Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Will not be downloading the Star Wars game as I can't see the greatest character in the picture :argh:

It's Porkins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Goddamn that's real. :stare: Everything I want to say has already been said though. Beta, rock the hell out of this partnership, and of course:

maduin posted:

Congrats on being millionaires.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

maduin posted:

Really, though, I'm super pumped for this.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Thanks for all the congrats guys. Disney will be releasing more info soon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

eeenmachine posted:

I'm so jelly. I'm over here writing property management software like a chump. Congratulations, Nimblegoons.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You guys just really want to destroy my life. Your entire oeuvre has been seemingly dedicated to crushing my productivity levels and pushing every little subcortical monkey-button in my head.

And now you're making a fuckin' Star Wars version of Tiny Tower. Not cool. Not cool.

Very, very cool.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Just the other day I was thinking of starting up Tiny Towers again. A Star Wars version is just awesome (and adorable). :3:

Congrats Nimbit!

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Who's in charge of the IAP? Nimblebit or Disney?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

jerkstore77 posted:

How badly will they sell out? Do you think they'll allow it to be taken to Where's My Water 2 levels of predatory poo poo?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm so jelly. I'm over here writing property management software like a chump. Congratulations, Nimblegoons.

Wait, are you the jerk who made an app for iOS called Argus that is definitely not the right Argus?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

eeenmachine posted:

I'm assuming you can't say, but I'm really curious who approached who and when on this. This is amazing for you guys and I wish you all the best.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Ugh... Star Wars? I've already read Campbell back in college, thank you very much. Wake me up when you make a game based on the only space series visionary and inspiring enough for my tastes - Star Trek: Voyager, of course.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Mozi posted:

Ugh... Star Wars? I've already read Campbell back in college, thank you very much. Wake me up when you make a game based on the only space series visionary and inspiring enough for my tastes - Star Trek: Voyager, of course.

Ahem: :bsg:

'nuff said. :colbert:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Mozi posted:

Tiny Tuvok :allears:

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 4, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well THAT'S pretty gosh darned cool!

Congratulations! Can't wait! :D

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

So I haven't tested it yet but Shadowrun just got its music patch.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Bummey posted:

How badly will they sell out? Do you think they'll allow it to be taken to Where's My Water 2 levels of predatory poo poo?
Disney has more or less let Marvel do its own thing when it comes to licensing. I expect LucasWhatever to be the same.

oversteer
Jun 6, 2005

Well, got Transport Tycoon refunded. When I went on the website it said "this app is available for immediate refund" so I guess they've been having lots of complaints?

Shame really, I was really looking forward to playing it, but crashing when I went to lay a road was a bit terminal.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Can we get Star Wars: Nimble Quest as well?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

marshmonkey posted:

Help the Empire build the ultimate 8-bit power in the universe in the upcoming mobile game Star Wars: Tiny Death Star!

Playing the gently caress out of this.

Congratulations on the license to print money!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Can't wait to see what happens when Star Wars fans and iOS fans start descending upon each other.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

maduin posted:

You're a bit late on that front.

I like Disney's model here. The Brave/Temple Run partnership worked out really well.

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:
Wow, way to sell out Nimblebutt! Hope you enjoy your pools of 100 dollar bills!

Please invite me to beta I need this :(

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Got an interesting question - I'm looking for some specific recommendations on free iPad games for learning-disabled adults. My girlfriend recently got a job at a community center, and they have 3 iPads (I don't know what generation, but they're brand new so they're probably 4).

Unfortunately most of the games are full of ads that disrupt the game or IAP credits that limit how often they can play, so I'm wondering if you guys have a few games you can recommend where these are absent or at least not intrusive. Most of them like game-show style games (they have a Bingo game that's popular), easy card games, flash cards, cooperative games, anything educational, and any other type of game that someone without great motor skills can play (for example, Fruit Ninja takes too much accuracy for many of them).

The only one I've seen that pops into my head is Dog Is Great. Pretty much every other "free" game I've seen has horrible limitations. Does anyone have any other suggestions that they've come across?

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

jerkstore77 posted:

This is what I am wondering, Nimblebit games have the best way to do IAP, Disney has some of the worse.

Also did they come to you or did you go to them?

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

JDM3 posted:

Ahem: :bsg:

'nuff said. :colbert:

Wow, how do you mess up the spelling of "Babylon 5" so badly? :getin:

Tiny Tower was great, but it really was missing the ability to blow up neighboring towers. Can't wait to hear more about this project.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Marvel Puzzle Quest is alright but gently caress the hints and tutorials that you cant turn off unless you do exactly what they ask

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

marshmonkey posted:

Help the Empire build the ultimate 8-bit power in the universe in the upcoming mobile game Star Wars: Tiny Death Star!

