Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

I'm getting a "Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable" now anyone else? (PS3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

idiotmeat posted:

edit:
Didn't you need to have the collector's edition to choose Marston as a parent? For some reason he's my daddy now.

Just have to be registered on Social Club.

Cumshot in the Dark
Oct 20, 2005

This is how we roll

TjyvTompa posted:

You can jump over the wall at the back.
I did that, problem is the gates don't open. Guess that's bugged!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dr. Video Games 0041 posted:

It appears everything is down. Social Club menu in game, friends menu, it all says unavailable. Is anyone on Ps3 still online or did everything just crash?

I'm on PS3 online and it's still going fine for me. :shrug:

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Arctic Matthews posted:

I'm getting a "Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable" now anyone else? (PS3)

Eyup. Tried to get in three or four times, finally showed me two empty character slots. Gonna wait it out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
PS3 and mine is having a hell of a time loading. Keeps getting stuck.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Attention money farmers, there's a new grinding mission in town and its not boring like Violent Duct. Welcome to Base Invaders.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Also what the hell? I'll have to check again later but my bank account just went from like 7k down to 1k.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
I also lost my 3-hour character (level 9 or so). If it doesn't show up tomorrow, I'm giving up and just sell the game (I finished it and nearly at 100%).

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some rear end in a top hat just shotgunned me while I was trying on hats :C

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004
All my money is tied up in the BAWSAQ and now I can't even afford to play a round of golf as Michael. I'm good for it guys, I swear!

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Obviously you had poor taste in hats.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I think I posted this in the first thread, but there needs to be a golf course on a group of islands out in the ocean somewhere with helipads and poo poo. High rollers only. Make it so, Rockstar.

This is why I invented my douchebag elitist group called The Gold Aristocracy where we welcome any and all rich landowners who enjoy the fine sports of golfing, tennis, and Fers de Hockeyeur*. The game is too wonky right now to know enough to establish any requirements for membership but right now I'm looking for XBOX360 users only, with hopes of a PS3 chapter in the future, whose characters can meet the dress code and have a suitable place of residence.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

The second I had it opened I sped like a maniac to the golf course and with 20/100 stamina pulled off a tie for first at 4 under par. If you have a good approach game then drive distance is really just cosmetic or for arcing higher over obstacles like trees.

This guy above me? He sounds like membership material.

I hope to organize tournaments in the future.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Okay, dying in free roam for the first time is pretty cool. Totally worth being an rear end in a top hat to some random guy and shooting his cars tires out while he was trying to hold up a store. :v:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Grawl posted:

I also lost my 3-hour character (level 9 or so). If it doesn't show up tomorrow, I'm giving up and just sell the game (I finished it and nearly at 100%).

I mean, I understand and have been one of the most critical of Rockstar's online mess in these threads, but really? It's been less than a week.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

Attention money farmers, there's a new grinding mission in town and its not boring like Violent Duct. Welcome to Base Invaders.

How can anyone get to level 35, I made it to rank 15 once and rank ten a few times but my characters never seem to stay on the cloud longer than half a day

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

a slime posted:

How can anyone get to level 35, I made it to rank 15 once and rank ten a few times but my characters never seem to stay on the cloud longer than half a day

Which platform are you playing on? My 360 character is pretty stable so far.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a slime posted:

Because you probably keep remaking and overwriting your old saves by being impatient?

Or you're on PS3? I'm with the dude above me; 360 seems rather stable once you're past the tutorial, but it might just be anecdotal experience.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Grawl posted:

If you are that bothered about losing your character then you just take a break and come back when it's stable, everyone knows that. Game has the potential to be great online and shouldn't take Rockstar long to sort it out.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

my new dog posted:

Some rear end in a top hat just shotgunned me while I was trying on hats :C

This is why I'm not bothering with Online, forget server problems. It's just not fun to play in an environment where a majority of people are focused on running you over or shooting you just because you're there.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

a slime posted:

Lots and lots of Violent Duct grinding, hence the new Base Invaders grind. :v:

Speaking of violent duct, you should take a pump shotgun, and you should do this. One person pulling this flank makes the mission go so much faster. Everyone else pushes straight in as usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69OeM_DJWpU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Slim Killington posted:

This is why I'm not bothering with Online, forget server problems. It's just not fun to play in an environment where a majority of people are focused on running you over or shooting you just because you're there.

Join a crew and hang out with some buds. The pubbie matches will always have rear end in a top hat teenagers who think it's fun to be assholes, but once you find a good group to get matched up with, it gets a lot better. You can also just play a solo game, do some running around, and then join up with a group whenever you feel like playing a mission or something.

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

If anyone's going to be grinding Base Invaders on 360, my gametag is ninpo617.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It Takes a Thief ie catch two rear end in a top hat AI in separate cars who won't stop for anything and doge anything you try to block them with and have full body armour and they have rear end in a top hat cop AI boosts in their vehicles, did it on a bike with a shotgun for a laugh.

