Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I love the decklist but why the maindeck Slaughter Games? The meta so homogenous that it's worth playing? Does the cost compete too much with Purphoros and the Posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

quote:

Ashiok Control

One thing I'd be wary of is both the life cost Thoughtseize/Read the Bones against Mono Red, R/G decks, and your ability to deal with a rapidly flooded board. Most of the removal is one for one.

How well did Omenspeaker help with stabilising?

Could you go into a little more detail about how the games went vs. Aggro?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

bhsman posted:

I love the decklist but why the maindeck Slaughter Games? The meta so homogenous that it's worth playing? Does the cost compete too much with Purphoros and the Posts?

If you can cast all 3 it's auto-win versus UW control, which only runs 3 win conditions (Jace, Aetherling, Elspeth). I played Rakdos Midrange yesterday and Slaughter Games helped me win versus control every time.

However I didn't like Read the Bones main. I much preferred Underworld Connections since I would rarely cast RtB on turn 3, and Underworld will draw you more cards over time. It also helps you towards devotion for Gray Merchant!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gravy Train Robber posted:

One thing I'd be wary of is both the life cost Thoughtseize/Read the Bones against Mono Red, R/G decks, and your ability to deal with a rapidly flooded board. Most of the removal is one for one.

How well did Omenspeaker help with stabilising?

Could you go into a little more detail about how the games went vs. Aggro?

Against RDW and R/G I sided out Thoughtseize, Underworld connections, and sometimes 1-2 read the bones, or 1 dissolve/AEtherling/Desecration Demon, and I sided in a combination of Tidebinder/Duress/Essence Scatter.

Against RDW round 1 I went:

Game 1 (win the roll off):
T1 Thoughtseize (hitting opponents only one drop, seeing a veritable forest of 2 drops, a mountain and a mutavault)
T2 Omenspeaker
T3 Ashiok (+2)
T4 Ashiok (-3) for Boros Reckoner, Doom Blade a creature, have Ultimate Price in Hand
T5 Keepcounter mana up, Ashiok (+2)
T6 Shiok (-2) for Ash Zealot, cast Desecration Demon, keep removal mana up.

Game 2 (post sideboard. I left one Thoughtseize in):
Mull to 6, opening hand is: Watery Grave, Thoughtseize, Doom Blade, Essence scatter x3

T1: Draw an Island, Thoughtseize
T2-T5: Remove or counter everything until I can cast Ashiok into an empty board, get Boros Reckoner and Ash Zealot again

Omenspeaker is a good butt to slow down aggressive decks, and protects Ashiok for the turn needed to find a blocker in the opponents deck. Seriously, the best card in my B/U control deck, is the R/W minotaur.

bhsman posted:

Maindeck Slaughter Games is because we know what most of the basic deck archetypes are, and there are some cards we just do not want to see, just going T4 Slaughter games naming sphinx's revelation is crippling to U/W, and the surprise factor of being able to do it G1 definitely gave out an edge. And no, the cost didn't compete too much against Purp and Posts

Balon posted:

If you can cast all 3 it's auto-win versus UW control, which only runs 3 win conditions (Jace, Aetherling, Elspeth). I played Rakdos Midrange yesterday and Slaughter Games helped me win versus control every time.

However I didn't like Read the Bones main. I much preferred Underworld Connections since I would rarely cast RtB on turn 3, and Underworld will draw you more cards over time. It also helps you towards devotion for Gray Merchant!

We also didn't like Read the Bones main in Murder Goats, it was like flying too close to the sun.

I like Read the Bones maindeck in Dimir control over underworld connections because I'm not playing any devotion in Dimir control.

If I was playing Mono Black Control, I'd be playing underworld connections all day erryday for that sweet sweet devotion.

Tertiary Stresses
Jul 27, 2007
So I'm a very old player who came back for Theros. I love the scry mechanism and am trying to get a deck built around it.

Izzet Scry

The idea is to set up multiple scries per turn, which feeds Flamespeaker Adept as well as ensures that only useful cards are drawn. Lots of cheaper removal to keep the board clean during the set up, and to proc scry with either the spell or with the Chimera.

I have no idea if this would work, but it does look fun. Any comments would go a long way to helping me learn what a good deck should look like.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I see Chandra's floating around in the sideboards for several of the RDW strategies. What circumstances is she getting boarding in (I'm assuming control matchup for her +0), and what's getting pulled for her (I assume like Shocks or something)?

