Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Just got booted from GTAO by other players because I'm a big meanie and am "probably a slut". I guess that's what you get for not wanting to cybersex RP gangstas :shrug:

I'm also clearly not a girl :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booba Fett
Dec 1, 2008

As you wish...

subroc posted:

Does Top Fun ever end with the fighter jets not committing suicide?

I managed to take out 3 bikers by myself after my two teammates killed themselves in less than a minute. The jets do take some getting used to though, so I guess I can't really blame them.

Also, add me to the deleted characters club :(. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Screw, rolled a new character. Anyone up for Violent ducts grinding?

PSN: kinjirotadokoro

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Booba Fett posted:

I managed to take out 3 bikers by myself after my two teammates killed themselves in less than a minute. The jets do take some getting used to though, so I guess I can't really blame them.

Also, add me to the deleted characters club :(. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Do you use missiles or the cannon?

Slamzor
Jun 27, 2008
If anyone gets the message saying they can't connect to the cloud server, try quitting the game and reloading. It worked for me at least once. No guarantees but I thought I'd share. I'm on PS3 by the way.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I had my first dogfight today, interrupting my usual jet terror, which consisted of being hit by a missile from a jet I didn't even know was around me. Then I flew in hectic circles trying to find him, which was impossible, until my engine gave out and I had to bail. Conclusion: trying to find another jet over the city, let alone return fire, is too hard.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
So I overheard some guys saying they were wasted and stuff. One of them hopped into their friends car and left their nice sports car unattended. So, I went and jumped right in. They immediately saw me and were about to murder my rear end until a goon shows up from nowhere and mows them down with a machine gun. They get really pissed. Cue twenty minute car chase with them trying to kill me and my awesome goon friend while he lobbed grenades at them and killed them every time. Eventually we split up and I go to get my hair did. Outside the shop, I hear the the greatest thing ever. They finally found the car and were shocked on how badly we hosed it up.

Here is the car:

It was shaped like a boat and drove like 3mph. All tires were popped and the right ones were at a 45 degree angle.

Even in this shape they were willing to drive it back to a shop. Hell no. Boatcar is mine.

I shotgun both of them in the back of the head as it was driving 3mph into the sunset.

Long live boatcar.

Booba Fett
Dec 1, 2008

As you wish...

subroc posted:

The cannon, its surprisingly effective at taking out vehicles. The missiles work sometimes but I prefer doing strafing runs with the guns.

Siege
Aug 4, 2003
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Jets, is there anyway to get one as a personal vehicle? I've seen a goon do it with a chopper, but not a jet yet.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Are you a real human bean?

cka
May 3, 2004
It's doing that thing where I get booted out of full/kind-of full games for no good/clearly bad reasons again :arghfist:

A lobby full of 1009 members and I get booted because it can't find any crew to play with and such...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Slim Killington posted:

A real human bee?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

subroc posted:

The cannons are by far the best weapon in the game. You should only use the missiles against things you can lock on to and even then they aren't that effective unless you gave them a nice straight vector to the target.

The only downside to the cannons is their short range, but I pretty much end Top Fun rounds in 30 seconds when I'm on the hunter team. If you can aim the jet decently based on your radar those bikers need to do some crazy serpentine maneuvers if they want to survive.

Siege posted:

Speaking of Jets, is there anyway to get one as a personal vehicle? I've seen a goon do it with a chopper, but not a jet yet.

Nope, the only way to get personal air vehicles is to purchase them online I'm pretty sure. You can't buy the Lazer, but there are other jet aircraft like the Luxor (lear jet) for sale.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I finally stopped getting the cloud error and my character popped back up on the social site but is not showing up in game. :sigh: At least the money in my bank is still there. Also in my first character slot its showing no character but says its level 3, it doesn't make any sense.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Slim Killington posted:

And a real hero.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I took one of those giant dump trucks from the quarry into the city. It took forever as it goes 10 mph and even less up an incline, and I had no idea what I'd do with it when I got there, but it was fun regardless. Eventually I happen to drive by a group of three pubbies on the docks, they had assembled a collection of trucks and helicopters, I assume to take photos with for their clan page or whatever. I proceeded to drive this giant rear end truck in there and pushed all their vehicles into the ocean.

I have no idea why they didn't shoot me during this. I left and they followed me (slowly) for a while and then just kind of drove off. Periodically they'd try to pass me and I'd run over them, crippling their cars. It was more than I could've hoped for.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Am I the only one here that thinks Rockstar released that statement as a bogey man scapegoat to prevent people from trying to spam-join and thus over flooding their servers with requests? Doesn't seem too far fetched...

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Can someone please explain how I use the parachute?

I've got the parachute from the Vinewood sign. When I jump out of a plane/chopper and hit X, my chute opens and I keep falling at a fairly rapid pace - too fast for landing. How do I slow myself down after my chute has opened?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
LordofSPACE after we died trying to get jets again:

Just an officer of the law, inspecting your goods, sir.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

neurotech posted:

Can someone please explain how I use the parachute?

