Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The last expansion to the alternate core set looks a lot better. It even has the not-an-aboleth I was hoping for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
He's actually a little too big to be an aboleth, since this version of that mini is around 7 inches long to judge by the metal version.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

gtrmp posted:

He's actually a little too big to be an aboleth, since this version of that mini is around 7 inches long to judge by the metal version.

2e aboleths are 20' long, from tail to snout, not counting the tentacles. If that mini is 4" body, with 2" of tentacles, that'd be about right.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, I actually quite like the back half of the expansion, now that it's been revealed, I think. What a pain, haha.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
So, WOULD any UK goons be interested in taking advantage of my relatively early shipping order to get pretty much everything, in exchange for letting me have a select few core set minis and a couple of add-ons, and me paying a share of the shipping?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

So, WOULD any UK goons be interested in taking advantage of my relatively early shipping order to get pretty much everything, in exchange for letting me have a select few core set minis and a couple of add-ons, and me paying a share of the shipping?

Yeah I can help you out. I'm already in the first wave of shipping so I don't need that, but if you want just add-ons I'd love to get help on shipping.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The "Final models to the expansion" of Core Set Expansion #1:

I quite like them, and I'm liking Expansion #1 for $50. On the other hand, it appears we won't get another expansion of the Core Set until at least around $1.8M. We're at $1.42M right now, and we won't reveal the next stretch goal until we hit $1.55; at the current rate of about $32k a day, that's about five days from now, give or take.

Kicktraq now has enough data for their experimental "Projection" and "Trend" charts to be populated. "Projection" is projecting a final result of $2.6M to $4.1M, while "Trend" is trending towards a final number of $5.2M.

I hope we do see numbers in the top of that range, rather than at the bottom. The $100 core set needs to be such an amazing deal that even folks who already have plenty of Bones feel like "it's too good of a bargain to pass up."

That said, if we get all the way through another $50 expansion, we might see $1 pledge level pledgers upping to $100+ for two expansion sets, which could get us into the top part of that projected range anyway.

e. Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Bones II has 11,420 backers right now, of which about 985 are $1 pledgers. So the large majority of pledgers are in for $100+. That makes sense given the average pledge (including the $1 guys) is $125 right now. If you exclude the $1 guys, it's $136. So the average pledger hasn't bought into the $50 expansion yet.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 7, 2013

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Well since unlocking that an hour and a half ago or whatever, they've gone up $10k, which is their biggest boost in the past few days. Hope that momentum carries a bit.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Leperflesh posted:

That said, if we get all the way through another $50 expansion, we might see $1 pledge level pledgers upping to $100+ for two expansion sets, which could get us into the top part of that projected range anyway.

I can't see that happening. People who pledge piecemeal, won't most likely to be interested in 2 random assortment of figures, instead of Main tier that they've already rejected.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
They really need to dump some stuff with more 'oomph' into the core set. I missed the last bones KS and was eager to jump on this one early. But the whopping shipping costs (and I'm just across the border drat it!), along with the meh selection of minis has me tempted to pull out of this one.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Yeah I can help you out. I'm already in the first wave of shipping so I don't need that, but if you want just add-ons I'd love to get help on shipping.

Mostly just add-ons, plus a couple of individual core set things (at a minimum, the minotaur guy with the punch spike, but possibly a couple of others). Ta.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

jammu posted:

I can't see that happening. People who pledge piecemeal, won't most likely to be interested in 2 random assortment of figures, instead of Main tier that they've already rejected.

They can still get the core set, it just costs them $101 dollars instead.

Thiswayliesmadness, if you're near the border, you could have it shipped to someone on the American side, drive over and pick it up!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thiswayliesmadness posted:

They really need to dump some stuff with more 'oomph' into the core set. I missed the last bones KS and was eager to jump on this one early. But the whopping shipping costs (and I'm just across the border drat it!), along with the meh selection of minis has me tempted to pull out of this one.

