Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

LAY-ZX posted:

People seem to be constantly at war over the Party Girl's page and it gets funnier every time I look at it

"A fandub from the Brony Confederation"

drat you forcing me to edit a sentence about MLP into some semblance of grammar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I stole a bed from hell. Today was a good day for digging.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Do archery potions apply to guns as well? I'm ready to fight the Wall of Flesh and I have the choice of either the Harpoon or a Rapid Boomstick

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
So to create a surface shroom biome for Truffle, I just need to spread an underground glowing blue biome to the surface? I noticed there's one next to my hellavator so theoretically I could just slap mud all over the hellavator wall and it'd get to surface eventually. I'd get a nice lighting on it as a bonus.

In other news, killed WoF yesterday (who dropped a +15% magic dmg + 4% dmg emblem) and mushed the altars. Got all the new hardmode ores in my world. I'm fine with this. :woop:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow, Eater of Worlds was really easy. I didn't even need to heal since it seemed like every segment I killed dropped a heart.

It was annoying having the goblin army spawn at the exact same time as when the Eater of Worlds spawned though. I didn't have to fight both at once but when I got home my house was being invaded.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

King Dead posted:

Is there a way to get Living Wood Walls, or whatever the walls inside the giant trees/roots are called? I don't mind using an editor/cheat program to make it.

In those big trees, there's a living wood chest that can have either a leaf wand or a wood wand, the wood wand lets you place living wood by using up wood.

Wood.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Fewd posted:

So to create a surface shroom biome for Truffle, I just need to spread an underground glowing blue biome to the surface? I noticed there's one next to my hellavator so theoretically I could just slap mud all over the hellavator wall and it'd get to surface eventually. I'd get a nice lighting on it as a bonus.

You don't need to make it spread, just chop the mushrooms until you get a seed and you can make your own farm.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fewd posted:

In other news, killed WoF yesterday (who dropped a +15% magic dmg + 4% dmg emblem) and mushed the altars. Got all the new hardmode ores in my world. I'm fine with this. :woop:

You can just plant the mushroom seeds aboveground now. The stuff can spread like usual, but it requires you to intervene because normally it won't be able to spread to the surface.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Ah, ok, thanks. That's hell of a lot simpler than mudwalling half of my hellvator.

Ulvirich posted:

In those big trees, there's a living wood chest that can have either a leaf wand or a wood wand, the wood wand lets you place living wood by using up wood.

Wood.

I think he means the dark brown "background" wall, not the Living Wood Wand type of wood. Can't make that one as far as I know.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Ah, ok, yeah I don't either. Maybe in a future patch? :shrug:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I really like all the new cosmetic stuff added to the game. I've only built one sort of fancy thing so far, but I can't wait to see what people come up with

bonus

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 9, 2013

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Skeleton snipers are ridiculously rare, I wonder if that intended?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Nice touch putting an erect dong on the cactus house. I knew you'd fit it in somewhere.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
The cactus, in many ways, is the dong of the plant kingdom

Skeleton snipers seem to appear roughly as often as Bone Lee/ tactical Skeleton for me, which collectively seem to appear less than any of the caster types. Not sure why that is.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Cicadalek posted:

Skeleton snipers seem to appear roughly as often as Bone Lee/ tactical Skeleton for me, which collectively seem to appear less than any of the caster types. Not sure why that is.

I heard that the banners hanging in the dungeon may serve to determine which enemies are more likely to spawn. Not sure if this is true, but it's what I heard.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cicadalek posted:

The cactus, in many ways, is the dong of the plant kingdom

So far its die instantly 10 times in a row to the loving necromancers to maybe see 1 that doesnt drop anything and then death to a necromancer.

Those loving things are OP as gently caress.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cicadalek posted:

That's because they're rare spawns, as are the Skeleton Commandos and Paladins.

