Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

enri posted:

Guess which one's getting a coat of pink paint ;)
Please tell me you're painting your UCM in the joke Ground Control camo :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 8 Necron Warriors, 5 Chaos Space Marines and one CSM Rhino for the month of October. All models are by GW (28mm)

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android oath to paint 2 battlewagons and 3 lobbas. All are from or contain parts from GW 40k

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 1st highlanders S.A.S from Corvus Beli (Infinity) 5 Fantasy Football monsters from Impact! Miniatures (28mm scale minis) and 1 Dragon slaying lady from Reaper Miniatures(28mm scale) 1 Gretchen Banner Bearer from GW (Forgeworld) 28mm:siren:

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 6, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Pierzak posted:

Please tell me you're painting your UCM in the joke Ground Control camo :allears:

Awww man don't go giving me ideas like that :ohdear:

edit: I learned that basing 10mm models is only marginally less of a pain in the arse than basing 6mm models, little guys representin'

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drgnvale posted:

Ugh, I hosed up my speed painting attempt by forgetting to get a picture before I started, but here's my oath picture (before base coat) and my completion picture anyway:

And a slightly better lit picture without background monitor:

No, this totally qualifies. You can use the world time server timestamp in your Oath post as the "start" picture, as long as the "finish" picture includes the world time server timestap, same time zone, and it's less than 24 hours later. I've credited you the point.

Namenlos posted:

Please excuse the red showing through. I did my best to scrape off the original paint and then basecoat again, but the deepest nooks and crannies were difficult to get to.

It's Amnesty Month, so they could be half-painted and it wouldn't matter, but even in an ordinary month I think you've sufficiently stripped these models that krushgroove would approve them.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry for the delay, folks, had a 'not going online' weekend pretty much (except for marathoning Breaking Bad on Netflix), but here's all the oaths since I last logged on!

tasty food posted:

I, tasty food, oath one one bones wizard and demon, and one THI crab claw suit from Sedition Wars(Studio McVey/CMoN) all in 28mm.

nathonicus posted:

Ok, the same list of dudes, but here's a pic with the date.

You're good now!

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm making an oath addition!

Damien, Hellborn Wizard
'Hell on Earth' Mutant

KingMob posted:

Cool! I enjoy winning things.

October Oath

First Mate Hawk, 28mm, Privateer Press.

And, yes, she will be pink.

ineptmule posted:

Takin advantage of Amnesty Month to OATH ONE OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING: Asura, Deva, Devabot, Dasyu, Naga and Rebot from Infinity by Corvus Belli

Edit: D'you think these guys count as pink? :haw:

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath the following:
1) Converted up Marneus Calgar from Games Workshop
2) Tactical Terminator Sgt from Games Workshop
3) Amnesty: 4 mostly finished but greatly in need of cleanup tactical terminators from Games Workshop

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, Oath to totally not fail to paint 5 Space Marine Scouts, from GW in GW scale, and 10 Veer-Myn Nightcrawlers in 28mm scale from Mantic games. And hopefully Save Some Whales later in the month.

Your pic has the flash (or a light somewhere) blowing out the actual date but I can read 'Oct' and '2013' so you're OK - just letting you know for next time! :)

Namenlos posted:

:radcat:I oath these 5 Adeptus Sororitas:radcat:

Please excuse the red showing through. I did my best to scrape off the original paint and then basecoat again, but the deepest nooks and crannies were difficult to get to.

Nope, you're fine! I'd probably let that pass in any other month anyway, since most of the red is gone, but this month is Amnesty Month so more than 1 color of paint anywhere on the models are fine - as you can see from the other oaths that are coming through.

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint...

6 stands of UCM Colonial Legionnaires, scale is 10mm and the manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
6 stands of Scourge Warriors, scale is 10mm and the manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
1 Giant Slug, scale is 28mm and the manufacturer is Heresy Miniatures
Guess which one's getting a coat of pink paint ;)

That 4th guy from the left on the top-left stand?

