Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Grats on hitting 60! I'm getting light surgery done today so it's iffy if I'll be online later, but I sure as hell will be tomorrow.

Board meeting tonight, so if I'm on, it will be later (like 4 hours from now).

I'll try to catch up and figure out what the hell this stuff you are talking about is later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

After giving up on this game a few weeks before the first major patch, I haven't really followed its development, did they balance PvP a bit more and/or added a matchmaking system with rating yet?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Kinda, and no.

Many skills have been reworked for several classes since then with PvP balance in mind, but, who can say it is better now or not?

And no ranking. At 60 you PvP with gods and shitlords. At the same time.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Aramek posted:

Kinda, and no.

Many skills have been reworked for several classes since then with PvP balance in mind, but, who can say it is better now or not?

And no ranking. At 60 you PvP with gods and shitlords. At the same time.

Ah ok, just like at the start. Even goon premades were able to stomp pubbies 9 out of 10 times, so I'd say it's mostly shitlords. :v:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Semisponge posted:

Once again GFs GWFs get the coolest looking weapons. :mad:
Fixed that for you.

The patch looks drat awesome. I'll be online for T1 or T2s tonight if any goons want to try running some!

Left: GF, bottom left: CW, top left/center: TR, bottom right/center: DC, right: GWF

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 3, 2013

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
The patch this morning didn't end up being overwhelming except that there is a new Call to Arms event (all-levels skirmish), this time for the Helm's Hold one. Which IIRC was a bitch to do at level so it might be pretty exciting at level 60.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Semisponge posted:

The patch this morning didn't end up being overwhelming except that there is a new Call to Arms event (all-levels skirmish), this time for the Helm's Hold one. Which IIRC was a bitch to do at level so it might be pretty exciting at level 60.

If it's the one I am thinking of, it wasn't too rough at all. The only two lovely skirmishes (for me) were Garrundar the Vile (pirate's stronghold, because of the healing adds) and Battle for the Bridge (mount hotenow, because cryptic turned it up to 11 and doesn't know how to balance for poo poo).

Oh, and the owlbears are BOP. Enclave chat is unhappy with this design change.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Woo! Dwemer poo poo! :toot:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

The skirmish is a complete disappointment. It's incredibly easy and takes maybe 10 minutes to power through. The end chest dropped my transmute item the first run, and the subsequent 3 runs I got the companion, which is a terrible green striker. I got 2 rank 5 versions of the new enchantment and 10-15 each of the lv 1 and 2 varieties. That's literally all there is to the skirmish. Run it for enchantments if you want, which will provide a very marginal extra amount of stats (maybe 10 points more to each of the 2 offense/defense if you socked it in all your armor).

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I have terrible luck and will probably never get the weapon or the companion :smith:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I don't think much else drops. I'm pretty sure you will get one or the other no matter what. Otherwise, I've got a lot of companions to give away.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I quit this game right about the time the economy got nuked from orbit because of the negative value buyout glitch. Since then, has it become fun? Would it be worth it to load up my old cleric and screw around with this event?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

WebDO posted:

So I quit this game right about the time the economy got nuked from orbit because of the negative value buyout glitch. Since then, has it become fun? Would it be worth it to load up my old cleric and screw around with this event?
The event has ten minutes of fun new content. Don't come back just for it. That being said, I had fun leveling with a friend and now trying to do endgame stuff (what little there is). It's free, so you may as well come and see how it feels. F2P is the way to go!

Looks like the owlbear is supposed to be BOE after all and will be updated in a patch.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 3, 2013

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Install some mandatory bloatware just to see if your game is less terrible you say, Perfect World? No thanks.

Is there a way to download without this arc nonsense they are trying to push?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

WebDO posted:

Install some mandatory bloatware just to see if your game is less terrible you say, Perfect World? No thanks.

Is there a way to download without this arc nonsense they are trying to push?
You should be able to get the installer directly here and it'll be good. I don't have arc installed, but I don't remember exactly how I got the game running. I'm pretty sure that's right.