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Yeah, I took LOOK AT THE BONES out of my Murder Goats variants right away. I'm guessing the provincial had a lot of u/w, u/b, and esper control?

I 1-3'd my FNM with the variant I put up, but five of the six game losses on the night were from flooding out. I had one game where I managed to see half the deck (with some trading post acceleration) and just never ran into a win condition. I sure had plenty of land to do things with. Also played a few matches against some people after the FNM and face rolled them.

Everyone at my LGS thinks the deck is incredible, hilarious, and extremely difficult to play against.

I have the deck mostly built on MODO already, probably gonna want to playtest it there soon.

Edit, I may move back towards Mezzanon's list for next week.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 7, 2013

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems

Mikujin posted:

I see Chandra's floating around in the sideboards for several of the RDW strategies. What circumstances is she getting boarding in (I'm assuming control matchup for her +0), and what's getting pulled for her (I assume like Shocks or something)?

Pretty much.

+0 is incredible in putting amazing pressure on them. If you stick it against control you basically force them to somehow 2 for 1 you turn after turn or they lose.

Chandra owns, best planeswalker in a while (that isn't Liliana), and I'll go far to say that it's likely the 2nd best planeswalker in modern now as well.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Mulletstation posted:

Pretty much.

+0 is incredible in putting amazing pressure on them. If you stick it against control you basically force them to somehow 2 for 1 you turn after turn or they lose.

Chandra owns, best planeswalker in a while (that isn't Liliana), and I'll go far to say that it's likely the 2nd best planeswalker in modern now as well.

Second coming of Liliana of the Veil eh?

Good thing I own 4! :haw:

Still regret not buying everyone's copies.

Edit: God drat it's still going up in price what in the gently caress.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

TheTofuShop posted:

I mean, he did post a decklist with Grand Arbiter as a Commander, so I figured he was already in the "table-hates-me" category.

Yup, that's pretty much the goal of the deck. I've got a few other EDH decks for when I play with friends, but this one is for the FNM tables where everyone seems to be intent on winning as cheaply as possible without getting extra points.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Zoness posted:

Legacy Affinity with Tezzeret, AoB and Ancient Tomb is pretty strong - the Ancient Tomb version gets to cast Tezzeret easily since he's effectively a 3-drop with a sol land.

Played around a bit with the decklist, and... yeah. Multiple win conditions, with Tezz's being very hard to stop. By turn 3 or 4 I have about six artifacts in play with Tezz ready to do his -4. It's a beastly swing.

Not sure about the sideboard, or if I should in fact main the Chalices. This is Legacy we're talking about, and my biggest concerns are hard control decks like Helm.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

Played around a bit with the decklist, and... yeah. Multiple win conditions, with Tezz's being very hard to stop. By turn 3 or 4 I have about six artifacts in play with Tezz ready to do his -4. It's a beastly swing.

Not sure about the sideboard, or if I should in fact main the Chalices. This is Legacy we're talking about, and my biggest concerns are hard control decks like Helm.

Turn 1 Chalice is backbreaking for like 80% pf the decks in the format, mainboard that poo poo.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I threw together a version of MURDERGOATS close to Yeehaw's for FNM last week. Won the first match handily against a W/R heroic based shenanigans deck, then got annihilated by Gruul aggro and dropped. It was a ton of fun the times it came together, thanks for posting the lists!

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Trample really does seem to be the Achilles heel for Murdergoats.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I made some changes to my Master of Waves mono-blue aggro deck. I like it a lot better now:

I replaced the Omenspeakers with Vaporkin. Same cost, more evasion, more damage, more aggro-like. Also fulfills the role of evolving the Cloudfin Raptors on turn 2.

After a ton of second and third guessing myself, I took out the Dissolves and replaced them with Inaction Injunctions. The way I see it, this is an aggro deck and I will always be tapped out during my opponent's turn. Therefore the Dissolves are only useful for covering my swings. However, after that I want to have mana to cast more creatures. Dissolve is good but expensive. Inaction Injunction is faster, gets their biggest blocker out of my way, potentially shuts down a nasty activated ability until my next turn, and potentially lets me cast a 1 or 2 mana creature after combat. It also doesn't cost me a card, and I need all the cards I can draw in an aggro deck.

I put the Dissolves in the sideboard for the Control matchup so I can stop Revelations. I also put the Disperses in their for the same matchup because honestly I think it's my only bad matchup. Disperse lets me potentially bounce a Master of Waves in response to a Verdict, and can act as extra tempo to get annoying blockers out of the way.