Got a passport and a car (and are actually close)? Have them ship to a UPS store or something in the states and take a drive.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

I can still do the same hand-off we did for the last bones minis and will be doing for Deadzone scenery, so no panic. Email me and we can hammer out details.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

Mostly just add-ons, plus a couple of individual core set things (at a minimum, the minotaur guy with the punch spike, but possibly a couple of others). Ta.

Drop me a line at krushgroove169 @gmail.com, let's see what we can work out!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I think they're realizing that with this expansion being twice the size of the first and almost the size of the main. I wouldnt be surprised to at least see updates closer together going forward. They were just stuck with the gaps in the already announced goals.

This morning there was a span of time where the kickstarter actually lost money.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think they're realizing that with this expansion being twice the size of the first and almost the size of the main. I wouldnt be surprised to at least see updates closer together going forward. They were just stuck with the gaps in the already announced goals.

This morning there was a span of time where the kickstarter actually lost money.

Yeah, it dropped 1.5k or 2k for like 30 minutes. Made this last stretch a real pain at the last minute.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Drop me a line at krushgroove169 @gmail.com, let's see what we can work out!

emailed. Ta.

I'll let the thread know when I'm dropping my pledge, so anyone who wants wave 4 shipping can grab it.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
As I am building my collection up of minis mainly to play DnD and other RPGs, I still think this is a crazy good value even with the extra 60$ shipping it will cost in Canada. I definitely cannot find minis for cheaper around here and I think getting a good varied set at the stage I am at beats mix and matching things I really like. So I will be buying pretty much one of everything here.

If anyone in Quebec wants some piecemeal we can most likely work something out and split shipping, I have a first wave slot.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Somebody's painted up Goroloth, on a 2" base. Thing is huuuuuuge

http://spielorjh.deviantart.com/art/Goroloth-105188898

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ravendas posted:

Somebody's painted up Goroloth, on a 2" base. Thing is huuuuuuge

http://spielorjh.deviantart.com/art/Goroloth-105188898

Well now I really want one of those! I wasn't that bothered before.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I went ahead and jumped on the core set. I didn't buy into the first one since I usually collect smaller scale miniatures but I bought $20 bucks of bones at my local gaming store just because I thought they looked fun to paint so I thought what the hell. Maybe I'll get the expansion too. I've wanted to try my hand at that turtle dragon in metal for awhile. This will probably set me up with painting for life... or at least until Bones III.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Although I'm more into 40k style miniatures the Core Set Expansion looks really cool, much more interesting than the actual Core Set, especially the $1.6 million stretch goal add-ons.

I'm not sure if I'll pledge but if I did I'd be more likely to get the Expansion set and another $50 worth of add-on minis rather than spending $100 on the main set.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Today was the slowest day so far for Bones II: Reaper added 126 new backers and $27,707. Yesterday there were 162 new backers but a much higher pledge increase of $47,215. This coincides with the completion of the $50 add-on, so it reflects some backers upping their pledge by $50 in response. That probably carried through today, since today's dollars divided by today's new pledges equals $219/backer, which is higher than we'd expect for new backers.

The experimental projection tool on Kicktraq is now projecting a final total between $1.98M and $2.61M. That's down drastically from the $2.6M to $4.1M they had yesterday morning, reflecting today's low numbers.

I think Reaper needs to find a way in the next couple days to attract new attention to the kickstarter. Obviously two million dollars isn't a failure, but I think a total closer to four or five is completely possible, if they space stretch goals a little more tightly, add more stuff to the $100 level, or do something to foster excitement and enthusiasm rather than second thoughts about the money and disappointment with yet another add-on pay-for dragon that we won't stretch to for another five days.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Or they just finally come out with the shipping calculator to let those on the fence know how much they'll have to pay. Or that might cause an exodus, either/or.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sweet, pledge calculator just landed: https://ks.reapermini.com/login