Good luck!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Richard M Nixon posted:

You should be able to get the installer directly here and it'll be good. I don't have arc installed, but I don't remember exactly how I got the game running. I'm pretty sure that's right.

Good luck!

Thanks dude, that seemingly worked. Looking through the forums via Google made it look like A) Arc is being aggressively pushed and you couldn't legitimately get the .exe directly from the NW site and B) that Arc doesn't actually work.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

WebDO posted:

Thanks dude, that seemingly worked. Looking through the forums via Google made it look like A) Arc is being aggressively pushed and you couldn't legitimately get the .exe directly from the NW site and B) that Arc doesn't actually work.

Indeed, being a noob, I had no idea that I didn't need to use that Arc thingy. It's now gone!

Unfortunately, the launcher is apparently too stupid to recognize that the game is already installed, and wants to completely repatch the entire 8gb. Oh well.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 5, 2013

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
What time are you guys usually on? I've been playing this for a couple of days and it's pretty fun~

Gravity Works
Aug 7, 2006

Break everything you love.
I only get to play on weekends like 7 eastern time. I always try to shout things into the guild channel when i get on.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I played with some goons and gave them all my gold. You're welcome goons.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I talked with someone in chat for a while last night. They were taking a study break to play. Too bad you couldn't hang around longer, low level goon.

I'm on sporadically most weeknights after 6PM central, and a lot more on the weekends.

C'mon, server merger!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I just picked this up this past week; this skirmish thing they've got going over the weekend got me rolling a second character 'cause I thought the rogue tiefling weapons looked neat.

Just how rare are they supposed to be? Kinda wanting to slam my dick in a drawer now.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Trebuchet King posted:

Just how rare are they supposed to be? Kinda wanting to slam my dick in a drawer now.

I've done 5 runs now. Guess how many dye packs I have?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I think I'm over ten runs now. The last one I disconnected during the Pit Lord fight, and when I got back in it was dead, the rest of the party was gone, and I couldn't even open the chest.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
After like 20 runs, I finally got the High Vizer cap from epic spellplague. :toot:

I don't even care if it's nerfed to hell in the next patch, I'm just thrilled to be done with it.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Semisponge posted:

I played with some goons and gave them all my gold. You're welcome goons.

Richard M Nixon posted:

I talked with someone in chat for a while last night. They were taking a study break to play. Too bad you couldn't hang around longer, low level goon.

I'm on sporadically most weeknights after 6PM central, and a lot more on the weekends.

C'mon, server merger!

Sup. Grandma hooked me (and another new goon) up. I took another study break (read: didn't sleep because of too much caffeine) and got my ghost. I am also the proud owner of 21 die packs. I don't want to tell you how many runs it took, nor explain how jealous I was that the other new goon got his ghost on run #2.

:suicide:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

^^gently caress you.

I'm the owner of something like 11 dye packs, and nothing else, as I just didn't have that much time this weekend. I did manage a couple PvP runs with Grandma and Missy, thanks for those, it was enlightening and reinforces the fact that I am terrible at clicking buttons in MMO's.

Still have no purples - two Cloak Tower runs during the dungeon delve hour gave me zero upgrades on my existing level 60 blues. Welp.

Started Sharandar (or whatever it is) dailies. Planted the first tree thing for the campaign, went to do the 2nd one of three required after the 2nd day of doing the dailies, and I have the 3 seeds, but not the 10 sparks or whatever, and I have no clue where they come from. Oh well.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
You get sparks from collecting 3 Feydark Crystals, and going to the pool in the first area, then speaking to the NPC nearby. You also get 50 for clearing the Arcane Sanctuary, and 10 (+10 Crescents) for exchanging Illefarn Relic Fragments from lockboxes.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

The Locator posted:

^^gently caress you.

I'm the owner of something like 11 dye packs, and nothing else, as I just didn't have that much time this weekend. I did manage a couple PvP runs with Grandma and Missy, thanks for those, it was enlightening and reinforces the fact that I am terrible at clicking buttons in MMO's.

