Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

TjyvTompa posted:

There are 6 posts on this page alone about people not being able to play.

Ah, you said from the phone but it seems you meant the "pause" menu. Well that's nice to know, thank you. Finally some nice info in this thread.

Here's some cool info: If you do a solo race in the game and it fails to load the world record time (happens very often) your time will be counted as a world record towards the award that unlocks the special tattoo for holding a world record.

Nope, you can do that on the phone aswell ;) It's the left icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So apparently knocking off an armored car is worth like 9000 dollars. Gets you a 3 star wanted level which can be a bit hard to get away but doable.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I was playing fine until all the Americans woke up. Spoiling our fun again :(

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

cheesetriangles posted:

So apparently knocking off an armored car is worth like 9000 dollars. Gets you a 3 star wanted level which can be a bit hard to get away but doable.

Here's some cool info: You can very easily escape the cops by driving down into a train/tram tunnel. Just follow the tracks. Once you hit level 21 (thank you guy who said it was level dependent) you can call Lester to have him remove your wanted status for $500.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Did they fix the "multiplayer can skip singleplayer progress" poo poo yet?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So me and a bunch of other goons (Illigan, CascadeGamma, McSuds, BBBQlovin) decided to try and fly helicopters intot he military and figured out there is a hill that you can jump cars into it. We stole some jets and a bunch of tanks and basically blew up the place. Morale of the story you should be seeking out goons online because holy poo poo is it crazy fun.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

DeathSandwich posted:

Real cute, except I was playing fine yesterday and didn't see a terrible amount of unable to connects on the PS3 side post patch.

PS3 has been broken a lot longer than 360. People are probably a bit tired from trying.

However, his point is that there is no reason to come in here and ask, "Hey guys, is it down?" When Rockstar has been having issues for days now. Yes, it probably is down, especially if you've already gotten in and played. No one is really complaining about poo poo breaking after they're through the online tutorial, aside from lost saves(which is impatience due to the cloud being unavailable).

Jacada posted:

I was playing fine until all the Americans woke up. Spoiling our fun again :(

You can always play in a closed session if you don't want other players messing with you. You don't get it both ways(no one to mess with).

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey I was in on that military base raid. It was really fun even though I kept getting iced.
The Corrupt Cop session where all the police were stacked on top of the contraband was way fun too. Too bad dathmatches suck so bad.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 5, 2013

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

ShineDog posted:

Did they fix the "multiplayer can skip singleplayer progress" poo poo yet?

According to the patch notes, yes:
Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I guess we can all stop playing this since some hero has already beaten the game.

This is a guy who doesn't know about teleporting around the map using races.

Just zoom in on the map where you want to go, pick a race with X/Square, back out of the race lobby.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dreadwroth posted:

Hey I was in on that military base raid. It was really fun even though I kept getting iced.

Sorry if I missed your name I couldn't remember everybody. My PS3 froze at some point so I'm guessing you guys were there for a while longer.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Athanatos posted:

This is a guy who doesn't know about teleporting around the map using races.

Just zoom in on the map where you want to go, pick a race with X/Square, back out of the race lobby.

Or use the phone to quick-join a mission. (Thanks Das Butterbrot)

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So apparently it is not possible to insure a bike. Even though it cost 10,000 dollars.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Are armored cars random?

Also, yeah I bought the 10k bike and now I never ride it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dreadwroth posted:

The Corrupt Cop session where all the police were stacked on top of the contraband was way fun too. Too bad dathmatches suck so bad.

The river getaway was a very, very bad idea.

Later i'm going to try creating a playlist out of missions. i hate coming out of a mission and being greeted by nothing but 3 pages of deathmatches for the next round.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cheesetriangles posted:

So apparently it is not possible to insure a bike. Even though it cost 10,000 dollars.

Bicycles can't be destroyed so there's not much of an issue.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Rad Valtar posted:

Sorry if I missed your name I couldn't remember everybody. My PS3 froze at some point so I'm guessing you guys were there for a while longer.

PS3? Ohhh duhhh Im on XBOX. Guess goons like raiding the military base. :getin:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I think he might mean motorcycles.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm CascadeGamma in game. I ended up leaving a bit after you froze out. It was great fun, holy poo poo. Just watching McSuds jump onto a moving tank commando style and steal it to start things off was absolutely crazy. We had that poo poo locked down for like half an hour.

edit:

quote:

I bought one of the 15k motorcycles and could insure it fine, so I'm not sure what issue you're having.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

Any vehicle you buy has insurance on it already, doesn't it? Or is that just the freebie RH8?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I think he might mean motorcycles.

No, he does not. Motorcycles come with a tracker and insurance on them to start with.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Time for some morning 360 helicopter brigades. Goon Fleet, mount up...

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

PS3 has been broken a lot longer than 360. People are probably a bit tired from trying.

