Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

automaticswim posted:

Did you have to use the cargobob? That's the only way I've reliably gotten a tank out of the base.

e: I'm hoping I can take it back to my house and garage it.

Yes and it's super easy to take too, unfortunately you can't put it in the garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I've done Violent Duct 20+ times today. I'm so tired.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

BlueGrot posted:

I've done Violent Duct 20+ times today. I'm so tired.

Did they Nerf it. I only got 3k cash.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
It's officially nerfed, however it seems like it hit the PS3 later than the 360 - either that or chaining it together staved off the nerf for a while.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
RT for replay is also still working on the PS3, people have been mentioning the VD nerf for over 24 hours now, still haven't seen it... Perhaps they are forgetting to up the difficulty?

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Just got a Rockstar Alert in game that confirms going from start menu is a way to get a lost guy back.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

Reeoorb posted:

RT for replay is also still working on the PS3, people have been mentioning the VD nerf for over 24 hours now, still haven't seen it... Perhaps they are forgetting to up the difficulty?

That still works on Xbox. The payement is just 1/3 value. I was only 100k short of the 2n best apartment.

cka
May 3, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

Hey that was me! :downs: (UltimateZAR)

Yeah, Survival, Top Fun, and that one game where ThreeBomb destroyed the objective in about 1 minute with sticky bombs were really fun. Wished I could have done Escape from LS, but I've got stuff to do, hope some of you enjoyed my parting gift though!

I shot 2 of you in the face, not sure which 2 you were though.

Not me! I got the butt of a shotgun to the face, not shot (illigan)

Good times this afternoon with everybody, looking forward to more later tonight. Also, for anybody that's played with me: does my mic give a lot of feedback or some crazy poo poo like that? Some people in a race yesterday were telling me it was so I shut it off, and the speaking icon lights up a lot even when I'm dead silent... Dunno if it was feedback from other people talking/mic picking up everything, or if my headset isn't worth the $5 in 2011 I paid for it.

e: oh snap a new crew colour, no wonder I was the odd one out in those offroad/helicopter races

cka fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 9, 2013

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Intrepid00 posted:

Just got a Rockstar Alert in game that confirms going from start menu is a way to get a lost guy back.

What do you mean "from the start menu"? The prompt to go online by pressing a/x during the loading screen?

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
Pretty sad because i lost my level 24 two days ago and now they nerf VD. I guess i should keep a look out for people running mixed up with the coke? On the upside im pretty much the richest level 15 ever. But I cant spend anything because im so afraid that it will get lost :cripes: If anyone wants to grind some missions later tonight im in the AWCO crew. Gruntythirst is the PSN.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Thanks Coldforge and the rest of the AWCO dudes for farming some mixed up with coke, Sorry I was so low level, at least I am a good driver :c00l:

yeah, this owned. Mixed Up With Coke is the best farming mission by far and I really wanna do more (even though I now have like 350k in the bank, I have GTA greed)

also, setting bounties on pubbies and then watching it on TV is fantastic, just got to do it for the first time today.

everything about sticky bombs are also great, even though I left a Cargobob outside my apartment with two sticky bombs on it and no one found it and tried to steal it, that was unfortunate

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

What do you mean "from the start menu"? The prompt to go online by pressing a/x during the loading screen?

It doesn't clarify but they probably want you to exit game and go to story mode and use the start button.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Thanks Coldforge and the rest of the AWCO dudes for farming some mixed up with coke, Sorry I was so low level, at least I am a good driver :c00l:

All thanks should be directed to AgentCow, who got this whole thing rolling.

That said, you are a good driver, thanks for helping it run so smoothly!

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

So on the subject of tanks and explosives in general... it's pretty easy to get carried away and end up like me and Agentcow.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Longbaugh01 posted:

Myself and 3 others tried the hidden replay thing on 360 just now after VD and it didn't seem to work. At least three of us were mashing RT during and after the like/dislike screen.

If you're talking about me, I got an invite on the phone from your gamertag.