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, do oath for October
One 8-man Fire Warrior squad from Games Workshop. I'll probably even put the armor pads onto the correct shoulders this time, won't that be grand!

edit: I've miscounted the number of figs per sprue, it's eight instead of then.

Bucnasti posted:

I Bucnasti Oath to paint this Ork Skool Bus and this soon to be questioning his sexuality Space Marine from Games Workshop in 28mm

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 8 Necron Warriors, 5 Chaos Space Marines and one CSM Rhino for the month of October. All models are by GW (28mm)
Just FYI, the lighting on your pic makes it really hard to count how many marine models you have there, and the date is reeeally fuzzy but barely readable. I don't want to sound like I'm getting on anyone's case, just want to make sure I can count the models and read the complete date! :)

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 1st highlanders S.A.S from Corvus Beli (Infinity) 5 Fantasy Football monsters from Impact! Miniatures (28mm scale minis) and 1 Dragon slaying lady from Reaper Miniatures(28mm scale) 1 Gretchen Banner Bearer from GW (Forgeworld) 28mm:siren:

Android posted:

I, Android oath to paint 2 battlewagons and 3 lobbas. All are from or contain parts from GW 40k

All of the above oaths are ACCEPTED!!

drgnvale posted:

Ugh, I hosed up my speed painting attempt by forgetting to get a picture before I started, but here's my oath picture (before base coat) and my completion picture anyway:

And a slightly better lit picture without background monitor:

We've been letting most people pass with their oath picture count as the starting picture, especially if you finish your speed painting within the 24-hr deadline. So I'd say you're good!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Aaw, a prize!?! :swoon: How do I get in contact with Krushgroove to claim it? I don't have platinum.

e: Just realized my mistake - contact me at krushgroove169 at gmail.com

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 7, 2013

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Can I oath half a model this month? I'm planning on doing a jetbike solitare conversion for 40k, but I won't be able to source all the parts for the bike conversion this month. I'll be attaching it to other oath models for this month, but yeah - will it still be a valid oath?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Herring posted:

Can I oath half a model this month? I'm planning on doing a jetbike solitare conversion for 40k, but I won't be able to source all the parts for the bike conversion this month. I'll be attaching it to other oath models for this month, but yeah - will it still be a valid oath?

You're still converting and painting something, so I don't see why not!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Aaw, a prize!?! :swoon: How do I get in contact with Krushgroove to claim it? I don't have platinum.

Whoops, just realized I confused you with Dr. Clockwork! so many doctors... but yeah drop me a line at krushgroove169 at gmail.com and we'll get you sorted out :)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

Just FYI, the lighting on your pic makes it really hard to count how many marine models you have there, and the date is reeeally fuzzy but barely readable. I don't want to sound like I'm getting on anyone's case, just want to make sure I can count the models and read the complete date! :)
Ok, I took another picture with the number of marines clearer (although now the necron warriors are hidden), and hopefully the date is readable now that I linked the original image and not the large thumbnail.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
:siren: If there's anyone still waiting on getting their Dragon Forge bases from last year send me a PM. :siren:

Seems a few got missed in a bit of a shuffle over there and just want to make sure everyone's covered.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

thiswayliesmadness posted:

:siren: If there's anyone still waiting on getting their Dragon Forge bases from last year send me a PM. :siren:

Seems a few got missed in a bit of a shuffle over there and just want to make sure everyone's covered.

I don't have PM capability unfortunately so I've got to post. I haven't received mine from the last thread yet.

Also, I have a question regarding amnesty month; does it still give full points or is it one less like the last thread? If so could I get full points if I have some amnesty models and a regular unpainted model?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ledgem posted:

Also, I have a question regarding amnesty month; does it still give full points or is it one less like the last thread?

Full points!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Heck, I'm still waiting on Tadhg to send out my ork boyz and trukk from the 2011 oath thread. (I'm not upset, just curious what's up).

