Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

He must just love doing stand-up more than anything. I can respect that. I think he was the highest earning comedian in 2013 ($32 million, not bad).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Two old jews, one wearing a scarf, the other with neon orange shoe laces. I feel like that's the start of a Jackie joke.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Lisa G sold 1 book last month.

http://www.novelrank.com/asin/B009NG0I7C

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 4, 2013

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Goddamn, that is bad. Even self-published lunatic fringe race war novels get more sales.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

I'd like to think this number would be exactly the same if the book was released at the height of Stern's career on terrestrial.

I know you guys like to talk about how anemic the show is but I really enjoyed this week. Arquette's laugh always gets me and I actually like Mark the Bagger v:shobon:v

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

musclecoder posted:

Taken from /r/howardstern:

Jerry making Howard interact with members of the proletariat.

What IS it about these Chex? I mean, there's RICE chex, there's CORN chex... why no BARLEY chex? what's the deal?

And for the record, Seinfeld has the absolute highest and best house in all of Los Angeles, a 360 degree view over Sunset Plaza

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

What IS it about these Chex? I mean, there's RICE chex, there's CORN chex... why no BARLEY chex? what's the deal?

Will Howard now spend a half-hour going on and on about how amazing grocery stores are, and they have whole aisles of different types of cereal?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Howard should have just hung out with Gilbert as Jerry Jr. for an hour instead of actually doing the show. Hell, do both.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Howard should have just hung out with Gilbert as Jerry Jr. for an hour instead of actually doing the show. Hell, do both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXa-f7uI8BE

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

musclecoder posted:

Taken from /r/howardstern:

Jerry making Howard interact with members of the proletariat.

He's just looking for the Howard-O's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kRDHp3tdc

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

prefect posted:

Will Howard now spend a half-hour going on and on about how amazing grocery stores are, and they have whole aisles of different types of cereal?

Oh god, remember when Howard went to a CVS and was blown away that they carry a wide variety of items? He tried to connect, but man did he come off bad during that exchange.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

-Atom- posted:

Oh god, remember when Howard went to a CVS and was blown away that they carry a wide variety of items? He tried to connect, but man did he come off bad during that exchange.

Imagine if Howard ever stepped in a Wal-Mart. The shock might kill him.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

haljordan posted:

Goddamn, that is bad. Even self-published lunatic fringe race war novels get more sales.

To be fair, self-published lunatic fringe race war novels have a built-in audience.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 5, 2013

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Plenty of spinster cat ladies in the world, my friend.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Howard looks like Tim Burton.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
As much as I hate Lisa G, someone on another board pointed out that that NovelRank site is off about a whole bunch of books. Like the NYT #1 best seller also shows as having sold a really low amount of books.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

prefect posted:

No no no, it will be "here's why Americans are so fat there's 80 different kinds of boxed sugared cardboard" like he's the loving Christopher Columbus of nutrition stumbling onto an idea no one has thought of before.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Without getting into wig conspiracies, what the gently caress is the deal with Howard's hair? He's almost 60 and a man and it's 2013, but it looks like he goes to his stylist with a picture of Cher from the If I Could Turn Back Time video and says "I want that one"

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 5, 2013

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Without getting into wig conspiracies, what the gently caress is the deal with Howard's hair? He's almost 60 and a man and it's 2013, but it looks like he goes to his stylist with a picture of Cher from the If I Could Turn Back Time video and says "I want that one"

He still thinks he's in 1988 and that every true rock star needs permed hair, no matter how silly it looks.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

He still thinks he's in 1988 and that every true rock star needs permed hair, no matter how silly it looks.

"You can tell the best year of a man's life, because thats the haircut he keeps"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Going back to grocery store chat, it's funny seeing Howard do that. But man, I would pay to have a camera crew follow Howard's parents around a grocery store.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Howard's probably just looking for the Rice and Shine like his old man. There's something about the products that the Stern family swear by, I can't hear Rice and Shine or Dry Idea without having a laugh.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Whenever I see a Nathan's Hot Dahwg I think of Howard's parents.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Whenever I see halibut on a menu, or at the grocery store, even...

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
...salad with roke-uh-furt dressing...

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Just a heads up - Artie was on Jimmy Fallon on Friday night.
Most of the jokes were repeats (as always), but he's looking healthy (minus the obesity).

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Whenever we see halibut anywhere my wife and I invariable end up doing our own Ben and Ray Stern impressions.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

Just a heads up - Artie was on Jimmy Fallon on Friday night.
Most of the jokes were repeats (as always), but he's looking healthy (minus the obesity).

I have to imagine that most of his jokes and stories aren't repeatable on network TV.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I wish I could remember who it was, but Howard was interviewing some actor who shaved their head for a role, and Howard was flabbergasted that a man would willingly cut his hair off. He acted stunned that the actor didn't think it was a big deal.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

prefect posted:

I wish I could remember who it was, but Howard was interviewing some actor who shaved their head for a role, and Howard was flabbergasted that a man would willingly cut his hair off. He acted stunned that the actor didn't think it was a big deal.

Wasn't it Brian Cranston? I wasn't shocked. Howard is incredibly vain while simultaneously being amazingly insecure, the thought of looking anything less than the best he is capable of is not even something that can enter his mind.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"

prefect posted:

I remember he was interviewing a country singer with a short haircut and kept asking her if her her and her husband have as much sex since she got the haircut.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So I guess Beth was on today

https://twitter.com/BethStern/status/387241338762428416

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As much as Beth is... odd I really don't think it's fair to poo poo on her via Twitter. The woman lives a very benevolent and innocuous life.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Reddit can be a cesspool, but /r/howardstern is pretty good. The appropriate level of discussion about the show with the right amount of hate as well.

This showed up on there today: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/9384144-protest-in-whitestone-over-plans-to-build-a-school/

With a special guest star as well!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh man holy poo poo. I don't know anyone can take Steve seriously at this point in his career. When you said special guest I was really expecting High Pitch.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

kylej posted:

As much as Beth is... odd I really don't think it's fair to poo poo on her via Twitter. The woman lives a very benevolent and innocuous life.

You can't be serious. She's the loving worst.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Steve Langford's monster fat penis, monster fat penis. I want it inside of me.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Indolent Bastard posted:

Steve Langford's monster fat penis, monster fat penis. I want it inside of me.

I'm a really recent listener, and this back and forth with Sour Shoes was one of the first things I ever heard, and I almost crashed my car laughing. So god drat good.

"Sour Shoes I just want you to know that I want you to go to jail for this."

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Advice posted:

"Sour Shoes I just want you to know that I want you to go to jail for this."

I WAS MADE FOR LOVING STEVE LANGFORD

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Sour Shoes is the best wack packer by far)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Steve, I'm real busy, can I call you right back?

OOOOOOOHHH!

I was amazed that Steve didn't turn his anger to Richard and Sal over that. Really, it was them harassing him. I guess he just felt foolish.