Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Oh right, somehow my mind conflated being immobile with being prone, even though I knew it wasn't prone.

I remember the penalty to immobile being -4, but that seemed so harsh I've doubted my memory and assumed it's -2. Edit: Nope, it's -4! So the Phoenix will be getting 3s on its SRMs and 3/6 for the PPC and a 2 for it's kick, while the Cicada will get a 5.
Oh and your ominous tone just reminded me a target being immobile lets you target body parts.

Yep, might as well write her off then. Will destroying the CT lose power to the life support system once the head falls to the ground? She certainly can't eject with the radiation. If not at least she can record a love letter to her husband and her goodbyes to any children and other family members.
I'm kind of gloating that our two brave TDF pilots (on that map...) are probably still alive and retrievable (well, I don't know about the submerged one, but probably? Mechs have strong arms! At least they can try to go prone in the water and wrench out the cockpit intact?).

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Why do you guys keep talking about the Cicada's Minimum Range? It has an ER PPC there is no minimum range penalty, PTN has already addressed this at least once. The players need to account for that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Readingaccount posted:

Yep, might as well write her off then. Will destroying the CT lose power to the life support system once the head falls to the ground?

Life support is a self-contained system, hence why a full-head ejection system is possible.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I would really recommend assuming that the Firebee is gone. It burned bright, did amazing things, but is now going to die. Just take advantage of its noble sacrifice!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Q_res posted:

Why do you guys keep talking about the Cicada's Minimum Range? It has an ER PPC there is no minimum range penalty, PTN has already addressed this at least once. The players need to account for that.

Whoops, forgot about that entirely. In my defense, I wasn't talking about the Cicada's PPC when mentioning minimum ranges, I was talking about the Phoenix. If that also has an ER PPC with no minimum range, then yeah, the Firebee is likely toast even without the Phoenix's SRMs and the likely kick.

PoptartsNinja posted:

When a `Mech is shut down, it's considered immobile. This is a Very Bad Thing.

Readingaccount posted:

Oh right, somehow my mind conflated being immobile with being prone, even though I knew it wasn't prone.

I remember the penalty to immobile being -4, but that seemed so harsh I've doubted my memory and assumed it's -2. Edit: Nope, it's -4! So the Phoenix (if it's at +3 TH) will be getting 3s on its SRMs and PPC and a 2 for it's kick, while the Cicada will get a 5.
Oh and your ominous tone just reminded me a target being immobile lets you target body parts.

Yep, might as well write her off then. Will destroying the CT lose power to the life support system once the head falls to the ground? She certainly can't eject with the radiation. If not at least she can record a love letter to her husband and her goodbyes to any children and other family members.

Defiance Industries posted:

Life support is a self-contained system, hence why a full-head ejection system is possible.

Figured as much. The bonuses to hit an immobile target are pretty big, right? -4 to your shot, that's definitely pretty big. Maybe it doesn't even have to go for the called shot, since those are pretty tough to confirm last time I saw them in action, but yeah, the Firebee is likely done for even without aiming for specific things, especially with those TNs. Too bad.

At least the pilot could possibly survive if the mech doesn't blow apart due to an ammo explosion (which could be likely, I dunno where all the SRM ammo its holding is kept) or something similar. We at least know it won't Stackpole if the engine gets destroyed via 2 possible engine hit crits to the unarmored CT, since PTN doesn't play that way, so unless the head gets all its armor sheared off, or somehow loses life support and the pilot dies of radiation poisoning (or possibly pilot hits, she did already take one, noted as a shrapnel wound), the Firebee pilot can survive being left in a mission killed mech, I would think, until the Taurians are (hopefully, and it's really looking that way) swept from the field (at least on Yantai Reservation), and then she can be recovered and reunited with her husband who will survive this as well, I would hope.

If an ammo explosion does go off, then I doubt she'll survive, since (I'm pretty sure, I dunno) the Firebee doesn't have a full cockpit ejection system and just a the command couch ejecting into that radiation filled area doesn't really sound like a good idea, especially considering what the pilot there has to be wearing: just the neurohelmet, some shorts and a top, plus the cooling vest. She'd likely be cooked alive if she were in there with a radiation suit, especially with the overheat problems she's got going on right now... That pilot hit she took can't be helping things either, especially since it was fluffed to be a shrapnel wound, exposing those to radiation on top of everything else, would be bad, though with the fact that she'll be unprotected form the radiation there anyway, it likely won't matter.

