Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, Trevor's border patrol mission is unmitigated (Rockstar-signature) bullshit. It won't let me shoot the people who should get shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Are you using the stun gun?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He's saying he can't choose to kill the border patrol dudes. Don't worry, those missions have a great payoff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

Are you using the stun gun?
I think you misunderstand what I'm saying.

edit: ^^^ yep. The game wouldn't let me pull the trigger.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just keep playing those border patrol missions.

And speaking of border patrol, those random events totally screwed me over until I knew what to expect. Shotgun to the face while struggling to aim while driving, not cool man. But of course you can just get out, activate bullet time and get rid of those guys.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Now that online is working, I'm enjoying it. Won the first race, a bunch of people playing together called me a friend of the family a few times after the race, so after they got in my car for the next mission I decided to drive the car off a pier instead :devil:

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

You can but its kind of tricky and involves walking across some girders. There's a parachute up there and I got out of that mission by jumping off the crane.

Parachuting off is one of the requirements to 100% this mission. I don't think you have to jump from the crane but I did after making the girder walk and falling but landing on one of the little catwalks on the crane thankfully.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, Trevor's border patrol mission is unmitigated (Rockstar-signature) bullshit. It won't let me shoot the people who should get shot!

It's a side story mission with side characters, dip poo poo! Just keep playing them and the story will eventually let you kill them however you want in the end.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

With a combination of my cellphone, a cartomizer punch, a multitool, and a bottle of ecig juice I now have Michael running a circle in the desert for several miles. He is literally carving a little circular groove into the ground. I would take a picture but my phone is pushing the thumbstick.

Kifflom. KIFFLOM!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying.

edit: ^^^ yep. The game wouldn't let me pull the trigger.

Try covering them in gasoline and setting them on fire. More like border petrol if you ask me :v:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hope you guys have been investing in PIS and HAL, both have spiked in price in the last 24 hours.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
"Your save game appears to be corrupt" :gonk:.

Thank god I made multiple savegames.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

AndyElusive posted:

It's a side story mission with side characters, dip poo poo! Just keep playing them and the story will eventually let you kill them however you want in the end.
Naw, I figured that it would end that way but that does not mitigate the bullshit of my gun just refusing to fire like that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Samurai Sanders posted:

It wouldn't be a big issue except that online is loving fun and has a whole bunch of interface improvements that single player doesn't have.

The ragdoll button doesn't work in online which is some fuckin buuuullshit. (At least it doesn't seem to, someone please tell me I'm wrong.)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/9248581/Man-steals-police-car-after-crash

What would Jack Thompson say... :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of the ragdoll button, its super fun to go out into the mountains, jump on the downslope and hit the ragdoll button. You start rolling downhill like a motherfucker.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KDdidit posted:

When does Redwood go up after the 2nd assassination mission? I got the 80% return out of Debonair and reinvested it in Redwood, slept at least 8 times and it's like +.04%. Not the weekend or anything.

If anybody else has this happen just go do something else other than sleeping/saving. Went for a long drive and dicked around for a bit and next time I checked the stock it was up. Same thing happened with Vapid stock I think. Sleeping/saving wouldn't get it going, but just spending time doing something did.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Speaking of the ragdoll button, its super fun to go out into the mountains, jump on the downslope and hit the ragdoll button. You start rolling downhill like a motherfucker.

This is what godmode is made for, it's like playing Just Cause 2 with an improved engine :allears:

e] That reminds me, my one gripe with these games, same as GTA4, I wish when you died it didn't fade out to reloading until you hit X or something. If I die by being lit on fire and exploded off a cliff I want to see it in all it's glory dammit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I've finished the game and think its kind of weird that throughout the entire thing you never fly a fighter jet. In fact, after the first couple of Trevor missions you never have to fly a plane in any story mission. Just seems kind of weird. Same with how they put in a lot of elaborate areas that they don't touch, like the prison or the outdoor auditorium up in the hills.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

So I've finished the game and think its kind of weird that throughout the entire thing you never fly a fighter jet. In fact, after the first couple of Trevor missions you never have to fly a plane in any story mission. Just seems kind of weird. Same with how they put in a lot of elaborate areas that they don't touch, like the prison or the outdoor auditorium up in the hills.