I also decided to bump up my 1-drops to a total of 10 to hit the typical aggro curve and make sure I almost always have a first turn creature. That's why the 2 Galerider Slivers are in there. If anyone has a better 1-drop I can use feel free to offer suggestions. I chose the Galerider solely based on the fact that it has evasion.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Veyrall posted:

Trample really does seem to be the Achilles heel for Murdergoats.

Maybe then the sideboard should contain gnawing zombies. It comes down cheap, can continue the pinging, gains life and has a big butt.

Its slower than every other option, but if trample is an issue, he might be the best way to offset it.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
So, I found a way to put 9 +1/+1 counters on Fabled Hero turn 4, and I want to throw other things at this and call it a deck.

Here's the Magical Christmasland combo:
t1: Plains
t2: Plains, Phalanx Leader
t3: Island, Fabled Hero
t4: Island, Phalanx Leader, Bioshift (targets both Phalanx Leaders) , Bioshift (target Phalanx leader you moved counters to and Fabled Hero)

I feel like I came up with half of an idea and can't quite implement it.
How do I turn this into a deck?
I think it's similar to Izzet Blitz, but it needs more cards to work, and the Fabled Hero isn't unblockable, but his buffs aren't temporary either, so if he's chumped on t4, he'll still need to be answered on t5.

I have two Elspeth, Sun's Champion and two Archangel of Thune that I think could make a good fit.
I also have a few Path of Bravery that could be worth a spot.

Bioshift means I'll need blue mana which means I have access to counter spells and card draws, and bounce spells, but should I use those, or keep the deck focused on pushing through damage with Aqueous Form , Cloudfin Raptor and Mizzium Skin ?

The blue half of Give//Take could help me draw for answers if I can't counter removal.

Does this sound like a normal white weenies deck with a splash of blue? Maybe I should fill it with Soldier of the Pantheon and other white 1/2 drops?

Or maybe, since Bioshift is also green, I could go green instead and gain some trample effects and Fleecemane Lion. I bet he'd like those counters just as well.

Mouth Ze Dong fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 7, 2013

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mezzanon posted:

And here is the Dimir control deck that I made for the GPT yesterday. I built a pile of jank that did significantly better than I thought it would (I missed top 8 just barely due to tie breaks :( ) I built it, played 2.5 test games, and then was in a GPT! :haw:

Ashiok Control:

I would love to hear feedback and suggestions on tweaks/improvements for this deck!

Deck: Dimir

//Lands
6 Island
10 Swamp
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Watery Grave

//Spells
4 Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
2 Doom Blade
3 Far // Away //
2 Hero's Downfall
4 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
4 Desecration Demon
4 Lifebane Zombie
2 Nighthowler
3 Thrill-Kill Assassin
4 Tormented Hero
4 Woodlot Crawler

//Sideboard
2 Nightveil Specter
1 Nighthowler
2 Doom Blade
1 Hero's Downfall
3 Negate
4 Pharika's Cure
2 Duress
Display deck statistics

Here's what I'm working with. I'm so tempted to add white mana for access to detention spheres and revelation, but I want to stay true to two colors.
I have not had the opportunity to run it at FNM but I've played it against my boyfriend with some random deck types. The deck NEEDS card draw of some kind, you quickly run out of removal against a weenie type deck. I feel like tormented hero is not doing anything, omenspeaker is probably better.

I wonder if there's anything to an Agent of the Fates and Far//Away or Disperse interaction.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

End of Life Guy posted:

So, I found a way to put 9 +1/+1 counters on Fabled Hero turn 4, and I want to throw other things at this and call it a deck.

Here's the Magical Christmasland combo:
t1: Plains
t2: Plains, Phalanx Leader
t3: Island, Fabled Hero
t4: Island, Phalanx Leader, Bioshift (targets both Phalanx Leaders) , Bioshift (target Phalanx leader you moved counters to and Fabled Hero)

I feel like I came up with half of an idea and can't quite implement it.
How do I turn this into a deck?
I think it's similar to Izzet Blitz, but it needs more cards to work, and the Fabled Hero isn't unblockable, but his buffs aren't temporary either, so if he's chumped on t4, he'll still need to be answered on t5.

I have two Elspeth, Sun's Champion and two Archangel of Thune that I think could make a good fit.
I also have a few Path of Bravery that could be worth a spot.

Bioshift means I'll need blue mana which means I have access to counter spells and card draws, and bounce spells, but should I use those, or keep the deck focused on pushing through damage with Aqueous Form , Cloudfin Raptor and Mizzium Skin ?