So that's why the thread posts shot up today. Grats.

In other news. Shadowrun Returns got its patch and Baldur's Gate EE is on sale for half. http://appshopper.com/games/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

In other news. Shadowrun Returns got its patch and Baldur's Gate EE is on sale for half. http://appshopper.com/games/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition

BG:EE is 5 bucks on Steam right now too. Is it like Shadowrun in that you should probably just buy it for PC? Are there mods that are pretty necessary or does the EE make it pretty solid on its own?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Tell me who I need to murder to get in on that beta action. Or not murder. Whatever you need.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Dragonrah posted:

Significantly more enjoyable with music.

I've been curious about Baldurs gate but the level of number crunching and micromanagement seems a bit overwhelming. Is it as rough as it looks or what?

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

The Royal Scrub posted:

BG:EE is 5 bucks on Steam right now too. Is it like Shadowrun in that you should probably just buy it for PC? Are there mods that are pretty necessary or does the EE make it pretty solid on its own?

See below for the iap thoughts, but even the base BG on iPad is great if you want to play a deep tactical rpg away from your desk. I can't really speak for the mods though. I know I enjoyed sitting outside with my iPad playing BG:EE this summer. It's a great addition to your iTunes library. If you can only get one version, I think it comes down to whether or not you think you'll enjoy it in the bathroom or wherever you do your iPad gaming.

Sad lions posted:

Significantly more enjoyable with music.

I've been curious about Baldurs gate but the level of number crunching and micromanagement seems a bit overwhelming. Is it as rough as it looks or what?

I'm going to restart Shadowrun now that it has music and I can input my backer rewards.

It can be a tad overwhelming to create a fresh character in BG, but I think that's why there are pre generated characters to choose from. You also have some handy tips on beforeIplay's wiki for character creation. For $5 you should try it as the combat is hard but super rewarding. But be warned, there is a few iap costing a total of $10 if you want the true EE experience. Still, even if you refuse to buy the iap, it is a great value for $5.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
In your Tiny Star Wars game, please replace the Rebels vs the Empire with the virtual joysticks vs touch/swipe.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Please make one Stormtrooper employee on the Detention Level slightly shorter than all the other Stormtroopers.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Got an interesting question - I'm looking for some specific recommendations on free iPad games for learning-disabled adults. My girlfriend recently got a job at a community center, and they have 3 iPads (I don't know what generation, but they're brand new so they're probably 4).

Unfortunately most of the games are full of ads that disrupt the game or IAP credits that limit how often they can play, so I'm wondering if you guys have a few games you can recommend where these are absent or at least not intrusive. Most of them like game-show style games (they have a Bingo game that's popular), easy card games, flash cards, cooperative games, anything educational, and any other type of game that someone without great motor skills can play (for example, Fruit Ninja takes too much accuracy for many of them).

The only one I've seen that pops into my head is Dog Is Great. Pretty much every other "free" game I've seen has horrible limitations. Does anyone have any other suggestions that they've come across?

Have you tried tiny wings? It is adorable, you control it by hitting a single button, and the button is the whole screen. I don't remember if it is still free, but it is great.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Does anybody know what determines the tile type in Marvel Puzzle Quest? For example, I have Ragnarok in my party and every single tile is one of his attacks, so he is always up front and always taking all of the damage. I may have skipped over it when I was mashing my way through the tutorial.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

loudog999 posted:

Does anybody know what determines the tile type in Marvel Puzzle Quest? For example, I have Ragnarok in my party and every single tile is one of his attacks, so he is always up front and always taking all of the damage. I may have skipped over it when I was mashing my way through the tutorial.

It is whoever has the highest attack of the that tile. If it is tied then I think its whoever is first in your party.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Shwqa posted:

It is whoever has the highest attack of the that tile. If it is tied then I think its whoever is first in your party.

Ok,that makes sense since the rest of my team is a bunch of scrubs right now. Thanks.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

loudog999 posted:

Ok,that makes sense since the rest of my team is a bunch of scrubs right now. Thanks.

No problem, it actually has little symbols for who will attack with the that tile. And in combos the first match is who takes the damage. Upper left matches go first.

Iron man is the only one of the first chapter worth leveling. My level 20 iron man deals 10 damage per each red tile, and can deal 240 damage with 8 red ap. New storm isn't terrible, just not as good as storm classic. Who you can get in the venom chapter.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I saved up my hero points and bought a 3 star hero. It turned out to be Thor and he's murdering everything in sight. :getin:

• Locked thread