Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZK7M-W_-Mk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

canepazzo posted:

A Lazio supporter lost three fingers by throwing a bomb (or rather failing to). Other supporters found the lost body parts and ran to the hospital to bring them.

:stare:

Ban Lazio forever tia

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Cassano dance

Hahahaha, that's so bad

Here's the Italy squad for the two qualifiers being played against Denmark and Armenia:

Portieri: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Federico Marchetti (Lazio), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint Germain).

Difensori: Ignazio Abate (Milan), Davide Astori (Cagliari), Federico Balzaretti (Roma), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Lorenzo De Silvestri (Sampdoria), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Andrea Ranocchia (Inter).

Centrocampisti: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina), Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Alessandro Diamanti (Bologna), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Emanuele Giaccherini (Sunderland), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Milan), Thiago Motta (Paris Saint Germain), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Andrea Poli (Milan), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain).

Attaccanti: Mario Balotelli (Milan), Alessio Cerci (Torino), Alberto Gilardino (Genoa), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (Southampton), Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina).

Returns for Balzaretti and Rossi :getin:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma - Napoli will be played on Friday, the 18th, at 20.45, due to a protest on the Sunday in Rome. At some point there was some weird options, like playing in Naples (and switching in the return leg), which would have been a first in Italian history, or De Laurentiis's suggestion - playing at midnight.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

If this is true, Juventus is stupid.

http://www.football-italia.net/40341/vialli-suggests-pirlo-spurs-contact

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Are stupid, Juventus are stupid.

At this stage I'm sure it's just contract negotiation gamesmanship. I've also seen him linked to Real Madrid (and Xabi Alonso linked to Juve), just silly season stuff.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Football Italia writes anything for clicks (just like any other site)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

grvm posted:

Football Italia writes anything for clicks (just like any other site)

Is there a reliable site? I know it's media but still.

And as a journalist, let me tell you I wouldn't write most of this poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Is there a reliable site? I know it's media but still.

And as a journalist, let me tell you I wouldn't write most of this poo poo.

It is but they translate a lot of rubbish the Italian papers publish. Besides, it's a rumor, anyway.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

They should have a clause in his contact that if he shaves his beard again, he loses his loyalty bonus.

Edit:

Also, is playing for your country the only real benefit of getting called up? Other than making you really visible and open teams wanting you after they see you in action?

Cause if the Azzuri injures Pasqual again, I'm going to be mad.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

canepazzo posted:

or De Laurentiis's suggestion - playing at midnight.

This would own so hard.

That's why it didn't happen. :(

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

4 matches ban for Mexes (1 for the red card, 3 for the punch), and a match behind closed doors for Milan for the racist chants.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

canepazzo posted:

4 matches ban for Mexes (1 for the red card, 3 for the punch), and a match behind closed doors for Milan for the racist chants.
well Milan are hosed (if they werent already)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

lmao this season gets better and better :shepicide:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So I looked up the ruling and the San Siro will be closed not because of racism but because of anti-regional chanting, much like the poo poo against Napoli.

I can't say Im on board with this rule, though I guess it is a form of discrimination and it makes no sense to try these things on a case by case basis. I wonder if this is a rule in other leagues, like if a bunch of people starting chanting at a Liverpool match that scousers were a bunch of thieves or whatever the stereotype is, would that be enough to close the stadium?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

So I looked up the ruling and the San Siro will be closed not because of racism but because of anti-regional chanting, much like the poo poo against Napoli.

I can't say Im on board with this rule, though I guess it is a form of discrimination and it makes no sense to try these things on a case by case basis. I wonder if this is a rule in other leagues, like if a bunch of people starting chanting at a Liverpool match that scousers were a bunch of thieves or whatever the stereotype is, would that be enough to close the stadium?

Didn't Rangers and Celtic have something similar? I remember watching a mini-documentary thing about it, had a guy on there who got banned for breaking some rule. He had to check in to the police station during halftime of every match or something.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

Didn't Rangers and Celtic have something similar? I remember watching a mini-documentary thing about it, had a guy on there who got banned for breaking some rule. He had to check in to the police station during halftime of every match or something.

Are you by any chance thinking of that guy who is The Only Muslim In The EDL?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Soon all partisan chanting will be banned. Supporting one team over the other is discrimination.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Rycalawre posted:

Are you by any chance thinking of that guy who is The Only Muslim In The EDL?

I think he means the vice video where they covered the old firm stuff. But it is that same guy iirc.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I feel like it's called regional discrimination just cause they can't call it racism (Neapolitan being not a race). The specific words used were "Colerosi e terremotati" "Colera-stricken" and "Earthquake victims" (terroni, of course, which is the italian slur for people from the south).