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Yeah, I am waiting for the 2012 version of the prize of 30 unpainted shoota boys + grots. I guess I got a while till he gets to me. Also not mad since I have not really bugged him about it yet, I figured it would come eventually.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 8 GW WH40k Chaos Cultists! :siren: Horray for Amnesty Month! I was wondering when I could paint my Necromunda gang with already painted bases (which I won from the previous Oath Thread!).

And postin' some conversions! If I did this wrong, then whatever!

Cut off flail arm and replaced with Bolt Pistol arm:

Removed pistol and chopped flamer to make a hand flamer:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I'm making one more oath addition! (I wasn't sure I'd have time this month. I apparently did.) :blush:

Ezren, Iconic Wizard
Amiri, Iconic Barbarian

Both are Reaper Bones, 28mm. The pre-conversion picture is in my first link below.

Prior October Oaths:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=420084386
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=420202296

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Ok, I took another picture with the number of marines clearer (although now the necron warriors are hidden), and hopefully the date is readable now that I linked the original image and not the large thumbnail.

You're good, you're good :)

Mmtheblue posted:

:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 8 GW WH40k Chaos Cultists! :siren: Horray for Amnesty Month! I was wondering when I could paint my Necromunda gang with already painted bases (which I won from the previous Oath Thread!).

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm making one more oath addition! (I wasn't sure I'd have time this month. I apparently did.) :blush:

Ezren, Iconic Wizard
Amiri, Iconic Barbarian

Both are Reaper Bones, 28mm. The pre-conversion picture is in my first link below.

Both are Accepted!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition

One Dark Angel captain from GW. Claiming amnesty on this guy, he's been sitting half finished on my desk for months.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath to paint 1 Bretonnian Knight from GW for the month of October

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath to paint one Ultramarines tactical squad for the month of October

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

YEAH SO I TOTALLY OATH THIS FIEND AND DAEMONETTE WITH BANNER, THEY ARE BY GW FOR THE 28MM GAME OF FORTYKAY.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Booley posted:

Oath Addition

One Dark Angel captain from GW. Claiming amnesty on this guy, he's been sitting half finished on my desk for months.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath to paint 1 Bretonnian Knight from GW for the month of October

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath to paint one Ultramarines tactical squad for the month of October

Monoliths posted:

YEAH SO I TOTALLY OATH THIS FIEND AND DAEMONETTE WITH BANNER, THEY ARE BY GW FOR THE 28MM GAME OF FORTYKAY.

All ACCEPTED!

Just FYI, it's my birthday tomorrow so I'm going out of town for a long weekend and I probably won't be online much. I'll try to log in every day but I can't make any promises because I don't know how quick the connection I have will be. So if I'm unable to accept any oaths through Monday the 14th please don't worry about it and carry on painting. Because it's amnesty month you don't have much to worry about anyway - just make sure your timestamp is viewable/readable and the models are visible.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Happy birthday then and have fun! :toot:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Thanks! I'm trying to decide what to bring with me to paint because I can't bring my airbrush - the worst thing would be not having a particular color of paint and having to stop everything...so bringing a huge box of 100+ bottles of paint and all my brushes and tools is normal, right? ...right?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

krushgroove posted:

Thanks! I'm trying to decide what to bring with me to paint because I can't bring my airbrush - the worst thing would be not having a particular color of paint and having to stop everything...so bringing a huge box of 100+ bottles of paint and all my brushes and tools is normal, right? ...right?

I just carry mine around in storage boxes tucked into a big toolbag :). It's light and portable and everything tucks in nicely.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

krushgroove posted:

Just wait till you have to plan a honeymoon and need to decide if it is worth bringing anything hobby related. It's a tough call. I went with no, and am regretting it already as we now have a 5 hour delay in the airport :getin:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah I'm not sure about bringing model stuff on a honeymoon, but for a weekend away in the car (so liquids and sharp things aren't a problem) why not :)

OK folks!

:siren: The PHOTO ALBUM FOR SEPTEMBER is now online! :siren:

Clicky: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5932776578030458769?authkey=CMyqyMz9nIGnfg

Please make that your oath is there if you completed it. Oaths aren't in alphabetical order, they're randomized (by whatever name Imgur or Flikr gives them) so you'll need to look for your models.