The blue half of Give//Take could help me draw for answers if I can't counter removal.

Does this sound like a normal white weenies deck with a splash of blue? Maybe I should fill it with Soldier of the Pantheon and other white 1/2 drops?

Or maybe, since Bioshift is also green, I could go green instead and gain some trample effects and Fleecemane Lion. I bet he'd like those counters just as well.

I've been tooling around with a Fabled Hero deck that just pumps him and makes him swing for 10+. And it is super easy to make him unblockable. Just run 4 x Gods Willing and 4 x Brave the Elements. Pro-whatever color your opponent's creature are. Blam!

Mine is a White/Red variant though and runs 4 x Titan's Strength, 4 x Swift Justice (yay lifelink), 4 x Boros Charm (for even more defense and double strike on non-Fabled Heroes), and 2 x Coordinated Assault.

I'm still working on the creature curve, though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

kzin602 posted:

The deck NEEDS card draw of some kind, you quickly run out of removal against a weenie type deck. I feel like tormented hero is not doing anything, omenspeaker is probably better.

I wonder if there's anything to an Agent of the Fates and Far//Away or Disperse interaction.

Read the Bones?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Ajani, Caller of the Pride, while not triggering Heroic, is really potent for strategies that involve sending a single fattie to dome the opponent.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Zoness posted:

Ajani, Caller of the Pride, while not triggering Heroic, is really potent for strategies that involve sending a single fattie to dome the opponent.

Yeah...I guess I should consider him. Though, in a perfect world, you'd just need 2 x Titan's Strength on an empty field or 2 x Titan's Strength + Gods Willing or Brave the Elements when they have blockers.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Hey guys, I've got time AND money to kill. Is RDW viable in standard right now? I'm looking at some lists and the only thing stopping me is buying both four Mutavaults and four Boros Reckoners.

Specifically this one looks close to what I'm going for: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=59717

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

crime fighting hog posted:

Hey guys, I've got time AND money to kill. Is RDW viable in standard right now? I'm looking at some lists and the only thing stopping me is buying both four Mutavaults and four Boros Reckoners.

Specifically this one looks close to what I'm going for: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=59717

I don't know about a full playset of mutavaults, I never really felt like a mutavault would have been a massive boost to a deck, just a 'Nice thing to have' but Boros Reckoner almost always a 4 of if I'm running White or Red aggro or midrange.

AlternateNu posted:

Read the Bones?

I should probably just replace the 4x Tormented Hero with 4x Lookadat Bone.

When you have an Ashiok and multiple Nightveil Specters on the board you end up with a lot of exile piles, it's actually kind of funny.

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 7, 2013

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
A few questions for those running MURDERGOATS: Why Dreadbore over Hero's Downfall? Is hitting t2 Domri very important, or is the deck playing enough of a tapout game that instant speed doesn't matter? Also, why no doom blade? Being able to dome your opponent too important, or are they unnecessary because of Dreadbores?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

A few questions for those running MURDERGOATS: Why Dreadbore over Hero's Downfall? Is hitting t2 Domri very important, or is the deck playing enough of a tapout game that instant speed doesn't matter? Also, why no doom blade? Being able to dome your opponent too important, or are they unnecessary because of Dreadbores?

I found that they hit the curve better at 2 than doing nothing on turn 3 other than dropping a land. Plus cheaper spells = more mana = more spells = more tokens = happy fun times.

Doom Blade is a good sideboard option; my local metal is obsessed with Obzedat so Dark Betrayal took priority.

Soothing Cacophony
Sep 29, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

I've been tooling around with a Fabled Hero deck that just pumps him and makes him swing for 10+. And it is super easy to make him unblockable. Just run 4 x Gods Willing and 4 x Brave the Elements. Pro-whatever color your opponent's creature are. Blam!

Mine is a White/Red variant though and runs 4 x Titan's Strength, 4 x Swift Justice (yay lifelink), 4 x Boros Charm (for even more defense and double strike on non-Fabled Heroes), and 2 x Coordinated Assault.

I'm still working on the creature curve, though.

I posted my WR Heroic aggro deck earlier and ended up subbing out the Lightning Strikes for another Coordinated Assault and Madcap Skills. It's more focused on 1-2 drops with Heroic than on Fabled Hero itself, but Madcap Skills works really well with Heroic I'm finding, giving you pseudo-evasion, and makes your Gods Willings insane if they try to double block your pants'd up dude. I'm not totally sold on Brave the Elements though. It's a crazy good card, but I always feel like I should be running another Heroic trigger. That, plus the fact that I'm running Firefist Strikers that it doesn't hit, makes me a little wary on it.

