Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

haljordan posted:

Goddamn, that is bad. Even self-published lunatic fringe race war novels get more sales.

I write these absolutely horrible erotica short stories and I have some that sell hundreds upon hundreds a month. This is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm listening through old shows and I think I found Sour Shoes first appearance back in 2003. It was really bad, he came on as his real name "Mike" and did an ELO song. Howard asked if he was mentally ill and then they threw him out after about 5 minutes.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Beth posted her interview with Robin.

She's obnoxious but I feel so :allears: seeing Robin again.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Robin was on some Sunday morning show (ABC I think?) talking about her book, the title of which the host managed to mispronounce.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Her twitter just screams at you how much she wants a kid. I hope she either gets what she wants or can at least make peace with her future because man I wouldn't want to be married to a woman bitter over not being given a child.

And for the record she'd probably be an amazing mom and I doubt she'd be handing her kid off to the nanny 10 hours a day either. She's so hands-on with the pets there's no way she'd let her kid be passed off to someone else to raise.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
They day they announce she's pregnant is the day after Howard's last day on the air.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

GenoCanSing posted:

Steve, I'm real busy, can I call you right back?

OOOOOOOHHH!

I was amazed that Steve didn't turn his anger to Richard and Sal over that. Really, it was them harassing him. I guess he just felt foolish.

Well, that and the fact that he came into the studio in a tizzy expecting people to side with him "OVER 300 PHONE CALLS I CAN'T WORK LIKE THIS" and Howard and Co. just berated him for dealing with the calls in the worst possible manner. It turned from him ratting out Sour Shoes to him getting almost reprimanded. By the end he was just embarrassed and wanted to leave.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Advice posted:

Well, that and the fact that he came into the studio in a tizzy expecting people to side with him "OVER 300 PHONE CALLS I CAN'T WORK LIKE THIS" and Howard and Co. just berated him for dealing with the calls in the worst possible manner. It turned from him ratting out Sour Shoes to him getting almost reprimanded. By the end he was just embarrassed and wanted to leave.

"How can I report on Eric the Midget ticket sales with these interruptions?!!"

Shut the gently caress up and take your paycheck for reporting on the most inane bullshit ever, you dick.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beergod posted:

You can't be serious. She's the loving worst.

Why? She sits at home and takes care of pets and raises funds for a (questionable) charity. I'm no Beth fan but attacking her and calling her a oval office on Twitter seems pointless.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

kylej posted:

Why? She sits at home and takes care of pets and raises funds for a (questionable) charity. I'm no Beth fan but attacking her and calling her a oval office on Twitter seems pointless.

Especially when it seems like she doesn't give a poo poo about it. I mean what's the point for these assholes if they're not bothering her.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I guess I'm apparently a "cold-hearted guy" because I don't give a poo poo about listening to kittens on the radio.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

But that's exactly the difference.

She's dull and boring with no entrainment value at all on a comedy show, but as a human being she's harmless and is a nice person. She doesn't need or deserve people attacking her and calling her a oval office.

Eric the Midget, Elegant Elliott Offen and High Pitch Eric are serial con-artists and genuinely lovely people so they definitely deserve to be called cunts every chance they get, even by their own parents.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

But that's exactly the difference.

She's dull and boring with no entrainment value at all on a comedy show, but as a human being she's harmless and is a nice person. She doesn't need or deserve people attacking her and calling her a oval office.

Eric the Midget, Elegant Elliott Offen and High Pitch Eric are serial con-artists and genuinely lovely people so they definitely deserve to be called cunts every chance they get, even by their own parents.

When was the last time High Pitch Eric called into the show? Has he been officially banned yet?

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Smeep posted:

Especially when it seems like she doesn't give a poo poo about it. I mean what's the point for these assholes if they're not bothering her.

It just kinda comes down to misogyny.

quote:

When was the last time High Pitch Eric called into the show? Has he been officially banned yet?

Yesterday when he lost the part to Jeff.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
9/11 made Robin a vegan

http://www.celebitchy.com/327677/robin_quivers_my_vegan_diet_was_key_to_defeating_cancer_feeling_really_good/

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Eric the Midget lost the part

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My girlfriend used to be part of the Vegan Blogosphere before she started eating dairy again, so she still reads a few of her old friends blogs. Apparently, the vegans are nuts over how being vegan cured Robin's cancer! "This is total proof now! Everyone else if finally going to go vegan!"

Speaking of lovely blogs, I went to HowardStern.com to check out the plastic surgery photos, and it immediately crashed my browser.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Hasn't she told this story on the air several times?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

It just kinda comes down to misogyny.

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by "lost the part"? I haven't heard too many recent shows so I may be way behind.

Squashy Nipples posted:

My girlfriend used to be part of the Vegan Blogosphere before she started eating dairy again, so she still reads a few of her old friends blogs. Apparently, the vegans are nuts over how being vegan cured Robin's cancer! "This is total proof now! Everyone else if finally going to go vegan!"

Speaking of lovely blogs, I went to HowardStern.com to check out the plastic surgery photos, and it immediately crashed my browser.

Apparently it's "vegucation" as in "vegetables" and not "vegan". The ABC morning show hosts couldn't get it right either.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

haljordan posted:

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by "lost the part"? I haven't heard too many recent shows so I may be way behind.