I only had to add names to two sets of oath pictures (very good!) but there were a lot of pictures larger than 1024 pixels, about a third of the pictures had to be resized. Not a massive deal, but if you're going for judge's points and you have a lot of space in the picture around your model and it's 1024 wide, you could get a much better picture if you fill the picture frame (properly crop it) and have that be 1024. Anyway, that's just part of picture taking and editing, and I can't crop and edit everyone's photos unfortunately. Hopefully there's fewer pictures that require editing next time!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

(so liquids and sharp things aren't a problem) why not :)

I can just see you explaining to a friendly TSA agent as he removes the scalpel and flammable liquids from your bag "But I made an oath to my people that I would complete this task!" :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

I can just see you explaining to a friendly TSA agent as he removes the scalpel and flammable liquids from your bag "But I made an oath to my people that I would complete this task!" :v:
"How else am I supposed to disassemble a plane?"

Also:

I, Pierzak, oath to paint the following models in October 2013 in time for a tournament on Oct 19.
- Ko Dali (alien version)
- Treitak

Both are for Infinity, by Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Pics:

VVV: Oops, forgot these weren't supposed to be edited. I hope the "last edit" tag will show that they weren't messed with later.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 9, 2013

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

krushgroove posted:

OK folks!

:siren: The PHOTO ALBUM FOR SEPTEMBER is now online! :siren:

Clicky: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5932776578030458769?authkey=CMyqyMz9nIGnfg

Please make that your oath is there if you completed it.

My stuff seems to be missing, pics are in this post.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pierzak posted:

"How else am I supposed to disassemble a plane?"

Also:

I, Pierzak, oath to paint the following models in October 2013 in time for a tournament on Oct 19.
- Ko Dali (alien version)
- Treitak

Both are for Infinity, by Corvus Belli, 28mm.

VVV: Oops, forgot these weren't supposed to be edited. I hope the "last edit" tag will show that they weren't messed with later.

Accepted

I believe we're accepted edits up to a week before the end of the month so you're fine. HOWEVER, are you oathing to complete these before the 19th, or before the end of the month?

Arlaharen posted:

My stuff seems to be missing, pics are in this post.

OK, gotcha! I'll check back in later today and send the album link to the judges tonight or tomorrow.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

if it helps, back when the oath thread first started under the watchful eye of Fix, I used to have 2 days of my working week based at the office in Manchester (otherwise I'd be based at home)... this involved a stay in a hotel overnight every week..

...naturally, my paints, brushes, daylight lamp etc. would all make an appearance.

I do have photos somewhere as evidence to my oath dedication back then, I'll dig them out next time I'm on my laptop ;)

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
I, Red Herring, am oathing to complete one (1) converted Shadowseer to fit onto a Eldar Jetbike, sans bike. (GW 28mm)

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time.aspx

Might want to take another picture, since that is the wrong time-website. Good thing is it's amnesty month and you can take a pic with paint on your model at not penalty!

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

Red Herring posted:

I, Red Herring, am oathing to complete one (1) converted Shadowseer to fit onto a Eldar Jetbike, sans bike. (GW 28mm)

WhiteOutMouse posted:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time.aspx

Might want to take another picture, since that is the wrong time-website. Good thing is it's amnesty month and you can take a pic with paint on your model at not penalty!

:eng99:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Red Herring posted:

Do you want credit for doing a conversion? If so, please be sure to provide a before and an after photo of the model. That is, before it was converted and then after it's converted. There are no points involved, but there's an end-of-the-year competition or prize or something for conversions. This is of course voluntary.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath Medusa and Khael Stonekindle, both Reaper bones figures in 28mm. Also a gladiator from Pegasus Hobbies in 20mm.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/t9pTjCk.jpg :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath Medusa and Khael Stonekindle, both Reaper bones figures in 28mm. Also a gladiator from Pegasus Hobbies in 20mm.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/t9pTjCk.jpg :nws:

Oh yeah, look at that hot NWS action!

• Locked thread