Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My hardmode world is in the middle of a solar eclipse.

I CAN NEVER GO BACK THERE. :stonk:

e: I was doing okay firing my shotgun loaded with explosive rounds from my balcony, but then a vampire killed the nurse and an Eyezor showed up.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
:argh: Damnit game, start genning a world I can actually use!:argh:

I'm looking for a world with crimson and snow biomes for my singleplayer game so I can do the new hardmode content, but the one stipulation I've set other than biome presence is pissing me off to fufill. Who knew it was so hard to get a small world where the jungle isn't immediately eaten by the crimson?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Dareon posted:

My hardmode world is in the middle of a solar eclipse.

I CAN NEVER GO BACK THERE. :stonk:

e: I was doing okay firing my shotgun loaded with explosive rounds from my balcony, but then a vampire killed the nurse and an Eyezor showed up.

Pray that a reaper drops a sickle -> proceed to destroy every enemy ever.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

I love reading this thread and feeling pretty cool with my demonite pick and you guys are talking about rainbow bricks, unicorns and other crazy crap.

That's where I am, too. I have the Crimson equivalent and cleared out the dungeon, and now am remodeling my base for a bunch of NPCs and that's sucking up all my time. I'm kind of scared of all this new content in Hardmode everyone's going on about.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
There I was, on a tiny platform in a cave which was just barely protecting me from two of those annoying archer zombies and their assorted buddies down beneath me. I decided to check my inventory to see if I'd remembered to bring any ranged weapons, and of course I hadn't. But then I noticed a sword I hadn't seen before and didn't see drop. It turned out to be a beam sword that not only was significantly better than the night's edge I was using but also happened to shoot a sword-shaped beam with every swing :stare:

According to the wiki it has a .67% chance of dropping. Of course it had the godly modifier :kamina:

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
The new Spectre armor is amazing. It gives 10% lifesteal from every bit of magic damage you do, meaning if you have any good magic weapon you can become invincible. Before, I'd have to set up a massive arena for the hardcore bosses, or try and glitch it with a crab statue and the cross/star combo. Now I just need 2 star statues and a timer, and I'm set.

See those white lines coming from the turtle towards me? That's the life steal effect.

The spell I'm using, the Magnet Sphere, is also pretty powerful, if a bit difficult to use on fast moving enemies.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
There is actually an accessory that gives you mana when you're hurt, two levels up from a band of starpower. Enjoy infinite HP+MP when fighting bosses.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

mechanicalFactory posted:

The new Spectre armor is amazing. It gives 10% lifesteal from every bit of magic damage you do, meaning if you have any good magic weapon you can become invincible. Before, I'd have to set up a massive arena for the hardcore bosses, or try and glitch it with a crab statue and the cross/star combo. Now I just need 2 star statues and a timer, and I'm set.

See those white lines coming from the turtle towards me? That's the life steal effect.

The spell I'm using, the Magnet Sphere, is also pretty powerful, if a bit difficult to use on fast moving enemies.

The magic cuffs are pretty good combo'd with that armor, too.

I'm really loving the variety of new gear that 1.2 added, it isn't "armor/weapon/spell but better" nearly as much as the previous update was. (Tiki armor :3:)

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

mechanicalFactory posted:

What's great about it too is that it sends the health to the lowest health member of the group, so while my buddy is playing his mage with full Spectre and the Fireball Pitchfork thingie, I get sweet heals as a melee character wading through the fire skeletons in the hardmode dungeon.

EDIT: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Inferno_Fork is the weapon he uses.

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 5, 2013

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Just loaded the game up, and noticed the title bar text was: Red Dev Redemption.

:master:

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Diabolists and necromancers are far too rare for farming their staffs, is there any way to guarantee spawning them? I'm already using a water candle and battle pots but there is no noticeable increase in their spawns.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

mirarant posted:

Diabolists and necromancers are far too rare for farming their staffs, is there any way to guarantee spawning them? I'm already using a water candle and battle pots but there is no noticeable increase in their spawns.

It seems like the droprates for the items are made with the spawnrates in mind, or maybe I'm just lucky with 5 shadowbeams in an hour.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

I love reading this thread and feeling pretty cool with my demonite pick and you guys are talking about rainbow bricks, unicorns and other crazy crap.

I'm right there with ya, just beat the Brain and feel pretty good about my progression. v:shobon:v Dunno, haven't had time to just play for hours on end though and honestly since I'm just waiting for Starbound, the more time I can waste on this the better.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

So my golem keeps getting stuck in the wall :( The fight seems really easy and makes me a little disappointed.

On the other hand, teleporters are super cool and allowed me to make a flying pyramid (goa'uld mothership) for a base and then a flying cloud house above that for my spawn and extra housing. I also have teleports to the dungeon, jungle and temple.

Temple traps are cool and make great base defenses. Just set up a bunch of spikey ball traps and put them on a timer. Flame traps are pretty awesome too.

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
You lot are brilliant. I have not, since the beta, made a different home than the standard 5x5 square with a chair and desk with a torch. The fact that there are teleporters that can bring you into dungeons instead of running for 4 minutes and traps that defend your house, just blows my mind.

I applaud you all.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I'm going on ten worlds explored with zero pyramids. I have the third red balloon, I just want my quadruple jump. :(

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I don't get the appeal of a double or even quadruple jump over rocket boots. I know you can have both, but I'd rather get straight to the rocketing and skip all this air jumping nonsense.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I used to play this with a few friends a few years ago. I just saw this thread and about both the updates I never heard about and want to get back into it, but now I have no friends to play with and it's boring to do it alone :(. I'd play on a goon server or some random one but for me 99% of the fun is starting from the bottom and discovering new things and what they do.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Male Man posted:

I don't get the appeal of a double or even quadruple jump over rocket boots. I know you can have both, but I'd rather get straight to the rocketing and skip all this air jumping nonsense.