And thank christ for that, because if Paladins showed up as often as the casters do the hardmode dungeon would be the worst place in the entire game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Oh my god, the loving Necromancers. They were an even bigger problem for me than Bone Lee, at least Bone Lee didn't spawn and shoot me with unavoidable purple beam of death and then teleport away when I managed to hit him.

Magnet Sphere is the only loving thing that can hit those things frequently.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Get any gun that shoots bullets and make a bunch of chlorophyte bullets. If you can keep attacking them they'll never attack back, and chlorophyte bullets track enemies so they can't just hide around corners.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Bone Lee makes me furiously angry, because they are rare as hell, and I *still* need a Black Belt drop from them. uuugh.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Dana Crysalis posted:

Bone Lee makes me furiously angry, because they are rare as hell, and I *still* need a Black Belt drop from them. uuugh.

You could have mine if you really want one.

That said I got that piranha gun from a jungle chest before I got into the hardmode dungeon. Which saved me a lot of trouble with necromancers and those dumb flame trident guys. The piranha would attach itself to them and then follow them as they attempt to teleport away. Hit them once with the piranha and they were toast!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Man the necromancers need to be OP, since once you get their staff and the Spectre Armor, you become an unstoppable killing machine. I think I killed them by just spamming Magic Knife at them and hoping to god they missed.

All I have left to do is get keys for the hardmode dungeon chests, but I'm beginning to think those are myth. The bosses are a joke, and I'm pretty much set for accessories. I think I've almost beat the game, now I just need to build a giant dong.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Saxophone posted:

I've really liked the idea of underground bases and I certainly don't mind digging, but the hammering out the dirt with a hammer part of it is the worst. Is this still a thing?

Use explosives, they'll knock out back-walls as long as there is at least one part of the backwall that is an edge piece, which you can do by just popping one piece of backwall out with a hammer.

The Colonel posted:

Oh my god, the loving Necromancers. They were an even bigger problem for me than Bone Lee, at least Bone Lee didn't spawn and shoot me with unavoidable purple beam of death and then teleport away when I managed to hit him.

Magnet Sphere is the only loving thing that can hit those things frequently.

Use the nimbus rod and position the clouds so they cover a couple of points it regularly swaps to, I've had them cover several platforms that were on top of eachother and the necromancers just swapping between all of the shelves and getting hit as soon as they blink there was great.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Skeleton snipers are ridiculously rare, I wonder if that intended?
I think it depends on the world. I get them all the time but I've never seen a tactical skeleton.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Random question, are those magic "sprayers" they showed in the trailer for 1.2 that could change whole biomes a real item? It showed them turning huge portions of corruption back to normal and turning surface forests into mushroom ones. They seem pretty amazing.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
^^^ You want the clentaminator from ths steampunker. She needs to be living in the biome you want to convert stuff to for her to sell the right solution though. Uncorrupted biome means purity solution, corruption means, shockingly, she sells the corruption solution and so on.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I heard that the banners hanging in the dungeon may serve to determine which enemies are more likely to spawn. Not sure if this is true, but it's what I heard.

I went into a dungeon from pre 1.2 with hardmode enabled, so no banners at all and all I get are blue skeletons, necromancers, bone lee and paladins. Haven't added any banners to see if it makes new stuff appear yet though.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 9, 2013

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

OrangeSoda posted:

Random question, are those magic "sprayers" they showed in the trailer for 1.2 that could change whole biomes a real item? It showed them turning huge portions of corruption back to normal and turning surface forests into mushroom ones. They seem pretty amazing.

Is that the thing the steampunker sells?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

OrangeSoda posted:

Yep, that's the Clentaminator, sold by the Steampunker. It costs an arm and a leg but it's amazing for keeping the corruption/crimson in check.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Corruption/Hallow/Crimson spread downwards as well? Would the entire map be infected given enough time in Hardmode?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

MR. J posted:

I think it depends on the world. I get them all the time but I've never seen a tactical skeleton.

I found a spot in my dungeon that reliably spawns them so I just went there, killed it, waited for a necro to spawn, ran back about 5 times.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

RatHat posted:

Does Corruption/Hallow/Crimson spread downwards as well? Would the entire map be infected given enough time in Hardmode?

