awareness.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pryor on Fire posted:

I think The Onion deserves kudos for their sports humor because 90% of internet humor about sports is bitter nerds making the same "Throwing balls and scoring points? Ah yes, what a worthwhile use of one's time, I see why they get paid so much more than scientists :smug:" joke over and over and The Onion mostly avoids that.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Y-Hat posted:

Sadly, you're right. A majority of sports fans are stupid as hell and/or lack self-awareness.

Walking Sports Database Scorns Walking Scifi Database

Sports forums I've occasioned often have Onion links in their "general section". If you are going to find that Onion/Sports overlap, Forums Users are definitely in the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
High-Powered Washington Fixer Tells Blood-Soaked Obama To Listen Carefully
Already an amazing article with a great pic, but the last line completely killed me.