Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
"HEROES COMPANY MODERN TERROR":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od_qsGtLlo8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Did you happen to get a new Twitch account or did they IP ban you?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

You geri don'd the hell out of those guys. How did you get so good at war?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
He spent the better part of his life training with Combat Tubs to prepare for this war.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Jubs posted:

Did you happen to get a new Twitch account or did they IP ban you?
I'm probably just going to register a new account on another service.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Lowtax posted:

You can always try http://www.azubu.tv . I think they're like Twitch but poo poo according to what I have heard.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Perfect for Lowtax, then!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Lowtax posted:

You can use my pro account if you want. They might be more lenient with banning it since I am giving them money.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Jubs posted:

You can use my pro account if you want. They might be more lenient with banning it since I am giving them money.
Eh I don't care, I'm up for trying other services because, to be honest, I wasn't too impressed by Twitch TV. I mean, unless every other streaming service sucks.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Herein I walkthrough "The King Warrior's Magic Revenge":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ron0QqpJ0

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Lowtax posted:

Eh I don't care, I'm up for trying other services because, to be honest, I wasn't too impressed by Twitch TV. I mean, unless every other streaming service sucks.

That's cool. I just liked Twitch since I could watch it on my phone.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Lowtax posted:

This looks pretty amazing, I'm not gonna lie.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Lowtax posted:

Nice usage of Ultima sprites.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

quote:

:dice: /EA,While some people have sat back and done nothing but run this game in the ground I have supported it all along.Now I find this out.It's not good enough you are getting $60 for the game and $50 for premium.Now you got to go and pull this poo poo.Not even cod has stooped to that level.We should be able to play the game and slowly unlock everything just like we always have.

So go gently caress your selves on this one :dice: /EA!!!

:dice:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dizz posted:

You can always try http://www.azubu.tv . I think they're like Twitch but poo poo according to what I have heard.

So they're exactly like Twitch then. Nice to know.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Lowtax posted:

Monty on the Run for battle music? You have good taste in beeps and boops, Lowtax.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hey, that was actually a game. Nice change of pace!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
You were so desperate for a good GameMaker game you actually made one yourself.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You were so desperate for a good GameMaker game you actually made one yourself.

That there is some RPGMaker. Though I forget if it's XP or VX.

ZearothK posted:

Hey, that was actually a game. Nice change of pace!

At first I was thinking about disputing the actual part, but considering that many of the puzzles were sort of clever and humorous (use these three items to fulfill a strangely specific bid and make 5000 dollars), this game's a good step ahead of most of the others here.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
It's VX, I'm sure.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Lowtax posted:

So the game does end when you get to the castle with the dress in it. I always wondered what you were supposed to do next. I even messed around with the levers that make the world look all hosed up. Finally I can die in peace. Unless there actually is more, but this is where I could never figure out what to do next

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

As a connoisseur of fine chiptunes, I enjoyed the various Commodore 64 game soundtracks used in that RPG production. :cool:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Gotta admit I was doing a little dance when I heard Monty on the Run as the battle theme. :neckbeard:

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

That game pretty much owns, I gotta say.

Allmightybob
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not saying that I'm Batman. I'm just saying that... Oh, wait, yes I am. Yes, I'm Batman.

AE-35 Unit posted:

As a connoisseur of fine chiptunes, I enjoyed the various Commodore 64 game soundtracks used in that RPG production. :cool:

I recognized Caverns of Khafka and the Movie Monster Game. What other ones were there?

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Crazy Comets for one.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So glad you're doing this walkthrough, Lowtax. I never figured out the robot puzzle and you just entered the part of the game I gave up on.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Allmightybob posted:

I recognized Caverns of Khafka and the Movie Monster Game. What other ones were there?

Crazy Comets for Furnituretopia, Blue Max for the King's castle, Monty on the Run for the battle music, and Robin of the Wood intro when you get to the new castle to name a few. It was fun trying to remember them all!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Space Bat posted:

So the game does end when you get to the castle with the dress in it. I always wondered what you were supposed to do next. I even messed around with the levers that make the world look all hosed up. Finally I can die in peace. Unless there actually is more, but this is where I could never figure out what to do next
Actually I quit making it around where I ended the commentary on the game (in the eternal sentient dress castle). I just wanted to make it look like the game is much longer, so people might play it and be very upset.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
How long did it take you to make that lovely thing?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I thought it was all After Effects, tbh.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

How long did it take you to make that lovely thing?
I don't remember, it was just something I would mess with off and on over a period of time.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I was hoping you'd say you whipped it together one afternoon, because if so, there would officially be no excuse whatever for the mountains of garbage on display in this thread, and all across YoYo games.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I was hoping you'd say you whipped it together one afternoon, because if so, there would officially be no excuse whatever for the mountains of garbage on display in this thread, and all across YoYo games.

It kind of requires having a technical mindset as well as the ability to realize that the first things you make will most likely be poo poo and not fit for public release. I used to make Doom levels, music, and all kinds of other poo poo but never released any of it for that exact reason.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Is there a correct number to guess for the evil cooked turkey?

I can't believe an expert video game walkthrough would leave out Hot Tips like that.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
He says in the video that there is no correct number doesn't he?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

He just does 07 and leaves.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Hmm, maybe he only said it during the stream then.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Is there a correct number to guess for the evil cooked turkey?

I can't believe an expert video game walkthrough would leave out Hot Tips like that.
No, the king mentions the cooked turkey is an evil trickster. His trick is to ask you what your favorite number is, and always claim that's wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Lowtax posted:

No, the king mentions the cooked turkey is an evil trickster. His trick is to ask you what your favorite number is, and always claim that's wrong.

Because as we all know cooked turkeys are the final authority on favorite numbers.

• Locked thread