Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Parmesan Basil posted:

Go-Busters and Kyoryugers on Nick sounds like hilarious good time fun.

Oh god thinking about Americanized Kyoryuger makes me cringe so hard. It's Turbo all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

SpazmasterX posted:

Oh god thinking about Americanized Kyoryuger makes me cringe so hard. It's Turbo all over again.
It won't have Nossan, Ramirez, Tessai or Doctor Ulshade so it'll be awful.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Perigryn posted:

It won't have Nossan, Ramirez, Tessai or Doctor Ulshade so it'll be awful.

One of those guys might be Tommy

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Dr Tran posted:

One of those guys might be Tommy

Aside from JDF's enthusiasm for the series, he's not that good of an actor.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

HKR posted:

As if Power Rangers needed good acting

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HKR posted:

I fail to see the issue with any of these statements.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Burkion posted:

I fail to see the issue with any of these statements.

All I'm saying is that it will take more then JDF to save a most likely poor adaption of Kyoryuger.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Isn't the dude who plays Ramirez Canadian? If Nick really wanted to, I'd think they could easily get him the work visa by the time filming for Power Rangers Dino Power would start filming (government shutdown aside).

If they really wanted to, that is...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dr Tran posted:

As if Power Rangers needed good acting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvZMTE3TLU

What are you talking about, this is amazing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Acting doesn't really matter here, but all the episodes of Samurai I watched had no sense of genuine fun in them at all. If it's the same with Kyoryuger, it'll probably be bad.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Baofu posted:

Isn't the dude who plays Ramirez Canadian? If Nick really wanted to, I'd think they could easily get him the work visa by the time filming for Power Rangers Dino Power would start filming (government shutdown aside).

If they really wanted to, that is...

Canadians cost too much. It's cheaper to hire Kiwis.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Xelkelvos posted:

Canadians cost too much. It's cheaper to hire Kiwis.

I hear that's what they're doing for the next Kamen Rider series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I haven't watched Samurai or Megaforce, are the soundtracks still like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKMrQd7bZMI

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Waffleman_ posted:

I haven't watched Samurai or Megaforce, are the soundtracks still like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKMrQd7bZMI

Not since 1997.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't know whether that's a shame or not.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Ramirez is amazing simply because he looks like my drat stepdad if he were about 20 years younger. I laugh every time I see the resemblance,

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvZMTE3TLU

What are you talking about, this is amazing.
Surely that person is trying to act badly, right? I mean there's no way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I will have no slights against Saban's Masked Rider in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67jBFQXJ7E

God, I love these videos.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's truly amazing.

It's like, Oh, you think the Rangers can't act?

At least they have enthusasim, they have some idea of what they're doing, they are TRYING.

Oh no, you want bad acting?

Well gently caress YOU HIS NAME IS loving DAX AND HE HAS A FERBUS.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I have two words for Masked Rider.

gently caress. Ferbus.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waffleman_ posted:

I will have no slights against Saban's Masked Rider in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67jBFQXJ7E

God, I love these videos.

I AM AMAZON!

Never fails to make me grin. Never.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dexie posted:

I AM AMAZON!

Never fails to make me grin. Never.

Almost as good is the fight where they just used ZO footage and hoped nobody would notice.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Liar Lyre posted:

I have two words for Masked Rider.

gently caress. Ferbus.
Fun Fact: Ferbus was played by Verne Troyer.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rei_ posted:

I hear that's what they're doing for the next Kamen Rider series.

Hehehe.

After a bit of a hiatus, I think I'll finish Kabuto within the weekend. Hopefully Kyoryuger will be down by then, otherwise it's going to be Akiba S2 then Zyu. Excited for the change, not to mention Gaim being nearly upon us.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

Almost as good is the fight where they just used ZO footage and hoped nobody would notice.

I think it was literally the first monster they used. They decided to use the footage that was clearly another Rider the first time they used a fight.

I know they used the monsters from Kamen Rider J as well. It's really amazing.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Amadan was the hammiest villain to ever ham.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It was really great seeing/hearing Tsukasa again. :swoon: It made me realize just how much I really did enjoy Decade.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

First half of Megaforce is on Netflix. So is a lot of really good stuff, but that's the only relevant thing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yep that whole last episode of Wizard I was waiting for someone to call the kid Haruto. I almost thought it wasn't going to happen and they were just going to leave it implied, and then at the very last second, there it was.

Liar Lyre posted:

First half of Megaforce is on Netflix. So is a lot of really good stuff, but that's the only relevant thing.

I'm actually probably going to watch it because even though it's terrible I'm curious to see it, if nothing else to see how shortened they made the Goseiger stuff so they could get to Gokaiger faster. Also because it's more than likely radically different from Goseiger, kinda like why I watched RPM due to how different it was from Go-Onger. I didn't bother with Samurai because from what I heard it's pretty similar to Shinkenger's basic story, except with much worse acting.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Megaforce really suffers from something a lot of other PR shows haven't had to suffer as much.

It is a goddamn toy commercial. Like, more than most. Thanks to a combination of the Sentai and a 20 episode counter, they've had to shove just about EVERY toy into every episode one another another like they were Scottie dogs in a bowl. Oh sure the acting isn't great from Red, but at least the general new plots tend to be amusing or interesting. Tying stuff together more and what not.

Dear GOD the toys suffocate the show.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nah the whole cast's stiff stilted acting hold it down more. Then they added a literal robot. :v:

Samurai was better!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Potsticker posted:

It was really great seeing/hearing Tsukasa again. :swoon: It made me realize just how much I really did enjoy Decade.

His lecture and accompanying music did take me back to a good place.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

RBX posted:

Nah the whole cast's stiff stilted acting hold it down more. Then they added a literal robot. :v:

Samurai was better!

The main cast's acting is bad but Robo Knight is awesome(even if he's a Robocop knockoff), also the yellow ranger totally wants to bone him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey guys, Gaim is kinda sweet so far.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
When they walked through into the evil world I was expecting the fuzz ball monsters from Madoka to come out.

That was a good first episode. Both the VA and the suit actor during the fight played a very good rendition of a guy who has no idea what the gently caress is going on.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Gaim is definitely a good thing. I am totally on stage for this.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Gaim Opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJZcIMtt9Mk

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I'm not going to lie, the entire street dancing aspect of it sounds better and better as I learn more about it. :allears:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Other toku shows I've been watching recently...

Zubat: I'm eight episodes into this and enjoying it quite a bit. The episode with the fake blind swordsman was pretty great because I was thinking "man the way this guy staggers about it looks like he's faking being blind instead of being actually blind" then SURPRISE he takes the blindfold off and we get an actually pretty cool looking fight. I like how no single element of this show seems to mesh at all with any other element, but that is what seems to make it work so well.

Kamen Rider Black: I've been going back and forth between "haha this is so silly yet entertaining" and "this is pretty freaking awesome". But I'm on episode 26 now and the past three episodes have been in order: Coelacanth mutant with the line "deep within the coelacanth", Kamen Rider making a motorcycle explode by hitting it with Rider Kick, and an incredibly awesome episode that had a young girl going around wreaking havoc all over the town that also had actually good guest acting and a fight scene I really got into. This show is really great, I think I'm in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUaHigKAeU

• Locked thread