Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

And when your friends quit because their characters have been eaten, you won't be playing either, so you have a knock-on effect.

I assume fixing this is their #1 priority, but I'm waiting a couple of weeks before I try playing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
I keep trying to like this and every time i get a hour or two on the PS3 it's great...

Then it dies and i cant connect again and lose everything and i want to hate it again.

drat you Rockstar.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lost my first character. :( I was only level 13 but drat that sucks. Gonna wait a few days and hope he shows up.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Friend lost a garage but it showed up next time he logged in. :iiam:

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

iRend posted:

Ok, nothing is better than wiping out at the beginning of a race, and then slipstreaming your way from 8th to 1st in the last 1/100th of a second. Nothing.

I almost caught you but you got though the finish line right before I passed. Was great fun tonight. I love races.

But I had to go as its... very early in the morning. Fuuuuck, this game.

Got my first apartment today too. I have no doubt the cloud will eat it, but its been cool smoking bongs and watching tv in my virtual home payed with by blood money.

Also, people losing characters. Could you post if its 360 or ps3 you're on. I have a feeling this is more prone on ps3.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I was having bad luck finding a range rover SUV to sell so grabbed a nice looking car and crossed my fingers.

Lampadati Felon sells for $9200

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Good thing I've only been spending money on ammo and armor I guess.

Still laughing about the races and stuff a bunch of us did last night. I am the worst driver ever (and a cheater at bicycle races)

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

My character came back! sorta. It lists all their stats and proper money but it doesn't show their body or face or anything. Last time that scenario happened trying to select them to play caused it to instead create a new character and my old one was lost forever. So if that happens to you wait until they are fully back.

Innovacious
Jun 27, 2012

Drink Lucozade to keep your energy maintained!
Apparently there is no limit to how many free Elegy RH8's you can get?

Maj._Victory
Sep 16, 2007

BUILD MORE CITY WALLS!
Ramrod XTreme
Dammnit, lost my level 21 guy. At least all the money in the bank is still there. Seems like a lot of people are losing their characters today, so maybe its just some issue at the moment and they'll come back later. Otherwise, its going to be a while before I get back up there again. :smithicide:

Edit: Created a new character in the other slot, and now I can't get past the starting race.

Maj._Victory fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 6, 2013

Tell
May 26, 2013
I lost today my character for the third time since the launch, he had level 19. I don't think that he comes back after some time when I don't create a new one?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:siren: If your garage is full don't replace something with a modded car, it will lose all mods every single time. Lost like 30 grand this way. :siren:

So, anyway, the Luxor just does not agree with me. Did a plane race with Third Street Goons, first in a stunt plane and placed second to last, while everyone was crashing their Luxors but still getting ahead, picked that plane next round and I must've crashed like 20 times in a row.

Also played No Hay Bronca, where everyone died but KillerKatten, who I watched expertly taking out the remaining gang members with his lovely pistol and blowing up the cars, but when he was at the very last one he stood too close to the explosion.

:negative:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 6, 2013

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Maj._Victory posted:

Great times indeed. After you left I joined up with a group running this awesome mission called Break the Base or something where you fly into the military base and blow up some planes, steal the cargobob, and make a cool 25k. Making up that 10 grand shouldn't take long, assuming the butt doesn't eat it again. Thankfully the only things I've lost are a couple early characters and a few cars.

Selfie from my perspective with DeathSandwich and Sequalsgoon:

Must go deeper!

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
It's nearly 4am why am i still racing cars and boats and helicopters and motorcycles and bicycles and planes...

That question needs no answer, does it?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

iRend posted:

It's nearly 4am why am i still racing cars and boats and helicopters and motorcycles and bicycles and planes...

That question needs no answer, does it?

GTA ONLINE BABY.

I'm -almost- glad I'm unemployed...

Almost.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are masked glitched or something? Once I equip mine I can't unequip it. I can only remove it when I put on my hat (which can be unequiped without problems).

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Innovacious posted:

Apparently there is no limit to how many free Elegy RH8's you can get?

:stare: so what happens when you try to sell them all at LS Customs?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Are masked glitched or something? Once I equip mine I can't unequip it. I can only remove it when I put on my hat (which can be unequiped without problems).

Are you trying to do it in-store, or are you trying in your inventory? Hold the back/select button, go to inventory, you should be able to switch masks, hats, glasses, etc there.

If that doesn't work, then I dunno.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I got my third character up to level 8 before stopping last night and then this morning I got an email in regards to my lost character support ticket saying the issues are fixed, but based on the thread it seems characters are still getting eaten?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Jimbot posted:

On PS3, when you remove it, you lose all your hair. v:shobon:v

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I bought the thing and I figured I'd just equip it and fool around in the world, but I can't unequip it even from the inventory screen. It only comes off when I switch to my hat.

Innovacious
Jun 27, 2012

Drink Lucozade to keep your energy maintained!

beanieson posted:

Does not even give the sell option

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't join any jobs. All I get is "The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now. Please try again later. Return to GTA Online." and then I just go back to the open world where I hear this gear breath heavily into his mic. Haven't been able to do more than the tutorial and two death matches which was me vs four people.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

beanieson posted:

My thoughts exactly. But there's still the timer on selling cars. If you can get more than 9k for them, though, that would be a nice scheme.

