Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I briefly thought about spending :10bux: on the most awful secret santa gag gift, but then realized it would forever be attached to my publicly viewable backer history. Meanwhile, in crazy land:

quote:

centerpiece new home

Look tradition/games,toys &hobbies on e-bay.

Same price, wish I could of had a week of kickstarter

sales, to help pick a makeable goal. I learned, maybe I can

market my Art. Its realy a Fun game. Feed-back on new site

should back this claim up. Thank you all

I think he's pulling the plug on Centerpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

moths posted:

I briefly thought about spending :10bux: on the most awful secret santa gag gift, but then realized it would forever be attached to my publicly viewable backer history. Meanwhile, in crazy land:

I think he's pulling the plug on Centerpiece.

This has to be a joke.

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Whadda ya MEAN ya never heard of Dan Brereton?

Covok posted:

So, Robotic Age is in its last 66 hours. It's got less than 1,000 dollars to go. Might make its goal.

I've got my fingers crossed. I've sunk $125 in to this game and who knows how many hours in to the playtest. I think I might have a problem guys.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Bieeardo posted:

"The delicious mistress and her jealous owner." There aren't enough WTFs for that godawful thing.

It's a bit late to report it to Kickstarter, but I did anyway, because seriously ugh. :(

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Direwolf posted:

This has to be a joke.

Don't say that until you watch the video clip.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Update #4 Oct 6, 2013 posted:

please try again

One game-box sold and took down the site. The fix was to add

seventy-five in the correct box. Once at e-bay, look in tradition games,

toys & hobbies CENTERPIECE. I'm learning as I go forward

Very sorry any time wasted. Dan

So he's moved CENTERPIECE to eBay to sell off what he's gotten made. A sad ending for this piece of outsider gaming art.

It's also Last day for Winter War!
They've hit all their stretch goals, which means either platoon comes with a ton of stuff and now an aerosan.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

moths posted:

So he's moved CENTERPIECE to eBay to sell off what he's gotten made. A sad ending for this piece of outsider gaming art.

It's also Last day for Winter War!
They've hit all their stretch goals, which means either platoon comes with a ton of stuff and now an aerosan.

Someone in the US please buy centerpiece and report back.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised this game hasn't shown up here yet (or at least I somehow missed it while looking back on the thread), but here goes:

The game is 404: Law Not Found. It's a game about crazy robot shenanigans on a spaceship.

Basically all players play robots whose Asimovian laws were scrambled by a recent software/hardware upgrade, so instead of the 3 Laws they each get a different set of 3 directives such as

Destroy Breathing - Destroy all the space suits

Improvise War - Launch a space-suited human at an enemy spaceship

Hide Feeding - Have the monkey (yes there's a monkey) eat a banana in a room with nobody to see it

The game is a programming game, so you give your robots commands out of a selection each round and then hope they follow them up without being set off course by the other players' actions. The humans and monkey each perform different actions based on a flow-chart.

The game goes either for 10 rounds (each round is a random event, like an attacking spaceship or an incoming meteor) or until one player manages to complete all three of their directives.

The KS has reached a stretch-goal which adds anomalies, which change up the way your robot acts for the duration of one event. For instance one anomaly makes it so the last command you give your robot will actually be carried out by the robot of the player to your left.

I only heard about the game last Wednesday, and it already has less than 3 days to go. They're nearing the 20,000 Euro stretch-goal which will add all the extra power chips (special powers for your robot) plus player aids to keep your directives and inventory organized. If they somehow get to 25k they'll add an extra ship layout (the doughnut-station).

The reason I like this game's concept is that it's really similar to a boardgame version of Space Station 13 in my eyes. I was just looking at tabletop projects on KS for fun, not even really thinking of actually backing anything when I found it, but the concept just really grabbed me.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, Accursed is in its final week and we're hitting more stretch goals. Tine for the last big push.
Final Week Update

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, Accursed is in its final week and we're hitting more stretch goals. Tine for the last big push.
Final Week Update

Excited about this! I was telling ~MY GIRLFRIEND~ about this and when I said "all the players are monster" she misheard it as "all the players are lobsters" what I am getting at is crustacean-themed stretch goal?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Well, I mean, lobstermen are not out of the question. That's what sourcebooks are for!

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I don't think I saw anyone bring this up but Defiance Games has some pretty kicking power armor going for their kickstarter. 8 suits in a basic box doesn't seem like a bad deal though I'm curious on the quality since it's spun plastic. On it's last 3 days and well past funded.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It's been semi-confirmed that Judge Dredd figures are an upcoming stretch goal in Mantic's Mars Attacks kickstarter. :woop: The most recent update has a silhouette of the Martian in a Judge's uniform on the cover of MAJD #2.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I don't think I saw anyone bring this up but Defiance Games has some pretty kicking power armor going for their kickstarter. 8 suits in a basic box doesn't seem like a bad deal though I'm curious on the quality since it's spun plastic. On it's last 3 days and well past funded.