Feels to me they went from one extreme (doing nothing) to the other (extremely heavy handed). They've also seemingly went tolerance zero on stuff like Mexes and Balotelli, which I can only approve of.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

I feel like it's called regional discrimination just cause they can't call it racism (Neapolitan being not a race). The specific words used were "Colerosi e terremotati" "Colera-stricken" and "Earthquake victims" (terroni, of course, which is the italian slur for people from the south).

Feels to me they went from one extreme (doing nothing) to the other (extremely heavy handed). They've also seemingly went tolerance zero on stuff like Mexes and Balotelli, which I can only approve of.

I guess it's insulting but I find it pretty ridiculous to hand out the same punishment for this as for actual racism. I haven't lived in Italy for over a decade, maybe the divide between north and south has gotten a lot worse than it was or I just didn't notice it before. This isn't for the chants against Naples though, Im trying to think of what they could even call Torinesi that would be that offensive. The curva sud was closed for the Samp match, that was for the Napoli chants. The future entire stadium closing is for whatever they called Juve supporters.

The zero tolerance on insulting the referees or punching people I support 100%, even if it's my idiot team that becomes examples for everyone else.'

e: Just read that the whole stadium is closed because this was the second offense - makes a lot more sense now.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 7, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

canepazzo posted:

I like that they have the balls to do this to big teams in Italy.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

El Hefe posted:

I like that they have the balls to do this to big teams in Italy.

Yeah, ever since Montella spoke up about "Different tolerances" depending on the team, we had:

Balotelli banned 3 matches for telling the ref he would kill him
Natali sent off during half time and banned 3 matches for telling the ref he was poo poo (he was, to be fair)
And now Mexes.

I've never seen so many big (2+ matches) disciplinary bans all at once, at most you see 1-2 per championship. It rules :D

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Rumors of Roma interested in Fredy Montero - former Seattle Sounder, current goalapalooza at Sporting Lisbon. Blows my mind.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Was Taters posted:

Rumors of Roma interested in Fredy Montero - former Seattle Sounder, current goalapalooza at Sporting Lisbon. Blows my mind.

I think he could cut it; in my opinion he was the best player in MLS for a while and it's good to see him doing well in Europe. It's one hell of a team to be joining right now, though.

Speaking of Roma, De Rossi has left the Italy camp with an abductor strain. No word on if a replacement will be called up.

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012

Was Taters posted:

Pallota and co. had better speak w/ Hanauer soon then.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Was Taters posted:

They can gently caress right off.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Mean Bean Machine posted:

They can gently caress right off.

Technically I think he's on loan right now. Maybe Sporting can outspend them.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Was Taters posted:

Technically I think he's on loan right now. Maybe Sporting can outspend them.

The loan has an option for Sporting to buy, although the values are undisclosed. The deal was a bit iffy in the first place, with Sporting's president guaranteeing Montero would stay for 4 years in his presentation, insinuating the loan was only on paper though for what purpose I do not know.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Inter ultras have asked every curva in the country to raise banners and to yell anti-regional chants at the next match so that the entire league will play with no ultras present :psyduck: I mean, you could just not show up...

While I agree with the sentiment but this is a really stupid way to go about it. I feel like I'm on the wrong side when I start to agree with ultras.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Fight fire with fire.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Gigi Galli posted:

The Inter ultras have asked every curva in the country to raise banners and to yell anti-regional chants at the next match so that the entire league will play with no ultras present :psyduck: I mean, you could just not show up...

Sounds win/win, really.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

They just stick to tasteful stuff like the Munich disaster or Heysel in England rather than discrimination :shepface:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Balotelli picked up a minor strain and will skip the Denmark match, should be available against Armenia. Good news imo. Rossi will probably start, which owns.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Balotelli picked up a minor strain and will skip the Denmark match, should be available against Armenia. Good news imo. Rossi will probably start, which owns.

If he gets injured, I am going to break something.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lichtsteiner is sitting out both qualifier matches for Switzerland. Pogba mostly did a good job against Milan after he was subbed on, but Juve desperately need Lichtsteiner to be healthy, especially against Real Madrid.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Lichtsteiner is sitting out both qualifier matches for Switzerland. Pogba mostly did a good job against Milan after he was subbed on, but Juve desperately need Lichtsteiner to be healthy, especially against Real Madrid.

A fart with legs would've done a good job against Milan.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Nah man, Mexes was on your team!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Padoin is either a sub-fart or legless then (not a new revelation). The thought of him or Isla trying to keep tabs on Ronaldo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

trem_two posted:

Padoin is either a sub-fart or legless then (not a new revelation). The thought of him or Isla trying to keep tabs on Ronaldo...

That's a very depressing thought

• Locked thread