Innovacious posted:

Does not even give the sell option

edit: ah :(

Maybe a friend can sell them? I know they're owned, but maybe they're glitched.

That is strange because my personal car always has a sell option in the paint shop.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 6, 2013

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

According to a random pubbie the timer for selling cars to Los Santos is 45 mins.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I'm done trying until I get confirmation that won't happen again.

Yeah, this is common sense. Right now, servers are eating characters, and the highest-paying jobs aren't even in the game yet. Grinding the same few actions hundreds of times over to buy properties and gear that you shouldn't even be able to afford at this point anyway, only to see your character devoured by a hosting glitch is going to drive you insane.

What I can't wrap my head around is that in spite of all of this craziness, some people really want to buy GTABux right now.

Your safest bet right now is (if you're going to play at all) to play very casually. I've a hunch that by next weekend almost all the major issues will be fixed, but that's still just conjecture.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Blegh. Lost my third character on 360 this morning. Along with the $200,000 that I'd saved up in the bank. I just wanted to get a nice apartment... :smithicide:

Doesn't even list her stats or anything on the Social Club, so pretty sure she's off mugging angels in :iiam: The Cloud :iiam:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

:siren: Don't mod a car before you place it in your garage, it will be replaced by an unmodded version every time. Lost like 30 grand this way. :siren:

So, anyway, the Luxor just does not agree with me. Did a plane race with Third Street Goons, first in a stunt plane and placed second to last, while everyone was crashing their Luxors but still getting ahead, picked that plane next round and I must've crashed like 20 times in a row.

Also played No Hay Bronca, where everyone died but KillerKatten, who I watched expertly taking out the remaining gang members with his lovely pistol and blowing up the cars, but when he was at the very last one he stood too close to the explosion.

:negative:

Uh, both my cars still have armor and my sports car still has the la cucaracha horn I bought for it. Though I did have the issue where the cloud did eat one of my cars, it was simple enough to get a new one.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MrJacobs posted:

Uh, both my cars still have armor and my sports car still has the la cucaracha horn I bought for it. Though I did have the issue where the cloud did eat one of my cars, it was simple enough to get a new one.

I meant to say, if your garage is full and you need to replace a car, the one you enter will lose all mods.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
This is starting to wind me up. Whenever I'm at work or about to go to sleep, PS3 GTAO seems to work flawlessly for everyone. As soon as I get home/have a day off the servers start loving up and no-one can play :(

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Hamburlgar posted:

This is starting to wind me up. Whenever I'm at work or about to go to sleep, PS3 GTAO seems to work flawlessly for everyone. As soon as I get home/have a day off the servers start loving up and no-one can play :(

For what it's worth it started to crap out at about this time yesterday and it's working okay so far so you might be in luck

Also everyone that lost a character, did you quit the game by going to single player first or did you just log out?

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

I played my first couple games of team deathmatch today and they were really fun. I was surprised the autoaim doesn't make it weird, I wish I could play more but the PS3 servers appear to be down now

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
This is peak time since mostly the entire world is trying to play at this hour of the day. If it's any consolation, it's probably hosed everywhere (it is in the UK right now).

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

VarXX posted:

For what it's worth it started to crap out at about this time yesterday and it's working okay so far so you might be in luck

Also everyone that lost a character, did you quit the game by going to single player first or did you just log out?
The second time I lost one, I definitely quit to single player first. PS3 if that makes a diff....

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

VarXX posted:

I always exit to single player on PS3. Lost two characters over the past a day, but never before that.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I've been playing 360 and so far not lost a character, but I feel for you guys. In the mean time I'm going to play some loving golf on the 360 in order to level up and become world champion- Aegobolus is my gamer tag by the way.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

VarXX posted:

For me, I got stuck in an endless loading screen after a Darts game. I left it running for 15 minutes with nothing happening, so I had to turn off my console. That's probably what did it in.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

VarXX posted:

I just lost my level 39 character. I quit to singleplayer then I joined online again to see that it was saved. I then quit to singleplayer again and now when I started the game it was gone, sweet. On 360.

Edit: I doubt the character is really gone, it was only gone when I started the game straight into Online mode from the dash. If I try to join online from singleplayer I instantly get the message that the rockstar servers are unavailable. I guess this is when people create new characters that then overwrite their real characters they thought was gone.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 6, 2013

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

VarXX posted:

My Xbox hardlocked when logging in, and after logging back in, my character was gone.

Which doesn't bode well, since my newer character just had another hardlock after buying a new hairstyle :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

If you have a character you would not want to see lost, even if you have not lost a character before, I'd really recommend against playing. Characters disappearing has become rampant. I'm not logging in come hell or high water until a new patch drops.

Robawesome posted:

I got my third character up to level 8 before stopping last night and then this morning I got an email in regards to my lost character support ticket saying the issues are fixed, but based on the thread it seems characters are still getting eaten?

Generic response. My friend (on 360) made a ticket about a character that disappeared last night and the response talked about the Friday patch.

• Locked thread