Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Officejet Pro
Oct 21, 2009

Commander in Chimp
Hey if anyone on PS3 wants a buddy to do violent ducts with i'll be on most of today grinding a new character since I lost my lvl 30 3 days ago. PSN: Djamba420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Obsurveyor posted:

It's determined by the crew color set on the website. We used to have blue but it was impossible to see it so it was changed to orange and it is the best now that you can see crew members on the map.

I really wish they took a page from SA:MP where you could see where a lot of people were located with a glance, and also see where they are in relation to your elevation. It's sorta annoying to try to figure out where some guy is when he's zooming around in a helicopter at slow speeds.

is sort of what I'm talking about. The grey blips are empty cars.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Officejet Pro posted:

Hey if anyone on PS3 wants a buddy to do violent ducts with i'll be on most of today grinding a new character since I lost my lvl 30 3 days ago. PSN: Djamba420

I'll be sure to invite you when/if that mission pops for me.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If you're in multiple crews, do you see other crew members as outlined with crew colours even if they're not in your 'active' crew? The crews I'm in all seem to be inbred and part of the other crews I'm in so I've never had a chance to test things out.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

I really wish they took a page from SA:MP where you could see where a lot of people were located with a glance, and also see where they are in relation to your elevation. It's sorta annoying to try to figure out where some guy is when he's zooming around in a helicopter at slow speeds.

Yeah, the map in GTA5 is kind of funky in other ways too. Some enemy(NPC) blips show up as red circle outlines, sometimes they show up as red dots and then sometimes they show up as red dots with elevation. These seem to be somewhat arbitrary in missions. I wish it was more consistent and conveyed more information about NPCs and player locations.

Pleads posted:

If you're in multiple crews, do you see other crew members as outlined with crew colours even if they're not in your 'active' crew?

Do you have an open crew slot? You could always create a crew with just yourself and see. If not, I've already got this setup at home and can tell you what I see later tonight.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So am I crazy or is the SMG a lot less powerful than the micro SMG? I just used the SMG in a deathmatch for the first time and I got a lot fewer kills than I did in other deathmatches when I was using the micro SMG.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Obsurveyor posted:

Do you have an open crew slot? You could always create a crew with just yourself and see. If not, I've already got this setup at home and can tell you what I see later tonight.
It looks like I have 1 spot left (max of 3?) but I'm in the same boat, stuck at work for a while and likely to forget to ask/do it myself if I wait that long :shobon:

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
I'm up to around $250k banked, is there a consensus on the best apartment to buy? I read something about the high-end apartments being the same inside, if that's true above what approximate price point are the interiors identical?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So am I crazy or is the SMG a lot less powerful than the micro SMG? I just used the SMG in a deathmatch for the first time and I got a lot fewer kills than I did in other deathmatches when I was using the micro SMG.

Micro SMG has a fire faster rate iirc, therefore more bullets/second therefore more damage per second.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

The micro SMG is a 1 handed weapon so you can fire a little bit faster with it, maybe that's what helped you get more kills?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ragle posted:

I'm up to around $250k banked, is there a consensus on the best apartment to buy? I read something about the high-end apartments being the same inside, if that's true above what approximate price point are the interiors identical?

It goes by garage slots, I think, so three different ones.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

ragle posted:

I think 210 and above. The 330 and 390 are said to have the best views. I have 330 and I like it better than the 390, 400, or 210 ones.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

I kinda feel the same way. To me, it feels that I get a lot more headshots with the Micro-SMG, possibly due to it kicking up faster when I aim at the chest/neck. SMG doesn't seem to kick up as quickly.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Harmburger posted:

Micro SMG has a fire faster rate iirc, therefore more bullets/second therefore more damage per second.

The actual SMG has a longer range, but when you're in a small space the micro smg is strong and fast and amazing.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
You guys should just go ahead and form the inevitable splinter crew right now. Its bound to happen eventually might as well just get it over with.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
SMG is a headshot machine, no recoil to speak of so just put it on their head to begin with instead of hoping recoil puts it there for you.

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye
I was dicking around trying to steal the high priority car or whatever it's called. It was quite fun, we ended up being 4 people taking turns killing each other and stealing the car from each other. The car was undrivable at the end, but we had a blast. Then I checked my bank and saw how much it had cost me. Dying while freeroaming is expensive as poo poo, gently caress.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

Obsurveyor posted:

Yeah, the map in GTA5 is kind of funky in other ways too. Some enemy(NPC) blips show up as red circle outlines, sometimes they show up as red dots

The way I understand it solid dot means hostile npc/npcs in vehicle, circle means hostile on foot.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

MoreMetalBrian posted:

I kinda feel the same way. To me, it feels that I get a lot more headshots with the Micro-SMG, possibly due to it kicking up faster when I aim at the chest/neck. SMG doesn't seem to kick up as quickly.