I've got the parachute from the Vinewood sign. When I jump out of a plane/chopper and hit X, my chute opens and I keep falling at a fairly rapid pace - too fast for landing. How do I slow myself down after my chute has opened?

Press RB and LB (R1 and L1) at the same time to slow your speed.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

haha, I'm TheLordOfSPACE btw.

oh and sorry about wrecking into that 4-man chopper, I just wanted to spook you guys. Mission accomplished I guess!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Just an officer of the law, inspecting your goods, sir.

Is tied back loose the most popular haircut for female characters? It makes every one I see posted here pretty much like mine.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is tied back loose the most popular haircut for female characters? It makes every one I see posted here pretty much like mine.

That's Ponytail with a hat on, it looks kinda different.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
What is there to do online besides robbing little stores and doing missions?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently I chose one of the hairstyles that allows helmets on female characters, which some are saying hides other options.

I don't have the style I chose unlocked for quite a few levels so I don't want to just get a haircut and look, what other Hat categories does the game have?

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
I'm level 18 and Gerald still won't give me Violent Ducts. Mainly just No Hay Bronco. What do I do?

Orv
May 4, 2011

numbs posted:

Greatly anger the less fortunate of intelligence. Over and over again.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Steal a Cargobob and fly around picking peoples' cars up. With them inside.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but is there anyway to make a free roam mode for just me my friends? I keep getting put into full games and my friends can't join me.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Orv posted:

Greatly anger the less fortunate of intelligence. Over and over again.

Provide methods, my friend. Methods.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

numbs posted:

I mostly just sell a car once an hour, and use my phone to quick play races.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Raioner posted:

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but is there anyway to make a free roam mode for just me my friends? I keep getting put into full games and my friends can't join me.

Load into single player, and from the pause menu make an invite only session.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

numbs posted:

Besides running errands, I mostly observe other players to try and figure out what they are up to.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Hey, could you guys show off the views from your apartments, including the address/apartment number?

Since there are effectively only three interiors the only thing that matters besides that to me is the view you get and to be honest, I'm not all the taken by the view from the most expensive apartment. I'm looking for something with more of a view of downtown. (Which the most expensive apartment WOULD have if it weren't for that loving permanently drawn curtain over the south facing window. GRRRR!)

Nitpicky, sure, but I'm curious about what is out there, apartment-wise and kinda lovely that you don't get to preview any of that before you lay down your hard-earned. So if you've got some spare time or have already taken some pics, let's see 'em! (Don't forget to include the address apt. no)

Orv
May 4, 2011

numbs posted:

Provide methods, my friend. Methods.

Block someone in certain stores with cars is easy griefing, though whether they just log off or not is a question. Pick up peoples cars with Cargobobs and dump them in the water/from a great height. Lure people onto the train tracks at the right time, which is surprisingly effective once you know the timing of it. Of course the easiest way to grief people is just to be better than them at the game. Grab a sniper rifle and a chopper and post up on a roof near the biggest gathering of chumps and plink away.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Pivit posted:

I mostly just sell a car once an hour, and use my phone to quick play races.

I copped a nice Porsche, tried to sell it by taking it to the Los Santos Customs. Said it was too hot to customize.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I've managed to toss AI cars into the air with engine blowback by buzzing them really close* with the Lazer with the afterburners on. I'm wondering if it can be done to players in cars too...

(* like really REALLY close, engine nozzle almost scraping them as you pull up and away)

Orv
May 4, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I've managed to toss AI cars into the air with engine blowback by buzzing them really close* with the Lazer with the afterburners on. I'm wondering if it can be done to players in cars too...

(* like really REALLY close, engine nozzle almost scraping them as you pull up and away)

It can, just be aware that if the player has an ounce of sense and drives into you as you pull away it's all going down in a burning ring of fire.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Slim Killington posted:

Steal a Cargobob and fly around picking peoples' cars up. With them inside.

^^^ This is a lot of fun.

Tonight I joined a random game and heard two kids talking about how awesome their cars were. I drove near them and overheard one say that they should go kill whoever just came near them. I crouched behind my car and waited. When they finally turned the corner I shot them both in the face and it led to lots of bitching from the passenger to the driver. After then stealing the driver's car, they started screaming about how their car they spent so much on was stolen and how pissed they were, so I crashed it a few times and then stuck a sticky bomb on the back. I drove up near them, they instantly ran towards the car as I ran away, and naturally they were blown up in the blast. I left to go sell a car. After a few minutes they were talking about killing someone for the $7k bounty, so just as they were having a gun duel, I showed up and killed all three. I turned on my mic, told them I could hear everything, deposited my new spoils, and quit for the evening. I don't care who complains about rockstar or this game, I had way too much fun tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Orv posted:

It can, just be aware that if the player has an ounce of sense and drives into you as you pull away it's all going down in a burning ring of fire.

Ideally I'll find someone flying down the freeway at full speed and can approach from behind unnoticed, only to swoop just barely above them sending them hurtling into the air pissing their pants.

Or I'll smack into an exit sign or clip a large truck and die horribly.

• Locked thread