So the Firebee is likely done for, and we'll see how the husband takes the mission killing, injury, and possible death of his wife. She had a good showing here so far, what with two mission kills on Yantai Reservation, though I would think that her husband wouldn't care about that at all over the safety of his wife. We'll see how the pilots of GoonReconLance, and especially Carbolic, play it. I don't expect him to act in character, but PTNs fluff will likely fill in some things there.

Also, congrats on your fluff again, PTN, on making us care about these pilots and writing all these words about how a fictional husband in a large hunk of metal can move to save his wife in a shut down gigantic fighting machine that is possibly on fire from being destroyed by a third giant fighting robbit about to shoot her ride. Even if the players aren't playing fluffy, you make it seem that way with your text, so keep up the good work!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shouldn't the Raven be working on that objective, visiting the little bunkers? If there's no obvious shots to take, I'd recommend going for the nearest bunker to scan. Losing the raven will mean losing that objective for sure.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

If an ammo explosion does go off, then I doubt she'll survive, since (I'm pretty sure, I dunno) the Firebee doesn't have a full cockpit ejection system and just a the command couch ejecting into that radiation filled area doesn't really sound like a good idea, especially considering what the pilot there has to be wearing: just the neurohelmet, some shorts and a top, plus the cooling vest. She'd likely be cooked alive if she were in there with a radiation suit, especially with the overheat problems she's got going on right now... That pilot hit she took can't be helping things either, especially since it was fluffed to be a shrapnel wound, exposing those to radiation on top of everything else, would be bad, though with the fact that she'll be unprotected form the radiation there anyway, it likely won't matter.

The two primary dangers from post-blast nuclear radiation are high energy fission fragments, if you happen to be in a place where you are getting hit by these you are proper hosed, and gamma rays from fission fragment decay. There are also beta rays, but I'm going to say those aren't an issue because a sturdy pair of boots and a decent coat will shield you from most of those. Since the bomb isn't actively exploding right at this very moment we can rule out the high energy fragments and just say there is a really intense gamma field in the area. Gammas don't interact with much, the probability for interaction goes up with atomic number (this is why lead is a better shield than, say, clothing). Honestly there isn't a radiation suit she could be wearing, independent of the heat concerns in the cockpit, that would keep her safe in the atmosphere short of some really dense power armor or some sort of pure loving magic.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
Between the thread and the fluff I figured playing my pilot as a pissed off face-hugging berserker who doesn't realize she's in a cute little antique mech was the way to go. I'm glad that kick worked out like I hoped it would.

If the mech wasn't on fire and glowing in the dark from radiation, I'd be sending orders for the pilot to pop the hatch and start shooting with her sidearm :black101:

(Yes, I know most mechwarriors don't carry one with them. It's the thought that counts.)

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

Olothreutes posted:

The two primary dangers from post-blast nuclear radiation are high energy fission fragments
Are you... trying to talk about Physics in Battletech?

Olothreutes posted:

...some really dense power armor or some sort of pure loving magic.
That's much better. Now we can go back to talking about what happens if (when?) the Firebee gets hit by the gun that shoots lightning.

Exploding Mech Day is the best day.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Is shooting declared after movement? Because if the Watchman declared some kind of charge or DFA on the Phoenix that might be just enough to draw its shooting attention away - hard to focus on the knocked-out enemy when another one is rocketing down on your head!

Sure, maybe mechanically that's not the best play, but it's certainly the most Heroic, and what are we here for if not that? Come on, Carbolic! It might be risky, But Think Of The Glory!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully the local radiation field would cause a catastrophic control failure in the fusion reactor feed, leading to a sudden massive increase in plasma density that causes an unstable and un-containable thermal expansion.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Dolash posted:

Is shooting declared after movement? Because if the Watchman declared some kind of charge or DFA on the Phoenix that might be just enough to draw its shooting attention away - hard to focus on the knocked-out enemy when another one is rocketing down on your head!

Sure, maybe mechanically that's not the best play, but it's certainly the most Heroic, and what are we here for if not that? Come on, Carbolic! It might be risky, But Think Of The Glory!

From what I've seen throughout this thread, how it works is that movement is before shooting, but the DFA is treated as a physical attack and those get resolved after the shooting phase. For what I've seen for a DFA, you declare you're doing one during movement, but it doesn't get resolved until the physical attack phase after all the shooting happens.

Tiny posted:

Between the thread and the fluff I figured playing my pilot as a pissed off face-hugging berserker who doesn't realize she's in a cute little antique mech was the way to go. I'm glad that kick worked out like I hoped it would.

If the mech wasn't on fire and glowing in the dark from radiation, I'd be sending orders for the pilot to pop the hatch and start shooting with her sidearm :black101:

(Yes, I know most mechwarriors don't carry one with them. It's the thought that counts.)