Are there any scale pics to compare it to Infinity or at least 40k? They look good, and the cost is great, but if I can't use them I don't think I'd bother.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I haven't seen any scale pics, but they say on the KS page "The Hardsuits will be the size equivalent to a Games Workshop Space Marine Terminator."

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Jedit posted:

It's been semi-confirmed that Judge Dredd figures are an upcoming stretch goal in Mantic's Mars Attacks kickstarter. :woop: The most recent update has a silhouette of the Martian in a Judge's uniform on the cover of MAJD #2.

Thats crazy, I'm sure there's a minis company with the rights to dredd. I have seen them in my LGS.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

I haven't seen any scale pics, but they say on the KS page "The Hardsuits will be the size equivalent to a Games Workshop Space Marine Terminator."

Too bad. I need TAGs not faux-terminators.

Phoon posted:

Thats crazy, I'm sure there's a minis company with the rights to dredd. I have seen them in my LGS.

It's either authorized or it is covered by "fair use" as a parody. This is the image they will be basing the mini on.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 7, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Phoon posted:

IDW has the US comics rights for both Dredd and Mars Attacks. It seems unlikely, but we could get a Never Say Never Again situation out of this.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Well now I just think Mantic should get the Dredd license and release another Deadzone variant with it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

IDW has the US comics rights for both Dredd and Mars Attacks. It seems unlikely, but we could get a Never Say Never Again situation out of this.

It'd be a one-shot licence, possibly a Kickstarter exclusive, and Mantic don't have the rights to make a straight up Dredd minis game.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Mongoose has the rights for producing Judge Dredd miniatures. In fact they held a kickstarter for a supplement and some new minis last year.

I'm not sure about Mantic's crossover mini, whether they actually have the rights or not, or if they even need them since they already have Mars Attacks. I know some kickstarters for minis do the whole copyright infringement parody sculpts thing all the time, but have Mantic ever done this before?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

Mongoose has the rights for producing Judge Dredd miniatures. In fact they held a kickstarter for a supplement and some new minis last year.

I'm not sure about Mantic's crossover mini, whether they actually have the rights or not, or if they even need them since they already have Mars Attacks. I know some kickstarters for minis do the whole copyright infringement parody sculpts thing all the time, but have Mantic ever done this before?

Not as such. I don't think they'd be doing it if they didn't have the rights, though.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah the only overlap here is due to the IDW crossover. Which brings up the prospect of other IDW licensed properties like Ghostbusters, GI Joe, Thundercats, or the Transformers.

It would be like those Firefly crew figures only legal.

More likely you just get the dredd comic or something. Those other properties heave big bad corporate ownership behind them.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

I have a set of their Marines and the casting is nice and crisp. Was tempted by the KS but the stretch goals only kick in at high levels. Wish them luck, but I think I'll sit this one out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Games Workshop has also been quietly making "Adeptus Arbites" miniatures for decades, and they're pretty much just Judge Dredd with a different name.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Mehuyael posted:

I'm surprised this game hasn't shown up here yet (or at least I somehow missed it while looking back on the thread), but here goes:

The game is 404: Law Not Found. It's a game about crazy robot shenanigans on a spaceship.

Basically all players play robots whose Asimovian laws were scrambled by a recent software/hardware upgrade, so instead of the 3 Laws they each get a different set of 3 directives such as

Destroy Breathing - Destroy all the space suits

Improvise War - Launch a space-suited human at an enemy spaceship

Hide Feeding - Have the monkey (yes there's a monkey) eat a banana in a room with nobody to see it

The game is a programming game, so you give your robots commands out of a selection each round and then hope they follow them up without being set off course by the other players' actions. The humans and monkey each perform different actions based on a flow-chart.

The game goes either for 10 rounds (each round is a random event, like an attacking spaceship or an incoming meteor) or until one player manages to complete all three of their directives.

The KS has reached a stretch-goal which adds anomalies, which change up the way your robot acts for the duration of one event. For instance one anomaly makes it so the last command you give your robot will actually be carried out by the robot of the player to your left.

I only heard about the game last Wednesday, and it already has less than 3 days to go. They're nearing the 20,000 Euro stretch-goal which will add all the extra power chips (special powers for your robot) plus player aids to keep your directives and inventory organized. If they somehow get to 25k they'll add an extra ship layout (the doughnut-station).

The reason I like this game's concept is that it's really similar to a boardgame version of Space Station 13 in my eyes. I was just looking at tabletop projects on KS for fun, not even really thinking of actually backing anything when I found it, but the concept just really grabbed me.

Thanks for posting this, it sounds amazing. I have backed this and look forward to doofy robot shenanigans.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I threw in £5 for the print and play version of 404; because I can't pass up any game that involves robot/monkey shenanigans

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Want to be in on 404, but dont want to pay half the game cost again for shipping. Had a talk with the creator about it though, nice guy, explained why he couldnt do to how its being distributed.

Hopefully I can get a copy from retail

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I wouldn't pledge/pre-order anything done by Defiance games. Buy if and when you find them in stores.

This is their highly optimistic take on 2012 schedule:

First two were delayed for months, while pre-orders were rolling in, Third looks surprisingly similar to the Kickstarter material.

