Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

robotsinmyhead posted:

Maybe? I know when I was racing GT5 a lot, my bluetooth mic would just stop working. Not the mic, but whatever was driving it on the PS3 side. It was awful.
Oh no, I don't have connection issues, the sound quality is just poo poo. Also other players are often too quiet to hear even with the volume on mine jacked all the way up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

N is for Nipples posted:

I wish people raced. I have trouble getting a single person into a race lobby, and when I do get someone race with, they leave after the first race.
This part really blows my mind. There are so many people playing GTA Online, but so few doing jobs it seems. I just want to deathmatch :(

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looks like I have all my money in the bank still even though both my characters are gone. There is still a little hope they will come back soon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

cams posted:

This part really blows my mind. There are so many people playing GTA Online, but so few doing jobs it seems. I just want to deathmatch :(
They've gotta adjust the poo poo out of the incentives and the method for joing jobs in order to keep that going, or else it will completely fizzle.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I know it's not proper "racing", but swapping winners between 2 people for an hour or so is really pretty fun, grabs a surprising amount of money/RP, and unlocks car upgrades.

And you learn the tracks.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Samurai Sanders posted:

They've gotta adjust the poo poo out of the incentives and the method for joing jobs in order to keep that going, or else it will completely fizzle.

Yeah, there's zero reason to stay in free roam multiplayer, and that's a big dent in a multiplayer game. It's already bad enough that most of the playerbase just wants to run you over or shoot you on sight, add that to people bleeding banked money and assets not saving and there's very little reason to actually play.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I'm going on for a gently caress about now.

If any Third Street Goons are about I'll join you.

Or add me on XBOX TheAllyClark

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

coyo7e posted:

Grab a chopper, fly way way up, hit Start, do what you need to on your phone.

Doesn't really answer my question whether or not buying apartments is even working at all right now.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
Anyone else like putting bounties on people and watching them on the TV? Feels like I'm watching my own reality tv show.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

jsun posted:

Anyone else like putting bounties on people and watching them on the TV? Feels like I'm watching my own reality tv show.

I think you just found me my endgame.

e: can you put on a bounty and a merryweather hitsquad? :getin:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

jsun posted:

I'm rather pissed you can't put bounties on yourself because it'd be good for drawing people to you as sniper bait.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I love when a company confidently declares their issues resolved, and they immediately reoccur.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Just logged on there for the first time since last night and I've lost my guy and have to do the tutorial again :(

Luckily I was only level 8 and now my character resembles a badder rear end Kanye West.

gently caress Rockstar.

E: My other character is still visible on the social club website. Does this mean he'll come back or is he lost in a fluffy Rockstar Cloud until the end of time?

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 7, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Aphrodite posted:

I love when a company confidently declares their issues resolved, and they immediately reoccur.

I think it's funny that their position since launch has been like, "some people have experienced these occasional problems, and we're looking into it." I mean, I'm not expecting them to straight up say, "wow our poo poo's hosed" but the line they've been toeing completely obscures the scope of the current problems, and as a consumer I feel like it's kind of a dick move.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Seems like the usual PR that any company would give to me. It's not like they will ever be held to any legal standards on how they described the situation.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
If anyone is ducts farming on PS3 could I get an invite? Brotein_Shake410

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

DrNutt posted:

I think it's funny that their position since launch has been like, "some people have experienced these occasional problems, and we're looking into it." I mean, I'm not expecting them to straight up say, "wow our poo poo's hosed" but the line they've been toeing completely obscures the scope of the current problems, and as a consumer I feel like it's kind of a dick move.

It's just corporate speak. "Some users" means "most users".

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah ha ha, I've had an apartment eaten, and now I've got another character eaten. Cloud gaming needs to wait five or ten years until it's really reliable for people to start using it.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
They need to release those freakin' cash cards!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I see they've still not fixed the opening tutorial completely. Still laggy as gently caress after the race.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

numbs posted:

Yes that would be a good idea with people still losing their saves left and right.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

numbs posted:

While people are still losing characters and apartments?

The internet would go into meltdown if they released them and folk started losing real money.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

numbs posted:

They're not going to release those until they get their poo poo back together about characters and money.

On the other hand, for everyone waiting to see when things stabilize before playing GTA:O again, when they reintroduce cash cards is going to be a very good indicator!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah ha ha, I've had an apartment eaten, and now I've got another character eaten. Cloud gaming needs to wait five or ten years until it's really reliable for people to start using it.

Pretty sure it's been like this forever.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

N is for Nipples posted:

I wish people raced. I have trouble getting a single person into a race lobby, and when I do get someone race with, they leave after the first race.