Hey, if it works, go with it. I could see your pilot packing heat in the cockpit, or at least somewhere nearby based off of how you played her. If the area wasn't radioactive and your mech not on fire, I would think that asking PTN in your next set of orders or a PM to write that into the fluff would be honored. I really do like how you've been playing her. My current vote for MVP in any case... Now to see if you survive this next turn and can do some more damage. And if not, then hopefully your pilot survives the destruction of her mech!

Leperflesh posted:

Shouldn't the Raven be working on that objective, visiting the little bunkers? If there's no obvious shots to take, I'd recommend going for the nearest bunker to scan. Losing the raven will mean losing that objective for sure.

I had forgotten all about that... I don't think scanning the bunkers is something you have to declare, I just assumed that PTN was going to do that offscreen if the Raven wasn't shooting anything or being shot at. Maybe the Raven pilot should stick that as a conditional on their orders or something, assuming it isn't going to be shooting at anything this turn and just moving into a better position...

As for the radiation talk, I figured that a rad suit would help or something with the fallout, but I guess popular culture regarding fallout zones and radiation and that kind of stuff lied to me. Still, going out there in the midst of a fallout zone with radiation all around with nothing more than standard mechwarrior piloting gear(neurohelmet, shorts and a top, and the cooling vest) would be a very bad thing. Especially seeing as how pilots will instantaneously die if the cockpit is breached or if the life support takes a hit according to the special rules for Yantai Reservation that PTN posted... And there's no way a rad suit would be comfortable at all in a mech cockpit even without taking the neurohelmet and cooling vest into consideration. The pilot of the Firebee would have cooked inside of it, what with the overheat problems she's been having...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 4, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

GhostStalker posted:

From what I've seen throughout this thread, how it works is that movement is before shooting, but the DFA is treated as a physical attack and those get resolved after the shooting phase. For what I've seen for a DFA, you declare you're doing one during movement, but it doesn't get resolved until the physical attack phase after all the shooting happens.

The important part is that if the enemy pilot (herein played by PTN) sees that he's getting bumrushed before he decides where to shoot, he's more likely to divert his fire.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

goatface posted:

Hopefully the local radiation field would cause a catastrophic control failure in the fusion reactor feed, leading to a sudden massive increase in plasma density that causes an unstable and un-containable thermal expansion.

Like putting too much air into a balloon! :fry:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Dolash posted:

The important part is that if the enemy pilot (herein played by PTN) sees that he's getting bumrushed before he decides where to shoot, he's more likely to divert his fire.

Maybe that would happen, but I doubt he won't take the opportunity to end the Firebee. The Taurian troops have already been shown to be indiscriminate in their attacks, what with the nukes beforehand. People mentioned in thread that in character they'll take their most opportunistic shots, which would be the Firebee in this case for the Phoenix, since its right there and shutdown, therefore immobile and with an open CT. Besides, that mech is pristine and one Watchman advancing on it, even with a possible DFA, probably won''t make it flinch and turn its guns towards him, no matter how much I want that to happen.

I dunno, we probably shouldn't hold out hope for the little mech. Maybe the pilot will survive, but that's it. The Watchman pilot will probably want to avenge his wife, if not her life then his mech at least, I would think.

\/\/\/\/\/ EDIT: True. And who here doesn't want to see more (successful) DFAs done by Goon pilots? Still, I don't think even a DFA is going to get the Phoenix to change targets.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 4, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Opportunistic shots is one thing, but you've got to have nerves of steel to ignore someone hot-dropping on top of you to shoot at a statue. Besides, it's less about effect and more about drama.

(I just want to see more DFA-ing, who doesn't?)

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Well, the crazy fellow would only have a 8.25% chance of success (11+).
Hmmm, come to think of it if the Firebee hadn't shut down, this would be the perfect time to jump in the water, kick at the air and waive the piloting roll not to fall. :v:

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 4, 2013

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

Leperflesh posted:

The bunkers are a secondary objective. Not getting killed is a primary objective. Raven could jump to middle island and try again at the Plainsman if he liked.

As much as Bellard wants to save his wife, a DFA has a 1/12 chance of success and would cause almost as much damage to the Watchman if successful as to the Phoenix. The much more likely scenario is an ignominious fall and no ability to help the Firebee at all.