Still the Heroic deck is crazy fun. Maybe not Tier 1 since getting your beefed up dude Azorius Charmed loving sucks, but drat if it doesn't feel good to swing with a 3/2 Anax and Cymede and end up actually hitting for 20 when they think they're safe to take a hit.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

It might not look like it without playing it, but it's a really mana-intensive deck. I regularly got to 10+ available mana and still found myself wanting more between the Murder King's abilities, Trading Posts, and just casting things. I like the idea of splitting between Dreadbores and Downfalls. I think I'm going with 2/1 main and an extra Dreadbore on the side right now. I might switch the 3rd Dreadbore with the Downfall and another Downfall side though. The main thing is haste and Obzedat aside, there's not a huge difference. Once the Walker or creature hits play, it's doing it's whether you hit it with a Downfall or not, and once the deck gets going, a lot of what MURDERGOATS! does will be EOT at instant speed anyway, so it might actually hurt you having the Downfall when you could use that 3rd mana to make or sac another guy.

As far as Doom Blades, I'm pretty sure he added Doom Blades to MURDERGOATS! v2, and I had a few in there in place of the 4th Murder King and something else when I played.

Captain Filth
May 7, 2007
In the main thread someone mentioned something about a Prime Speaker BUG deck that might have done well at a recent event, looked like it might have also been running Prognostic Sphinx does anyone have any info on this deck cause it sounds pretty cool but I can't seem to find any info on it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Soothing Cacophony posted:

I posted my WR Heroic aggro deck earlier and ended up subbing out the Lightning Strikes for another Coordinated Assault and Madcap Skills. It's more focused on 1-2 drops with Heroic than on Fabled Hero itself, but Madcap Skills works really well with Heroic I'm finding, giving you pseudo-evasion, and makes your Gods Willings insane if they try to double block your pants'd up dude. I'm not totally sold on Brave the Elements though. It's a crazy good card, but I always feel like I should be running another Heroic trigger. That, plus the fact that I'm running Firefist Strikers that it doesn't hit, makes me a little wary on it.

Still the Heroic deck is crazy fun. Maybe not Tier 1 since getting your beefed up dude Azorius Charmed loving sucks, but drat if it doesn't feel good to swing with a 3/2 Anax and Cymede and end up actually hitting for 20 when they think they're safe to take a hit.

Yeah. It is one of those decks where you can't go all in unless your opponent is tapped out or you have a GW or BtE in hand. I like Madcap Skills, too, but I'm sticking with 1 mana boosts, only. You really want to win by turn 5 or (maybe) 6, and you really have to squeeze each boost/counter you can with the little mana you have. That is why I'm only running 2 x Coordinated Assaults because even though it is 2 creatures, unless you're targeting a Phalanx Leader, you will only get +1 with the heroic trigger for Fabled. The first strike is completely redundant. This is in comparison to Swift Justice where SJ is on primary color and gives you lifelink at least.

I'm considering running Dragon Mantel just because a 1 mana cantrip that triggers heroic is nice even at sorcery speed. And it is a good place to dump extra red mana.

Edit: What do you guys think about Messenger's Speed? (Just like...1 or 2 in the deck.) It is a great way to catch your opponent off guard on turn 5. Say you're going against Esper or UW control. They Supreme Verdict you on turn 4 (as they are want to do). So, they're tapped out. Turn 5 you drop Fabled Hero, throw on Messenger's Speed, and pump him with a Titan's Strength. That's 14 they didn't see coming.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 8, 2013

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

kzin602 posted:

I don't know about a full playset of mutavaults, I never really felt like a mutavault would have been a massive boost to a deck, just a 'Nice thing to have' but Boros Reckoner almost always a 4 of if I'm running White or Red aggro or midrange.

Mutavault is surprisingly bad in mono-red, actually. Having it instead of a mountain means you can't play turn 2 BTE or Zealot, or turn 3 Reckoner.

