Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Where do you go to see your banked money?

Press start or down on the d-pad in the game when you are in online mode. Click on your online character if you are on the socialclub website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo :lol: The retry button nukes your character.

That's so hosed up.

Well WHOOPS I just used it...

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

psyman posted:

I loaded up GTAO last night and my precious Karin Futo and the Mors Mutual phone contact had disappeared. I checked the impound in South Los Santos even though my map had no marker for it (apparently there's a help popup if it gets impounded but that didn't happen) and it wasn't there either.

This happened to me last night. You get the insurance number again once you put a new tracker on another car.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Obsurveyor posted:

No. The garage will replace the apartment.

Fudge :(

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So if I don't have a garage or apartment yet, and I want to switch my main car, can I just steal a new one drive it to an auto body place and put the tracker and insurance on the new one?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Remember when everyone was all, "This is an online launch like all others, give it a try when everyone isn't trying to get on at the same time. :rolleyes:"? :lol:

Kloaked00 posted:

So if I don't have a garage or apartment yet, and I want to switch my main car, can I just steal a new one drive it to an auto body place and put the tracker and insurance on the new one?

Yes.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

My character was gone from the game this morning but still completely viewable on the internet. Over the course of the day, character info and stats have disappeared, but my level and cash are still there.

What a mess. This is disappointing.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Kloaked00 posted:

Yeah, you can sell your first one at los santos customs for a small amount of cash too.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

You just drive it into your garage and it gets tagged automatically. You still have to buy the insurance for it I think. And no, you can't do this with the premium cars. You'll still need to buy those.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

TjyvTompa posted:

So how do you get this cheevo?
American Dream
GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.

I own a 6 garage apartment and have 4 insured vehicles and I haven't got it yet.

I got it as soon as I bought the 223k apartment with 10 stall garage. It is the only property I have owned.

edit: Purchased through website while in someone else's apartment.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 7, 2013

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Obsurveyor posted:

I got it as soon as I bought the 223k apartment with 10 stall garage.

Thanks, that does sound like the american dream, an apartment and a large garage. :c00l:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

TjyvTompa posted:

American Dream

I own a 6 garage apartment and have 4 insured vehicles and I haven't got it yet.

Did you buy through the property website, or the real estate sign at the location?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

The Merry Marauder posted:

Did you buy through the property website, or the real estate sign at the location?

Bought it at the sign if it matters?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Robawesome posted:

Don't give up yet, I had a character go from working and loading perfectly to completely gone from the game and SC to loading perfectly again.

Yeah I'm just gonna let it sit and see if she comes back. No point starting another guy that might overwrite everything anyway and then also disappear. Still pretty discouraging though, which is a shame because I was having fun.

TjyvTompa posted:

American Dream

I got it as soon as I bought an apartment with a 6 car garage so you should have it. E: I bought it through the website too.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

TjyvTompa posted:

Bought it at the sign if it matters?

Apparently it does.

(Not in every case, to avoid an avalanche of anecdotes)

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yeah I'm just gonna let it sit and see if she comes back. No point starting another guy that might overwrite everything anyway and then also disappear. Still pretty discouraging though, which is a shame because I was having fun.

I got it as soon as I bought an apartment with a 6 car garage so you should have it. E: I bought it through the website too.

Oh so you have to buy it online, that....makes no sense but thanks.
Cheevo hunting is serious business, thanks everyone who helped me in these hard times.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Ah poo poo. I hit retry. That's why my character went down the tube. gently caress.

Wow, a couple days ago I hit the retry button like 20 times in a row trying to get in. Guess I dodged a (lot of) bullet(s).

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

TjyvTompa posted:

American Dream

I got it immediately when I bought an apartment that had a 10 car garage.

I had a 6 car apartment for 2 days and never got it then.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

KiloVictorDongs posted:

Well, lost my character as well. Maybe we'll get a double or triple rp and cash weekend soonish?

They can barely manage an online game I wouldn't count on them being able to do something like that.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Well poo poo I bought that same $223k apartment from the sign and didn't get the achievement. Good thing my progress reverted and I can buy it again :v:

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
The online mode is pretty fun... once you get in! Servers taking a dump, losing your characters, I can cope with that. However, not being able to skip the tutorials or even just the frickin' cinematics? :suicide:

Get it together, Rockstar! :arghfist::reject:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I... I've pressed the retry button probably two dozen times, I must be the luckiest sonofabitch in here. Good to know, Jesus.