Future online content, maybe?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I had that same thought, but then realized that all these areas and vehicles are getting used in GTA Online. Add in the mission creator when it's released and you can build a mission around any place on the map.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do some people never answer the phone? Or do they just have really specific times where you can call them?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RatHat posted:

Do some people never answer the phone? Or do they just have really specific times where you can call them?

Some don't, like Mary-Ann.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

Some don't, like Mary-Ann.
Speaking of Mary-Ann, I wanted to go all the way across the map to meet her but the taxi just didn't have the fast travel option. I even changed taxis and it was the same story. Is there something specific that causes that?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Had you been playing online at all? You can't teleport in a taxi online, and maybe it carried that over by mistake?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh...I'm in Lords and Ladies for goons...their tag says BOYS?

LAME!

One of the Goon COD clans used BOYS as a tag and it pissed pubbies off big time, so the joke carried over

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

ElwoodCuse posted:

One of the Goon COD clans used BOYS as a tag and it pissed pubbies off big time, so the joke carried over

Our beautiful beautiful elite logo:

Our motto is also "HOMOS ERECT US". Pubbies do get pretty mad :v:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That logo is brilliant, gentleman.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
If the pubs won't like it the goons gon' love it.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

The housemaid just walked past (Michael) and said "Ms Amanda give me pill, say I'll work faster".

The game has so many hidden jokes, GTA IV I was still finding things here any there years after, this already just has so much more.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ExplodingSquid posted:

The housemaid just walked past (Michael) and said "Ms Amanda give me pill, say I'll work faster".

The game has so many hidden jokes, GTA IV I was still finding things here any there years after, this already just has so much more.

Housemaid? God drat there are layers upon layers.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I really wish they had let you mess around with the radio or come up with personal playlists. I'd be listening to Channel X all the time if that horrendously stupid "mouth don't stop" song wasn't present, not to mention it feels like it plays every other song.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
So the Android app is still not out?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, you can spoil the ending if you want, but I gotta know something about that bullshit fake heist mission about a third into the game. Did they ever explain what that weapon was? Or why Trevor just gave it up because Lester told him to? And how it got back under the ocean? And where the helicopter I got went? Or any of the other dozen things about it that make no sense? Or was that heist just part of the game that Rockstar developed halfway but had to abort for budget reasons or something and hastily tied off?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 6, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, you can spoil the ending if you want, but I gotta know something about that bullshit fake heist mission about a third into the game. Did they ever explain what that weapon was? Or why Trevor just gave it up because Lester told him to? And how it got back under the ocean? And where the helicopter I got went? Or any of the other dozen things about it that make no sense? Or was that heist just part of the game that Rockstar developed halfway but had to abort for budget reasons or something and hastily tied off?

It was a nuclear bomb. It's to set up Merryweather as an opposing faction. You need to dump the Cargobob because it'd get recognised I guess. The heist was probably going to be that all along but it's not very good

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nope.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow Rockstar. Surely with a budget of $texas and the knowledge that no matter when you release the game you will get rich, you could have revisited that plot and even ATTEMPTED to make it make any sense before launch? I mean, technical issues can be fixed with patches later on, but plot issues can't, unless you're idiotic like the Mass Effect 3 writers.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 6, 2013

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow Rockstar. Surely with a budget of $texas and the knowledge that no matter when you release the game you will get rich, you could have revisited that plot and even ATTEMPTED to make it make any sense before launch? I mean, technical issues can be fixed with patches later on, but plot issues can't, unless you're idiotic like the Mass Effect 3 writers.

Breathing is almost the most important thing, no?

Exhale.

Namaste.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
For all the amazing things in GTAV Rockstar have made some odd decisions here and there. It is still a fantastic game, but there is some stuff that is just :psyduck: and :wtc:.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Your colon, too much red meat?

Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Really? The purpose of that mission was to show that the protagonists aren't entirely protected by the FIB, and if they do something too big they'll have the whole world on their asses.

• Locked thread