Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I just came here to say: gently caress Juggalos. gently caress them and gently caress Gamzee forever.

Also I think he was just faking.

Dolash posted:

Thinking about the current situation with Terezi and Gamzee, what do people see happening here? Is Terezi about to be killed, or is she going to pull herself together? Is Karkat or someone else going to intervene, or at least be present?

Personally I'd sooner bet on Kanaya than Karkat. I'd expect her to be able to fight a pissed off Gamzee a lot better than Karkat. Maybe we're in for a repeat of her crotch-punt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nephthys posted:

Maybe we're in for a repeat of her crotch-punt.

But... he is protected now.

God drat, that loving clown!

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Just because he won't get the worst of it, doesn't mean she can't still go for a field goal.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Think of it as a crumple zone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Plus there's lava to aim for now.

GET UP FROM THAT YOU ASSCLOWN!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jane's asleep. I wonder if she'll be dreaming soon?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Burkion posted:

Plus there's lava to aim for now.

GET UP FROM THAT YOU ASSCLOWN!

If that was to happen i really hope we'd get a shot of Gamzee smiling and giving a thumbs up as he slowly sinks into the lava, Terminator-style.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Dorroile posted:

If that was to happen i really hope we'd get a shot of Gamzee smiling and giving a thumbs up as he slowly sinks into the lava, Terminator-style.

Today on Mythbusters: are clowns heavier than rocks?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The Big Whoop posted:

I've seen this post like 3 times now and I just got the reason Bro/Dirk is white and Rose/Roxy and Dave are black. I was about to be like "yo aren't they the same genetics, but male/female"
DUH

Could you explain it to me then, since I thought they shared the same genetics too. :confused:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think the idea, of those stickers if we take them as canon (which I'm all for honestly) is that Dave and Rose are mixed, Dirk is white as gently caress, Roxy is black, and Jane, Jake, John and Jade (SO MANY Js GODDAMN) are a slightly ambiguous race due to having darker skin than Dirk. Which, again, I think would be cool.

I did forget to explain exactly. Basically they share about as much of the same genetics as you do with your parents. The Beta kids are the Alpha Kids's offspring, effectively.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'm keening on Karkles coming along to see Gamzee killing/fatally wounding Terezi, which will push Karkat over the edge and we'll finally see some knight of blood powers.
I've been watching a little too much shonen animes.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Could you explain it to me then, since I thought they shared the same genetics too. :confused:

Dirk and Roxy share no common genes between them (other than, you know, both being human and all) because they are literally just clones of themselves. Dave and Rose, on the other hand, are each the result of the amalgamation of Dirk and Roxy's genes.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Jane's asleep. I wonder if she'll be dreaming soon?

And will she be mind-controlled in her dream or not? We do have Jade and Calliope to get back to.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Renaissance Robot posted:

Today on Mythbusters: are clowns heavier than rocks?

Plus, we test whether or not a robot can really suffocate you while it sleeps!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Blackheart posted:

But... he is protected now.

God drat, that loving clown!

My new theory is that the game assigns the bard class on the basis of "which player in this session will most need protection from being kicked in the nads?"

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

My new theory is that the game assigns the bard class on the basis of "which player in this session will most need protection from being kicked in the nads?"

The other known bard having been Cronus.
Wow, that actually is a pretty drat sound theory.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Dirk is an albino black man, obviously

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Gamzee is seriously the loving best

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hate to defend the clown, but Terezi did just try and just murder him a lot.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

I hate to defend the clown, but Terezi did just try and just murder him a lot.

So he manipulated her into letting down her guard, and then clocked her. Obviously she should have been trying harder.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Gamzee is seriously the loving best

What this guy said. Nothing better than a character designed to be a hate magnet.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Ingenium posted:

What this guy said. Nothing better than a character designed to be a hate magnet.

Hate magnets---how do they loving work?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

glowing-fish posted:

Hate magnets---how do they loving motherfucking work?

You missed a golden opportunity.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Plom Bar posted:

Dirk and Roxy share no common genes between them (other than, you know, both being human and all) because they are literally just clones of themselves. Dave and Rose, on the other hand, are each the result of the amalgamation of Dirk and Roxy's genes.

I think it also might be because John described Bro as "a white guy who is a rapper" once.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RickoniX posted:

Dirk is an albino black man, obviously

No, he's a black man who gets whiter when he tans.

He is the embodiment of irony.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Gann Jerrod posted:

I think it also might be because John described Bro as "a white guy who is a rapper" once.