Still have no purples - two Cloak Tower runs during the dungeon delve hour gave me zero upgrades on my existing level 60 blues. Welp.

Started Sharandar (or whatever it is) dailies. Planted the first tree thing for the campaign, went to do the 2nd one of three required after the 2nd day of doing the dailies, and I have the 3 seeds, but not the 10 sparks or whatever, and I have no clue where they come from. Oh well.
What the guy above me said. When you first start out you might have less orbs than the other reagents, but after a few days of questing, the area-specific reagents plus the crescents will be the limiting items, not the orbs.

Don't bother unlocking Marlbog's right away. Go for the central line that opens quest areas plus the boons on the right.

PVP will get better, and gauntlgrym will provide for some more fun when it's open. Don't worry about the epics, they'll come. You have about a 50% chance to get one from the chest at the end, so keep trying. Cloak tower always goes fast, and the other T1s seem to fail a whole lot, so don't move on until you've got the shinies from that dungeon. Also, you'll be getting some sweet unicorn seals you can use to upgrade your worst piece of gear.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

:frogsiren:Server merge TONIGHT at 8pm PDT:frogsiren:

I vote that we consolidate all goons into a single guild, if for no other reason than shared banking. Thoughts?

E: Downtime for 6 hours.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 8, 2013

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Pleeeeease be Something Lawful, as it is the superior pun. Either way, this is very unexpected this is happening so soon, and I am awfully excited.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

:frogsiren:Server merge TONIGHT at 8pm PDT:frogsiren:

I vote that we consolidate all goons into a single guild, if for no other reason than shared banking. Thoughts?

E: Downtime for 6 hours.

Not sure why they would do this in prime time, but whatever I guess. Hopefully the queues will pop in a more timely fashion after this. Last night I queued for Cloak Tower near the beginning of dungeon delve hour, and at the end of the hour I was done with my dailies and still in queue.

Gravity Works
Aug 7, 2006

Break everything you love.

Aramek posted:

Pleeeeease be Something Lawful, as it is the superior pun. Either way, this is very unexpected this is happening so soon, and I am awfully excited.

I agree with this, but maybe we should purge first? or would it be better after?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Gravity Works posted:

I agree with this, but maybe we should purge first? or would it be better after?

A purge would be cool. It looks like almost anyone can kick people from Something Lawful, but there is no way to sort offline members by when they were last online.

Paging PanaceaSA to the change leadership in Something Lawful if you're not playing anymore.

E: Servers are DOWN! I'll see you goons tomorrow. Everyone under one roof.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 9, 2013

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Those fuckers killed the server 30 seconds before the daily finished..

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
As a rebuttal, I'm guildmaster of Terrible Secret. So I dunno. Whatever.

Edit: to clarify, I don't think it matters, beyond giving people access to Gauntlgrym.

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 9, 2013

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

In other news, got Mumble set up for the server from the OP. Had it installed, but for TSW and something else.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Richard M Nixon posted:

A purge would be cool. It looks like almost anyone can kick people from Something Lawful, but there is no way to sort offline members by when they were last online.

Paging PanaceaSA to the change leadership in Something Lawful if you're not playing anymore.

E: Servers are DOWN! I'll see you goons tomorrow. Everyone under one roof.

I only have Founder level in SL, so I can't do much either and without Panacea passing leadership we might have to redo the whole thing.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

I only have Founder level in SL, so I can't do much either and without Panacea passing leadership we might have to redo the whole thing.
I sent him a PM. Maybe we'll get lucky. I like the name more than Terrible Secret, but if we need to move then it sounds like Semisponge will have us covered.

Merger trip report: Enclave is far more populated and there are a lot of nerds RPing in the inn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Richard M Nixon posted:

You can sort the guild roster by offline members using the gateway. It looks like about 300 of the ~500 members haven't been online in 100+ days, and that should make plenty of room for a guild merge.

• Locked thread