Everyone seems to complain about the google doc... So do you want me to just tell you what my move is? Or keep you in suspense?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

As the blackjack pilot I'm not sure what I should be doing here - whether I should be moving north to engage the Phoenix or to stay down here and keep fighting the tanks.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

Tiny posted:

How much damage does a standard issue sidearm do against a mech again? (I seem to remember it being 1, which seems a bit much when a MG is 2.) It'd be kinda fun if PTN allows an optional rule for pilots to climb out of their downed rides to engage in fisticuffs or walk across the map towards extraction.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 4, 2013

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Depends on the pistol. Most `Mechwarriors carry needlers, which fire chunks of ballistic plastic that can't penetrate anything remotely resembling actual armor. Needlers are great against unarmored targets (like other `Mechwarriors or most infantry), since they cause enough blood loss to knock someone out of a fight in a few seconds even if they don't hit anywhere particularly vital.

Even a hand-held laser pistol would take something like half of an in-game hour to do one point of armor damage to a `Mech.

Carbolic posted:

Everyone seems to complain about the google doc... So do you want me to just tell you what my move is? Or keep you in suspense?

I only complain about the google doc because it made people stop using the thread as a resource for questions and/or advice. So long as people are using the resources available to them and get their orders in on time I don't care if you communicate with each other via singing telegram.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 4, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Carbolic posted:

The bunkers are a secondary objective. Not getting killed is a primary objective. Raven could jump to middle island and try again at the Plainsman if he liked.

As much as Bellard wants to save his wife, a DFA has a 1/12 chance of success and would cause almost as much damage to the Watchman if successful as to the Phoenix. The much more likely scenario is an ignominious fall and no ability to help the Firebee at all.

Bah! Statistics! You have no Honoure :argh:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
So, just as an FYI, I'm in the area that was getting Thundersnows due to thunderstorms colliding with a blizzard; so I'm very likely going to be trapped at work due to snow. I may not be able to do a second update this week, it'll depend on whether or not I even have power at home. We'll see how things go.

Letting everyone know in advance: It's OK to take some extra time to formulate your orders, I'll get you more details when I can.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, just as an FYI, I'm in the area that was getting Thundersnows due to thunderstorms colliding with a blizzard;

This needs to be the weather conditions for the next map. Also stay safe.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, just as an FYI, I'm in the area that was getting Thundersnows due to thunderstorms colliding with a blizzard;

Where the hell do you live so I can never move there.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

OptimusShr posted:

Where the hell do you live so I can never move there.

This but replace move with flying in that area. Cause blizzards are horrible to fly a plane through, and thunderstorms asre worse.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

This but replace move with flying in that area. Cause blizzards are horrible to fly a plane through, and thunderstorms asre worse.

You're supposed to fly over or around both. Don't be a bad man and fly through storms of any kind.

More related to the current scenario. RADIATION DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!
In the immediate aftermath of a nuclear blast like this, losing life support/stepping outside the 'mech wouldn't kill you very quickly from ionising radiation and the conditions aren't right for significant airborne particles that would end up killing you later and would be what your 'mech's life support could protect you from.

Why are FASA so bad at physics?

The heat would be a more immediate threat to life. There's water on the map so it's obviously not immensely hot, but air at 80 degrees celcius will cause problems pretty quickly.

For anybody who is interested, most radiation suits provide only marginal protection from ionising radiation. In most cases they don't need to as the real threat is radioactive contamination where the radioactive elements (Primarily those emitting Alpha and Beta radiation at high rates) enter the body or remain on the skin for an extended period of time. A radiation suit is airtight so you can work in a contaminated area and then decontaminate yourself quickly and easily afterwards.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Please don't debate the physics of giant stompy robots that can leap around and shoot lightning.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Remmon posted:

You're supposed to fly over or around both. Don't be a bad man and fly through storms of any kind.

More related to the current scenario. RADIATION DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!
In the immediate aftermath of a nuclear blast like this, losing life support/stepping outside the 'mech wouldn't kill you very quickly from ionising radiation and the conditions aren't right for significant airborne particles that would end up killing you later and would be what your 'mech's life support could protect you from.

The heat would be a more immediate threat to life. There's water on the map so it's obviously not immensely hot, but air at 80 degrees celcius will cause problems pretty quickly.

For anybody who is interested, most radiation suits provide only marginal protection from ionising radiation. In most cases they don't need to as the real threat is radioactive contamination where the radioactive elements (Primarily those emitting Alpha and Beta radiation at high rates) enter the body or remain on the skin for an extended period of time. A radiation suit is airtight so you can work in a contaminated area and then decontaminate yourself quickly and easily afterwards.

You know what else doesn't work that way? PPCs.

Or giant stompy robots, for that matter.