The sandstorm in a bottle (and its associated balloon) makes you spin like a whirlwind during your double jump. It's awesome.

EDIT: Also, the double jumps (especially the blizzard and sandstorm) have more OOMPH than rocket boots. I use the bunch of balloons and rocket boots, and the boots are always a useful-but-plodding afterthought when I've exhausted my extra jumps. It feels like "WHOO!, Yeah!, alright!, uuuuuuuuuuuuugh."

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 5, 2013

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Ashsaber posted:

:argh: Damnit game, start genning a world I can actually use!:argh:

I'm looking for a world with crimson and snow biomes for my singleplayer game so I can do the new hardmode content, but the one stipulation I've set other than biome presence is pissing me off to fufill. Who knew it was so hard to get a small world where the jungle isn't immediately eaten by the crimson?

Is there some way for me to give you my world seed? I have what you want in a small world

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Male Man posted:

Flexibility = Fun

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ShadeofDante posted:

You go and build a dedicated party room for the party girl, naturally.

I'm still not sure rainbow brick walls would work better than the multicolored stained glass I used.

It's really amazing how much of a difference the Specter armor's set bonus makes, when combined with fast, accurate magic. I went from not being able to survive any of the hardmode bosses past the Twins to being able to solo Plantera and Skeletron Prime both without touching a single healing potion.

EDIT:

Ashsaber posted:

I've noticed that small worlds seem to have problems cramming all the biomes in now; there's some sort of collision between any combination of Jungle, Desert, and Snow that means at least one of the four is going to get completely devoured by Crimson/Corruption. I'm not sure why exactly that is, but it's happened in every single Small world I've gen'd. (Well, correction: Sometimes the crimson/corruption is devoured by the snow biome instead of the other way around.) In general, the biomes seem way too cramped aboveground in a Small world now; I'd go for Medium if you want a good amount of diversity but don't want to be setting wires forever for teleporters.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 5, 2013

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I had a lucky break dipping into the dungeon right at the start of hardmode and ended up with an Infernal Fork and enough to make a Spectre set. And a mechanical worm and skull. I dick around waiting for night to fall and the Twins show up. They go down in maybe 2 minutes and my health barely budges so I go ahead and facetank the Destroyer, shrug and shred me a Skeletron Prime. It's just ridiculous how strong that poo poo is.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/deans-custom-worldgen-mod.108408/

For those who want a world with everything.

Here you go, some guy on the Terraria forums made it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
re: basechat

Which metal block you guys think makes the best poop? Meteorite is a bit too greyish and reddish. And it shines. But I'm willing to deal with shining poop.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/deans-custom-worldgen-mod.108408/

For those who want a world with everything.

Here you go, some guy on the Terraria forums made it.

Awesome! Thank you so much for linking this. I realize its like stupidly OCD but the feeling of missing out on new content because of random chance was really bothering me.

I'll try it out tonight and see how it is. Hopefully something worth adding to the OP.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Mythical Golden Shower on first crafting. I'm running around my hardmode world dressed as the Ice King from Adventure Time pissing on everything. This game is the best.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Fewd posted:

re: basechat

Which metal block you guys think makes the best poop? Meteorite is a bit too greyish and reddish. And it shines. But I'm willing to deal with shining poop.

Though they're not metal, mud and silt are kind of poop like.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Nahxela posted:

Though they're not metal, mud and silt are kind of poop like.

True, but I appreciate the nuggety properties of the metal bar graphics.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Mud on the floor below the toilet. Dirt walls spaced out on the way down on any gray wall of your choice.
Then put a table and chair in and assign it to the Guide

MR. J fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 5, 2013

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

MR. J posted:

Mud on the floor below the toilet. Dirt walls spaced out on the way down on any gray wall of your choice.
Then put a table and chair and and assign it to the Guide

The bathtub counts as a table and the toilet counts as a chair. :unsmigghh:

Unfortunately, it's probably too small.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

President Ark posted:

Yes, but place them down in the poop pit. Make the poop pit big :ssh:

Do we have a brown light source?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

President Ark posted:

You got it all wrong, I mean put the Guide down below :mmmhmm:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Why would you do that? Unlike at launch, he's actually useful now for checking crafting recipies!

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Newcomers to the village are only told myths, nay, legends, of what lies beneath.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

thread posted:

poop chat

You can tell that this game and Starbound have the same fanbase. :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Fewd posted:

Newcomers to the village are only told myths, nay, legends, of what lies beneath.

You can also put Honey and Honeycombs in there, that kinda looks like nasty poo.

E: It also has the added effect of slowing the guide down a lot.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

poo poo! I just started playing the patch! How do ramps! How do Waterfalls! How... just how do anything!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

I feel like I'm worse. I play multiplayer with some friends and the most creative thing we've managed to make is a big one block thick ice fountain. And a giant dick as well since this game lets you place blocks so we all new that would pop up eventually. v:v:v

Pr0phecy posted:

You lot are brilliant. I have not, since the beta, made a different home than the standard 5x5 square with a chair and desk with a torch. The fact that there are teleporters that can bring you into dungeons instead of running for 4 minutes and traps that defend your house, just blows my mind.

I applaud you all.

If I was creative, I'd make some really nice and defensible houses for my NPCs as well. But we're in Hardmode now and too busy being slaughtered by Werewolves and possessed Armors. Speaking of that can anyone give me some advice on making that not happen? I'm using a Godly Night's Edge and Hellstone armor and can't keep myself alive during blood moons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
Anyone know if the Moss Hornet in hardcore underground dungeons drop Bezoar?

• Locked thread