I always get into full or nearly full games just doing a quick-join for racing, try that. My problem with races is that the catch-up option is on by default and nobody ever turns it off, so the race winner is just whoever was far enough back to get the big speed boost but close enough to use it to overtake first place, or alternatively the winner is the person who got rammed into a corner by other players the least.

NeonCowboy
Oct 9, 2009

I see y'all flashing, diamond, dancing, shining /
Keep your head up
I sure hope the gaming press rips them a new rear end in a top hat all day every day this week that their patch did gently caress all and that everybody is still losing their poo poo.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I really don't like the Bad Sport tag for blowing up someones personal vehicle, I shouldn't get punished for blowing up the guy who's chasing after me shooting.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Took my crew about 4 days to show up.

4 days of repeatedly uploading the emblem, or did they upload it and it was blank/corrupt for 4 days before it fixed itself?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Tobaccrow posted:

4 days of repeatedly uploading the emblem, or did they upload it and it was blank/corrupt for 4 days before it fixed itself?

Blank the entire time :( Only showed up today.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Cute as heck posted:

Dang, this didn't work for me :(

I got helmets to work on my female character without having to fiddle with a male character:

Go change your hair style.

For some reason the wavy bob hair I had would let me choose whatever head item I wanted save for helmets, but when I went to loose bob, helmets appeared and the majority of the head items disappeared. Buy helmet you want, swap back to hair you want, helmet.

Hair might clip out but hey. :v:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm unreasonable annoyed that the suit jackets and suit pants don't match.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Pwnstar posted:

No, I'm pretty sure this is totally reasonable.

aliasedman
Aug 14, 2011

jsun posted:

Hahaha. Maaan, if my characters ever show up again, I know what I'm blowing my 50k in the bank on. Thank you.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Pwnstar posted:

I don't understand why all the clothes aren't available to everyone. Maybe my fun time peyote fiend girl wants an army hat, but no that's a boys only thing :(

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I can confirm that doing solo races does not count toward the "win x races with this car class" unlocks, you need to be at least 2 people. I can also confirm that for the missions where you need to photograph the corpse (Martins missions usually) you can photograph them using a selfie and it will work.

Sending a team of merryweather mercenaries on some high level dude and watching him squirm on the tv in your apartment is really fun. I would also like to thank whoever posted about landing on the roof of a los santos customs when you have a bounty on yourself, that was some fun times except for when a crewmember turned up looking for me (whatup dadtoucher :o).

I noticed that most of the harder missions have enemies spawning to infinity, for example the base invaders one have soldiers spawning out of the white double doors on the left of the hangar that has the helicopter you are supposed to steal. Position yourself with a sniper rifle and you'll be able to kill them until your fingers fall of or you run out of ammo. Another Martin mission where you are supposed to steal a truck (stickup the stickupcrew) was even worse, the enemies just kept coming. This is what it looked like when I did it myself, got +3000 RP in total but it really sucked driving that truck for 3 miles being chased by an infinite amount of cars and soldiers:

If you are in a helicopter with miniguns and you see someone being inside a los santos custom you can land outside it and point your guns a little bit to the left of the opening, when the icon disappears start shooting, they'll spawn momentarily, but they do not come out like when you go out yourself, they pop out a bit to the left.

Shoutouts to jmsalxndr who drove around with me blastin' fools and honkin' the dixie horn (Musical Horn 1) tonight, the last guy we killed put a bounty of a whole $1000 on me. Merryweather mercenaries was with him shortly.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

robotsinmyhead posted:

Check out the Sultan, Felon, Ocelot, and Oracle.

SUVs too obviously, but those are slow and boring.

No love for the Buffalo?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

BitBasher posted:

No love for the Buffalo?

The Bravado Buffalo is the best, I got mine totally pimped out. Got that deep blue metallic, dixie horn, custom tires, the works :c00l:

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

NeonCowboy posted:

I sure hope the gaming press rips them a new rear end in a top hat all day every day this week that their patch did gently caress all and that everybody is still losing their poo poo.

I honestly don't think anyone could make Rockstar give a poo poo about our complaints.

Like they really care about us losing progress. We've already given em our money. Never thought I'd consider the same company that gave us Manhunt and The Warriors to just not give a poo poo about a broken game.

Fallout New Vegas sure had some horrible bugs, but goddamn I wasn't losing my save games.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
How do you lose a bounty, apart from being killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Slim Killington posted:

How do you lose a bounty, apart from being killed?
They should implement a way to fake your own death.

• Locked thread