Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Just had 3 goon request to join my CREW and when I accepted them, they all disappeared. So if you wanna send them again that would be excellent

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/big_digger_nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hamburlgar posted:

I'm about to start an invite only Goon Session on the PS3. Main aims will be finding a decent Goon Mobile, doing some $$$ runs and some Goony fun.

Who's with me?

PSN: Hamburlgar

gently caress I missed this by 4 hours.

e:

Harmburger posted:

I think 210 and above. The 330 and 390 are said to have the best views. I have 330 and I like it better than the 390, 400, or 210 ones.

Do you mind taking a few photos of the 330 view?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pleads posted:

If you're in multiple crews, do you see other crew members as outlined with crew colours even if they're not in your 'active' crew? The crews I'm in all seem to be inbred and part of the other crews I'm in so I've never had a chance to test things out.

Wait....you can be part of MULTIPLE crews?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

Wait....you can be part of MULTIPLE crews?

Yeah, create 1 and be in up to 4 others.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

ijyt posted:

Yeah, create 1 and be in up to 4 others.

But only one can be active at a time I believe.

Omar
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone on XBL want to join me for rooftop rumble missions? Got one spot open.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
When can we start Crew Wars, just look at this page!!!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crews/search/alltypes/reddit

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Took advice from someone earlier in this thread: Sitting in the 400k apartment setting bounties on the annoying voice players and watching it unfold on the tv is awesome while I work. Also sucks about the ducts nerf, just ran it about 20 times 90 min ago.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

marktheando posted:

But only one can be active at a time I believe.

This is correct, you can switch which one you're repping freely whenever, but if you're in an online session you'll be kicked out to update your crew status.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Mitt Romney posted:

Took advice from someone earlier in this thread: Sitting in the 400k apartment setting bounties on the annoying voice players and watching it unfold on the tv is awesome while I work. Also sucks about the ducts nerf, just ran it about 20 times 90 min ago.

This potentially is false information, the ducts nerf, we still need more confirmation.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Trying to do a cycle race on the military base with jeeps, gunmen and helicopters chasing you round in a circle is the best dumb fun I've had online so far. It takes ages to even get between checkpoints

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine
Looking for a Mixed up with coke/Rooftop Rumble lobby for the PS3, anyone around that's able to acquire the mission and care to get some farm going?

PSN: Chippita

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Any goons hanging about just now, let's have some pubbie fun.

Xbox: TheAllyClark

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Slayer1597 posted:

This potentially is false information, the ducts nerf, we still need more confirmation.

I've been soloing it for a bit now, after the vote at the end, just hit R2 (on PS3 anyway) and it repeats the mission. I did it 5 times in a row before I must hit the wrong button and it sent me to the "Choose the next job" phase. But for me it did work.

Edit: I assume that's the "nerf" you're talking about? I get 500 RP and $9000 for each run (on Easy)

VVVV Edit: I'm gonna do it right now and let you know. I just called Gerard to get the mission.

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 8, 2013

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

HiriseSoftware posted:

I've been soloing it for a bit now, after the vote at the end, just hit R2 (on PS3 anyway) and it repeats the mission. I did it 5 times in a row before I must hit the wrong button and it sent me to the "Choose the next job" phase. But for me it did work.

Edit: I assume that's the "nerf" you're talking about? I get 500 RP and $9000 for each run (on Easy)

Did you just do it now?

EDIT: I feel like they (Rockstar) would announce the nerfs, because its obvious that its broken. They wouldn't have a problem saying it like it is.

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 8, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man nothing annoys me then getting killed by some random pubbie, and they quitting the server before me or other goons get to them. When I am saving up for a apartment, I really don't need annoying hospital bills beecause some pubbie wants to be annoying and attack anyone he sees.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I just did Violent Ducts on Normal on 360 30 seconds ago. Normal RP, 3k instead of 9k cash.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Rirse posted:

Man nothing annoys me then getting killed by some random pubbie, and they quitting the server before me or other goons get to them. When I am saving up for a apartment, I really don't need annoying hospital bills beecause some pubbie wants to be annoying and attack anyone he sees.
Is it super obvious who is in your gang? Because I like to be super annoying and attack every pubbie I see.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

How on earth did you take such a good picture? That's amazing.

And yes, can we PLEASE change 1000-1009’s crew colour. The blue is almost impossible to pick out on the minimap, especially if the blips are off the edge. We need to be able to locate fellow goons as easily as possible.

It was just luck that it came out like that, the rest of the photos I took didn't come out anywhere near as nice (you can see them all on the crew page on the Social Club website).

A neat thing I didn't know about until today; Social Club automatically posts all the photos crew members take on their crew page.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

spacemost posted:

Is it super obvious who is in your gang? Because I like to be super annoying and attack every pubbie I see.

Somewhat. When I see a blip coming near me, I tend to pull up the quick player list and see if they got the 1009 tag, and the person coming by doesn't have it, then they are fair gain. Of course the annoying person I mentioned just attack me without warning.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Chippita posted:

Looking for a Mixed up with coke/Rooftop Rumble lobby for the PS3, anyone around that's able to acquire the mission and care to get some farm going?

PSN: Chippita

Dunno how long you're in for but I'm on a train home now, I'll be on in an hour for the rest of the night and will grind either until the sun comes up.

PSN digitalprophet

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

GruntyThrst posted:

I just did Violent Ducts on Normal on 360 30 seconds ago. Normal RP, 3k instead of 9k cash.

