Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the sex ghost posted:

leeds are bad yall. really bad in fact

i've been saying this for ages but you wouldn't listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

lomas out

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Mowbray in.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Raffles posted:

Mowbray in.

Mowbray out :getin:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3OOK9wMxAk

goal of the season

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

:eyepop:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yay we won a game. Still think tony must go.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Phwoaar, love seeing a goal straight from the corner, Beckham-esque.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
glad we showed him the door. what a liability.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Anton Zingarevich was meant to pay the rest of the money to take over Reading by September this year, but hasn't. They've extended the deadline, but it's not something anyone can spin as massively positive.

Apparently Zingarevich has bailed and wants to sell off his 51% of the club to middle-east investors. Haven't seen him pictured at a game all season aside from the friendly against Oman and our opening game against Ipswich. Fingers crossed the new owners don't Portsmouth us.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/readingfc/articles/2013/10/07/93802-breaking-zingarevich-could-sell-stake-in-reading-fc/

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Apparently Zingarevich has bailed and wants to sell off his 51% of the club to middle-east investors. Haven't seen him pictured at a game all season aside from the friendly against Oman and our opening game against Ipswich. Fingers crossed the new owners don't Portsmouth us.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/readingfc/articles/2013/10/07/93802-breaking-zingarevich-could-sell-stake-in-reading-fc/

Welp, let's hope it's the generous type of middle-east investors I guess

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

At least we know why we spent nothing in the last window.

I thought it was suspect when people were arguing he had no cash, but he was buying ice hockey teams abroad.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Sorry to poo poo up your thread with plasticity, but I read in the Echo that Will Hughes will probably be sold by Derby after this season. I know Liverpool have been sniffing after him. What kind of player is he?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
He's a central midfield playmaker with very good close control

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

hes really good

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
He's going to be a top, top player you know e's got everything the lad

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

CisSTAR 19 posted:

Sorry to poo poo up your thread with plasticity, but I read in the Echo that Will Hughes will probably be sold by Derby after this season. I know Liverpool have been sniffing after him. What kind of player is he?

He was easily Derby's best player when they played Reading and he scored a super sick goal

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah I watched the opening game of the season on telly and he was great, by far the best thing about Derby's team that day.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Here's a quote from a local paper today:

Reading Chronicle posted:

READING FC chairman Sir John Madejski has ordered a media clampdown amid fears the sale of the club is about to fall through.

Madejski was hoping to sell his remaining 49% stake in the Royals to Anton Zingarevich before the end of September.
But Zingarevich, through his Gibraltar-based Thames Sports Investment company, failed to meet the deadline and is yet to find the £20 million to complete his takeover, having bought 51% for a similar amount 16 months ago.
Royals fans are now growing increasingly concerned that Zingarevich is looking to sell on his initial stake to new investors, possibly to a consortium from the Middle East.
It would not be the first time Zingarevich and TSI’s Chris Samuelson have been involved in buy-out controversy.
In 2005, Swiss financier Samuelson promised a £30m investment by Fortress Sports Fund in Everton Football Club, which involved Zingarevich’s billionaire dad Boris. But they pulled the plug months later to the fury of Toffees supporters.
Despite repeated attempts from the Chronicle this week to explain the current delay, Reading FC refused to comment on the speculation.
Royals director of football Nick Hammond said: “Those questions are for the chairman.”
However, supporters are now fearing the worst and are seeking clarification from the club.
A statement from the Supporters Trust At Reading (STAR) said: “STAR is well aware of numerous rumours concerning this matter and has been in contact with the football club on issues relating to the matter for quite some time.
“Clearly the position is now at a delicate stage and we are awaiting urgent responses to a number of our questions before making further public pronouncements. Rest assured that the STAR board is working hard in looking to protect the interests of supporters.”
Reading FC last week said they remain ‘comfortable’ with the situation, and were confident the deal would go through.
Zingarevich has been living back in Russia with model wife, Katsia, since the birth of their first child recently.
He has not watched a game at Madejski Stadium since the friendly with Oman on September 7.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Here's a quote from a local paper today:

He's going Full Bates, I cant wait for Reading fans to only be able to get their club news through Madejski FM

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

We are going to end up doing a Portsmouth but without the trophies :(

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Madejski already owns the other local paper. DUN DUN DERRRRRRRRRRR

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

How did watford end up with four games in two weeks and then two games in four. Some serious bullshit imo, I want to watch some football.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Apparently we only paid £38k compensation for Crystal Palace's u16 captain, England youth player and schoolboy championship winning captain.

Not being a tier 1 club in the EPPP world is brutal.

*EDIT*

Comparatively we just signed Georgia U19 international Lasha Dvali for £1m from Skonto Riga.

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 14, 2013

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Tony...no...

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Tony I think it's time.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pissflaps posted:

Tony I think it's time.

Taxi for Mowbray :frogout:

Edit: Reports of civil war at half-time with one chunk of fans singing "you're getting sacked in the morning." while the other is singing "there's only one tony mowbray."

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 19, 2013

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Comparatively we just signed Georgia U19 international Lasha Dvali for £1m from Skonto Riga.
I'm pretty sure that's a Hindu drinking game

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Looks like Rob Jones broke his arm today in our 4-1 embarassment at Reading. See you in the League 1/2 thread. :(

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
https://twitter.com/FadedMFC/status/391620860458852352/photo/1

lmao

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Haha that's perfect

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
https://twitter.com/Paul5Robbo/status/391645511142227968/photo/1

now in beautiful higher res~

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

Looks like Rob Jones broke his arm today in our 4-1 embarassment at Reading. See you in the League 1/2 thread. :(

Is thehappyprince going to change his ire to Reading now?

I've got a sneaking suspicion our new manger isn't very good.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I am sick of tiny mowbray somebody please do something!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I am sick of tiny mowbray somebody please do something!

He's not even that small!

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Is thehappyprince going to change his ire to Reading now?

I've got a sneaking suspicion our new manger isn't very good.

no bc reading didn't set out to deliberately attack our strikers and remove our only chance of scoring hth and death to brighton forever

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Birmingham are loving crap.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

thank you for bollocking the brum leeds

Jose
Jul 24, 2007