Guy who founded the Defiance games, is the same guy that founded the Wargames Foundry (notorious for delays) & lost it to his Chinese funders.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Kickstarter for Amethyst - Fantasy & Technology Collide has started.

quote:

Which side will you choose? Which weapons will you wield? Venture into lands once claimed by skyscrapers and factories, now overrun by elves, goblins, and dragons. Ride gracefully on horseback or plow through the wilderness in an armored transport.

Earth is torn between the order of science and the chaos of fantasy. The realm of magic has invaded our world, forcing man into the last few bastions of technology. These two worlds cannot mix. Will you embrace the wonder of legends and myths or accept the reality of refrigerators and washing machines?

For 500 years the planet was locked in stalemate, but no more. The Stones of Amethyst have risen. When brought together, they could decide the future of the planet, cast off the remaining shred of technology, or close off the world of magic forever. Choose your path and commit to the quest. Monsters will hunt you; machines will track you. No gods will help you; no prophecies will choose you. The fate of the world rests with you.

They're doing 4e and Pathfinder versions, and are "negotiating" D&D Next, Savage Worlds, and Fate Core versions as well (which is odd, because Fate is OGL and from what I understand getting a SW licence boils down to "just ask Shane if it's cool").

I remember the original Amethyst 4e rules having some worrying problems; any tech character had to be human, meaning they got an extra at-will, and every class had access to a Twin Shot at-will. The level 37-ish daily stance that let you reload a gun as a free action once per combat. I remember there was an infinite gunning combo too, but I don't remember the details on that one.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

They're doing 4e and Pathfinder versions, and are "negotiating" D&D Next, Savage Worlds, and Fate Core versions as well (which is odd, because Fate is OGL and from what I understand getting a SW licence boils down to "just ask Shane if it's cool").

There are guidelines to a Savage Worlds license. IIRC, one of the big rules is that you're not allowed to do a "dual-system" book, for example, or so I've been told by a licensee, which is an issue for folks doing multi-system material. You do have to do an initial submission, though, just to demonstrate you're actually putting out a decent, professional product, though you just have to follow the guidelines once you have the license. I imagine that might be waived somewhat if you're already well-known enough in RPGland.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Amethyst 4e was terrible in that the designers knew nothing of the system balance or mechanics and shoe horned a lot of broken stuff in. The setting was also very uninspired. I would definitely stay away, they have no clue what they're doing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I imagine that might be waived somewhat if you're already well-known enough in RPGland.
Ah, that might be why I remember seeing people say getting a SW licence is easy, then.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

jammu posted:

Guy who founded the Defiance games, is the same guy that founded the Wargames Foundry (notorious for delays) & lost it to his Chinese funders.
Technically speaking he's not in charge of Defiance games anymore either.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 8, 2013

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

MadScientistWorking posted:

Technically speaking he's not in charge of Defiance games anymore either.

Hopefully that improves the Reliability of the company. Still I wouldn't risk my money pre-ordering from until they have few projects published on time.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

There are guidelines to a Savage Worlds license. IIRC, one of the big rules is that you're not allowed to do a "dual-system" book, for example, or so I've been told by a licensee, which is an issue for folks doing multi-system material. You do have to do an initial submission, though, just to demonstrate you're actually putting out a decent, professional product, though you just have to follow the guidelines once you have the license. I imagine that might be waived somewhat if you're already well-known enough in RPGland.

We had to submit a four or five page sample for Accursed, and Shane knows all three of us relatively well both professionally and personally. The sample had to be laid out and have graphic design and art and the whole shebang. As for "dual-system", do you mean two systems in the same book? Because we're offering a Pathfinder conversion as a stretch goal and Shane was totally cool with that.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that write-up for Amethyst makes me want to go outside and lie in front of a steamroller to make the hurting stop.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bieeardo posted:

Holy poo poo, that write-up for Amethyst makes me want to go outside and lie in front of a steamroller to make the hurting stop.
I have the original 4e PDF even though I haven't looked at it in ages; Amethyst isn't so much a single, complete setting as two settings sitting next to each other on the bus. Think Shadowrun, but without any integration between the magic and the tech.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The part of me that still tries to find the good in people wants to think something like Arcanum, though that was a mess in and of itself. The rest of me is remembering way too many awful magic vs. science novels over the years, and the people for whom they were a ray of hope in a world that didn't ~understand~ them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

We had to submit a four or five page sample for Accursed, and Shane knows all three of us relatively well both professionally and personally. The sample had to be laid out and have graphic design and art and the whole shebang. As for "dual-system", do you mean two systems in the same book? Because we're offering a Pathfinder conversion as a stretch goal and Shane was totally cool with that.

Huh! Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. When I talked to Andy Hopp about conversions for Low Life, he said that when he finishes the new edition, he basically couldn't publish Savage Worlds and Pathfinder in the same tome, it'd have to be two different books. Maybe things have changed since the earlier days of Savage Worlds, Low Life came out much earlier. :raise:

• Locked thread