Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I played a ton of Galactic Battlegrounds back in the day, which was basically just Age of Empires with a Star Wars reskin. And it was good that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

cptn_dr posted:

All this video games talk is giving me horrible flashbacks to Force Commander.

My heartwarming Force Commander story is that I bought Force Commander but my computer was too old and lovely at the time to run it, and by the time I got a new one that could handle it I knew Force Commander was garbage by word of mouth and had lost interest so I ended up never actually playing it. Force Commander.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Drone posted:

I played a ton of Galactic Battlegrounds back in the day, which was basically just Age of Empires with a Star Wars reskin. And it was good that way.

force_explore
force_ore

Am I missing anything?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

force_explore
force_ore

Am I missing anything?

Oh god, now I remember my favorite cheat code from any Star Wars game.

Wampa Stompa

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
lapogo
lapostal
laimlame

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Drone posted:

Oh god, now I remember my favorite cheat code from any Star Wars game.

Wampa Stompa
Entered with two hands and your nose on the N64.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Casimir Radon posted:

Entered with two hands and your nose on the N64.

Seriously gently caress whoever thought that was a good idea. Seriously. gently caress. Them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
And while we're on the same subject, gently caress whoever did the Sewer Level mission too.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

force_explore
force_ore

Am I missing anything?

force_sight
simonsays

You could also cheat in the Tantive IV, a Star Destroyer, and the Death Star, but I've long since forgotten the codes for them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

-Fish- posted:

Seriously gently caress whoever thought that was a good idea. Seriously. gently caress. Them.
As much as I love Lucasarts you could often tell how insular their development process could be.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Drone posted:

my favorite cheat code from any Star Wars game.

I may be misremembering these but...

code:
t

imayoda

deeznuts deeznuts deeznuts 

yodajammies yodajammies yodajammies yodajammies

red5

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Setforceall 1138
g_Saberrealisticcombat 3

:colbert:

Cross-Section posted:

force_sight
simonsays

You could also cheat in the Tantive IV, a Star Destroyer, and the Death Star, but I've long since forgotten the codes for them.

Thatsnomoon was the Death Star, I think. And maybe ImperialEntaglements for the Star Destroyer?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man, if we're just talking Star Wars game cheat codes in general, I will never forget RRTANGENTABACUS

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

HALIFAX YNGWIE

Was great so long as you don't pause the ga

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

igiveup

farmboy

tiedup

chicken

I recognize that last one as turning the V-wing into a Cadillac, but who remembers the greatest Star Wars code ever? Not to undermine my own bitching, but there were two codes to enter into the original Rogue Squadron game in sequence, each would result in the "wrong password" noise but together would unlock the Naboo Starfighter.

e: what's the point of a cheat code that crashes the game? Also the Rogue Leader version has a monkey bobble-head.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I still remember the second code for unlimited lives for rogue leader: RSBFNRL

First one though? No idea anymore. :shrug:

e: see, I was telling the truth! (plus I thought that was for rogue squadron I)

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 6, 2013

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

It's the first one above you.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Ah, but nobody remembers the true genius of old Star Wars.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Calax posted:

The first bad game Lucasarts made. I've been meaning to buy a copy for a while.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yoda Stories. Force Commander. Episode 1 for the PSX. Clone Wars for the Gamecube. That one that was essentially just an hours worth of semi interactive FMV.

Truly there are some so bad it they are weirdly good Star Wars games out there.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yoda Stories. Force Commander. Episode 1 for the PSX. Clone Wars for the Gamecube. That one that was essentially just an hours worth of semi interactive FMV.

Truly there are some so bad it they are weirdly good Star Wars games out there.

I never played the episode 1 game on PSX, but if it was the same 3rd person adventure/platformer thing as the PC episode 1 game, then it owned. So many hours of my childhood were spent on the tatooine levels just running around killing jawas.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I played the PSX version. It was uglier and more limited with what you could do.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The pc version is actually pretty cool, even though it shows signs of being rushed.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Calax posted:

I don't think anyone's forgotten; it's just mutually understood not to speak of it.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I remember renting the clone wars game for GCN and enjoying it. :shrug:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I don't think anyone's forgotten; it's just mutually understood not to speak of it.

Except that all the styles thought up for the game became official canon saber styles...

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

I remember renting the clone wars game for GCN and enjoying it. :shrug:
I liked most of the vehicle sections, but anything and everything on foot was the biggest chore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Calax posted:

The transport pad in California I mean the forest moon of Endor is a pretty cool setting though.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I liked most of the vehicle sections, but anything and everything on foot was the biggest chore.
There were on foot levels? I don't remember those at all. I guess that says a lot about them.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010

Flagrant Abuse posted:

So it set the trend for Rebel Strike then?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Austen Tassletine posted:

So it set the trend for Rebel Strike then?

:master:

I really only bought that game to play the Rogue Leader co-op with a friend and never really played it again.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I forgot about Mortimer and the Riddles of the Medallion, that's truly the first bad game Lucasarts came out with, sure it was for kids but it's still bad.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I've played (to varying extents) on a Star Wars-themed MUD off and on for the past... twelve years.
:goonsay:

And I still fondly remember the days of JK2 multiplayer. That game was awesome, and I was really disappointed after I reinstalled it recently to find that there are hardly any servers still running (and even fewer that just aren't all bots).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SeanBeansShako posted:

I had Yoda Stories on the Game Boy Colour. Never got past the first level.

cptn_dr posted:

There were on foot levels? I don't remember those at all. I guess that says a lot about them.

I think there were only two; there was one on Geonosis when you're playing as Mace Windu and have to sneak through a Separatist base to get to a new tank or something, and another on either Raxus Prime or Kashyyk where you play as Anakin basically running across a battlefield after a boss fight to catch Dooku, which leads into a cut-scene.

It wasn't a bad game, all in all, but I thought the parts where you had to pilot a gunship instead of a tank could get a little frustrating.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Drone posted:

And I still fondly remember the days of JK2 multiplayer. That game was awesome, and I was really disappointed after I reinstalled it recently to find that there are hardly any servers still running (and even fewer that just aren't all bots).

Please tell me people still play Movie Battles 2 :smith:.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

SeanBeansShako posted:

Please tell me people still play Movie Battles 2 :smith:.

I never owned Jedi Academy, so I can't say. It may well actually have a multiplayer community left that JK2 doesn't. :shrug:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Don't forget to bow before and after every duel or else you will be banned!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

astr0man posted:

Don't forget to bow before and after every duel or else you will be banned!
We're role playing Harry Potter in here! NO GUNS!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Speaking of Star Wars games, Looks like Disney is bringing out some of Lucas Arts 'shelved' products!

Might be more to come, who knows? But it is a positive sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

My mom texted me that a few minutes ago, from somewhere in the southwest USA