An hour later the yellow car loving explodes because the NPC apparently has regenerating health. Remove that goddamn mission.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Playing as a woman for Online is the only way to go, pretty much every interaction with people other than Gerald is incredibly awkward. Lamar tries to give you a rose, Trevor demands selfies of your tits, and Lester is even more awkward cracking jokes than he usually is.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Online is working flawlessly now. gently caress yes.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

Join a crew and hang out with some buds. The pubbie matches will always have rear end in a top hat teenagers who think it's fun to be assholes, but once you find a good group to get matched up with, it gets a lot better. You can also just play a solo game, do some running around, and then join up with a group whenever you feel like playing a mission or something.

Whats the main goon crew on xbox?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Some dude was trying to kill me, so I killed him and blew his personal car up. Then I got a notification saying I was being a poor sport and I was threatened to only be able to play with poor sports...

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

MrLonghair posted:

It Takes a Thief ie catch two rear end in a top hat AI in separate cars who won't stop for anything and doge anything you try to block them with and have full body armour and they have rear end in a top hat cop AI boosts in their vehicles, did it on a bike with a shotgun for a laugh.

An hour later the yellow car loving explodes because the NPC apparently has regenerating health. Remove that goddamn mission.

I rolled up to each one in traffic and my passenger shot the first in the face, then I put a waypoint down to intercept the next and shot him as well. No muss, no fuss.

Perhaps a bug is triggering a chase for you? Or are you driving aggressively on the approach?

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

Playing as a woman for Online is the only way to go, pretty much every interaction with people other than Gerald is incredibly awkward. Lamar tries to give you a rose, Trevor demands selfies of your tits, and Lester is even more awkward cracking jokes than he usually is.

The intro with Lamar as a girl is the best thing.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Last night me and a friend were able to do things like golf but that was about it, we couldn't join jobs because we would get "failed to download" messages and booted if we weren't the person hosting. Got on today and it was working alright for an hour or two, now I can't connect to online at all. Checked my network settings and everything is peachy, ports are forwarded and all that good stuff. I am just assuming this is stuff on R*'s end but with everything so unstable I can't be 100% sure :(

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

So, my character got deleted. Darn.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to nominate "Chasers" for the worst mission I've played yet. You have to run down a guy in a loving Coquette and jack it back from him for Simeon, and a combination of your inability to have a sports car early on, your infantile Driving skill, and the bizarre way that random traffic AI behaves in GTAO (did they redo it to make it harder than singleplayer or something? people just sit still in the middle of the loving road or slam into me for no reason) make it loving impossible.

It doesn't help that the guy driving must be the T-1000 or something. I rolled his car three times and slammed into him head-on and he just kept right on driving.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Virginia Blend posted:

The intro with Lamar as a girl is the best thing.

Shiiit, you fine as a mahfucka.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
The update hardlocked my machine again :stare: but the game works now (NA PS3). I haven't been able to keep a char long enough to level up or get money, though. That doesn't bother me so much because I'm not losing much, but I am bummed that they have disallowed grinding those two missions :(
Grind while you can 360 goons

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Psion posted:

Lots and lots of Violent Duct grinding, hence the new Base Invaders grind. :v:

Speaking of violent duct, you should take a pump shotgun, and you should do this. One person pulling this flank makes the mission go so much faster. Everyone else pushes straight in as usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69OeM_DJWpU

When I was grinding VD, that was my usual flank. You don't actually have to go around the highway entrance there, you can go under and jump the concrete barrier closer to them without getting agro.

MrLonghair posted:

All the lovely car taking ones pretty much require two people in fast cars, the Dominator works perfectly as a personal car. If you are aggressive and lucky enough, you can pin them in traffic and shoot them easily.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'd like to nominate "Chasers" for the worst mission I've played yet. You have to run down a guy in a loving Coquette and jack it back from him for Simeon, and a combination of your inability to have a sports car early on, your infantile Driving skill, and the bizarre way that random traffic AI behaves in GTAO (did they redo it to make it harder than singleplayer or something? people just sit still in the middle of the loving road or slam into me for no reason) make it loving impossible.

Yeah that AI traffic is hosed up in GTAO, sometimes there's serverlag too. One car pulled out in an intersection and did a 360 so I slammed into it while escaping cops. A loving 360, like there actually is scripted rear end in a top hat AI going on.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

N is for Nipples posted:

So, my character got deleted. Darn.

Its probably the cloud being down. If you create a new char it might overwrite your old one when the cloud goes up.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

numbs posted:

Online is working flawlessly now. gently caress yes.

Is this the same for everyone on Xbox 360? I haven't got a chance to try online this week and I want to today if it's not all hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Zombies' Downfall posted:

It doesn't help that the guy driving must be the T-1000 or something. I rolled his car three times and slammed into him head-on and he just kept right on driving.

Except you can totally score a muscle car if you keep an eye out and stay patient looking for your freebie car.

Of course, I was expecting more of the usual rip-the-guy-out-and-just-book-it than having him peel out the second I stepped out of my car after parking it perpendicular in front of him. Then we played cat and mouse around Vinewood Hills until I shoved him stuck on a railing, capped him now that I finally had a clean shot, then finagled it free to speed off before the cops arrived.

• Locked thread