Not just you, I've had a couple people join missions I wasn't even hosting, I'm still trying to figure out how the system works is all. It's pretty neat I just wish I had more control over it.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
I keep getting violent duct and it's still 9k for me. I ran it on easy to get up to 800k a few nights ago, got tired of it so now I'm grinding out Base Invaders.

RageBeef posted:

Yes and it's super easy to take too, unfortunately you can't put it in the garage.

I was hoping I could. Oh well, tanks are still madness.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Myself and 3 others tried the hidden replay thing on 360 just now after VD and it didn't seem to work. At least three of us were mashing RT during and after the like/dislike screen.

If you're talking about me, I got an invite on the phone from your gamertag.

I've had the same issue on and off. Sometimes RT/R2 works, sometimes it simply doesn't restart the job.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

automaticswim posted:

Base Invaders has quickly become a good to grind for cash. I got 400k doing it solo on easy in about an hour, with 3 or 4 people it'd be cake. $25k per run, 1k RP, forget Violent Duct.

Also, when or if you ever hit level 75, a mission called Rooftop Rumble becomes available. 25k for maybe 30 seconds work.

How do you get base invaders? Ron never has any missions.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So does anyone else get a goofy sound bug on the PS3 version of this? The game runs fine for a while then all at once the framerate will hitch up for a second and once the game resumes the sound turns into a garbled mess of static until I quit all the way out of the game and join back in. It's getting really annoying to deal with and it *shouldn't* be the console overheating since it's a nearly brand new superslim.

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
someone add me! PS3 name: pogoschmiff , have played with pubbies for the last couple days and want to actually have a decent time for once

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
What does the EXPLOSIVES upgrade for cars do? Is it as awesome as I think it is?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cka posted:

Not me! I got the butt of a shotgun to the face, not shot (illigan)

Good times this afternoon with everybody, looking forward to more later tonight. Also, for anybody that's played with me: does my mic give a lot of feedback or some crazy poo poo like that? Some people in a race yesterday were telling me it was so I shut it off, and the speaking icon lights up a lot even when I'm dead silent... Dunno if it was feedback from other people talking/mic picking up everything, or if my headset isn't worth the $5 in 2011 I paid for it.

e: oh snap a new crew colour, no wonder I was the odd one out in those offroad/helicopter races

I didn't hear a lot of noise coming from you. I could see the mic icon next to your player name moving around but I only really heard you once you started talking, you were fine.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Just had a weird bug where it told me the Rockstar Cloud info wasn't available and kicked me to Story mode. I tried Online again and got into a session but any time I tried to start a mission it would run for all of about three seconds before telling me I failed and booting me back to the selection menu. Oh well, maybe later.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

PaganGoatPants posted:

What does the EXPLOSIVES upgrade for cars do? Is it as awesome as I think it is?

I think it lets you detonate your vehicle on demand. So probably yes

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Just had a weird bug where it told me the Rockstar Cloud info wasn't available and kicked me to Story mode. I tried Online again and got into a session but any time I tried to start a mission it would run for all of about three seconds before telling me I failed and booting me back to the selection menu. Oh well, maybe later.

Sounds like I'm not going to bother going online tonight and risk losing another character.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

PaganGoatPants posted:

You can put either an ignition bomb or a triggerable bomb in the car. Doing so cuts you off from further modifications, though.

Hodlum
Aug 16, 2011

Need Prozac
Alright, I've been rushing ahead solo to see content and I've picked a couple of missions that are worth doing.

Base Invaders gives 25K per run and is solo-able.
Crystal Clear Out gives 10K per run and has a nice boat that avoids all the bad guys at the end.

Once your past 25, the game gets pretty easy cash wise.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Haggis Heed posted:

Goons turning on goons.

Had a laugh with a couple of guys from Third Street Goons tonight.

Basically me and TrashSenior ran into a group of guys and started a shoot out. While in cover I inadvertently pistol wiped TrashSenior and killed him.

One of the other guys that I killed put a 7k bounty on me. And TrashSenior killed me and took it.

I couldn't decide wether that was poo poo or wether it was payback for me killing him by mistake.