Didn't that get back-edited into a bunch of ASCII gibberish a couple years ago when Hussie tried to make some statement about Homestuck being a work of post-racial transcendence? Or is that just the moon talking?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Snollygoster posted:

Didn't that get back-edited into a bunch of ASCII gibberish a couple years ago when Hussie tried to make some statement about Homestuck being a work of post-racial transcendence? Or is that just the moon talking?

I think during one of the many "what race are the characters?" ask sessions, someone pointed that page out saying that Hussie couldn't claim the characters were whatever race you want anymore. But in this particular exchange the guy asking was pretty rude if I recall. I think Hussie then changed it as a joke, mentioning he'd possibly change it back later if he remembered about it.

It was pretty minor, nowhere near the "caucasian" clusterfuck.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Snollygoster posted:

Yep, that sure did happen.

I felt bad for Hussie when he did that, it just seemed so stupid and childish than maybe trying to be diplomatic and just saying something like "I've decided to leave the characters' races completely up to personal interpretation, although originally I had envisioned them as white." Then again, diplomacy with the Homestuck fandom is probably even harder than diplomacy with the Republican party.

And it wasn't as funny as "CAUCASIAN!"

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

I felt bad for Hussie when he did that, it just seemed so stupid and childish than maybe trying to be diplomatic and just saying something like "I've decided to leave the characters' races completely up to personal interpretation, although originally I had envisioned them as white." Then again, diplomacy with the Homestuck fandom is probably even harder than diplomacy with the Republican party.

It wasn't really the homestuck fandom as at exists now when that happened, its really that Hussie is 30% spite even at his most pleasant.

Also you can combine the two for "I feel so
"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Well Manicured Man posted:

You know, Hussie could have made a better point to make Dave ask why John thought he and his brother were white, despite having never seen either of them. It could have been funny while still being ambiguous, with John getting slightly flustered, Dave laughing at him, and both dropping it.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 8, 2013

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Who What Now posted:

You know, Hussie could have made a better point to make Dave ask why John thought he and his brother were white, despite having never seen either of them. It could have been funny while still being ambiguous, with John getting slightly flustered, Dave laughing at him, and both dropping it.

But that would have meant giving in to the tumblr social justice warrior PC thought police hippie brigade! :qq:

Of course, I'm mostly thinking of some other webcomic creators (and Homestuck fans) when I say that. I thought he handled the "Caucasian!" thing a lot better when people got upset.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fred is on posted:

But that would have meant giving in to the tumblr social justice warrior PC thought police hippie brigade! :qq:

Of course, I'm mostly thinking of some other webcomic creators (and Homestuck fans) when I say that. I thought he handled the "Caucasian!" thing a lot better when people got upset.

Credit where credit is due, he reacted like he did because he didn't want shitheads to use the update as an excuse to treat minority readers like garbage for having the audacity to imagine the kids as anything other than white.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Seoinin posted:

Credit where credit is due, he reacted like he did because he didn't want shitheads to use the update as an excuse to treat minority readers like garbage for having the audacity to imagine the kids as anything other than white.

If anything, you'd think that Jane's reaction + going from 'undefined' to explicitly Caucasian would imply that normally she's not white.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Mazerunner posted:

If anything, you'd think that Jane's reaction + going from 'undefined' to explicitly Caucasian would imply that normally she's not white.

Unfortunately, racist shitheads are dumbasses.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's one reason I liked that joke the way it was. loving shitheads.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I always thought the Caucasian line was hilarious. Like the idea that Trickster mode gives you cheat mode for all aspects of your life- including being White.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg48ZZ2wYfM

But of course Tumblr freaked out since they're so oversensitive they'd view a panel of John sneezing as Nose Privilege.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

Technically all she said was that she felt particularly Caucasian. That doesn't imply anything about what race she actually is.

(not sure whether this should get a :eng101: or a :goonsay:)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I always thought the Caucasian line was hilarious. Like the idea that Trickster mode gives you cheat mode for all aspects of your life- including being White.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg48ZZ2wYfM

But of course Tumblr freaked out since they're so oversensitive they'd view a panel of John sneezing as Nose Privilege.

Amusingly enough most, if not all, of the backlash was aforementioned shitheads whining about how Hussie is in thrall to Big PC.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The Peachy line is better anyway, who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Seoinin posted:

Amusingly enough most, if not all, of the backlash was aforementioned shitheads whining about how Hussie is in thrall to Big PC.

Which is funny considering that they were saying that of the guy who created Kankri.