Eric the Midget ragequit the show, so then Jeff decided to become the designated whackpack actor and got represented by Johnny Fratto. Then Eric the Midget came back. Some guy shooting a movie offered a two small "extra" roles; Eric wouldn't take one of them because the guy was gay. Jeff said he would play both, but chose the non-gay one to piss off Eric. So then Howard put in a "Act Off" contest between Jeff and Midget for the other part. Jeff won it.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0rKvK6KqsQ

Worth a listen. Jeff ribbing Eric is great and I enjoyed knowing exactly how Howard would react the instant the guy mentioned 'youtube superstars'.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Eric the Midget ragequit the show, so then Jeff decided to become the designated whackpack actor and got represented by Johnny Fratto. Then Eric the Midget came back. Some guy shooting a movie offered a two small "extra" roles; Eric wouldn't take one of them because the guy was gay. Jeff said he would play both, but chose the non-gay one to piss off Eric. So then Howard put in a "Act Off" contest between Jeff and Midget for the other part. Jeff won it.

That does sound hilarious, I only wish Johnny Fratto would quit the show as well.

edit: Eric's inability to comprehend that actors PRETEND for a living is loving hilarious. "If I take a role where the character is gay, that means I'm gay in real life!!" His commitment to being a "method actor" is commendable, though.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 10, 2013

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Interview with Artie in Rolling Stone - http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/artie-lange-on-his-suicide-attempt-and-life-after-howard-stern-20131010

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Crotch Bat posted:

And for the record she'd probably be an amazing mom and I doubt she'd be handing her kid off to the nanny 10 hours a day either. She's so hands-on with the pets there's no way she'd let her kid be passed off to someone else to raise.

Although I can't help but wonder what would happen if the kid were allergic to pet dander...

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Q. Are you going to go back on Howard to promote the book?
A. I don't know. I haven't set foot in there. Howard is afraid he's gonna say the wrong thing and set me off. He's like, "God forbid something happens." What happened was real intense. The times I've talked to him, he's been real supportive. He's happy for me that I'm back on track and doing better, but actually being on the show . . . He's afraid something might happen. I'm not saying it won't happen. Gary [Dell'Abate] has the book. He's reading the book . . . Look, if he does, he does. I'm not going to put any pressure on him because the guy has done everything for me, and he's just been amazing. But if he feels it's too intense and too risky to do it, that's gonna be his decision. And that's fine. I told the book company not to press him at all.

Huh... I guess I had assumed it was Artie who didn't want to come back.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

There is no way in hell Artie believes a single word of that terrible lie Howard is telling him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Finndo posted:

Huh... I guess I had assumed it was Artie who didn't want to come back.

Wait, what? After all this time where Howard is the puppetmaster every major fight and meltdown on the show then sits back and says "what happened? I missed it" as if to skirt any responsibility you really think Artie was the one worried about how coming back would make him crack?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I haven't listened in a couple months but have any fans called in to the show or The Wrap-Up Show to ask about Artie coming on now that the book is out and he said he wants to be on publicly?

I know Howard usually just screams and hangs up on people who mention Artie so I doubt it, but maybe getting on TWUS is better chance to get Gary to answer the question.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

I haven't listened in a couple months but have any fans called in to the show or The Wrap-Up Show to ask about Artie coming on now that the book is out and he said he wants to be on publicly?

I know Howard usually just screams and hangs up on people who mention Artie so I doubt it, but maybe getting on TWUS is better chance to get Gary to answer the question.

A caller yesterday did just this and also got in a jab about kitten hour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpMwNTNnJkc

Gary's... response... is less than forthcoming.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I've almost stopped paying attention to the show entirely and basically just use the thread to find the one interesting thing a month that happens but did they take part of the show to peer pressure the staff into adopting a loving cat?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Sand Monster posted:

A caller yesterday did just this and also got in a jab about kitten hour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpMwNTNnJkc

Gary's... response... is less than forthcoming.

"What do you do for a living?"

"I do interview articles with celebrities for Rolling Stone :smug:"

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Crotch Bat posted:

I've almost stopped paying attention to the show entirely and basically just use the thread to find the one interesting thing a month that happens but did they take part of the show to peer pressure the staff into adopting a loving cat?

Give JD a cat and force him to take it home (and back to the office every day) and care for it or else he's fired. Then tape it for Howard TV.

Also let me program the show because it took me like 10 seconds to think of something better than just giving cats away.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

There is no way in hell Artie believes a single word of that terrible lie Howard is telling him.

No, I think he does, to an extent. Artie is very good at convincing himself of things that we wants to believe. He never admitted to himself that his dad had committed suicide until Howard questioned him about it on the air.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

beep by grandpa posted:

If it's a lie, what's the truth then? Even if Howard felt that Artie stole the show and is secretly glad that he's gone, that's no reason not to bring him back for one show. It would be great radio.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Finndo posted:

If it's a lie, what's the truth then? Even if Howard felt that Artie stole the show and is secretly glad that he's gone, that's no reason not to bring him back for one show. It would be great radio.

I don't think Howard wants to deal with any unpredictability. (It takes too much effort.) Plus, his ego would not appreciate it if Artie was a big hit and callers started asking about him again.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

One more show with Artie will only give even more contrast to how terrible it is now.

Kitten hour.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So when Howard retires is he going to start a cat ranch where poor and retarted kids can come stay for free and clean liter boxes?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Give JD a cat and force him to take it home (and back to the office every day) and care for it or else he's fired. Then tape it for Howard TV.

Also let me program the show because it took me like 10 seconds to think of something better than just giving cats away.

HIRE THIS MAN.

I'd totally watch a show about JD trying to handle something as mundane as a kitten. Dude seems like a goon through-and-through.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Squashy Nipples posted:

No, I think he does, to an extent. Artie is very good at convincing himself of things that we wants to believe. He never admitted to himself that his dad had committed suicide until Howard questioned him about it on the air.

I thought he died from some infection after becoming a quad

Edit:

http://www.howardstern.com/media-vault#397

Ahahahahah go gently caress yourself

Another edit:

You know who is really in touch with Howard's fans these days? O&A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdBktscRPs

They're 100% right and it's sad :(

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just found out Arsenio Hall has a show.