It does not matter. It's a game about giant death robots in a universe where most worlds have a cartoonishly low literacy rate; realism is not the point.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Remmon posted:

They're not, the "Radioactive Atmosphere" trait pretty much assumes a planetary surface laced with fissionables like uranium (Actually, they never define the source; there's a reason why "toxic atmosphere" specifies poisonous or radioactive, and then you have bug storms which are a threat but which also have other rules that can make them more dangerous in some ways). Which is stupid for its own reasons (that poo poo would be melting down constantly).

In terms of this scenario? It doesn't take much to make a person too sick to be useful; especially if the Taurians are using dirty bombs (I'm not saying they are, but it's not like a follow-up strike with a missile laden with radioactive dust is out of the question).

In happier news, I'm home (through no action of my own, my car can stay in that three foot drift all weekend) and an unanticipated twelve-hour shift should be a nice boost to the paycheck assuming I'm able to work my full shift tomorrow. Which will only happen if I can get the remote equipment working, since the roads will be completely impassable even for 4WD tomorrow.

Edit: Now if only the loving lightning would stop :psyduck:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 5, 2013

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

They're not, the "Radioactive Atmosphere" trait pretty much assumes a planetary surface laced with fissionables like uranium. Which is stupid for its own reasons (that poo poo would be melting down constantly).

In terms of this scenario? It doesn't take much to make a person too sick to be useful; especially if the Taurians are using dirty bombs (I'm not saying they are, but it's not like a follow-up strike with a missile laden with radioactive dust is out of the question).

In happier news, I'm home (through no action of my own, my car can stay in that three foot drift all weekend) and an unanticipated twelve-hour shift should be a nice boost to the paycheck assuming I'm able to work my full shift tomorrow. Which will only happen if I can get the remote equipment working, since the roads will be completely impassable even for 4WD tomorrow.

Radchat :science: planetary surfaces laced with fissionable material wouldn't matter, because almost all of that will decay via alpha and that stuff is (very nearly) completely harmless to humans. Seriously, it can't even penetrate the dead layer of skin. Just don't eat it/smear it in wounds/get it on your eyes/breath it. If you're talking about a planetary surface that can actually go critical, well, umm. Then you have a strange planetary geometry. If it goes super critical then the planet just blows itself apart, depending on the reaction speed and whatnot.

Just say the crust is very high in stuff like Caesium 137 and the like, those will cause a lot more damage than anything heavy enough to fission.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
So if I'm reading this right, the hex directly behind the Cronus is not in the Bobcat's arc even if he torso twisats right?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Olothreutes posted:

Radchat :science: planetary surfaces laced with fissionable material wouldn't matter, because almost all of that will decay via alpha and that stuff is (very nearly) completely harmless to humans. Seriously, it can't even penetrate the dead layer of skin. Just don't eat it/smear it in wounds/get it on your eyes/breath it. If you're talking about a planetary surface that can actually go critical, well, umm. Then you have a strange planetary geometry. If it goes super critical then the planet just blows itself apart, depending on the reaction speed and whatnot.

Just say the crust is very high in stuff like Caesium 137 and the like, those will cause a lot more damage than anything heavy enough to fission.

Maybe something like the Oklo natural fission reactor close to the surface?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

When a `Mech is shut down, it's considered immobile. This is a Very Bad Thing.

Looks like we're about to have another Engine Joe on our hands.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Voyager I posted:

Looks like we're about to have another Engine Joe on our hands.

The Ballad of Engine Joe was my favorite thing to come out of this thread. It's kind of scary to think that scenario was two and a half years ago.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
When is the next deadline?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Ahahahahahahh :shepface:

I can't believe I read this entire loving thing. So do I win anything? Except shame for using my free time like this, that is.

I would sign up as a player, but unfortunately my mandatory military service starts a couple months from now, and I probably won't be able to give space robits the attention that they deserve.

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

cafel posted:

(Thundersnows) needs to be the weather conditions for the next map.
I supported this until I read

PoptartsNinja posted:

bug storms which are a threat
Now I endorse Mechs having to run a gauntlet of Thundersnows on one side approaching Bugstorms on the other (and only because I don't think a ThunderBugSnow would be a viable thing).

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Theantero posted:

I would sign up as a player, but unfortunately my mandatory military service starts a couple months from now, and I probably won't be able to give space robits the attention that they deserve.

Don't worry, if you sign up now, you'll probably finish your service before your turn comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Don't worry, if you sign up now, you'll probably finish your service before your turn comes up.

And if not you can just PM PTN and defer until a later date. I pushed back my turn a scenario because I was super busy.

• Locked thread