Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

for the next 10 minutes sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
i say big words to rich white men for mucho dollars. questions?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

those people usu make <30 a year and work 12 hour shifts until their skeleton forcibly leaves their body for better opportunities

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

eggcellent

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"I work in social media marketing because the only skill I picked up in 4 years and 80k in loans of my ba is being on facebook and twitter all day"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

theflyingexecutive posted:

those people usu make <30 a year and work 12 hour shifts until their skeleton forcibly leaves their body for better opportunities

really?

i find that hard to believe

salesy types always seem to be ballin.. is it just fake image?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they're not in sales, they babysit some company's online presence making sure all the (r)s and TMs are in place

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
the only good career is Programmer

Dec 26, 2012

Rude. posted:

eggcellent

ughhhh

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

or maybe you're thinking of real marketing types who do make good money, that party was my friend's going away because he took a post in abu dhabi for three years

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sniep posted:

really?

updating twitter and a facebook page isnt sales

its barely marketing

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sniep posted:

really?

if a sales guy lives like he makes 500k, he probably makes 250 and has a mountain of debt.
if a sales guy lives like he makes 200k, he probably makes 100 and has a mountain of debt.
if a sales guy lives like he makes 100k, he probably makes 50 and has a mountain of debt.

so yes it's fake image and yes they also make a lot more money than their tech counterparts

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
also, if a sales guy tells you he makes 200k, it means he made 151k, one year, and rounds up to the nearest hundred. this year he probably made 85.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

they're not in sales, they babysit some company's online presence making sure all the (r)s and TMs are in place

speaking of which wtf happened to burlcoatfact twitter :(

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Rude. posted:

eggcellent

definitely worth 10K goon dollars

i mean i guess it's better in doobie's hands because if not goons would go spend it on something like doobie's dog house

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

w/e for goons putting a twenty in, ive spent more on worse, but father christmas will never fail to make me laugh

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
social media marketing is a fantastic job to have currently because the pay is good and the job is entirely based on companies thinking they need a social media presence because other companies do

it's like dot com boom web development

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I've never been so glad to be alive in a time when I can ask a lady "so when's the first time you got goatse'd" and be met with "first. goddamn. day"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

to be honest i would not be making fun of this if he built the stand in tuscaloosa. i'm sure there are people in alabama who would buy and appreciate these hotdogs tailored to whatever the local preferences are

but it's insane to try and build a fast food joint in the outskirts of a depressed one-horse town twenty miles away from the nearest commercial strip, especially when there are already several national franchises in town (wikipedia says Jacks and Subway at least)

sounds like we have the makings of a good underdog movie!

but seriously guys i don't think hot dogs are the whole plan here, and i think he's going to be rich as gently caress. doobie's dog house...DOOBIE'S dog house

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ahmeni posted:

I've never been so glad to be alive in a time when I can ask a lady "so when's the first time you got goatse'd" and be met with "first. goddamn. day"

i showed a french canadian his first goatse over brunch the other day

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

i showed a french canadian his first goatse over brunch the other day

monsieur l'chevre!

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

ahmeni posted:

monsieur l'chevre!

ce n'est que l'homme fait à son anus?

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

yes i google translated it shut up

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ahmeni posted:

my company got taken over by a much bigger non-technical company years ago and we hit that place like smallpox hitting the new world. so many receptive new hosts...

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Why not just doobies doobies, he'd make bank on dank

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

TOOT BOOT posted:

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

ahmeni posted:

social media marketing is a fantastic job to have currently because the pay is good and the job is entirely based on companies thinking they need a social media presence because other companies do

there are a couple important differences

in 1999 if you were over 20 and knew how to spell "internet" you could easily find a high salary position at a startup that didn't know it was doomed yet

now if you're coming out of college you can easily find a job in social media management but either you're an unpaid intern or the twitter thing is secondary to your mop duties

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

TOOT BOOT posted:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TOOT BOOT posted:

Why not just doobies boobies, he'd make bank on skanks

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ahmeni posted:

except we're not in a boom now and all the unemployed kids have degrees and are willing to work for slave wages

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

except we're not in a boom now and all the unemployed kids have degrees and are willing to work for slave wages

serves you right for going to school for a dumb thing
shoulda done a trade, son

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i accidentally went to a happy hour intended for UX/design people once

• 90% female

• 100% under 30

• 50% turned out to actually be social media / marketers who had nothing to do with design.

so i guess if you're a super nerd there's your dating pool, served on a plate. pretend to care about "flat design" for an hour, meet a ton of employed under-30 women

i wouldn't mind going to that just for the subject matter :/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
id rather hear someone talk about flat design for an hour than talk about current movies tv shows or video games ever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
oh you're the one that likes breaking bad?

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i accidentally went to a happy hour intended for UX/design people once

• 90% female

• 100% under 30

• 50% turned out to actually be social media / marketers who had nothing to do with design.

so i guess if you're a super nerd there's your dating pool, served on a plate. pretend to care about "flat design" for an hour, meet a ton of employed under-30 women

"freelancer"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

no its a town of under 2000 people, its a terrible idea no matter what

not true you just have to know the area, although hot dogs probably won't work

~my partner's~ family owns a furniture store in super duper rural area, population of just over 2500 and they're millionaires because of it

Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

id rather hear someone talk about flat design for an hour than talk about current movies tv shows or video games ever

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

flyboi posted:

not true you just have to know the area, although hot dogs probably won't work

~my partner's~ family owns a furniture store in super duper rural area, population of just over 2500 and they're millionaires because of it

i would think that furniture would work much better. the profit margin is higher, its hard for competition to spring up, and its the kind of product that has a high dollar value so if someone only comes in every 2-3 years, theyre still dropping a lot of money each time

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
furniture stores can also give people poo poo they can't afford on easy credit terms then break their knees when they can't make the payments

not sure anyone's going to take out financing on a hot dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'll pay you friday for a hotdog today

• Locked thread