Edit: unrelated but helicopters in survival mode are cheap bullshit and gently caress that, I'm not even going to bother trying again.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Herr Direktor posted:

This happened to me last night. You get the insurance number again once you put a new tracker on another car.

Ah right, I was worried my char might be screwed up cos I had done that Simeon mission but had no personal car anymore.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Slim Killington posted:

Edit: unrelated but helicopters in survival mode are cheap bullshit and gently caress that, I'm not even going to bother trying again.

Helicopters only appear on 2 stages, 4 and 10. They suck, but they aren't the end of the world.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Helicopters only appear on 2 stages, 4 and 10. they suck, but they aren't the end of the world.

There's also either two on 7 or one on 7 and one on 8.

And yeah, just shoot the pilot. Or use a minigun to kill one in less than a second. And apparently, if you shoot both gunners, the pilot will just gently caress off and the round will end.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It finally happened, but all my stats are still there.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

When I bought my Batti 801RR, the website that sells it said the top speed is 210 mph. I've modded it with some upgrades including the turbo upgrade, and my driving ability is at 100. I've seemingly hit top speed a bunch of times, while tucking my rider forward, but my stats sheet has my fastest traveled speed at 133 mph. Is the description on the Web page a lie? I'd really like it if they had a speedometer in this game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Honestly I want them to now do a mission in which they make fun of this by having a survival set in the airport and you get rushed by langoliers.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Day Man posted:

When I bought my Batti 801RR, the website that sells it said the top speed is 210 mph. I've modded it with some upgrades including the turbo upgrade, and my driving ability is at 100. I've seemingly hit top speed a bunch of times, while tucking my rider forward, but my stats sheet has my fastest traveled speed at 133 mph. Is the description on the Web page a lie? I'd really like it if they had a speedometer in this game.

If you look down in first person view, you can see the gauges but I didn't try when I was actually moving.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

I've lucked into a group doing A Titan Of A Job over and over. 5-10 mins for $10K. Is this the best mission grind now?

Edit: How are these guys even restarting the mission? In the like/dislike screen, they're somehow selecting restart. The only option I have is to press A for continue.

subroc fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 7, 2013

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo :lol: The retry button nukes your character.

That's so hosed up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's a good thing my character was only a level 5! drat!

All right, I guess I can recreate my character. She had a bit of a jaw on her anyway... Glad I know not to expect her back!

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

TjyvTompa posted:

Oh wow I have not seen this posted yet, from the Rockstar support page:

I guess the should go into the OP asap.....in a world where people read the OP before posting that is.

Source: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

That's loving retarded. How in the hell were we suppose to know that hitting retry was a delete button... And what idiot allowed something like that to happen??!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is there a place on SA to get a 260 gold free month code? I'm already looking through SA-mart and it doesn't look good so far.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now

Reb posted:

That's loving retarded. How in the hell were we suppose to know that hitting retry was a delete button... And what idiot allowed something like that to happen??!

It's not literally a delete button. It just means you're forcing your way into free roam when you're not supposed to, and none of your progress is getting saved.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

If anyone wants an easy helicopter in GTAO then go to the airport. You can jump over the fence from where you go to flight school.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I dunno, I hit 'retry' a few hours ago in a moment of desperation and now that the cloud seems to be back up my character is gone. Oh well, at least I still have her decent amount of banked cash to give me a kickstart on a new one (the only tolerable thing about this).

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Is it safe to buy properties yet? I have 400k but I'm afraid to spend it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mcpringles posted:

Is it safe to buy properties yet? I have 400k but I'm afraid to spend it.

I don't think anything is safe at this point.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't think anything is safe at this point.

The pubbies are safe because I'm not killing all of them :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

subroc posted:

I've lucked into a group doing A Titan Of A Job over and over. 5-10 mins for $10K. Is this the best mission grind now?

Nope, considering Violent Duct still gives $9K and like 1100RP for roughly 30 seconds of work per time. :v:

• Locked thread