It's a micro-Uzi and an MP5, right? Makes sense, the SMG then is more of a tactical light point and shoot. The micro-SMG is a get in their face and spray job.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

bear is driving! posted:

Edit: I had a lot more here, but MY INEVITABLE DEBT is a whiny assbag. Deal with it or stop playing.

Has anyone been able to find an Obey Tailgater? I can't find the drat thing anywhere.

I'll be on tonight. Wanna help me grind some more.

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 8, 2013

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Harmburger posted:

I think 210 and above. The 330 and 390 are said to have the best views. I have 330 and I like it better than the 390, 400, or 210 ones.

I love the 391's view. I gotta find some cars to put in my garage, though, all I've got is an Akuma and an RH8.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think they just nerfed ducts. Only $3k reward now :lol:

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

If anyone wants to grind cash missions today (Violent Duct, meth'd Up, and the laser jet mission) add me on PS3 hendy90

I have yet to come across the laser jet mission which nets you 25k right?

I'm on now until around 730 EST

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dude, I just got to level 15. Tell me you're loving around. :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

klapman posted:

Dude, I just got to level 15. Tell me you're loving around. :ohdear:

360, just ran it with 2 goons. 800 RP and $3000.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
God drat, at this point I can't help but think that Rockstar is trying to say crime doesn't pay.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ahahahaha well I'm glad I got the $9k reward like 10x in a row last night then!

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Are their any changes to TITAN or MIXED UP IN COKE (or whatever)??

Also does anyone own MULTIPLE PROPERTIES yet in Online?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just in time for them to announce cash cards are now available for purchase again, I bet.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Squeaked in to Awful Company as #298 :pervert:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Just got done playing Boneyard now that I know about the space between the trailer and the wall. That's quite an effective strategy. Here's hoping it sticks around.

I suppose I should ask for an invite to a goon company if any have room left. 360 tag Bang Bat.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I had an immense amount of fun last night with the following steps;

1 - Buy an apartment. Put sticky bombs at both entrances in slightly out of the way positions.
2 - Steal a car until you get a bounty on yourself.
3 - Hide inside, watch the map.
4 - When your doorbell rings, you know what to do.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You can be attacked in your apartment!? :psyduck:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Lotish posted:

Just got done playing Boneyard now that I know about the space between the trailer and the wall. That's quite an effective strategy. Here's hoping it sticks around.

Where is this spot?

Sucks they nerfed Ducts, it took the sting out of losing a character.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sure you're not just playing on an easier difficulty or something? If not, noooooooooo...

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lotish posted:

You can be attacked in your apartment!? :psyduck:

Nope! The point is to hide out in your apartment so people come sniffing around. If they buzz your door trying to get in (thinking they can attack you inside, I guess) then you blow em up.

WTFish
May 4, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

3 Goons and i ran Duct like 9 times in a row, every time getting 9000 € and 1000 RP. That was 90 minutes ago on PS3.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Slayer1597 posted:

Are you taking these picture from a "Chase" chopper or something?

Yeah, we spent a few minutes getting our altitudes synced up for the shot, and then hoping that the photographer could get a shot before his chopper drifted. It would probably be easier if the chase chopper has a separate driver and photographer.
Being the pilot in the photo I haven't seen it before but it's a really nice one. Good work!

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Some of you Goon Street (360) goons needs to add me as a friend on XBL. Half the time I join up with goons I can't tell if they don't have mics or if they are in a party. Invite me to the party! You especially Obsurveyor!

Also - if you are non-obnoxious goon please feel free to add me. Would love to have more folks to do co-op missions and other shenanigans with.

GT: Beaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Psion posted:

It is pretty fun. Just played it the first time myself. My only concern is Team B being shorthanded with only 2-3 people. Any particular advice on that section aside from playing smart and staying in cover?

You jut want to make sure you cover the whole surrounding area, it helps a lot if the hacker is good at the first program. hint: the IP is always moving right to left one space at a time, it's not random like it appears There's health in the shipping container near the laptop is needed.

About the Carmaine thing, as long as they aren't repeatedly hunting after you for no reason, theres no reason to come on here and bitch about it. If they are jut hunting you down you should try sending them a text message on the phone asking them politely to stop. If they won't listen, then you have a valid reason to complain. In free roam I treat it like red dead, I keep my crosshairs on the head of anybody that comes near me until I know it's safe. 9 out of 10 times I shoot them, doubly so if I have a bounty on me.

• Locked thread