Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Orbi posted:

it's me i'm the mexican hair dresser with dd breasts and a normal libido whose only other passion is "working out" at the "gym"

also i like piña coladas because im Mexican you see. a Mexican hairdresser. who's 5'6" and 118lb. with a normal libido. did i mention i had dd breasts?

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
son this converted storage shed on a gravel road in a trailer park is my gift to you

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
lmao

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
it's gonna look fabulous with :frog: on it, totally worth the money

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
get grover to re/innnovate

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
also OOBIE OG HOUS

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
his customers are gonna want a whole lot of hot dogs after being lost in the woods for a couple weeks

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goons really make some bad decisions don't they?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

KillHour posted:

Threw :10bux: at the guy. We need more people with good sense starting their own businesses.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Vicas posted:

OOBIE OG HOUS
same, mods??

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Wikipedia posted:

Reform is a city in Pickens County, Alabama, United States. At the 2000 census the population was 1,978.
[...]
The median income for a household in the city was $20,625, and the median income for a family was $24,875. Males had a median income of $27,019 versus $16,827 for females. The per capita income for the city was $11,429. About 26.3% of families and 30.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 38.9% of those under age 18 and 26.6% of those age 65 or over.

so to sell 30 hotdogs a day, every single man, woman, and child in Reform will need to patronize doobie's shop at least once a month

limited-service restaurant margins on tickets under $15 average 6% according to the national blah blah blah association, which means that doobie can hope to earn about $3,285 a year in gross profit, assuming he sells each dog for $5

if you include doobie's own labor contributions, if he has zero employees and works the stand 100% of the time himself, 365 days a year, he could earn as much as $18,615 a year

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 7, 2013

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
tl;dr if every man, woman, and child in town spends 0.5% of their annual income on Doobie AND he takes zero days sick AND he employs 0 people he COULD conceivably earn as much as a wal-mart greeter or gas station attendant

sounds like a dynamite business

edit: oh, and he can't afford to mail any hotdogs to backers. that would put him in the red for decades because postage is probably way, way, way more than his 34% gross margin, not even accounting for the part where all the backer money is gonna get used for loving capital investments and poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that's not fair a tourist could get lost looking for a gas station or escape a hillbilly cannibal's basement

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Al! posted:

that's not fair a tourist could get lost looking for a gas station or escape a hillbilly cannibal's basement

that's true. reform, AL is just twenty four miles from the nearest interstate.

if you stumbled off the interstate, accidentally drove through the entirety of metro tuscaloosa, then wandered down a backwoods highway for twenty miles, you might just develop the bottomless hunger for a gourmet ketchup doobie dawg

but they would be closed, because doobie operates the stand alone and has to shut up shop when his 'beetus acts up

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

gbs contributed to a hotdog stand meth lab drug front which tbh is fairly successful compared to most things gbs does

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that's true. reform, AL is just twenty four miles from the nearest interstate.

if you stumbled off the interstate, accidentally drove through the entirety of metro tuscaloosa, then wandered down a backwoods highway for twenty miles, you might just develop the bottomless hunger for a gourmet ketchup doobie dawg

but they would be closed, because doobie operates the stand alone and has to shut up shop when his 'beetus acts up

lolllll

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
to be honest i would not be making fun of this if he built the stand in tuscaloosa. i'm sure there are people in alabama who would buy and appreciate these hotdogs tailored to whatever the local preferences are

but it's insane to try and build a fast food joint in the outskirts of a depressed one-horse town twenty miles away from the nearest commercial strip, especially when there are already several national franchises in town (wikipedia says Jacks and Subway at least)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
should have kickstarted the hawaiian deathtrap

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
holy loly

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it's not opening on a dirt road, it's a pretty big highway with lots of traffic

I'm not saying it's the most rock solid of business ventures, but selling fatty food in rural alabama seems like a decent bet and ol wayne has a better business plan than 99% of kickstarter morons

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm not saying it's the most rock solid of business ventures, but selling fatty food in rural alabama seems like a decent bet and ol wayne has a better business plan than 99% of kickstarter morons

no its a town of under 2000 people, its a terrible idea no matter what

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

yes, it's paved, but it's a 2-lane road to nowhere. it goes FROM tuscaloosa TO nowheresville. and he's gonna open his stand in the nowheresville outskirts.

and, as mentioned, reform AL just doesn't have any people in it. i really doubt they are underserved by not one but two fast food joints in a town of 2000 people

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

countdown until cory & trevor buy the place to sell pirated vhs tapes and cat food

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

countdown until cory & trevor buy the place to sell pirated vhs tapes and cat food

and individual cigarettes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yes, it's paved, but it's a 2-lane road to nowhere. it goes FROM tuscaloosa TO nowheresville. and he's gonna open his stand in the nowheresville outskirts.

and, as mentioned, reform AL just doesn't have any people in it. i really doubt they are underserved by not one but two fast food joints in a town of 2000 people

they have more because they service the traffic on 82, also it's the main road between ms state and ua, plenty of people going to games in either direction

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

a traffic analysis would be a pretty easy way to determine if that was a worthwhile location for a small fast food location but lol there's no way they did that

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

how many people in the surroundings? my father-in-law ran a successful arcade in a town of 500 because of the 10k+ who lived outside city limits and used the arcade as a babysitter for teenagers

not saying doobie's blunt shack will be a roaring success but the customer base may be larger than you think. ofc the nearest town in the arcade situation was springfield, MO 50 miles away

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
i'm going to be a kickstarter consultant. i will help you reach your funding goals for only a small percentage of future profits... shall we say, 35%?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Rude. posted:

i'm going to be a kickstarter consultant. i will help you reach your funding goals for only a small percentage of future profits... shall we say, 35%?

they already exist, but it's part of the :barf: social media industry

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I was at a party and easily half of the 20 somethings were "social media marketers", I hung out with the hippies and the clichéd wall street dbags because they were far more interesting

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Cocoa Crispies posted:

they already exist, but it's part of the :barf: social media industry

the buzzfeed businessman .__.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Rude. posted:

the buzzfeed businessman .__.

the gawker hawker

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

the jezebel journalist

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

I was at a party and easily half of the 20 somethings were "social media marketers", I hung out with the hippies and the clichéd wall street dbags because they were far more interesting

i accidentally went to a happy hour intended for UX/design people once

• 90% female

• 100% under 30

• 50% turned out to actually be social media / marketers who had nothing to do with design.

so i guess if you're a super nerd there's your dating pool, served on a plate. pretend to care about "flat design" for an hour, meet a ton of employed under-30 women

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the huffington harlot

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

the jezebel journalist

:biotruths:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

• 90% female

• 100% under 30

• 50% appeared to actually be social media marketers who had nothing to do with design.

so i guess if you're a super nerd there's your dating pool, served on a plate. pretend to care about "flat design" for an hour

You would betray your nerd roots by daring to interact with a female with fake nerd cred? Really?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the huffington harlot

mods pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

• 90% female

• 100% under 30

• 50% turned out to actually be social media / marketers who had nothing to do with design.

so i guess if you're a super nerd there's your dating pool, served on a plate. pretend to care about "flat design" for an hour, meet a ton of employed under-30 women

"employed"

• Locked thread