Later, we team up again and bump into Cake or death (I think that was his name). We total a car and are in the middle of a field together. TrashSenior straight out punches me cause I flipped the bird at him. So I shoot him dead.

Cake Or Death, obviously thinking I've turned on our goon crew pistol whips me, so I pistol whip him back and it turns into a flat out hilarious pistol whip to the death contest (which I won :) ). I was in tears of laughter at the situation.

We were men and put our differences aside. And continued on.

I got in on the fun as well, had a total blast. I was amazed my personal car could still drive after all of that. Sorry about driving the car straight into the river that one time, but the shootout with the cops was awesome.

Then I stupidly joined Violent Duct with goddamn free aim and was unable to get back into your session. :(

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Dr. Abysmal posted:

On my first, lost female character I definitely remember seeing more options for hats, including beanies, a cowboy hat, and a lot more caps. I started a new one yesterday and the selection is now far more limited, where did they go?

The selectable batch during character creation varies depending on the lifestyle of your character. Once you're in the game though, you can get everything else from the clothes shops.

Rapdawg posted:

So the special edition code for super special weapons and poo poo does not apply to Online right? The only reason I ask is I really loving want to have myself a .50 Pistol online, gently caress, I would buy a code for it- I am that loving sappy.

It applies. Sawed-off shotgun, bullpup shotgun, .50 pistol and a melee hammer are all free from the start, as well as all of the upgrades and skins for the .50 and bullpup.

Metrodextrous
Aug 6, 2007

alright dude whatever

i hope ur asshole grows shut
Alright. Which one of you assholes blew up the truck parked in front of the Titan?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I am watching fellow AWCO member 'm2tt' drive like a madman in a chrome Infernus with hot pink rims, chasing pubbies and honking the clown horn at hilarious intervals

TV in the apartment is fantastic

I am crying with laughter

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What do you guys think is the best way to farm exp around level 35? I know the concrete mixer mission unlocks at level 45, but that's a long way to go and Violent Duct's exp reward is feeling pretty pitiful already. Cash isn't really an issue, I just want to rank up faster at this point.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
So if your character is inaccessible in-game, and the Social Club page stats have defaulted back to Level 0 on everything, is it safe to assume they're gone for good?

EDIT: It's showing 0 for everything on the three story characters for me, too. Weird.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

prussian advisor posted:

Congrats to El Jebus for basically singlehandedly winning a round of base invaders after his comrades (esp. me) got killed early on.

I don't think base invaders is an easy mission (don't think I've ever done it without dying once,) but the rewards are enormous.

Not really sure I should be getting congratulated. I died multiple times in every other instance we played of that mission (and maybe that one too!). I was really bad that game. I think my character is a bullet magnet.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

No Mods No Masters posted:

What do you guys think is the best way to farm exp around level 35? I know the concrete mixer mission unlocks at level 45, but that's a long way to go and Violent Duct's exp reward is feeling pretty pitiful already. Cash isn't really an issue, I just want to rank up faster at this point.

I am basically looking for the same thing? level 15 and trying to get my lost levels back. I can complete races fast but they seem to give pitiful exp. Should i try to do races with more people? Im thinking the best way is just to get into groups with high levels doing 45+ stuff.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
If anyone is mfarming missions tonight on Xbox I would love to join you. Name is Hawkown

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Yeah join some goons doing higher level stuff for good RP and money.

Races are good though if you want to unlock many of the upgrades for cars.

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.
Battersea80, press R2 after you vote to restart Meth'd Up!

Edit: For future reference :smith:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
If any PS3 goons wants to trade race wins with me to unlock car options, hit me up in game. PSN ID is the same as my username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

the jmile posted:

Well goons I hit 75 today and after 2 hours finally got Martin to offer Rooftop Rumble. Who wants in?
This is on 360 BTW GT: Barberitos

Thanks for the invite that mission is violent duct on crack haha im amazed how easy it is and was pretty funny seeing adreagen go from lvl 10 to 40's in an hour of play not to mention the crazy amount of cash

• Locked thread