Can't Argue with GruntyThrst. I am disappointed they didn't own up to it immediately (at least I haven't seen any sort of release yet)

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

GruntyThrst posted:

I'm so glad I burned through this all day yesterday to get the 391k apartment. Sucks though as I was going to farm tonight to get some cars in my garage.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

A c E posted:

I'm so glad I burned through this all day yesterday to get the 391k apartment. Sucks though as I was going to farm tonight to get some cars in my garage.

Just did it now on PS3, still got $9000 for soloing it.

Edit: Requested an invite to Awful Company a while ago, now they're at 299 members, hope I get in :ohdear:

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 8, 2013

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

A c E posted:

I am in the same boat, can someone test out the titan mission and the mixed up with coke missions? to see if they still payout the same!

Theli
Jan 23, 2002

SORRY ABOUT MY TAINT
Fun Shoe
I feel like I need some tips on how to GTA:O, because either I'm doing something wrong or just incredibly unlucky when it comes to joining games.

The only time I can seem to get into missions is when they randomly show up in my Jobs list. Every time I try to join a Quick Job, I get "Failed to join session" and it dumps me back to single player. Usually this happens after I've been sitting in the lobby for three minutes waiting for the mission to start, so the whole process takes 5-10 minutes every time I try and I eventually get frustrated and just go back to robbing convenience stores and selling cars. I've gotten up to level 9 but it's just incredibly annoying having to sit through loading screen after loading screen whenever I want to do something other than freeroam.

Those of you that aren't having any problems, do you have the game installed to the hard drive and the second disc on a flash drive? I was wondering if the longer load times of running it off the disc might be causing it to time out or something.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Rirse posted:

Somewhat. When I see a blip coming near me, I tend to pull up the quick player list and see if they got the 1009 tag, and the person coming by doesn't have it, then they are fair gain. Of course the annoying person I mentioned just attack me without warning.

I'm not sure what that crew's color is since I'm in a different one but crew blips are outlined with your color which makes them stand out from pubbie blips. Awful Company changed from blue to bright green to make it easier to see friendlies on the map.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Whoever the goon was yesterday who allowed me to flail around for like 20 minutes trying to pick them up in the cargobob, good times. Also the guy who kept joining my Base Invaders. What's with the 4th pubbie always being unable to get in the fuckin' plane?

ps all this goon killing is very unsettling, I don't know about you other crews but the BOYS ride together + die together. It's a shameful boy who kills his fellow boys. Unless you're killing them by releasing their vehicle from a cargobob at 100mph

Hella pages away, but I'm pretty sure that was me in the car you launched. Awesome times, hope to do it again, and this time I'll have a mic. WE BOYS THO

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I've hit level 12 and never once been asked to change my character's appearance. Where was it supposed to happen? Can I trigger it manually?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I've hit level 12 and never once been asked to change my character's appearance. Where was it supposed to happen? Can I trigger it manually?

It happened me when I hit rank 8. But only when I joined a new session after quitting out of GTA:Online.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It happens some time before level ten. I get it when I've played a character for a couple of hours, and get the prompt when I load up that character again.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Your face is permanent just like in real life, just get a paper bag or something.

Edit: I am just ribbing in good fun.

Edit 2: I thought that face changing that came up a second time was a glitch that potentially deleted your character?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

You need to pick your character from the menu to get that option.

And be careful, I got rid of my Omar Little in favour of Raoul Duke, only for him to come out completely different and then realise there's not a single Acapulco shirt in Online. Now I'm a lovely Tyler Durden, but at least I got the outfit right. :(

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Pleads posted:

If these posts were on pubbieforums.com everyone would be falling over themselves laughing. "He's depressing and has issues" because he's taking a net loss on funbucks to have fun in a video game. Do you think the people who get boxed in to liquor stores they're robbing or cars dropped on their heads from helicopters don't react the same way as you are?

Look in the mirror, goons.

You're defending a guy who argues at length in BF3 about how we should be taking back the term "porch monkey".

He's 29, living with his parents, unemployed, and still manages to play videogames for 40 hours a week. I know it seems like he's having fun, but he's not. Based on other goons' experiences with his revenge-killing, he's most likely getting really emotional about getting killed in a videogame. He needs to stop.

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 9, 2013

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Hatbox Ghost posted:

You're defending a guy who argues at length in BF3 about how we should be taking back the term "porch monkey".

Maybe, but the other guy kinda sucks too, I want to see them fight :(

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Anyone on PS3 willing to help grind missions, I'm trying to recover from losing a character yesterday.

PSN: Backup_Snacks

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, PS3 voice chat audio quality suuuuuuuucks :smith: I'm in a session with Hamburglar and company but I can't make out what any of you guys are saying, even after cranking my volume way the gently caress up.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
We all knew VD was getting nerfed, it was only a matter of time. Now if only they'd unnerf repeating jobs so you aren't screwed if somebody gets dropped or if somebody joins in to catch the next one.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

SplitSoul posted:

You need to pick your character from the menu to get that option.

And be careful, I got rid of my Omar Little in favour of Raoul Duke, only for him to come out completely different and then realise there's not a single Acapulco shirt in Online. Now I'm a lovely Tyler Durden, but at least I got the outfit right. :(
Which menu, the swap character function? I've logged in and out since level 8, but I've never been prompted to select my character, it just defaults to them.

I was surprised they weren't deleted, I pressed the poo poo out of "Retry" the first time I was asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I was playing with a goon and we drove into his garage. All of a sudden my character disappears and I'm staring at the garage wall, unable to do anything other than quit the session.

• Locked thread