However, his point is that there is no reason to come in here and ask, "Hey guys, is it down?" When Rockstar has been having issues for days now. Yes, it probably is down, especially if you've already gotten in and played. No one is really complaining about poo poo breaking after they're through the online tutorial, aside from lost saves(which is impatience due to the cloud being unavailable).

You can always play in a closed session if you don't want other players messing with you. You don't get it both ways(no one to mess with).

I meant the servers now aren't working for me [PS3] since the Americans woke up and started logging on. So I've gone back to reading.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Icedude posted:

Any vehicle you buy has insurance on it already, doesn't it? Or is that just the freebie RH8?

Everything I have bought has had insurance already.

Also, I am not getting grinding Base Invaders... Seems way more time consuming and deadly, cannot see how it's more effective than Duct, maybe after the patch takes out deaths costing you, but even then I feel like Duct is gonna be better. The vid I saw says you can do it in 3-4 minutes but that doesn't include the flight there or back, I'm guessing a successful run is gonna take at least 7 minutes. Also, it says 1-4 people and only 2 can get in the plane lol. Tried it twice last night, didnt succeed. Seems like Duct is better imo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I logged in this morning and was missing about $200K. A couple hours worth of violent duct farming last night gone into the cloud. If anyone wants to do some more today, I'd be more than happy to join in. I was going to log in and buy an apartment this morning. I also lost five levels. Great.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 5, 2013

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
I've mostly been grinding the Survival mission you get when you unlock Trevor at the old hangar with the wrecked airplane. Good money and great RP when you can get to wave 7+ consistently (which is piss easy when youre not playing with total morons, because theres one location where you're protected from everything but point blank fire).

Spoilers: Stuff you unlock at about Rank 20.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 5, 2013

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hell yes, I'm representing the Row in GTA5. Two great tastes that taste great together :black101:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Cojawfee posted:

I logged in this morning and was missing about $200K. [...] I was going to log in and buy an apartment this morning.

You'd have lost the $200k either way, though this way you just lost it rather than spending it and having your apartment vanish instead.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Joining friends in this game is the loving worst. You automatically leave your old session and attempt to join the new one, find out it's full, then sit through 2-3 minutes of loading to get to another session. :sigh:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Songbearer posted:

Hell yes, I'm representing the Row in GTA5. Two great tastes that taste great together :black101:

3rd Street bitches! I don't know how exactly I broke my brain so bad but now whenever I have to pick colours in a video game it's either purple for Saints Row or blue for Something Awful.

Or bright pink or rainbows, that reminds me, once all this character deletion poo poo is sorted out I'm going to have to make the most homophobe-bating character/costume I can.. :nyan:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I mean bicycles not motorcycles yeah. Also they can be destroyed I had a BMX bike fall into the water and it said it was destroyed. Luckily that thing was only 800 bucks.

I only saw 1 Armored car so far but I didn't unlock them until a little bit ago so no idea.

Edit: Also I don't think the upgrading engine and stuff is supposed to be that class of car just won races total. I have about 40 wins / 40 losses total and have almost every upgrade unlocked on SUV's even though I though I have never once raced an SUV or anything considered a truck. It says I need 10 more wins for the final level of upgrade.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 5, 2013

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

How are all of you finding each other online? Is it just luck of the draw who gets placed on which server? Aside from wanting to meet up with you all online, I'd like to meet up with some co-workers who are playing.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I wish there was a better way to select what kind of mission you want from the quick job menu. What does rock star care if I want to run meth'd up 5 times in a row?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

FINALLY got online after this update. I'm really enjoying it. Also, pubbies suck at Deathmatch/LTS. I almost singlehandedly won a 4v4 LTS with just a pistol.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Party Plane Jones posted:

Bicycles can't be destroyed so there's not much of an issue.

They can be, only by explosions it appears though. I had to destroy one as part of a mission for gerald.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

cheesetriangles posted:

Edit: Also I don't think the upgrading engine and stuff is supposed to be that class of car just won races total. I have about 40 wins / 40 losses total and have almost every upgrade unlocked on SUV's even though I though I have never once raced an SUV or anything considered a truck. It says I need 10 more wins for the final level of upgrade.

Does that include air and sea races? Been thinking maybe that's their idea of "vehicle class".

e: PS3 something is down pff

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Oh nothing. Just my douchebag with my ride down at the rollercoaster.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

awesome-express posted:

Third Street Goons are reppin'

Hey, that's me! :woop:

Thanks for all the help with Violent Duct, I now have a lovely apartment. I had to quit because I ran out of ammo and wanted to save my cash.

Then the garage ate my fully modded car as punishment for grinding. :(

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

me your dad posted:

How are all of you finding each other online? Is it just luck of the draw who gets placed on which server? Aside from wanting to meet up with you all online, I'd like to meet up with some co-workers who are playing.

All you have to do is be in the same crew or have goons on your friends list and you can join their session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
How do you join friends in golf/etc? It always auto places me with someone even if I'm in a private session with a friend.

Also if anyone is up for playing PS3 (not grinding one mission) add ExCruceLeo.

• Locked thread