Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Gun tweaks inbound.

I'm going to go ahead and call them nerfing The Sham and Norfleet, among others. And I'm totally okay with this, if only for the rage it will bring to one man in Kentucky. :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Invite me when you get the chance. I got an overpower 1 bee if you want it

Edit: gently caress double Scorches and armored spiderants

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 5, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Can't wait for the gun tweaks to be slight buffs to the Flakker and Gunerang.

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013
I am so sad that I can't play this new content away from home anymore. Now, when I try to play using my gold account remotely I get content permissions errors instead of exploding heads which makes me so sad. Why god, why?

iKissChicks
May 1, 2008
I am so down for the community event. I just got my internet connection stable, and am doing the Tiny Tina DLC. I want awesome overpowered guns dammit! Even at lvl 59 my Gaige is getting her rear end kicked!

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

iKissChicks posted:

I am so down for the community event. I just got my internet connection stable, and am doing the Tiny Tina DLC. I want awesome overpowered guns dammit! Even at lvl 59 my Gaige is getting her rear end kicked!

I got all the OP8 Gauge mods when you want them. Hit me up at KidKrampus if you'd like. I might also be up for some leveling in the beat down.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
I loved the hell out of Borderlands 1, but couldn't afford to buy the sequel at launch. About a week ago a friend let me borrow his copy, and wouldn't you know it, family birthday money arrived today, the day after BL2 GOTY came out :unsmigghh:

I've read the thread from the start, up to page 115. Fun seeing peoples reactions in hindsight, like the Bee and Evil Smasher nerfs.

Im level 22ish, and Bloodwing just die. Goddamn :stare: at Mordecai's rage murdering on your way out.

Since the area is cleared out, I started Loot Loader Midget farming. Got Jimmy my first time, also got a Flakker, which from reading the thread knew it sucked, and then tested it out, confirming that.

Second run, Conference Call. Did I mention im currently a B0re Zer0?

Edit: third run gave a bonus package. I know im gonna out level this stuff soon, but man, I'm set for a little while. Next three rans gave me nothing.

Also, is it possible to farm the Pirate Treasure room still, or was that perna-fixed?

Also also super sad to see the thread dead :smith:

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 10, 2013

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Deep Winter posted:

The PC thread is a bit more active.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Deep Winter posted:

I loved the hell out of Borderlands 1, but couldn't afford to buy the sequel at launch. About a week ago a friend let me borrow his copy, and wouldn't you know it, family birthday money arrived today, the day after BL2 GOTY came out :unsmigghh:

I've read the thread from the start, up to page 115. Fun seeing peoples reactions in hindsight, like the Bee and Evil Smasher nerfs.

Im level 22ish, and Bloodwing just die. Goddamn :stare: at Mordecai's rage murdering on your way out.

Since the area is cleared out, I started Loot Loader Midget farming. Got Jimmy my first time, also got a Flakker, which from reading the thread knew it sucked, and then tested it out, confirming that.

Also, is it possible to farm the Pirate Treasure room still, or was that perna-fixed?

Thread's not really dead, all the people who posted in it just see each other almost everyday so there's no real reason to post. Also the flakker is a cool gun if you have the casual version.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

KidKrampus posted:

I got all the OP8 Gauge mods when you want them. Hit me up at KidKrampus if you'd like. I might also be up for some leveling in the beat down.

I could use an OP 8 Legendary Roboteer. :shobon:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Neo Helbeast posted:

Thread's not really dead, all the people who posted in it just see each other almost everyday so there's no real reason to post. Also the flakker is a cool gun if you have the casual version.

The Flakker is never good. I can think of 5-10 shotguns that I'd rather have than the Flakker.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Big thanks to ShadowedFlames for power-leveling my Gaige to 72.
And bigger thanks to KidKrampus for plowing me to OP 8, and duping me all of that gear.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Deep Winter posted:

Since the area is cleared out, I started Loot Loader Midget farming. Got Jimmy my first time

You fucker. It's one of the last trophies I need and this dude will not show up ever, and I've been at if for hours over the past week. What's the trick to getting the Doctor's Order's loot midgets to show up every time? Because I've had a groups of 3 show up out of the four cardboard boxes...twice. On dozens of runs. I've tried Thousand Cuts running and Opportunity running. Nothing. What the gently caress.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

GuavaMoment posted:

You fucker. It's one of the last trophies I need and this dude will not show up ever, and I've been at if for hours over the past week. What's the trick to getting the Doctor's Order's loot midgets to show up every time? Because I've had a groups of 3 show up out of the four cardboard boxes...twice. On dozens of runs. I've tried Thousand Cuts running and Opportunity running. Nothing. What the gently caress.

