Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I look forward to the racing editor so I can make a start just outside the airport, and a single ending waypoint up north, and let people figure it out for themselves. Grab a plane? A fast car? Steal a dirtbike when you reach the boonies? Everything's fair game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Intrepid00 posted:

Also I just can't find how to restart a mission on Xbox.

When voting like/dislike, hit RT after it shows "Continue". It doesn't work with spectators or if a majority picks continue.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

So if I can save photos and access BAWSAQ that means the cloud is up right? And if my character isn't there then it's gone?

I assumed as much so I started yet another new character (but in slot 2 in case the original returns) and encountered a strange issue when I returned after a break and loaded her up.

Maybe my old male character is still alive somewhere in the cloud and has possessed my new female one? Another reload should sort out this issue.

Hmmm.

OK getting killed returns her to normal.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Slim Killington posted:

Survival is cool for the weapons and all (even though they only last as long as the ammo doesn't run out), but it's a really poor time/payout if you're looking for cash. We get $25,000 per Base Invaders and we got that poo poo down to like, a 2 minute science. Banking half a mil after a fairly short play session? Yes please.

Unless you know about a glitch I don't you're being a little hyperbolic here. It take 2-3 minutes just to play the cargobob back.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

cheesetriangles posted:

Off road point to point rally races on ps3 are loving dumb. No one has mics and theres no clear path to follow. The entire concept is pretty frustrating.

It should only let people with mics be the copilot, I've only done one and was lucky enough the guy had a mic.

Dinotron
Sep 2, 2008

Pleads posted:

I look forward to the racing editor so I can make a start just outside the airport, and a single ending waypoint up north, and let people figure it out for themselves. Grab a plane? A fast car? Steal a dirtbike when you reach the boonies? Everything's fair game!

I'm looking forward to making series of super weeaboo downhill/uphill mountain races. I'd prefer for such a race to only allow user created custom cars, but I doubt they'll give us that option. I also want to do GTA race that spans the entire highway around San Andreas and only allows especially large service vehicles.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Pleads posted:

The impromptu races from the select/back menu are amazing for this. I've done a few cross-state quick races with people before and it is exactly as you describe. Each participant just has to be near each other and I think it's only one-on-one though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kri kri posted:

Only on missions. In free roam you still lose money, which is intended.

I don't believe this is as intended. If you die while carrying actual money, the game still deducts the money from your bank instead of the cash on hand (I had like 1800 in cash). I am pretty sure this is still bugged and not functioning correctly.

If it is functioning the way rockstar intended it's still hosed up as it's to expensive to have fun in free roam.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How do you get the fighter jet. I've grabbed the helicopter and looked all around the military base, but no dice.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't believe this is as intended. If you die while carrying actual money, the game still deducts the money from your bank instead of the cash on hand (I had like 1800 in cash). I am pretty sure this is still bugged and not functioning correctly.

If it is functioning the way rockstar intended it's still hosed up as it's to expensive to have fun in free roam.

You aren't supposed to lose any cash on hand unless you have more than $5000. The hospital fees are a separate thing from that, whether they are an intended feature or a bug.

Seltzer posted:

How do you get the fighter jet. I've grabbed the helicopter and looked all around the military base, but no dice.

Seems like you were just unlucky, there are usually a couple around the base. One behind some fence just off the runway and one by a hangar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there any way to clone cars in this like you could in 4, even if it takes another person? If I could grab a Baller and keep making copies that would be great.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Is there any way to clone cars in this like you could in 4, even if it takes another person? If I could grab a Baller and keep making copies that would be great.

I've seen a bug a couple of times where two copies of my personal car spawned, but the second one was locked. Happened when I was returning to free roam after doing some races.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Seltzer posted:

You have to be closer to them than you'd expect for them to pop in. Like, 5 meters.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

I was able to clone my car accidentally when changing the status of who is allowed to use it, but the original became locked. So they might had fixed cloning cars by making one be unusable.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

marktheando posted:

You aren't supposed to lose any cash on hand unless you have more than $5000. The hospital fees are a separate thing from that, whether they are an intended feature or a bug.

Seems like you were just unlucky, there are usually a couple around the base. One behind some fence just off the runway and one by a hangar.

I've had jets disappear while my character was on top and kicking the canopy open. Boy that was fun! Canopy opens, jet disappears, I fall, run around for a while in panic, and I get filled with lead.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

MrLonghair posted:

You can detonate sticky bombs from inside your apartment. You know what to do.

Land a sticky bomb covered heli outside your garage door and monitor it from your tv? Yes, we know what to do.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Started a solo session with a new character, and the loving drug mission is impossible to do once the guy's in a car. No matter how much I rammed his loving car up, he kept driving like it was a loving Infernus.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

El Hefe posted:

It should only let people with mics be the copilot, I've only done one and was lucky enough the guy had a mic.

When I did on of these I had arrows apear on my screen when I needed to turn. Is that not how they work?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Million Ghosts posted:

Doing Meth'd Up with some goon crewmembers, go to run across the street to hop in my car, and get pasted by a passing car. I'm helpful :v:.

