Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Len posted:

WELP. Called it.

So, no chance of getting that 5 min raid achievement any more then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

So, no chance of getting that 5 min raid achievement any more then?

I disagree. The amount of ability recharge reduction and damage boosting augments might help us more then we know.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

HughGRect posted:

I disagree. The amount of ability recharge reduction and damage boosting augments might help us more then we know.

Having more than seven people would be quite a boost as well.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I love how Cold Blooded still managed to trivialize content.

Edit: Also posted all the augment effects on the offsite forums, enjoy.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 4, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Interview about 1.8.

quote:

MMORPG: Okay, last one for today… let’s tease some stuff cryptically about Issue 9 and Tokyo. You know you want to.

Joel Bylos: I think the only tease I want to make is this - I see a lot of back and forth on the forums about the three factions. The Illuminati and the Templars have some pretty vocal supporters and I think it has been easy for them to dismiss the Dragon due to a certain amount of vagueness around chaos theory and what it all means.
Make no mistake, after Tokyo, nobody will ever dismiss the Dragon again.

Hee.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I like where he confirms what we all knew for months: the only scenarios at launch are wave defense.

Edit: And it sounds like Halloween and 1.8 are happening together which I totally called.

Len fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 4, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

I like where he confirms what we all knew for months: the only scenarios at launch are wave defense.

:(

Apparently there are two more types coming, and one of them will be similar to Sabotage/stealth missions. Here's hoping I get my dream of mini-dungeons.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
Dunno how many of you have played LOTRO, but it sounds to me a little like scenarios will be like skirmishes in that game (which is okay, I guess).

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

:(

Apparently there are two more types coming, and one of them will be similar to Sabotage/stealth missions. Here's hoping I get my dream of mini-dungeons.

I read Joel's response to you on testlive about you maybe getting your wish and there being three total types of scenarios. The first we have seen is Seek and Preserve, after that we have one referred to has Occult Distrubance and then the last is Escape.

[SCENARIO TYPE SPECIFIC INTRODUCTION]This is a Seek & Preserve Scenario. Your role is to gather groups of survivors into fortified positions and then to keep them alive for the next few hours. Your final score will be based upon the number of living survivors.

[SCENARIO TYPE SPECIFIC INTRODUCTION]This is an Escape Scenario. You have been provided with a vehicle and you must escape the maelstrom by passing through all of the checkpoints. Your final score will be based on the total time that you spend escaping and the actions that you perform at each checkpoint.

[SCENARIO TYPE SPECIFIC INTRODUCTION]This is an Occult Disturbance Scenario. Your role is to locate the occult threat and eliminate it before it can become known to the world. Your final score will be based on the number of civilians who become aware of your presence or the presence of the threat you are here to eliminate.

There appears to be a cooldown associated with doing these missions based on the map you choose, currently there are three cooldowns. One for the Hotel, one for the Franklin Mansion and one for Dracula's Castle.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

[SCENARIO TYPE SPECIFIC INTRODUCTION]This is an Occult Disturbance Scenario. Your role is to locate the occult threat and eliminate it before it can become known to the world. Your final score will be based on the number of civilians who become aware of your presence or the presence of the threat you are here to eliminate.

Oh, this is good. This is very good.

I wonder if all scenarios will be Venice simulations, or if they're going to add more under different pretexts as time passes, because stuff like this could be everywhere and it would be delightful.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Calling it now, the Dragon is going to destroy the "Secret" in the Secret World.

No one has less to lose and more to gain. Evolve or die, the end of days is coming.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
So, doing the last train to Cairo questline, i dont suppose there's a translation of what Said says? Best i got from googling was a thread that suggested it was made up.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Calling it now, the Dragon is going to destroy the "Secret" in the Secret World.

No one has less to lose and more to gain. Evolve or die, the end of days is coming.

Sounds good, means the Illuminati will be there to sell you the goods you need to survive the upcoming end of days.

The templar on the other hand can just spin their wheels and fume.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shadowmorn posted:

So, doing the last train to Cairo questline, i dont suppose there's a translation of what Said says? Best i got from googling was a thread that suggested it was made up.

I'm pretty sure it's just a bunch of Egyptian-inspired nonsense, with a Doctor Who joke thrown in there.

Also, looks like Ballistic Veil is on the way to winning the female outfit vote. Because apparently Orochi is boring, and Ballistic Veil brings us something that nothing else in this game provides, at all. These assholes don't deserve nice things, I don't even care anymore.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Orochi could still conceivably win. It's only 10 votes shy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be amazed if the close runners up didn't get made anyway, just released later.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I'd be amazed if the close runners up didn't get made anyway, just released later.

This is pretty much what they did with the tacticool headpiece. Pretty much every thing from that list has made its way into the game.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Shadowmorn posted:

Sounds good, means the Illuminati will be there to sell you the goods you need to survive the upcoming end of days.

The templar on the other hand can just spin their wheels and fume.

What Bong Cha says to the Dragon in the (currently) final story mission does not bode well: "We need to reset this; make our own Ground Zero; no matter the cost." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuwCg-ZlQqU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Wow, I remember a time when we thought 50 AP for an ability was expensive. The level 5 augments cost 500 AP to harmonize (learn). At least we have 175 max AP now, can't wait to grind those levels up! :emo:

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

HughGRect posted:

Wow, I remember a time when we thought 50 AP for an ability was expensive. The level 5 augments cost 500 AP to harmonize (learn). At least we have 175 max AP now, can't wait to grind those levels up! :emo:

And how many augments are there again?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

And how many augments are there again?