Did you grab the second echo Inside one of the boxes?.it needs to still be in the box, not grabbed.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Just got OP 8 can anyone dupe me some sweet poo poo? Winkie32 PS3

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've finally finished all of the quests in Assault on Dragon Keep after putting it down for the longest time, and man it got un-fun super quick. At around level 35 or so the game suddenly just dropped all the entertaining gameplay and went "I hope you like skeletons that have more health than you do!" They're skeletons! It shouldn't take me two full assault rifle magazines to down one! :argh: I just hate how bullet-spongey everything becomes at higher levels. I'm sure I'd have enjoyed this one more if its recommended level was maybe mid-20s.

I guess I just didn't find the humor funny either. "Ha ha, video games!!" just doesn't ever sit right with me, which is part of the reason I also didn't enjoy Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. I really should have just gone on to playthrough 2 without finishing the last half but the completionist in me wouldn't let me do it. I'm not just disappointed in the game, I'm disappointed in myself :eng99:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 10, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Genocyber posted:

The PC thread is a bit more active.
Maybe this should close and that be made a general BL2 thread? It's been out a year, most people (Including myself) have moved onto other games. But it's fun to go back to every once in a while and gently caress around in.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Deep Winter posted:

Edit: third run gave a bonus package. I know im gonna out level this stuff soon, but man, I'm set for a little while. Next three rans gave me nothing.

With a B0re Zer0 you need to pick up the Sunny Blockhead. I am 65 and still using my 61 to light poo poo up. It, the DP Harold, and the Slagged Orc, are my very favorite guns in the game. But keep that conference call for Bnk-3R.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Deep Winter posted:

Did you grab the second echo Inside one of the boxes?.it needs to still be in the box, not grabbed.

I only grabbed the first one, so I'm at 1/4 with an echo recorder still in the cardboard box. I've tried it on normal and TVHM, and haven't finished the bloodwing story mission there.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Winkie01 posted:

Just got OP 8 can anyone dupe me some sweet poo poo? Winkie32 PS3

I might be on later tonight, I cheated and Gibbed my way to OP8.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Just a reminder: Today is the first day of the Great Loot Hunt. The site still hasn't updated, but you're going to have to do something silly (I'm guessing get X headshots with Y pistol) with a specific gun each day. Knuckledragger is supposed to be dropping a Gwen's Head pistol soon-ish.

FYI, Gwen's Head is a semi-automatic Dahl pistol that unloads a seven round burst when sight-fired. It's also got a crit bonus that's multiplied differently than most crit bonus guns.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Weird question that may be better-suited for the PC thread, regarding Gibbed's editor:

If your character ranks up to OP8, and you modify them in Gibbed to sync weapons and equipment, will they all remain at 72 or will it adjust everything to the OP level?
I'm interested in seeing more destruction from my DPUH spawns.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Jake Blues posted:

Weird question that may be better-suited for the PC thread, regarding Gibbed's editor:

If your character ranks up to OP8, and you modify them in Gibbed to sync weapons and equipment, will they all remain at 72 or will it adjust everything to the OP level?
I'm interested in seeing more destruction from my DPUH spawns.

You have to scale everything manually.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Just a reminder: Today is the first day of the Great Loot Hunt. The site still hasn't updated, but you're going to have to do something silly (I'm guessing get X headshots with Y pistol) with a specific gun each day. Knuckledragger is supposed to be dropping a Gwen's Head pistol soon-ish.

FYI, Gwen's Head is a semi-automatic Dahl pistol that unloads a seven round burst when sight-fired. It's also got a crit bonus that's multiplied differently than most crit bonus guns.
That is the most lackluster start to this event and I'm not surprised in the slightest. You can get a Gwen's Head pretty much any time you load up The Dust.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Father Wendigo posted:

If I haven't played Borderlands since Dragon Keep and I still haven't done the overpower levels or any of that stuff, should I even bother?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Kifisonfire posted:

That is the most lackluster start to this event and I'm not surprised in the slightest. You can get a Gwen's Head pretty much any time you load up The Dust.