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah its really useful for people who cant do grade school math or are unable to use the calculator included on pretty much any device they would use to read that email.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sorry someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Anyhow, it also breaks out the core set if you want to get just parts of that, etc.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

That's a bit harsh, but not untrue. I'm really hoping Reaper steps this up soon, I'm not quite as happy with the miniatures spread on this one. I'd really like to see some more SciFi stuff (even as a paid addon) as well as some models with a coherent design style. Some sort of city guard, or part of the Warlord line, or something like that. Would be great for people wanting to put together wargaming armies, or for roleplayers wanting some mooks that look like they belong together.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Sweet, pledge calculator just landed: https://ks.reapermini.com/login

Prices for extra stuff that's part of the Core Set:

pre:
Core 30				$60
Heroes I			$8
Dungeon Monsters		$7
Gnolls & Bugbears		$9
Shambling Dead			$10
Dungeon Decor			$6
Beast Mode!			$7
Bully for You			$10
Lesser Demons			$10
Sylvan Creatures		$8
Swamp Things			$8
Dragon Hatchlings		$10
Pathfinder Heroes		$8
Pathfinder Heroes II		$8
Pathfinder Villains		$8
Savage Worlds			$10
Chronoscope Pulp Heroes		$10 

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Fauxtool posted:

yeah its really useful for people who cant do grade school math or are unable to use the calculator included on pretty much any device they would use to read that email.

Yeah, it's not like this tells you how much shipping will be or anything.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Have they said whether you can add on the a la carte parts of the core set (e.g beast mode for $7) even if you didn't buy a core set? From the language they're using, it doesn't seem like it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

senrath posted:

Yeah, it's not like this tells you how much shipping will be or anything.
Or conveniently lets you explore what your options are just for loving around.

JerryLee posted:

Have they said whether you can add on the a la carte parts of the core set (e.g beast mode for $7) even if you didn't buy a core set? From the language they're using, it doesn't seem like it.
From the way the pledge calculator works, it sure seems like you can. Those components are available as add-ons, and the $1 level gets you access to all add-ons, you just don't get the monolithic core set itself.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Bad Munki posted:

From the way the pledge calculator works, it sure seems like you can. Those components are available as add-ons, and the $1 level gets you access to all add-ons, you just don't get the monolithic core set itself.

Or that it doubles as post-kickstarter way to add things to your pledge and/or manage it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I agree. If you add up all the pieces of the core set it comes to $197 (and apparently doesn't include the "Plus 24 Bonus Figures" that's shown right under the 30 Core in the core image), so clearly buying Core is the better option if you want something approaching half the stuff in Core.

I think this is also part of the reason why even the earliest $1 pledge tier ships with Wave 2: they can get a bunch of boxes of Core shipped in Wave 1, and have some extras to tear open to fill custom orders for Wave 2 which will be more likely to include folks who only wanted a small subset of what's in the Core Set.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I went through and picked all the parts of the core set I actually want and it came to like $150 so hey, I guess I'm staying in for the core. :)

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I just canceled my pledge, so there's a wave 2 open.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Seems like a bunch of people dumped all at once. There was an early bird slot open but couldn't open the pledge manager quick enough to change it. Did however get up to wave 2! Always fun watching the chain reaction of jumping a tier, freeing up your spot so someone else can take it, etc. etc. down the priority line.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
And still doing better today than we were doing yesterday. I wonder how many of the people who dumped the $100 pledges grabbed $1 pledges to just get what they wanted piecemeal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Pledges have gone up a lot this past day. People seem to be bumping their pledges now that the manager is out, and a lot of ROW are figuring out that it's not that expensive to ship really.

I'd still suggest ROW people to group up and split an order, to save on shipping. Instead of shipping 2 cores to 2 people for $40 each, they can get them shipped together for more like $60 together. The savings keep going up the more you order. Luckily mine this time are being sent to America, so no worries for me.

• Locked thread