From a few pages back, but the exact same thing happened to me not long after you left. Just running across the road, when a minivan comes barrelling out of nowhere and lays me the gently caress out. I am totally a professional at what I do, honest. :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Odette posted:

Started a solo session with a new character, and the loving drug mission is impossible to do once the guy's in a car. No matter how much I rammed his loving car up, he kept driving like it was a loving Infernus.

Yeah that mission was a horrible pain in the rear end. The only way to do it is to know the way the guy is going to go and just ram him before he gets in a car.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
So this is probably a dumb question but do you get better at shooting by shooting things ala SP, or does every skill increase equally as you accrue RP

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rirse posted:

I was able to clone my car accidentally when changing the status of who is allowed to use it, but the original became locked. So they might had fixed cloning cars by making one be unusable.

Okay, well, is there any easy way to reseed cars then? Sucks when the expensive ones don't spawn.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

nuncle jimbo posted:

So this is probably a dumb question but do you get better at shooting by shooting things ala SP, or does every skill increase equally as you accrue RP

You get better at shooting by shooting, stats for things increase as you do those things

Sloop
Jun 1, 2003

Harminoff posted:

When I did on of these I had arrows apear on my screen when I needed to turn. Is that not how they work?

The co-pilot can press left or right on the D-Pad to make those arrows appear if they don't have a mic/feel like using voice chat.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Stats also seem to increase faster when you're on a job.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Is there any way to reliably give a female character a beard like this?

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

xcore posted:

Is "hosting" a game hosting in the sense of "all these people are relying on my lovely internet connection" or "The host gets to choose all the option"

Also, people need to get some drat headseats/mics. Its so hard to try and coordinate a group with goons when I have to use the lovely Xbox keyboard.

I've had a host leave mid game and the session continued without a problem. My internet connection is pretty bad, and I haven't heard any complaints, I host all the time.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Dinotron posted:

I'm looking forward to making series of super weeaboo downhill/uphill mountain races. I'd prefer for such a race to only allow user created custom cars, but I doubt they'll give us that option. I also want to do GTA race that spans the entire highway around San Andreas and only allows especially large service vehicles.

Route 68 to the Great Ocean Highway through Tongva Hills is pretty good for recreating some Initial D poo poo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Good times with the 1009. Sgtwheelman & another goon (hector something?) were fleeing from some random hostile up on the north east coast highway. It was the coolest thing following the chase from above (playing news copter) as I watched them throw sticky bombs at the guy. Eventually I met up with them in the northwest town & we killed the guy a bunch for spamming us with text messages.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dinotron posted:

I want to set up a lap race going up and down a parking garage, get 16 players on that and it will be total chaos.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Are the servers still hosed or is it safe to play? Decided to make a new character after my last was eaten by the cloud.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

cheesetriangles posted:

Are the servers still hosed or is it safe to play? Decided to make a new character after my last was eaten by the cloud.
I made yet another character tonight after my first few got deleted. This one is showing up in the character switcher menu and on my Social Club. So I guess that's a good sign.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Playing some Top Fun with goons is awesome. Just had an amazing near-death on top of Vinewood Hill. I went off road at the very top of it and got a nice jump right as a missile was about to hit me so it ends up going under me.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Just lost access to my fourth character on 360, despite being super careful about always leaving through the start menu and never hitting retry to connect to Cloud servers... Hopefully she'll pop back up soon, but I've yet to have one reappear despite using different slots for each new one. :ohdear:

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I managed to accidentally clone my personal car by getting killed while in it, then I re-spawned right next to it and a new copy of my car spawned with me which was my new "personal car" but the car I died in was still right there, same license plate and everything and I could get in and drive it. It was pretty silly but it might have just been some glitchy cloud magic.

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Not only is it a 4 door car, it is the best 4 door car. Lampadati Felon is 2nd best but the best one that isn't premium.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Vehicles
According to that link the Ubermacht Oracle is faster and has better acceleration than the Lampadati Felon and the Dewbauchee Exemplar. They have lower handling, but it's quite managable. It can outrun most (if not all) 2-door cars that aren't bought online. It was pretty hard to find though, and it took me a long time to find one. Once I found it, I tracked and insured it, and haven't seen any more since.

any colour you like fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 8, 2013

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Which mission was the one where the jets chase the motorcycles?

I thought that was a loving awesome idea, except that the jets both suicided so us three bikers won very... anticlimactically.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
So the best "griefing spot" looks to be the swampy area outside of the Military Base. Climb up to the road, chill by the barriers, and snipe people while they fail over and over to steal fighter jets.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I thought that was a loving awesome idea, except that the jets both suicided so us three bikers won very... anticlimactically.

top fun. in top fun II jets chase cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I've never played a game of Top Fun where it didn't end with the jets all crashing and the bikes automatically winning like 6 miles from the finish line

• Locked thread