From the description getting the gun is not the reward, you just use it to complete the challenge then a "uniquely super-awesome" reward comes later in the week.

Its hard to say if this is going to be worth the effort until the site updates just have to wait... patiently... *reloads page over and over and over*

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Well, at least the news ticker has been updated, saying that Dahl pistols now have less recoil and larger ammo clips.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

TheMopeSquad posted:

From the description getting the gun is not the reward, you just use it to complete the challenge then a "uniquely super-awesome" reward comes later in the week.

Its hard to say if this is going to be worth the effort until the site updates just have to wait... patiently... *reloads page over and over and over*

yeah, I came home from work expecting to go get a gun and shoot stuff but I don't know what gun or what to shoot. :smith:

edit: if they decide I need to kill a raid boss with something crap like the Flakker or a white-grade gun I'm just going to have to skip that

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 11, 2013

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

They just announced that it is being postponed until tomorrow morning: https://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame/posts/10151752394209081

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

CJacobs posted:

"I hope you like skeletons that have more health than you do!" They're skeletons! It shouldn't take me two full assault rifle magazines to down one! :argh:

You're not trying to shoot brittle skeletons are you? Those ones you have to melee; they're super weak to it. I play melee build Zero, and my cousin went through the entire DLC with me splitscreen not realizing that.

I'd be really grateful if someone could friend GuavaMoment on PSN and let me revive them to platinum the game. I'll edit this once I get it.

Platinum! But thanks for the offer strildo, got it from someone else.

GuavaMoment fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 14, 2013

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
Guava, I just sent you a friend request. My name's STRILDO.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

You're not trying to shoot brittle skeletons are you? Those ones you have to melee; they're super weak to it. I play melee build Zero, and my cousin went through the entire DLC with me splitscreen not realizing

That's what I did until almost beating the dlc. All the other skeletons were hard also.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The loot hunt has begun!
Target: Knuckledragger.
Today's community challenge: Kill 50,000 Badass Marauders with Gwen's head.
End of week reward: Miss Moxxi's Creamer.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 12, 2013

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
Just killed Knuckledragger and got my Gwen's Head pistol. I wonder when it will update my status from "not killed" to "killed?"

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010
There is a small note that states " NOTE: Due to processing time, your Loot Hunt accomplishments may not be immediately reflected below and could take up to a few hours to appear. ".

That and a few other problems might have been why they delayed it for so long. It doesn't even update the three enemy's that I manged to find and kill.

Edit: Took an hour for both kill updates. Overall kind of happy about that.

Sandata fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 12, 2013

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
Yeah mine is up now, too. Is there a good place to farm Badass Marauders?

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010
I got two from the Southern Shelf Bay in the room where Midge-Mong is. Someone said "that the eridium mine in Tundra Express has four guaranteed to spawn after you turn the wheel. Don't bother with the other bandit camps, just do the mine (the one with the rat miners)."

Other wise I don't truly know.

edit: "just to add to this, if you go up to where the train crashed and where you fight wilhem, you will spawn there and be closer than the waypoint and save yourself some time."

Not tested so I don't know. Would bandits be even be there? It was a Hyperion Robot area.

Sandata fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 12, 2013

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

Sandata posted:

edit: "just to add to this, if you go up to where the train crashed and where you fight wilhem, you will spawn there and be closer than the waypoint and save yourself some time."

Not tested so I don't know. Would bandits be even be there? It was a Hyperion Robot area.

I think you'd have to go to the End of the Line, where the train crashed, then back into Tundra Express and save and quit there. The next time you load it, you'll spawn in front of the Tundra Express exit to the End of the Line. I don't really think it's that much closer to the mine than taking the farmhouse waypoint.

The badass marauder goal got met a few hours ago, so that information is just for fun now, I guess. The site's got a countdown to 11AM tomorrow and the clue "The bad guys so nice..." now. My guess is Boom-Bewm will be tomorrow's target.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Today's target: Boom-Bewn
Community goal: Kill 100,000 Bonerfart Slingers with the Hornet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Today's target is Boom Bewn for the Hornet.
Community challenge is kill 100,000 Bullymong Slingers with the Hornet.

E: Smashpro! :argh:

• Locked thread