40 Augments and 4 skill branches that need to be leveled up.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Why that's only 2750 AP per branch, and a mere 11,000 if you want all four!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Brain In A Jar posted:

Why that's only 2750 AP per branch, and a mere 11,000 if you want all four!

Augments cost AP, we don't know how to progress the branches. My belief is it will be similar to run speed upgrades using special tokens from the scenarios.

Looking closer only 4 of the augments cost 500 AP at level 5, but the others are still in the 300-500 range. Gonna be a nice long grind to finish this stuff, not sure if that is a good thing yet.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
And how many AP was it to get Panoptic core + all current Aux abilities?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

And how many AP was it to get Panoptic core + all current Aux abilities?

Panotic is 2370 AP and for all five aux weapons is another 1750 AP. To get one of the augments that costs 500 AP for the level 4 to 5 upgrade is going to cost 2100 AP.

The first rank costs 340 AP to harmonize, second is 380, third is 420, fourth is 460 and the final rank is 500. Not cheap at all.

And because I was curious, the cheapest of the augments will cost 975 AP total. Rank 1 will cost 115 AP, Rank 2 will cost 155, Rank 3 will cost 195, Rank 4 will cost 235 and Rank 5 will cost 275.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 5, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's entirely possible to get about 700ap in an afternoon so those numbers aren't too bad. Plus that gives the added benefit of a crazy amount of sequins to get sequin bags.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Yeah, you can get that much... if you're insane and have nothing at all better to do.

Funcom's inability to learn anything, ever, might be what ultimately drives me away from this game. I am loving done with their grinding crap.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

Yeah, you can get that much... if you're insane and have nothing at all better to do.

Funcom's inability to learn anything, ever, might be what ultimately drives me away from this game. I am loving done with their grinding crap.

Don't be a hater. You're just jealous about my ability to earn AP like a mad man.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Who is up for wiping on Ankh bridge for an hour?!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Killsion posted:

Who is up for wiping on Ankh bridge for an hour?!

Don't let Funcom know that's a thing.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

guppy posted:

I don't even really grind and my primary character is sitting around with maxed everything and a full pool of points that need spending.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Allatum posted:

I don't even really grind and my primary character is sitting around with maxed everything and a full pool of points that need spending.

The difference is when things are going to cost what you already have plus more. That's going to take way more time to fill a wheel. Added into that the resource cost that comes with the augments and it's seriously bullshit levels of grind.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Len posted:

The difference is when things are going to cost what you already have plus more. That's going to take way more time to fill a wheel. Added into that the resource cost that comes with the augments and it's seriously bullshit levels of grind.

Point. And I doubt they'll try to balance out the cost from what they've already got at this time.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Those numbers seem unreasonably high. If it already pisses off people who've been "done" with the game otherwise, what is a newbie going to think, "500 AP, easy peasy, I can't even afford some 50 AP skill without playing a weekend"?

Surely these are just placeholder numbers... Oh, it's Funcom. Sorry. :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Seriously we're all looking at the WRONG thing here. The AP cost is high and I'll admit its ridiculous to expect that from people. My 700ap afternoon was when I was unemployed at the top of a semester when there were no assignments due, I can't do that again until December at the earliest. What's going to REALLY hurt is the material cost. I mean seriously just look at this [ur=http://pastebin.com/bc3tWH3c]poo poo[/url].

loving Funcom posted:

Unattuned Mercurial Augment Resonator
An unattuned support augment.
Attuning this augment will result in an Attuned Mercurial Augment Resonator.
To attune this augment, place it in the assembly window with:
• 4 Attuned Curing Augment Resonators
• 120 Pure metal
• 1 Augment Attuning Kit

I'm assuming this is an end tier augment but look at that metal count. And look what Funcom just implemented event wise. They're clearly trying to use these events to get whatever materials are in the game out of the game so people can't bum rush the augments. Good thing you can always just idle in El Dorado and get a bunch of QL 10 potions to disassemble.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
considering I have 800 pure metal in my bank, which has been collecting dust because nobody uses crafted weapons ever, that doesn't seem so bad.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope you also have as many of the other mats, because there's recipes with similar amounts of runes and dust/water in that pastebin :dance:

In isolation 120 pure something doesn't seem terrible, but I don't know how many of those augmented things a single player is expected to have.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Not to mention that there are still three phases left in the filthy agartha event that all require pure metal, as well as other pure materials. So if you want bee print golden armor, feed the box.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Personally, I'm just happy that we're finally seeing evidence of Funcom giving us something. Events just aren't a solution, since when it comes down to it there isn't a whole lot to actually do, and in my experience Funcom's events seem to really outlast their welcome.

I'm happy with getting augments, because it gives me something to aim for again. I have a 100% wheel, but reasonably speaking probably about half of that was a completely useless effort that just gave me abilities I don't use for weapons I don't use. Augments are at least going to give me the ability to work towards something I can actually use.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not too worried about this augment stuff and just think that the scenarios sound like a lot of fun :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I thought I was good at tanking in this game until I went up against Archaean Seismocratist (nightmare of course) and had to juggle multiple impairs.

"Pick ONE thing to die to, jeez!"

"Yeah this isn't working."

"I think I'm going to go do something else."

You know why you're ditching? Because you can't do it either, assholes!!!

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 6, 2013

• Locked thread