It did in 1.1, doubt that's changed. But it still follows the same rules as above ground, big gaps and too thick layers of blocks it can't spread on stop the spread.

lesbian at Evergreen
Aug 9, 2006

Okay, now its time to furnish... siiiiigh

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RAMONXCb_JsXHgxyCCXCKcS7fSr7nLJgmb6RW8Ux-0M/preview?sle=true

1.2.03 Update Changes are out.

Blood Knives and Spectre armor nerfed, to the surprise of no one here.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Last night I killed a worm whilst digging around for the spoils of the deep. It dropped the "Whoopie Cushion" - allowing me to make a fart noise every time I double jump :butt: ...which is pretty fun!

I read it's a quite a rare drop! Anyway one thing I'd recommend doing quite early on in the game is making a good few attempts to get to the Dungeon, which for me has been to the extreme left of the map the last few times (although pre 1.2 it was always right). The reason being is you have a fairly good chance of picking up the water bolt book, which is really powerful.

1. Make sure you deposit anything valuable before setting off as you'll likely die a lot. :jihad:
2. When you see a dark red looking castle with an old man outside, you're there. Don't talk to the old man until later in the game (it's a boss). If you've reached the Jungle - you're at the opposite end of the map.
3. Enter the dungeon and right-click on all of the bookshelves you come across, descending into the dungeon until you reach the point where the Dungeon Guardian insta-kills you.
4. Check your inventory to see if you've got a Water Bolt book.

It uses mana, but hopefully you'll have picked up quite a few fallen stars on your adventure! If you're stuck, research Water Bolt in the wiki and it will give you a picture of the book in its shelf.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

LEGO Genetics posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RAMONXCb_JsXHgxyCCXCKcS7fSr7nLJgmb6RW8Ux-0M/preview?sle=true

1.2.03 Update Changes are out.

Blood Knives and Spectre armor nerfed, to the surprise of no one here.

The gently caress, the Heat Ray now uses Mana? Bleh, the thing just became worthless.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

King Dead posted:

Is there a way to get Living Wood Walls, or whatever the walls inside the giant trees/roots are called? I don't mind using an editor/cheat program to make it.
Wall #78 in TEdit3. Currently unnamed.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Jackard posted:

Wall #78 in TEdit3. Currently unnamed.

Just to let you know, you can move NPCs into a room with living wood walls.

You cannot, however, use hive walls. They will move right the heck out of those.

Also: how can I take some of those awesome screenshots with the 'zoomed out' point of view? I tried piecing together Steam screenshots, but it was long, time-consuming and looked like crap.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

Also: how can I take some of those awesome screenshots with the 'zoomed out' point of view? I tried piecing together Steam screenshots, but it was long, time-consuming and looked like crap.

I'm not familiar what format Steam uses on screenshots but they do end up looking like crap. Personally I just disable the UI and take normal print screens which I dump into paint.net. When I got all my pictures there, I just make a new big canvas, plop them into layers there, flatten and cut out the final image. Doesn't take many minutes with the 5 to 7 pictures I tend to have.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bible Challenger posted:

Okay, now its time to furnish... siiiiigh

Seeing things like this here or in Minecraft always deflate me. I'll never have design sense that good. Wonder if there are any good build-tip videos out there. Some tricks to making neat-looking things. Especially neat-looking things that also take care of all the NPCs so I don't have to build them their own shoddy huts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

LAY-ZX posted:

People seem to be constantly at war over the Party Girl's page and it gets funnier every time I look at it

"A fandub from the Brony Confederation"

Apparently those have been removed, only to be replaced by more brony poo poo.

Ughhhh posted:

Due to her appearance, items she sells, and name, she is most likely based on the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic character called Pinkie Pie.

Stupid brony invasion posted:

She also requires 6 people to be in the town to move in which may be a reference to the "Mane Six".

• Locked thread