You probably don't want four, but two or three can be alright just to have an immediate threat after a board wipe. Treat them more like spells that take your land drop than actual lands.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I tinkered with the MURDERGOATS.dec list here, essentially taking Mazz's list and removing the Slaughter Games in favor of Doom Blades and re-doing the Sideboard, going for a build that is heavier on removal to deal with the Aggro matchup that the deck suffers against, and is built to completely gently caress with the Control matchup in game two. :getin:

8 1cc discard effects are probably a bit much, though.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
That Maze's End fog deck that was posted a few days ago, is there any way to run it with 3 Supreme Verdicts instead of 4?I'm having trouble finding a 4th one locally, and that's the last card I need.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

kizudarake posted:

That Maze's End fog deck that was posted a few days ago, is there any way to run it with 3 Supreme Verdicts instead of 4?I'm having trouble finding a 4th one locally, and that's the last card I need.

Add another sweeper or fog effect in its place and the deck won't be hurt substantially. You basically rely on hitting a fog or sweeper every turn in a lot of matchups, so running aetherize instead of verdict doesn't affect things that much.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

I'm tooling with murdergoats on MODO right now and ran into a lurker who's seen all the work on the deck. It took him a while to realize that I was from here, but once I said I ran the deckbuilding thread he said he hopes the deck takes off.

Edit: Doesn't help that I was off black for almost the entire game.

My online build is missing Magma Jet because I can't find any of them.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 8, 2013

RiceBurrito
Jan 4, 2004
Brother of RiceTaco

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I'm tooling with murdergoats on MODO right now and ran into a lurker who's seen all the work on the deck. It took him a while to realize that I was from here, but once I said I ran the deckbuilding thread he said he hopes the deck takes off.

Ya I was the dude facing Murder Goats and only realized it after he took out the trading post. Game significantly slows down and the goats come flying at your face from the murder king. It should do well but I stacked up on some life before the goat throwing started commencing.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

I think you were at 38 or 40 by the time I finally got to do things. I was streaming my play session so I have a recording of all the games from tonight.

Not long before I played you, I had someone just raging on me hilariously. Was muttering some stuff about, "anyone can build that deck" while he was running like 65 cards. I think I responded something along the lines of, "anyone can build any deck anytime," or some poo poo like that. He rage quit when I Slaughter Gamesed him two turns in a row.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I think you were at 38 or 40 by the time I finally got to do things. I was streaming my play session so I have a recording of all the games from tonight.

Not long before I played you, I had someone just raging on me hilariously. Was muttering some stuff about, "anyone can build that deck" while he was running like 65 cards. I think I responded something along the lines of, "anyone can build any deck anytime," or some poo poo like that. He rage quit when I Slaughter Gamesed him two turns in a row.

Would you mind linking to your Twitch(?) account? I'd love to see how the deck runs on MODO.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Mezzanon posted:

Talkin' bout Ashiok

I'm up in the air between building Esper Control, Murdergoats, or Maze's End (where was that Turbo-Fog list at?) next week to bring with me to the GP, but I'm also really liking this Ashiok deck- sorry for asking so many questions about it! I like the added consistency of only running two colours (and not having to buy much more than I already have).

Modern

I also came across this Modern deck in the MTGO results last week, and it piqued my interest. I proxy tested against a friend's UWR Control deck the other day, went 1-1, with the loss coming from a premature scoop after miscounting damage. Didn't have time to play more, but it looks entertaining enough. Has anyone else seen this deck before or have any ideas for tweaking it? Geist is always nice when he comes down, but I love the fact theres 4x Zur in the deck with some nice enchantment toolbox options in the sideboard. Kind of fragile and taped together, but its been fun so far.

Deck: Untitled Deck

//Main
3 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Eiganjo Castle
1 Godless Shrine
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Snow-Covered Island
4 Marsh Flats
2 Misty Rainforest
1 Snow-Covered Plains
2 River of Tears
4 Seachrome Coast
1 Snow-Covered Swamp
1 Watery Grave
4 Geist of Saint Traft
4 Meddling Mage
2 Snapcaster Mage
3 Vendilion Clique
4 Zur the Enchanter
2 Detention Sphere
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Path to Exile
4 Remand
2 Steel of the Godhead
4 Thoughtseize

//Sideboard
1 Illness in the Ranks
2 Negate
2 Rest in Peace
1 Rule of Law
4 Spreading Seas
2 Stony Silence
3 Threads of Disloyalty

Display deck statistics.

Gravy Train Robber fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiceBurrito
Jan 4, 2004
Brother of RiceTaco

YeehawMcKickass posted:

It was one of my first games trying out a heroic based deck so I'm pretty sure I piloted it like crap. I was actually hoping for one of my Phalanx Leaders to be drawn and buff the crap out of the creatures.

It would be neat to see the video if you can post it later to see reactions from other players facing MURDER GOATS

RiceBurrito fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 8, 2013

• Locked thread